PDA

View Full Version : Why 2 Geonosians?

neimoidian85
02-13-2002, 04:27 PM
There is a massive amount of characters in AOTC, a lot of interesting ones, too. So why, do you think, Hasbro would decide to make 2 different Geonosian variations for the first wave?!

Don't get me wrong, they're both good looking but why make them both now?

JEDIpartner
02-13-2002, 04:37 PM
I suppose "just get them out of the way" would be a good way of looking at them. I don't think they are all THAT interesting, so that's MY thought on the subject. Kinda like... they SHOULD have made a couple variations of the Stormtroopers in one wave. This, I suppose, falls into line with the multiple battle droids we got for E1. Multiple sorts of Geonosians and multiple sorts of Clone Troopers.

LTBasker
02-13-2002, 04:39 PM
Well, why 4 Jangos? :p

Darth Ovori
02-13-2002, 04:42 PM
Hmmm, got feeling that will end up also with 4 different clone troopers...

neimoidian85
02-13-2002, 04:43 PM
Quick Q: Which Geonosian do you like more?

The Warrior -vs- The Massiff Walker

Beast
02-13-2002, 04:45 PM
Originally posted by neimoidian85
There is a massive amount of characters in AOTC, a lot of interesting ones, too. So why, do you think, Hasbro would decide to make 2 different Geonosian variations for the first wave?!
Don't get me wrong, they're both good looking but why make them both now?

Because there are two different types of Geonosin's, the winged ones and the ones without wings. If you look at the toy fair pictures you can see it clearly that the one that comes with the Masiff doesn't have wings. We arn't sure when they will be released, but they are not in the first wave. I expect to see 1 or both of them on May 16th to coincide with the movie though. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

neimoidian85
02-13-2002, 04:55 PM
How many figures will be released on April 23rd? I thought it was going to be 26.....

Beast
02-13-2002, 04:57 PM
How many figures will be released on April 23rd? I thought it was going to be 26.....

There will be 14 basic figures released on April 23rd. StarWars.com is reporting that there will be a total of 26 basic figures on the shelves on May 16th. I assume the more spoilerish figures are being held back for this second wave of 12 figures. The 12 will probably be split 6 in each collection. :D

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Lord Tenebrous
02-13-2002, 05:03 PM
I don't like either alien, really. They're too much like generic aliens that you see in TV serials. And the massiff is too...friendly-looking. They're supposed to be vicious, and it's a frickin' puppy-gator.

neimoidian85
02-13-2002, 07:04 PM
Only 14....where did it ever say that?

Beast
02-13-2002, 07:13 PM
Only 14....where did it ever say that?

Umm, the official website. And the fact we have alreday seen pictures of the first Collection 1 case and the first Collection 2 case. 8 basic figures in Collection 1, 6 basic figures in Collection 2.

3 3/4" Basic Figures
For 25 years, the 3 3/4" scale action figure has been an integral part of the Star Wars experience for kids and collectors alike. In 2002, Hasbro is releasing 52 basic figures split evenly over two categories known as "Collection 1" and "Collection 2". 26 of these figures will be available by the release of Episode II in theaters, refreshed with waves of new figures - including a few classic Star Wars characters - throughout the year.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Jargo
02-13-2002, 08:05 PM
Ooooh, 52 opportunities to screw us over! 52 opportunities to mess up on articulation and pose, 52 opportunities to resculpt initial releases and core characters, 52 opprtunities to jam in as many gimmicks and stupid ideas as is humanly possible, 52 opportunities to get the paint deco wrong and get the plastic wrong and give us bendy accessories that are jammed so hard into the bubble they're warped before you've had a chance to open the packaging........

I'm not bitter I'm BITTER! Why so worried about two distinctly different versions of a geonosian, one's deluxe and on'es basic. Seems like every other damn character is getting called deluxe because they have a lame pack-in device or warped accessory so what's wrong with Hasbro adding one more Geonosian to the cheapened deluxe line? I'm sorry i thought all you shiny happy AOTC figure lovers were in raptures about all these new products. And yet I'm hearing complaints from you.....

Three words - pot, kettle, black. :mad: Nuff said.

Beast
02-13-2002, 08:22 PM
Originally posted by EMPEROR JARGO
Ooooh, 52 opportunities to screw us over! 52 opportunities to mess up on articulation and pose, 52 opportunities to resculpt initial releases and core characters, 52 opprtunities to jam in as many gimmicks and stupid ideas as is humanly possible, 52 opportunities to get the paint deco wrong and get the plastic wrong and give us bendy accessories that are jammed so hard into the bubble they're warped before you've had a chance to open the packaging........I'm not bitter I'm BITTER! Why so worried about two distinctly different versions of a geonosian, one's deluxe and on'es basic. Seems like every other damn character is getting called deluxe because they have a lame pack-in device or warped accessory so what's wrong with Hasbro adding one more Geonosian to the cheapened deluxe line? I'm sorry i thought all you shiny happy AOTC figure lovers were in raptures about all these new products. And yet I'm hearing complaints from you.....Three words - pot, kettle, black. :mad: Nuff said.

Small suggestion EJ, if you hate the stuff...stop collecting it. I remember back in 1995 all the vintage lovers were complaining and yelling about horrible figures, beefed up poses, and such. But that lasted what, 2-3 waves before the better stuff started making its way in. Every first wave in a new series has been disapointing, it always is for most movie toy lines...especially star wars. Look at the first wave of figures in 1995, the first deluxe figures, the first cinema scenes (especially the first E1 ones), the first wave of E1 figures. If you would have looked at what was offered at toy fair, you would have noticed that just the first wave of E2 figures in collection 1 seem to have magnets and other gimmicks. If ya don't like the snap on jedi force effects, thats why they are removable...

From the way it looks, neither Geonosis in going to go into the deluxe line. We saw the carded winged one at toy fair, and it wasn't deluxe. And that was the one that was on the lists for being deluxe. They will both be avaliable in the standard line. Why the complaint about extra stuff packed in with the figure, thats a great idea, better then any off Hasbro's other previous pack in ideas. It's a great thing for people that actually open their figures. You arn't bitter, you're jaded. Just stop collecting if it upsets you so much, geesh. :rolleyes:

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Jargo
02-13-2002, 09:23 PM
Edited away out of boredom with this debate

GNT
02-14-2002, 01:02 AM
Why make one,when you could make a few and dig into the profits :)