PDA

View Full Version : That banner ad of SirSteves makes Mariss Brood look like Marilyn Manson with a mic

Tycho
02-27-2008, 10:50 PM
Every time I see that banner ad with some of TFU figures up close, I trip on how the close-up pic of Mariss Brood makes her look like Marilyn Manson.

If she had one pupil dialated...

The first Manson SW action figure. :rolleyes:

mtriv73
02-28-2008, 02:45 PM
Since I had to hit refresh 10 times to see what you were talking about, here's a pic for everyone else. I guess there's some resemblance. At any rate, I bet they'd make an interesting couple.

Jedi_Kal-El
02-28-2008, 02:48 PM
I see an interesting custom in the works here.

Deoxyribonucleic
02-28-2008, 06:32 PM
Boy howdy, that guy is ugly! But I do like him. I've listened to and read many an interview with him on various subjects and he is actually very, very smart IMO!

As for the figure, who is that?

Kidhuman
02-28-2008, 06:53 PM
Boy howdy, that guy is ugly! But I do like him. I've listened to and read many an interview with him on various subjects and he is actually very, very smart IMO!

As for the figure, who is that?

Howdy doesnt post here anymore

She is a figure from The Force Unleashed Game.

Deoxyribonucleic
02-28-2008, 06:58 PM
She is a figure from The Force Unleashed Game.

You mean the one that was supposed to be out last year, November ;)

Kidhuman
02-28-2008, 07:15 PM
You mean the one that was supposed to be out last year, November ;)

Yes and for the game that is pushed back to August

Deoxyribonucleic
02-28-2008, 07:34 PM
Yes and for the game that is pushed back to August

Maybe it will Millhouse, Maaaaybe it will!?

El Chuxter
02-29-2008, 09:25 AM
Marilyn Manson is a tool.

No, Captain America is a tool. Marilyn Manson must be something far lamer.

He does seem smart in interviews, but, if you really listen to him, he's essentially rehashing stuff that Alice Cooper, Rob Zombie, and Ozzy Osbourne (three guys who are far better at shocking and rocking at the same time) have said before and acting like he's breaking new ground.

I don't think his music is horrible, but I don't go out of my way to hear it, either. His covers of "Sweet Dreams (Are Made of This)" and "I Put a Spell on You" are awesome. His cover of "Highway to Hell" sucks Monkey-Faced Leias. The track he did with the Sneaker Pimps on the Spawn soundtrack ("Long Hard Road Out of Hell") and "The Dope Show" are quite good, too, but the only really good full album of original tracks he did was Mechanical Animals, where he briefly dropped the shock act and reinvented himself as a modern-day Bowie.

Maris Brood, on the other hand, has a lame name that is obviously a misguided attempt to echo another female EU character with a "moody" name. Here's a hint: her first name is Hebrew for bitterness (and sounds remarkably like Maris!), and her last can mean a jilted woman or (more commonly) a sense of bitter disillusionment.

The use I would have for a Maris Brood figure would be to display as Niles Crane's wife (whose name I think is spelled Meris, but no biggie), if they made Frasier figures in this scale.

mtriv73
02-29-2008, 12:20 PM
Marilyn Manson is a tool.

Maris Brood, on the other hand, has a lame name that is obviously a misguided attempt to echo another female EU character with a "moody" name. Here's a hint: her first name is Hebrew for bitterness (and sounds remarkably like Maris!), and her last can mean a jilted woman or (more commonly) a sense of bitter disillusionment.

It's interesting you say that beause I just read of wookipedia that Maris Brood is Mara Jade's mother. In her species language, Mara means daughter of Mariss. It goes on to say that through some strange transdimensional warp action, Mariss's mom is non other than Mariah Carey who we all know is the demonic spawn of Darth Plageus and Satan. Since Marilyn Manson is also directly related to Satan, it is possible that they're both the same person and we should expect Hasbro to produce several repacks/repaints in the legends line to reflect this.

Tycho
02-29-2008, 02:34 PM
Seriously, for a minute: is Mara Jade's parentage ever established in the EU?

She is supposedly 1-2 years younger than Luke. So she'd have to have been born after Order 66.