PDA

View Full Version : Playsets??

pkalan70
02-28-2008, 03:35 PM
If you are never going to release playsets for 3 3/4 inch figures, then why not tell Lucasfilm. That way, another company could make them. Simple. You don't have to keep hearing it from collectors, and fans would be happy. How sad is it that we have to keep the cardboard from the bespin battle pack because we know that you won't make a playset?? Three glasses, and no table? Were you allowed to eat on the floor as children?? Ridiculous. Seriously, would a plastic table really put Hasbro in the red?? But, you did give us a new Leia. Anyone want to pay $25 for a Leia, anyone, anyone, didn't think so. Enjoy the returned packaging, with an old Leia substituted for the new Leia. Stores don't notice collectors, really they don't.

bigbarada
02-28-2008, 03:57 PM
That wasn't even a new Leia, it was a repack of the OTC Bespin Leia from 2004.
http://www.rebelscum.com/OTC18leiabespingown.asp

Sinscia Fat'o
02-28-2008, 07:08 PM
LOL, i thought i was the only one who kept the card board inserts from the battle packs! I'm not alone!! Or a pack rat after all!!
And i agree about the table, that battle pack would have rocked with the table, and i would have purchased said Bespin Battle pack, and been pleased about it! But a few glasses and VOTC Chewie...500 Fett...lack luster Han...Another Vader and that salt shaker Leia...just made me go wow...New GI Joes!

But playsets as much as i hate to think...Won't happen anytime soon, at least at retail...and not anytime soon. Maybe that deal with Side Show will actually come to pass and we'll at least get something...even though i'll need to get a loan to get anything from Sideshow!

Kidhuman
02-28-2008, 07:25 PM
I think they would have sold alot more Bespin BP's if they included the table.

Hasbro did say that the UBP's will contain playset apsects in the Q&A. They included a vehicle and Turret in the Hoth one, and speeders, logs and ST-ST in the Endor. They are looking to make more of these and liked the idea of the Dagobah one that was submitted to them. Hopefully we can atleast get stuff like that, granted I would loe a real playset, but I will take what we get.