PDA

View Full Version : Willrow Hood in 2009

Mr. JabbaJohnL
02-27-2008, 05:18 PM
From JediDefender (http://jedidefender.com/newspro/fullnews.cgi?newsid1204143094,42696,)

3. As you know, JediDefender is proud to support the "Please Give us a Willrow Hood Figure" campaign. During the conventions last Summer, it was sounding like he might finally make his way into our collections in 2009. How about an update for our ICMG fans? Have you guys decided on "single card" or "multi-pack" yet?

** We can confirm that Willrow will be a basic-carded figure in 2009 in an EpV-themed wave (no updates on who his wave-mates are. You'll have to wait!). As of yet, no design work has been started on Willrow, but we'll see if there's an opportunity to share with everyone the progress of this fan-favorite figure as work starts to begin.

So there you go. I think after the triple-punch of Yarna, the AT-TE, and Willrow Hood, nobody is allowed to complain about Hasbro ever again. :D

Kidhuman
02-27-2008, 05:23 PM
Sure we will. I want a black bespin guard

Banthaholic
02-27-2008, 05:24 PM
Success!!!!

Though it still doesn't make up for the animated style CW figure decision...

Snowtrooper
02-27-2008, 05:46 PM
From JediDefender (http://jedidefender.com/newspro/fullnews.cgi?newsid1204143094,42696,)

So there you go. I think after the triple-punch of Yarna, the AT-TE, and Willrow Hood, nobody is allowed to complain about Hasbro ever again. :D

We can still b*tch about the Tonnika sisters. :D And I'm sure we'll come up with new causes(Dr. Evazan......ANH Owen Lars.....)

bigbarada
02-27-2008, 06:03 PM
So far I'm buying -1 Star Wars figures in 2009.:thumbsup:

Jargo
02-27-2008, 06:05 PM
wonder if Sal will build a 'Hood clone army?

TheRealDubya
02-27-2008, 06:19 PM
I'm down -- Bespin background characters are always cool by me.

The Fanboys have been mollified!

So what do we turn our considerable influence towards now? I like the aforementioned Cornelius Evazan and Owen Lars. I'd really love a brand new Ponda Baba. In fact, that's my number one most wanted. I've got a nostalgia yearning for Hammerhead, Greedo and Walrusman, and I want perfect versions of all three.

I get the impression we'll never see the Tonnika sisters, which is fine...I just want a final answer. If it is absolutely, without a doubt never gonna happen, then we can stop using votes on them and move on. But if there exists the possibility, then by all means we need to keep driving at it.

If not though, then some enterprising sculpter needs to get cracking on some high class bootlegs, because that would satisfy me. Don't put any names or logos or copyrights on anything and get them out the door.

All I would like to know from The House that George Built is WHY we can't have them. Has anyone ever gotten a straight answer from Lucasfilm or Hasbro at a convention? Rights issue? Did Dennis Muren have an affair with one of them? Is there some cover up going on?

Sinscia Fat'o
02-27-2008, 06:39 PM
Wow, Another OT fan favorite. Not bad news. Willrow won't be very exciting but he'll move faster than the Naboo guards!

What do the fans want now? I've always wanted the Tonnakas, since i was a kid actually, so that would be my vote. Though i know it'll be a cold day on Felucia before that happens.

Tycho
02-27-2008, 06:44 PM
What flavor of carbon frozen ice cream should he come with?

They could make variants:

chocolate-chip cookiee dough
rocky-road
chocolate fudge
vanilla sky
strawberry sherbert

I'm eating pineapple-coconut ice cream right now while I'm posting this.

They could make 31 Flavors of Wilrow Hood you know! That's a lot of mileage out of one action figure.

Seriously, who is going to display your Wilrow Hood action figure in your freezer? That would be so cool! Uh - literally.

But hey, while it's MadSlantedPowers' call, I don't think he can really come off our list until we see an actual picture of the production line figure. Right now we need to keep his winning votes on the record so they don't change their plans.

Jedi_Kal-El
02-27-2008, 06:49 PM
With 10 years yet to go, and if the line can still go for that long, there's no real reason in the world that Hasbro shouldn't be able to at least try in some form or another to get out every possible figure of every character they can. I know some would be less popular than others and some wouldn't sell as well, but c'mon you can sell a Clonetrooper in every color of the rainbow(even ones that weren't in any film, comic, cartoon)and you're telling me the Tonnika sisters wouldn't sell? There are polls on this and other forums to lobby Hasbro into making these characters as figures so you know the demand would be there. I just think the good folks(I use that term loosely)at Hasbro don't try hard enough at times.

Tycho
02-27-2008, 06:56 PM
It's some legal issue with the Tonnikas.

Christine Hewitt said she was OK with it before she died.

At the C3 convention, she mentioned that the other one had substance abuse problems and might vie for money from Lucasfilm (who controls Hasbro's licensing for SW) should this be done. I think her name is Angela "something." (I think it's Angela Staines?)

In any case, the original script didn't name them and there's some contention over which character the actresses played, since Decipher and the EU books named them later. So you can't make even one of them, without the other girl claiming it was her and trying to sue Lucas for money or something.

Christine Hewitt says she thinks she played Brea Tonnika. The EU also contends that the real Tonnika Sisters were arrested and several warrior women were actually impersonating them in the bar when Luke walked in.

I don't know if that was written to get around legal issues with using the characters either.

Jedi_Kal-El
02-27-2008, 07:00 PM
It's some legal issue with the Tonnikas.

Christine Hewitt said she was OK with it before she died.

At the C3 convention, she mentioned that the other one had substance abuse problems and might vie for money from Lucasfilm (who controls Hasbro's licensing for SW) should this be done. I think her name is Angela "something." (I think it's Angela Staines?)

In any case, the original script didn't name them and there's some contention over which character the actresses played, since Decipher and the EU books named them later. So you can't make even one of them, without the other girl claiming it was her and trying to sue Lucas for money or something.

Christine Hewitt says she thinks she played Brea Tonnika. The EU also contends that the real Tonnika Sisters were arrested and several warrior women were actually impersonating them in the bar when Luke walked in.

I don't know if that was written to get around legal issues with using the characters either.

Sounds like a bunch of overdramatic BS to me, but what do I know.

Beast
02-27-2008, 07:37 PM
Hopefully Treva Horme will be in the assortment with Willrow Hood.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Treva_Horme

Toss in Luke Skywalker and Princess Leia in their outfits from the Medical Frigate.

TheRealDubya
02-27-2008, 07:50 PM
It's some legal issue with the Tonnikas...

Wowsers. That's a heavy duty tangle. Like I said before, bring on the bootlegs.

Great call. I'm all for new aliens. Then, Luke and Leia as you mention, a new Han Bespin, an Ugnaught and we're ready to roll.

Bosskman
02-27-2008, 07:53 PM
We definately need a better Evizan.

Bosskman
02-27-2008, 07:54 PM
And Bea Arthur - then my collection will be complete.

Jedi_Kal-El
02-27-2008, 08:04 PM
And Bea Arthur - then my collection will be complete.

I'll be upset if they don't ever make her. I'll have to find one of her Golden Girls figures to customize then I guess.

Banthaholic
02-27-2008, 08:32 PM
So what do we turn our considerable influence towards now? I like the aforementioned Cornelius Evazan and Owen Lars. I'd really love a brand new Ponda Baba. In fact, that's my number one most wanted. I've got a nostalgia yearning for Hammerhead, Greedo and Walrusman, and I want perfect versions of all three.

Ackmena :thumbsup:

Jargo
02-27-2008, 09:46 PM
Teeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeek!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!

Beast
02-27-2008, 10:16 PM
We need to now start gathering support for Jocasta Nu! :D

OCB
02-27-2008, 10:34 PM
I just wanted to stop and say thanks to a lot of the people here who supported my petition oh so long ago (http://forums.sirstevesguide.com/showthread.php?t=10508) and have continued to do so for the entire time. Its been a long journey but its finally coming to an end and I am ever so happy today. :razz:

Slicker
02-27-2008, 10:35 PM
Fans will still complain.

That's pathetically how is and will always be. They get an inch and they want a mile.

Tycho
02-27-2008, 10:45 PM
We need to now start gathering support for Jocasta Nu! :D

Nyrat Agira!

jedi master sal
02-28-2008, 12:15 AM
wonder if Sal will build a 'Hood clone army?

Nah, but I will buy 1 extra to redeco him as an urban custom and he shall hence forth be called "Ice Cream-in Da' Hood!"

Heck if we already have Ice Cube and Ice T and to a much lesser degree Vanilla Ice, then why not Ice Cream!

-Sal

jedi master sal
02-28-2008, 12:20 AM

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Treva_Horme

Toss in Luke Skywalker and Princess Leia in their outfits from the Medical Frigate.

I'm with you on the Medical Frigate twins!
AND AN ACCURATE OT 2-1B!!!

jedi master sal
02-28-2008, 12:22 AM
Nyrat Agira!

Oh hells yeah. While I'd like a Jocasta Nu, Nyrat Agira is WAY better, especially if she comes with that new hip articulation.... :lipsrsealed:

AmanaMatt
02-28-2008, 01:10 AM
I wonder if this was announced (so early) to appease fans' that are clearly less than thrilled with the 2008 line up?!?

Devil King
02-28-2008, 02:29 AM

Likey not. Even more so if he comes out and he's been given the current articulation standard. We have many far more important characters that need to be updated before we start packaging ice cream maker guy and passing him off as neccessary.

jedi master sal
02-28-2008, 07:29 AM
I wonder if this was announced (so early) to appease fans' that are clearly less than thrilled with the 2008 line up?!?

You've got a point there.

jedi master sal
02-28-2008, 07:36 AM
Likey not. Even more so if he comes out and he's been given the current articulation standard. We have many far more important characters that need to be updated before we start packaging ice cream maker guy and passing him off as neccessary.

Far more important? Maybe

But not as desired.

As ludicrious as it may seem, and truly it is, the petition to get this character made as a figure represents MORE than just the character itself.

It DOES show that with enough organization, patience and the occassional hounding, we collectors CAN make a difference in the items we want.

So in that respect ICMG has a lot more importance than the umpteenth Padme or Vader.

We've been passionately asking not only for ICMG but Yarna and several others for years. Hasbro FINALLY listened to us. Yes, it could be due to the lack of new characters to infuse into the line. However I do think in art it has to do with the efforts of we collectors continually asking for specific characters to be made.

I seriously doubt we'd have gotten ICMG at all had we not asked. Yarna maybe, but even now not so soon.

I welcome this figure and will gladly purchase two (loose/carded). Heck maybe a third depending on the sculpt and articulation for custom.

El Chuxter
02-28-2008, 08:48 AM
They need to release a Teek/Ackmena comic pack, and commission a new comic starring both of them!

JEDIpartner
02-28-2008, 09:31 AM
Sure we will. I want a black bespin guard

Me too... and one that's a cracker as well! LOL

They need to release a Teek/Ackmena comic pack, and commission a new comic starring both of them!

Definitely!! I'd love to see an Ackmena figure!! Bea Arthur rocks my world!!

Jargo
02-28-2008, 09:46 AM
Ackmena and Chalmun twin pack. Teeeeeeeeeeeeeeeek and Noa twin pack.

AmanaMatt
02-28-2008, 09:58 AM
I'll buy two of this one. Now, if we could get a SA Bespin Guard with the ethnic variants, I'll be happy!

jedi master sal
02-28-2008, 10:00 AM
Ackmena and Chalmun twin pack. Teeeeeeeeeeeeeeeek and Noa twin pack.

I'd actually buy the Ackmena/Chalmun set. Ackmena by herself is a novelty, but back with by the power of a Wookiee, it would be sure to sell. (Or maybe I'm being overly optimistic here)
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Ackmena
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Chalmun

Teel/Noa? Not so much. Though a Teek/Gorax, now THAT I'd buy!!!
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Teek
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Gorax

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Noa (and his die-beet-iss)

-Sal

Cane_Adiss
02-28-2008, 10:26 AM
I just hope they give me my Cane Adiss and Mon Cal Dancer sometime soon (by next year? Please?) Those are the figures I've been dying for for years now.

I find it interesting that they decided to confirm Willrow so early. Here's what the whole wave should look like:

Willrow Hood
Utris M'toc
Edian
Treva Horme and/or Wiorkettle
Ugloste
Zuckuss
Princess Leia (Hoth, all new)

These are the figures I want most from ESB, though I'm thinking it's not likely they'll all come out in the same year so Hasbro can milk the film in later years to help keep the line going.

jedi master sal
02-28-2008, 11:40 AM
...Here's what the whole wave should look like:

Well, I wouldn't say "should" but "could" look like.

Here's what I'm hoping for from the ESB only wave:
* Princess Leia (Hoth, all new)
* Toryn Farr
Cal Alder (possibly. He's just generic enough to be an NEW Hoth Rebel trooper)
Holographic Imperial Officer (think asteroid victim officer)
* Willrow Hood
Bespin Security (Caucasian/Black running change)
Lt. Sheckil (Jeremy Bulloch's character that is NOT Boba Fett)
* Luke Skywaker (Medical Frigate patient)
* Princess Leia (Medical Frigate)

Now that's 10 figures, includes main characters, army builders and a few highly desired non-core characters to boot. The ones with a "*" in front of them are the ones I'd want most from this list. The only main thing my list suffers from is a lack of aliens (or non-humans). For me, ESB was very much a human story. Not much for non-humans, with exception to Yoda.

-Sal

El Chuxter
02-28-2008, 12:28 PM
Problem with a Teek/Gorax pack is that the Gorax dwarfs the Rancor by several feet (if not meters).

jedi master sal
02-28-2008, 12:37 PM
Problem with a Teek/Gorax pack is that the Gorax dwarfs the Rancor by several feet (if not meters).

I know, heh heh! That' why I wantssss it.

Teek is such a diminutive character, that a Gorax would more than well make up for it. I'm still for making the Gorax a build-a-figure too.

Jargo
02-28-2008, 12:43 PM
even if they only made the Gorax an 18 inch figure it'd still be big enough to dwarf the figures and give the impression of vastness. at 12 inches it could still come under the beast category and have Teek as a pack in.

A twin pack with a brand new Wicket would also suit Teek.

Tycho
02-28-2008, 12:49 PM
If they're going to do that, I want the Sando Aqua Monster from TPM, as well as the Colo Claw Fish.

I didn't see Cloverfield, but if I bought that monster, it could almost work for the Sando.

El Chuxter
02-28-2008, 12:51 PM
I would buy a Battlepack of "The Many Moods of Darth Vader" if it had Teek as a pack-in.

Tycho, haven't we been over before how large the Sando Aqua Monster would have to be?

Devil King
02-28-2008, 04:13 PM
Hasbro FINALLY listened to us.

Are you sure it has as much to do with Hasbro finally listening to the long time cry for this character, as it does with Hasbro running out of characters to put out?

I mean, there's a certain level of mystery and mythology to a number of background characters in SW. This guy just isn't one of them, for me at least. You can create your own story for a lot of background characters (assuming you haven't been poisoned by some story written for the character) in the cantina or Jabba's Palace, because they're a little more exciting. There's nothing particularly jazzy about a chubby black fellow that's running for his life and the only thing in the world he thought to take with him was his ice cream maker. Although, I can certainly see his story taking up 30 pages in a Bespin evacuation anthology. (given the SW habit of making every character somehow essential to the plot of the over all story arc, I am sure he was taking his ice cream maker with him because he was a secret rebel operative who was on Bespin and it was carrying the plans for the 2nd Death Star)

I'd just like to see an update of better, more interesting characters. Like the Gamorrean Guard. His current sculpt is pretty great. All it would take is a little tweaking and he could be better articulated.

Banthaholic
02-29-2008, 07:50 PM
I just wanted to stop and say thanks to a lot of the people here who supported my petition oh so long ago (http://forums.sirstevesguide.com/showthread.php?t=10508) and have continued to do so for the entire time. Its been a long journey but its finally coming to an end and I am ever so happy today. :razz:

Without you man and your efforts, this wouldn't have even been on the radar for a figure. The petition started the drive, and now wow! Talk about hitting a homerun.

I think we gotta get the Ackmena drive going...

evenflow
03-02-2008, 09:24 AM
I hope hasbro does another fan choice poll soon, not that Yarna and ICMG are out i would like to see a reworked list.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
02-01-2009, 02:11 PM
Here (http://www.jedidefender.com/yabbse/index.php?topic=13411.msg412790#msg412790) is the blueprint for Willrow. Sweet!

Tycho
02-01-2009, 02:43 PM
"Device holds top secret Rebel plans?" Dude: the device holds ICE CREAM! Everyone knows that. Now perhaps it's a top secret recipe for ice cream that General Rieeken doesn't want to land in the hands of the Empire! Yeah: Hoth Ice Cream, Echo Mocha, Wampa Road - who knows? That's why it's top secret!

Meanwhile, I hate to be a complainer, but the artistic sketch for the figure's headsculpt does not look like it matches up to the actor. I dare not even guess what that will mean for the final figure.

But I'd hate it if we were to have problems with our very first figure of The Ice Cream Maker Guy and wind up demanding a resculpt. However, he does not appear to be super-articulated for the best ice cream making action.

jediguy
02-01-2009, 02:47 PM
my hopes for this figure were dashed by the sketches

the preposed arms, the overall lack of articulation, and the top secret rebel plans have lessened my desire for the ICMG

it seems like Hasbro just threw this together to silence those of us who wanted this figure

I was hoping to get several for diorama filler, but after seeing the sketches, I think only one will meet my needs

Jargo
02-01-2009, 03:29 PM
why that little ice cream maker will look just darlin' in Aunt Beru's kitchen.

fat guy in a jumpsuit sweatin like a pig aint on my shopping list.

bigbarada
02-01-2009, 03:34 PM
Yay! The legendary pegwarmer-to-be is finally on the way. :rolleyes: Now the 10 people who want this guy can buy him and we can move on.

Mad Slanted Powers
02-01-2009, 04:11 PM
Meanwhile, I hate to be a complainer, but the artistic sketch for the figure's headsculpt does not look like it matches up to the actor. I dare not even guess what that will mean for the final figure. Actually, I think it looks about right. It's just that in the sketch it makes him look like a white guy,

the preposed arms, the overall lack of articulation, and the top secret rebel plans have lessened my desire for the ICMG

it seems like Hasbro just threw this together to silence those of us who wanted this figure

I was hoping to get several for diorama filler, but after seeing the sketches, I think only one will meet my needs
Well, the backstory on him does say that the ice cream maker is actually a computer core that had info about Rebel contacts on it. As far as the articulation, the comments on that link make it sound as if those joints will have some articulation. We'll have to wait and see. One thing I did just notice is he seems to be holding the "ice cream maker" with the wrong arm.

Snowtrooper
02-01-2009, 04:56 PM
Well, the backstory on him does say that the ice cream maker is actually a computer core that had info about Rebel contacts on it.

I know they have to come up with this backstory to make the character a little more exciting. But to me, he's always going to be some poor schmuck whos trying to get the hell out of Bespin in a hurry with his livelihood.

Tycho
02-01-2009, 08:04 PM
They should make his EU spaceship look like an ice cream truck!

Mr. JabbaJohnL
02-01-2009, 08:45 PM
Those sorts of pictures always look preposed, but it says that he'll have a lot of articulation. It lists the points on there.

Snowtrooper
02-01-2009, 10:15 PM
They should make his EU spaceship look like an ice cream truck!

It could have the Blue Bunny logo on the side of it.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
02-01-2009, 11:49 PM
It could have the Blue Bunny logo on the side of it.
Even better, let's go with Green Bunny and include a Jaxxon figure. :D

Slicker
02-02-2009, 12:05 AM

Please say you're kidding? Preposed arms? Well, I would hope so since we only f-in' saw him carrying the ice cream maker. And if he would've come with some big blaster you would've complained as well. This figure is a one hit wonder and that's it. People have been wanting this figure for years and now they get him (in the pose he's famous for) and, of course, it's not enough.

Tycho
02-02-2009, 04:20 AM
Slicker, I know part of it is getting Hasbro to make the funniest, most unlikely, obscure character.

Back in the day, I think Hasbro answered us back with Jek Porkins in a way, but now he seems pretty mainstream.

Wuher the cantina bartender was another that diorama builders really begged and petitioned for.

Pote Snitkin was a Hasbro discovery aimed at throwing one back towards us that no one noticed before.

The B'Omarr Monk was a surprise from Hasbro as well.

Breha Organa might be, too.

Wilrow Hood is the fans striking back. Sure, he is funny: the Empire's invading Cloud City and this guy is trying to save the ice cream maker! And he's a token black guy in a really boring, non-descript costume on top of it.

Fans are going to have to find a new obscurity to champion. As the prequels are still less-mined-for-characters, there are several that come to mind as being about this obscure:

Naboo Holy Man who married Anakin and Padme - boring if you ask me, but I suppose he completes that scene - though I think he's unnecessary, as he quickly leaves the scene and it closes with Anakin and Padme, R2, and 3PO much like ESB closed with Luke and Leia, R2, and 3PO. That's what Lucas was going for and I will be likewise when I assemble the scene for my own display. I'd buy a Naboo Holy Man if they made one, but I don't really want one.

Nyrat Agira - now here's one I want. A sexy chic wearing Fredrick's of Alderaan! Who doesn't like hot girls in thongs? If Hasbro made one or all of the Coruscant Nightclub girls, you could buy them all at a fraction of the cost of one real-live prostitute. What a novel concept indeed. In any event, Club Outlander on Coruscant is more heavily populated by humans, an intended contrast with an Outer Rim establishment like the Mos Eisley Cantina. Thus most fans don't like the Outlander as much as the Cantina, but it does reflect the fictional demographics established for the Star Wars galaxy. Anyway, out of most of the humans in this bar, the thong-wearing girls would be the best choice by far. Nyrat Agira is likely the most attractive out of all of them. Her bellybutton's showing and she has a cool tattoo around it as well.

Anyway, Old Jira and Jocasta Nu are others some might point towards, but they actually had screen time with speaking lines, and are thus not in the same category as Wilrow Hood.

There are others from Cloud City though, who are even more obscure as they were cut from The Empire Strikes Back: Wiorkettle, Utriss M'Toc, and Treva Horme. All of these aliens I'd really like. I'd also like a Bespin woman that you see when Lando orders the evacuation and there's an exterior view of the inhabitants listening to his announcement. She's human and otherwise unremarkable except that she has a slender figure and is thus attractive from that distance. I took it that Bespin was mostly populated by humans, too. I would love for more of Cloud City to be produced for action figures, which is why I'm excited about Wilrow Hood. True enough, I will likely only buy 1 of him, but he's definitely going to be purchased.

Pat Shark
02-02-2009, 08:00 PM
I too would love to see more Cloud City figures with the most obvious ones being the Black and Moustachioed Security Guards. The only thing which concerns me is the potential for peg-warming.
It's been well documented that the Asian Bespin Guard was a horrendous peg-warmer. Whether it had to do with the open jacket or if it was his obscure status I'm not sure. I thought he was awesome especially with all those accessories.
With the apparent success of Endor and Yavin multi-packs perhaps Hasbro could look at bringing out a pack depicting Boba Fett cruising down the halls of Cloud City with his frozen booty (Han Solo in Carbonite) along with the Black Security Guard and the old Greybone Security Guard. That scene totally stood out to me as a kid and I would certainly regard that as an "iconic" Star Wars moment. Plus it seems to fit the Hasbro criteria of having a couple of "core" charcters and a couple of minor characters that may be potential peg-warmers. Maybe they could sneak the Snivvian in there as well!
That's not say I wouldn't buy these figures if they were on cards, I love the minor characters that's what makes the SW world so rich. I'm just looking at ways to convince Hasbro of taking the risk with new molds etc.

TheDarthVader
02-06-2009, 03:40 PM
I will be buying the ICMG. He will make a great conversation piece when the ole brother-in-law says, "I don't remember him." I can pop in the ESB DVD and show him!

I am with Tycho: WE WANT NYRAT AGIRA! She is damn sexy.

bigbarada
02-06-2009, 04:47 PM
He will make a great conversation piece when the ole brother-in-law says, "I don't remember him." I can pop in the ESB DVD and show him!

Y'see, I don't have anyone like that. My brother is ten times the Star Wars fan that I am. In fact, if not for him, I probably would have walked away from Star Wars in 1986 and never looked back.

However aside from my brother, I don't have many family or friends who are even remotely interested in Star Wars. Even if they are, they're not going to care enough to ask about the identities of every single Star Wars figure in my collection. They're just going to see a mass of Star Wars figures, realize that I'm a little on the strange side and change the subject.:D

So, the only person who really appreciates my collection is me (my brother's collection will always dwarf mine).

TheDarthVader
02-07-2009, 09:24 PM
I feel for you, Big B. I showed him my Ephant Mon figure not long ago, and he says that he did not remember him from return of the jedi...and so I showed him. And he was like, "Wow! I never noticed him before." And I said, "There are probably lots of others you never noticed too."

I got lucky....my sister's third husband is a star wars fan but does not know near as many characters as I do. hehehehhe

jediguy
02-08-2009, 12:34 PM
Please say you're kidding? Preposed arms? Well, I would hope so since we only f-in' saw him carrying the ice cream maker. And if he would've come with some big blaster you would've complained as well. This figure is a one hit wonder and that's it. People have been wanting this figure for years and now they get him (in the pose he's famous for) and, of course, it's not enough.

Hasbro could have easily used arms that are more articulated, so that he could do more than just hold the stupid thing
I want an action figure, not an action posed figure
and I would be thrilled if he came with some big blaster, but my bet is that Hasbro cheaped out again and we wont get that either

Habro made Breha Organa standing up with no chance of sitting (in the pose she's famous for), and the 5 seconds she was on the screen all she did was sit

so please feel free to buy all of the extra ICMG that I choose not to buy
2 is my limit, unless we find out he is better articulated than those early sketches demonstrate