PDA

View Full Version : The debate of Bane Malar and Sgt Doallyn

urrutiap
02-27-2008, 09:46 PM
I was skimming through Return of the Jedi a few minutes ago to check out the details on characters like how many bars are on Jerjerrod's suit and as for bane malar i paused the movie every second when he popped up to tangle with Chewie and Leia who's disguised as Boussh. I paid very close attention to Bane Malar's outfit in the movie. It's all black and his helmet is round bubblish with hoses. Now me personally I'm still an old school casual fan of Star Wars but I'm glad I didnt come up with these names that go to the characters in question in Return of the Jedi especially with Malar and Doallyn. As of right now rebelscum is kicking our butts with the Q and A to Hasbro and they even started asking Hasbro about the two characters and the upcoming action figure. If anyone else has the time go watch Return of the Jedi and pause every second when "Bane Malar" pops up to try to get physical with Leia and Chewie at the steps

Tycho
02-27-2008, 09:50 PM
I'm confused as to which is which. That still might be Sgt. Doaylln that Chewie tosses when Boussh enters.

Bane Malar and Sgt. Doaylln have different kinds of helmets, and outfits in general. They're similar in some respects, but not entirely.

I still think we could use a figure of Doallyn, too.

figrin bran
02-27-2008, 09:53 PM
. As of right now rebelscum is kicking our butts with the Q and A to Hasbro and they even started asking Hasbro about the two characters and the upcoming action figure.

I thought that you hated that site :p

I don't care if it's Bane Malar or Doallyn, I'll buy the figure anyways.

Tycho
02-27-2008, 09:56 PM
Of course I'll buy Bane Malar.

I want to buy multiples of BOTH characters. That's all.

Jedi_Kal-El
02-27-2008, 09:57 PM
I thought that you hated that site :p

I don't care if it's Bane Malar or Doallyn, I'll buy the figure anyways.

I was wondering the same thing. Alot of RS defense going on me's thinking.

I look at it this way. If we're getting Bane, then we'll most likely get Doallyn. Don't quote me on that, but It'll probably happen.

Banthaholic
02-27-2008, 09:57 PM
The way I see it is Hasbro just gave us the more obscure of the two. Any time we can get a character wanted by some that is so random, it's a win for those fans, and avg collectors looking for a scene filler. Even if Bane isn't in the movies we just got an awesome looking figure.

To me it's quite obvious with Yarna & Hermi off many ROTJ wishlists, Doallyn has to sit pretty high. The debate should be will we see Doallyn in '09 or '10.

Banthaholic
02-27-2008, 09:59 PM

When I read the OP, I also thought the same thing myself, just didn't knwo how to articulate it. Too funny.

I might now post to often, but when I do it's at SSG, otheRSites just don't compare.

Kidhuman
02-27-2008, 10:01 PM
I didnt know the Q&A were a competition.

Slicker
02-27-2008, 10:30 PM
I'm still saying that is NOT Bane Malar that Chewie throttles.

If you've seen the Decipher card Bane is wearing dark blue and his helmet is taller. The outfit worn by the guy Chewie throws down is almost exactly like the outfit that we see the good Sgt. wearing over the sarlaac except for that it's black.

urrutiap
02-27-2008, 10:57 PM
Well... we'll just to have to wait until there's more updated photos of the Bane Malar figure including a picture of the back of the card with the info on him to find out if he is or isnt the one that gets thrown down the steps.

I'll still buy this figure anyway

El Chuxter
02-28-2008, 08:46 AM
I read the topic of this thread and pictured the two of them seated while Brian Russell and Tim Russert asked them questions about what they'd do in Iraq.

JEDIpartner
02-28-2008, 09:35 AM

I almost don't care about the Q&A. :shocked:

Jargo
02-28-2008, 09:44 AM
I've never seen a single frame of the movie with this Malar dude in it. all i've ever seen is the decipher card. however Doallyn is definitely in the movie quite clearly. he's a skiff guard on the second skiff so it's a lot more likely he's the one on the stairs.

Mister Roboto
02-28-2008, 12:29 PM

I look at it this way. If we're getting Bane, then we'll most likely get Doallyn. Don't quote me on that, but It'll probably happen.

I'm quoting you!:thumbsup::Dlol

And just to clarify. Is Bane Malar the guy that got knocked down the steps when Leia brought Chewbacca in and Sgt Doallyn is the helmeted guard on the skiff wearing a white jumpsuit? Or is it the other way around?

Droid
02-28-2008, 01:23 PM
If you look at the helmet of the guy Chewie knocks down the stairs it is NOT Bane Malar's helmet (unless Hasbro modifies it after Toy Fair).

CaptainSolo1138
02-28-2008, 02:05 PM
Sgt. Doallyn (http://decipher.com/starwars/cardlists/jabbaspalace/light/images/sergeantdoallyn.gif)

Bane Malar (http://decipher.com/starwars/cardlists/jabbaspalace/dark/images/banemalar.gif)

Pic of what is clearly a Bane Malar figure. (http://threads.rebelscum.com/photogallery/data//1562/leg21.jpg)

Tycho
02-28-2008, 02:32 PM
Thank you CaptainSolo. Now which one is the one you see furry hands throw against the wall as Boussh enters?

And BTW, both look cool - so who cares as long as we get figures of BOTH?

CaptainSolo1138
02-28-2008, 03:59 PM
Thank you CaptainSolo. Now which one is the one you see furry hands throw against the wall as Boussh enters?
Personally, I think its Doallyn. But I haven't seen "Jedi" recently enough to really put any weight behind that.

Kidhuman
02-28-2008, 04:09 PM
I always thought it was Doallyn. I ever heard of this Bane Malar character until the announced the wave

Droid
02-28-2008, 04:10 PM
Cue up that part of Jedi. The most clearly seen feature of the person Chewie throws is the tubing on the helmet. The person appears to wear black.

I don't care what you call that person that is thrown, Doallyn or Bane, but the Bane figure does not have that tubing.

The character on the second skiff, is wearing white, while the person thrown does the stairs appears to be in black, has a helmet with that tubing.

The EU calls the person Chewie throws and the person from the skiff both Doallyn and call neither Bane. Bane, so far as I can tell, only exists as a Decipher card. I will buy Bane, but don't consider it Doallyn. And I don't consider it the person Chewie throws down the stairs (who may be Doallyn).

Jedi_Kal-El
02-28-2008, 05:41 PM
I read the topic of this thread and pictured the two of them seated while Brian Russell and Tim Russert asked them questions about what they'd do in Iraq.

So who won Chux?

2-1B
02-28-2008, 05:46 PM
I'm still saying that is NOT Bane Malar that Chewie throttles.

I think it was a Cruisemissile Trooper. :thumbsup:

Sinscia Fat'o
02-28-2008, 05:51 PM
I'll buy both or either, it doesn't matter...either way x figure this may be is going in my Jabba's Palace Throne room Diorama...end of story!

As for the RS...Q and A topic...it doesn't matter. RS asks questions we ask questions. Dispite were you post or get your news we're all a community and we all want the same thing...and that's SW stuff...some of us may want OT, PT or EU but there's one thing we all have in common and that's SW.

Deoxyribonucleic
02-28-2008, 06:10 PM
According to Tales from Jabba's Palace, the Fat Dancer's Tale, Sgt. Doallyn IS the guy that chewie pushes down the stairs. He was mentioned in this novel WAY WAY WAY before those cards came out and confused everyone. IMO, the figure we are getting is about 2/3 Sgt. Doallyn. Black jumpsuit, shiny helmet, but the tubes is in the wrong place on the helmet and a different configuration (oh yeah) for the figure we are getting. I honestly think they took both characters and meshed them together as one! Like everyone else, I will be getting this figure, it looks fantastic!

:thumbsup:

TheRealDubya
02-28-2008, 06:54 PM

Totally. I wonder how many points we're down by? I'm sure JT can craft a 100 point gem for this week's session. Hang on, I think I got it. Hasbro has totally never heard this one and they are guaranteed to love it:

"When are you going to make a Cloud Car that comes with a 6 foot tall, 60 pound Death Star Playset and at the same time finally get your distribution system working, even though your current SKU ordering is clearly totally infallible?"

Jedi_Kal-El
02-28-2008, 06:56 PM
Totally. I wonder how many points we're down by? I'm sure JT can craft a 100 point gem for this week's session. Hang on, I think I got it. Hasbro has totally never heard this one and they are guaranteed to love it:

"When are you going to make a Cloud Car that comes with a 6 foot tall, 60 pound Death Star Playset and at the same time finally get your distribution system working, even though your your current SKU ordering is totally infallible?"

That's a real good question. Trumps anything RS has, now that we're apparently in competition with them.

CaptainSolo1138
02-28-2008, 07:00 PM
"When are you going to make a Cloud Car that comes with a 6 foot tall, 60 pound Death Star Playset and at the same time finally get your distribution system working, even though your current SKU ordering is clearly totally infallible?"But will it be SA and include soft goods?

Deoxyribonucleic
02-28-2008, 07:05 PM
"When are you going to make a Cloud Car that comes with a 6 foot tall, 60 pound Death Star [/I]

Will it come with a new figure sculpt or a rehash?

Jargo
02-28-2008, 07:06 PM
it bothers me if he wasn't even in the movie. has he been in comics this Bane Malar dude? or just the decipher card?

Jedi_Kal-El
02-28-2008, 07:06 PM
Is it going to look animated and have action features?

Deoxyribonucleic
02-28-2008, 07:07 PM
it bothers me if he wasn't even in the movie. has he been in comics this Bane Malar dude? or just the decipher card?

Seriously, I don't think anyone knows anymore!! Not you, not me, not Hasbro, certainly not decipher. Maybe West End Games is our only hope!

TheRealDubya
02-28-2008, 07:09 PM
Will it come with a new figure sculpt or a rehash?

Right, and ball-jointed wrists. Don't forget the ball-jointed wrists. And make sure the belt's bearing is screen accurate too.

Jedi_Kal-El
02-28-2008, 07:10 PM
Seriously, I don't think anyone knows anymore!! Not you, not me, not Hasbro, certainly not decipher. Maybe West End Games is our only hope!

I just want to buy the damn thing and not wonder where his exact place is. He'll just look darn cool on my shelf.

Jedi_Kal-El
02-28-2008, 07:11 PM
Right, and ball-jointed wrists. Don't forget the ball-jointed wrists. And make sure the belt's bearing is screen accurate too.

What other kind of pack-ins can it include? A stand, a coin, or a hologram?

Deoxyribonucleic
02-28-2008, 07:17 PM
Right, and ball-jointed wrists. Don't forget the ball-jointed wrists.

This thread is killin' me smalls, KILLIN' ME! Definitely needed a good laugh!

Will it have cheap decals or painted detail? The sticker decals are just a cheap shot Hasbro, a cheap shot!

Jedi_Kal-El
02-28-2008, 07:19 PM
This thread is killin' me smalls, KILLIN' ME! Definitely needed a good laugh!

Will it have cheap decals or painted detail? The sticker decals are just a cheap shot Hasbro, a cheap shot!

STOP IT!! I'm trying to take a drink here. Will it have a removable helmet with a Jango face underneath?

Kidhuman
02-28-2008, 07:22 PM
Cant we just call it Sgt. Malar and split the difference?

Jedi_Kal-El
02-28-2008, 07:24 PM
Cant we just call it Sgt. Malar and split the difference?

If we're going to go that route, then why don't we just call him Sgt. Bane Doallyn Malar?

Kidhuman
02-28-2008, 07:59 PM
If we're going to go that route, then why don't we just call him Sgt. Bane Doallyn Malar?

Why do you have to go and start another discussion?

Jedi_Kal-El
02-28-2008, 08:00 PM
Why do you have to go and start another discussion?

Sorry, wasn't my intention. Just thought it might be easier for all.

Kidhuman
02-28-2008, 08:07 PM
Your just trying to get the post count to 1600 tonight arent ya?

Jedi_Kal-El
02-28-2008, 08:11 PM
Maybe, but I'm gonna need to put on a extra pot of coffee to pull it off.

Deoxyribonucleic
02-28-2008, 08:14 PM
Maybe, but I'm gonna need to put on a extra pot of coffee to pull it off.

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm coffeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

Bane "My Molar is Killin' Me" Doallyn

Jedi_Kal-El
02-28-2008, 08:15 PM
mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm coffeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

Bane "My Molar is Killin' Me" Doallyn

Good one Deox, and if ya want I'll pour you a cup.

Deoxyribonucleic
02-28-2008, 08:18 PM
Good one Deox, and if ya want I'll pour you a cup.

Yes please, black with sugar YUM. The heat will help the ol' Malar ;)

Jedi_Kal-El
02-28-2008, 08:21 PM
Yes please, black with sugar YUM. The heat will help the ol' Malar ;)

I always heard ice was better for the ol' Malar.

Black with sugar, you got it. :thumbsup:

TheRealDubya
02-28-2008, 08:28 PM
I always heard ice was better for the ol' Malar.

Black with sugar, you got it. :thumbsup:

You know, they wouldn't tolerate this sort of jibber-jabber action over at Rebelscum...I mean, if we're truly in competition with them and all, we need to clean our act up.

They moderate like those warrior guards in Tron..."Move it, program!" :whip:

JK, they're all good sports over there.:D

El Chuxter
02-28-2008, 09:50 PM
Maybe, just maybe, it was intended to be one guy and he owned two sets of clothing, unlike everyone else in the SW universe.

Jedi_Kal-El
02-28-2008, 09:51 PM
Good theory Chux.

TheDarthVader
02-28-2008, 09:56 PM
Instead of putting a name on the card, they should just put "Jabba's Palace Denizen" or "Jabba's Palace Bounty Hunter". That way no one would be confused.

PS I need to change my location (and I will) now that Hasbro is finally making YARNA! YESSSSSSSSSSSSSS!

evenflow
03-02-2008, 09:27 AM
Was it confirmed that the figures helmet is removable? Any pics?

omnithx
03-07-2008, 09:23 PM
Up until 15 minutes ago I would have agreed that it was Sergeant Doallyn getting tossed down the stairs. However, after viewing the original non SE version of Jedi on DVD I am convinced it is Bane Malar. The tubing is present on Bane, under his high collar. The real telltale is his crossed bandolier belt, visible on the DVD. The new SE version is too dark to see, but by going frame by frame on the older version it all becomes apparent. Even the helmet can be seen clearer, and it ain't Doallyns.

TheRealDubya
03-07-2008, 10:58 PM
Up until 15 minutes ago I would have agreed that it was Sergeant Doallyn getting tossed down the stairs. However, after viewing the original non SE version of Jedi on DVD I am convinced it is Bane Malar. The tubing is present on Bane, under his high collar. The real telltale is his crossed bandolier belt, visible on the DVD. The new SE version is too dark to see, but by going frame by frame on the older version it all becomes apparent. Even the helmet can be seen clearer, and it ain't Doallyns.

Yeah, I just watched it on Monday myself and I'm pretty sure it's Bane who gets the Wookiee kick to the scrot.

omnithx
03-07-2008, 11:31 PM
The weird thing is, when he approaches those tubes come off the side exactly like Doallyns, but when he's on the ground he looks like Bane. Here are some screenshots straight off my TV, zoomed in of course.

Tycho
03-08-2008, 12:03 AM
I don't know. The figure has some kind of "headlight" or something at the top of his helmet, and the picture from the movie doesn't clearly show this.

Also in the movie picture, there appears to be a snout on the helmet, below a visor. On the Bane figure, it is just one large rounded visor.

I'm not thoroughly convinced yet, but you could be right.

EDIT: It IS Bane Malar. I just watched that scene in ROTJ plenty of times over - actually wound up watching a few key scenes from ROTJ over while I was at it. (I may have to watch ROTJ tonight!)

I'll have to re-read the chapter on Sgt. Doallyn in "Tales From Jabba's Palace" to see if the novel got that all wrong, or where the misperception comes from. Malar and Doallyn are very similar looking.

TheRealDubya
03-08-2008, 12:50 PM
(I may have to watch ROTJ tonight!)

Watching it right now -- there's TONS of untapped characters from Jabba's Palace. What a great opening section.

Slicker
03-08-2008, 03:43 PM
I still think it's Doallyn. This figure is the first I've ever heard of Bane being the one thrown down the stairs. I've seen in several locations that it was Doallyn.

JON9000
03-08-2008, 05:09 PM
Or at least somebody dressed just like him is walking around Mos Espa right when Qui-gon Padme and Jar Jar get there. Watch and see! It'll prolly help if you have HD.

Slicker
03-08-2008, 09:13 PM
Or at least somebody dressed just like him is walking around Mos Espa right when Qui-gon Padme and Jar Jar get there. Watch and see! It'll prolly help if you have HD.I know the exact person and scene you're talking about JON. Now that I think on it he does look an awful lot like Doallyn.

Jedi_Kal-El
03-08-2008, 09:16 PM
Or at least somebody dressed just like him is walking around Mos Espa right when Qui-gon Padme and Jar Jar get there. Watch and see! It'll prolly help if you have HD.

The wonders of recycled costumes.

Deoxyribonucleic
03-09-2008, 01:43 PM
It's doallyn who was pushed down the stairs. What the problem is, like Zuckuss and 4-LOM, somebody (Hasbro or Decipher) mixed the characters up.

The picture is a page from Tales From Jabba's Palace, published in 1995, way before Decipher started making cards and deciding who was who in the star wars universe.

Also, check out this website, read the paragraphs under Inspiration and Accuracy!

http://www.erikstormtrooper.com/doallyn.htm

2-1B
03-09-2008, 01:45 PM
That's some fine spelunking. :thumbsup:

Now we just gotta figure who is who between Bumcake and Deoxycotin. :confused:

JON9000
03-09-2008, 02:24 PM
The wonders of recycled costumes.

Don't worry, the magic of EU can fix everything. Bane Malar is actually not only a bounty hunter, but also a ninja who hates the Jedi and Palpy's secret other apprentice!

Betcha never knew! ;)

Jedi_Kal-El
03-09-2008, 02:27 PM
Don't worry, the magic of EU can fix everything. Bane Malar is actually not only a bounty hunter, but also a ninja who hates the Jedi and Palpy's secret other apprentice!

Betcha never knew! ;)

Well, I figured he'd have to have at least 2 or 3 different backstories.

2-1B
03-09-2008, 06:18 PM
Kinda like a choose-your-own-adventure book. Remember those ?

Kidhuman
03-09-2008, 06:19 PM
Remember them? I just read the whole series last week.

CaptainSolo1138
03-09-2008, 07:14 PM
KH's life is actually lived out in a "choose your own adventure" style.

If KH decides to dump in the shower, turn to page 68!

If KH holds it until he's out, turn to page 74!

Kidhuman
03-09-2008, 07:21 PM
Oops, KH tried to hold it and he dropped it on the floor. You died, go back to page 1.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
03-09-2008, 07:23 PM
Page 68: Kidhuman dumps in the shower and notices its extreme similarity to the Force Unleashed Vader figure. He leaves it for the next lucky person who decides to take a shower.

Page 74: Kidhuman shows an amazing amount of self-control and waits until after he is showered to drop his deuce (no relation to Rockin' Deuce). He then puts a Tri-Droid on his head and causes his family to worry that he has finally gone off the deep end.

Jedi_Kal-El
03-09-2008, 07:23 PM
Oops, KH tried to hold it and he dropped it on the floor. You died, go back to page 1.

It always sucks when that happens and you have to start from the beginning. :(

El Chuxter
03-09-2008, 07:46 PM
KH's life is actually a Time Machine book. Instead of dying, you just go back about twelve steps.

Kidhuman
03-09-2008, 08:55 PM
KH's life is actually a Time Machine book. Instead of dying, you just go back about twelve steps.

Time Machine or Rehabilitation program?

Droid
03-15-2008, 10:01 AM
Rebelscum.com: Who is Bane Malar? We ask the question rhetorically, as we'd like to hear Hasbro's take on the figure. Best as most of us can tell, he's a photoshopped character from the Decipher Star Wars Customizable Card Game. From what we can see he's not visible in the film, and while he's easily confused with the character that gets thrown down the stairs when Boushh brings Chewie in for the bounty, the EU has established that character as Sgt. Doallyn. Stills from the film bare out that there are differences in the helmets between Decipher's Bane, the character that gets thrown down the stairs, and then Decipher's Doallyn, which they have incorrectly labeled as Skiff Guard from the Carkoon sequence - with yet another, albeit similar helmet. Can you help illustrate the process by which a character like this gets chosen, and perhaps tell us what the bio on the card back will read? While the figure looks great, it is one of the more "confusing" choices out there, and we'd LOVE to hear YOUR take on the Malar/Doallyn confusion.
Hasbro: Bane Malor is a character drawn from Lucasfilm archive reference material to which we have access. We double checked with Lucasfilm just to make sure, and indeed he is in on-set photos, but whether he actually made any background scenes has yet to be determined. He is without a doubt a different character from Sgt. Doallyn. Malor was actually brought to our attention during a past Q&A session, and became part of the "parking lot" that we regularly draw from when creating waves for a specific movie. At the time we selected him, we assumed he was on screen somewhere and was interesting to us, our own team favorite pick to complement Yarna (who is a deliberate nod to the fans). While it'll be a little wait before we actually do Doallyn, he is definitely on the short list for the next time we plan plan for a RotJ wave.

I guess this confirms that in Hasbro's mind, Malor is NOT the person Chewie throws down the stairs (since they aren't sure he is shown on screen).

I'll buy Bane, but I still want Doallyn.

Jedi_Kal-El
03-15-2008, 10:56 AM
I'll buy Bane, but I still want Doallyn.

I'm sure Hasbro knows that fans want Doallyn. I wouldn't be surprised if he showed up in the next year or two.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
03-15-2008, 12:28 PM
Jeez, now they're making figures they think could possibly have been in the movies but aren't quite sure.

So, why haven't they made Cliegg Lars yet?

El Chuxter
03-15-2008, 12:31 PM
They're not sure if he's in the movie. They only watched it one time, and they all had to pee in the middle. So they missed the entire Lars family, the rickshaw droid, and all the other cool Tatooine stuff we keep asking for that seems ridiculously obvious.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
03-15-2008, 12:42 PM
Okay, then. Otherwise it would be a little ridiculous.

Jedi_Kal-El
03-15-2008, 01:39 PM
Don't you know? Hasbro loves making figures that didn't make the final cut of any of the films. That's why we got Mon Mothma in the ROTS line before Commander Cody.

Mad Slanted Powers
03-15-2008, 01:49 PM
Mon Mothma was in ROTS, you just have to look closely.

General_Grievous
03-15-2008, 05:56 PM
Still, that's no excuse as to why we got Mon Mothma before Cody.

Mad Slanted Powers
03-15-2008, 06:08 PM
He only came out a year later, and there were already a ton of clones released in 2005. By the end of 2006, people were already sick of all the different clones.

Jedi_Kal-El
03-15-2008, 06:12 PM
Mon Mothma was in ROTS, you just have to look closely.

How many lines did she have in the film compared to Cody, MSP?
What did Meena Tills do to warrant a figure before the 222nd Battallion Clone?
What did Ask Aak do to deserve a figure before the Kashyyyk Trooper?

Just small examples of little seen or really non relevent characters being made before ones that are. Now I know Hasbro needs to spread things out to keep interest in the line, but c'mon. There are still Mon Mothmas from 05 hanging on pegs at certain stores. Can you say the same for Cody?

Mad Slanted Powers
03-15-2008, 07:10 PM
I'm just saying it is consistent with what Hasbro usually does. There were a lot of figures from TPM and AOTC that were made in the first year that got made over other more deserving figures. We got Gasgano over Sebulba and Ben Quadinaros. Sebulba did come packed with his pod, but we had to wait year or two to get him carded. We're still waiting for BQ.

Hasbro often makes figures based on early info, so Mon Mothma may have been cut after they had decided to make a figure. Before then, she did have lines in a scene that about the formation of what would become the Rebel Alliance.

In 2005 we had these clones in the basic line:

#6 Quick Draw Clone
#6 Quick Draw Clone Red Version
#33 Clone Commander Red
#33 Clone Commander Green
#34 Clone Pilot
#34 Clone Pilot Black
#38 AT-TE Gunner
#41 SA Clone
#49 Commander Bacara
#54 AT-RT Driver
#57 Commander Bly
#59 Commander Gree
#65 Tactical Ops

So the question should be why they choose all of those clones instead of Cody. They got to him as quick or quicker than it took to get Shmi, someone who had far more lines in TPM. We're still waiting on a proper carded ANH Owen and all the prequel Larses.

Jedi_Kal-El
03-15-2008, 07:20 PM
I remember the Mon Mothma cut-scenes MSP, and you're not wrong for the most part. I think what people were most sick of were the clones that were'nt even in the films, because for the life of me, I can't seem to find any of the new Kashyyk Troopers aside from the one that I bought(only one i've seen in stores so far), yet all those just offscreen clones like 442, Fifth Fleet, and Combat Engineers can still be had at some places. There were alot of characters from the films that deserved to be made before others, and YES ANH Owen, prequel Larses and BQ should be made available to us over someone like Po Nudo, or Bane Malar, but that's how Hasbro like to work.

Jargo
03-15-2008, 11:00 PM
Ben Quadinaros may be one of the two pod racers hasbro announced in the Q&A's. can't remember if it was for late this year or next year but they said they're planned.

you can argue about who should be released before who til you're blue in the face and it still won't alter hasbro's schedule. End of the day it's up to them and LFL who gets made and who doesn't. Hasbro has many many sites shouting at them to make this or that. I feel the same about Ice cream maker guy as some feel about Bane Malar but my opinion is merely a whisper in the cocophony of cyberspace. I just choose not to buy ICMG and buy Bane Malar because even if he isn't in the movie someone designed a costume for a Jabba's palace character and that's good enough for me. in the same way people bought the concept figures of han chewie threepio obi-wan and yoda. they never looked like that in the movies but they were designs for it. treat bane as a concept figure if you need to. he's being produced and will be on pegs. and then probably never seen again.
Hasbro know people want Doallyn. they've said he's on the radar. along with every other fan favourite.

hasbro puts out figures as they see an opportunity to. like the build a figure assortment. we wouldn't get E-3PO, U-3PO, revamped K-3PO or revamped R-3PO otherwise. it's all a case of taking the rough with the smooth. you can't expect to have every single figure you personally want on a schedule you want. there's too many random factors involved. the needs of the mass market. individual retailers strategies and desires. retail trends. cost of production. timescale. deadlines. directives from gods of the hasbro company that hold back the star wars team. freaky nature holding up deliveries or closing down factories....

at the end of the day we're lucky that these toys are still being made after all this time. That we all get some of our favourites produced. but with six movies, two cartoon series, thousands of comics and books and video games people want figures from what the hell are hasbro supposed to do? They're cauht between a rock and a hard place and they do the best they can to please the broadest sweep of people.

and if this post makes me sound hypocritical or like a toady, then so be it. I guess i'm just finally able to have a better perspective on all this than i did when started the yarna thread and called hasbro out. I'm sick of anger and bitterness and stress levels because of a few plastic figurines.

Banthaholic
03-15-2008, 11:24 PM
hasbro puts out figures as they see an opportunity to. like the build a figure assortment. we wouldn't get E-3PO, U-3PO, revamped K-3PO or revamped R-3PO otherwise. it's all a case of taking the rough with the smooth. you can't expect to have every single figure you personally want on a schedule you want. there's too many random factors involved. the needs of the mass market. individual retailers strategies and desires. retail trends. cost of production. timescale. deadlines. directives from gods of the hasbro company that hold back the star wars team. freaky nature holding up deliveries or closing down factories....

at the end of the day we're lucky that these toys are still being made after all this time. That we all get some of our favourites produced. but with six movies, two cartoon series, thousands of comics and books and video games people want figures from what the hell are hasbro supposed to do? They're cauht between a rock and a hard place and they do the best they can to please the broadest sweep of people.

and if this post makes me sound hypocritical or like a toady, then so be it. I guess i'm just finally able to have a better perspective on all this than i did when started the yarna thread and called hasbro out. I'm sick of anger and bitterness and stress levels because of a few plastic figurines.

I couldn't agree with you more on some of your points. Some fans almost feel a sense of entitlement that because they're been collecting for x amount of years they deserve figure y. And if figure y comes out it better not be in a multipack because then they get 'forced' into buying figures they already have. I'd rather have something come in a multipack than not at all. There is always trading, ebay, or sucking up the cost than donating what you don't neet to a charity for kids that do.

We are spoiled as SW fans. Name any other toy line that could afford to put out a character as ICMG, Imperial Dignitaries, Hermie, a 2-1B etc and actually have them sell. We get toys of people I have a hard time even finding in the movies. I feel fortunate to get the depth we do get.

The way I look at it is Hasbro has the line until 2018. That's a ALOT of time left. I know some of the top 25 lists I had a hard time past 15 of figures I really WANT, versous figures that would be cool. If Hasbro cracks out two items off each movie list a year by 2018 we'll have most of our lists and more.. If they give it too us all at once what the heck are they going to market in 2012?

I like as obscure of characters as they can get, such as Bane Molar. As I stated earlier in this thread Doalyn isn't far behind (maybe a few years tops). I have no problem waiting and getting a figure I never would have expected to get otherwise (ie sandstorm figures)

Mad Slanted Powers
03-16-2008, 12:12 AM
Those last two posts sort of sum up my feelings as well. How many other movies have been able to make more than a few figures, let alone be able to continue to make new figures of obscure characters 30 years later? If we were to see another movie make an action figure as obscure as some of the ones we get, we'd probably laugh and wonder, "who would buy that?" But, Star Wars is not like most other movies, and we are big fans of it.

bigbarada
03-16-2008, 12:46 AM
Agreed, Hasbro has been unfairly villified by spoiled fanboys, when the truth is that they have been doing an amazing job of keeping the line alive over the last few years.

JediTricks
03-18-2008, 03:27 AM
There is nothing in Hasbro's answer that says Bane isn't the one thrown down the stairs, it only says what they can confirm at that time, not what they may or may not suspect. I still believe when we get this figure's packaging, it'll have the character being the one going down the stairs.