PDA

View Full Version : The "Report Post" button

Deoxyribonucleic
02-28-2008, 08:04 PM
Do people actually use that?? I wonder if any of my posts have been "reported"? How does it work? I can't imagine ever using it seriously. Do people push it on accident and then feel guilty? Who monitors the posts that get "reported"? Does it happen often? Whoever monitors it (I'm assuming poor JT cuz he doesn't have enough to do ;)), do you have to answer every single person that reports a post?

2-1B
02-28-2008, 08:12 PM
I clicked Report Post on the first post in this thread...I reported the poster for being too sexy. :thumbsup:

plasticfetish
02-28-2008, 08:14 PM
Oh yeah... it gets used. Sometimes it gets used for good reasons, and sometimes it gets used for silly reasons... but yes, it gets used.

When you "report" a post, the Mod for that area gets an e-mail, and then JT gets an e-mail for just about all the sections. (I also get an e-mail for all of the sections, because at some point I became the "what if JT wants to go do something other than answer 'report post' e-mails" guy. Which I'm happy to do, because JT needs to do things like eat and sleep from time to time, or he'll go f***ing nuts. And we don't want JT to go nuts.)

For the record DN, I don't remember ever having one of your posts "reported."

2-1B
02-28-2008, 08:16 PM
For the record DN, I don't remember ever having one of your posts "reported."

You sure about that, PF ?
Might wanna double check your email. :thumbsup:

plasticfetish
02-28-2008, 08:18 PM
Hahahahahahahahaha!!!

...awww. Best one I've ever seen.

Kidhuman
02-28-2008, 08:19 PM
If JT asks, I deleted this thread due to the reported post.

Deoxyribonucleic
02-28-2008, 08:33 PM
I clicked Report Post on the first post in this thread...I reported the poster for being too sexy. :thumbsup:

Ok, this just killed me, SERIOUSLY I haven't laughed that hard for awhile!

Oh yeah... it gets used. Sometimes it gets used for good reasons, and sometimes it gets used for silly reasons... but yes, it gets used.

When you "report" a post, the Mod for that area gets an e-mail, and then JT gets an e-mail for just about all the sections. (I also get an e-mail for all of the sections, because at some point I became the "what if JT wants to go do something other than answer 'report post' e-mails" guy. Which I'm happy to do, because JT needs to do things like eat and sleep from time to time, or he'll go f***ing nuts. And we don't want JT to go nuts.)

Thank you for the explanation PF, seriously. For some reason, for as long as I've been here, today was the first day I actually dragged my mouse over it to see what it was and so the questions just came rolling!

For the record DN, I don't remember ever having one of your posts "reported." That could be good or it could be bad ;)

If JT asks, I deleted this thread due to the reported post.

Man I love you guys!! You make me laugh SO much, on a daily basis! Don't know what I'd do without you! :love:

2-1B
02-28-2008, 08:41 PM
Ok, this just killed me, SERIOUSLY I haven't laughed that hard for awhile!

I just wish we had a :cougar: smiley.

Phantom-like Menace
02-28-2008, 09:07 PM
I never remember it's there or I might have used it once or twice, but reporting sexiness wouldn't have been my aim. Reports of sexiness should always be public so everyone knows.

JediTricks
02-29-2008, 01:07 AM
This is the first post that Deoxy has been reported for, the system keeps a record of these, way to go Caes, now she's labeled a troublemaker. You know who to blame Deoxy... ("is it 'Jesus'?" "No, not 'Jesus'.")

BTW, I get every reported post email, as does Steve.

plasticfetish
02-29-2008, 01:17 AM
now she's labeled a troublemaker.She was so pure until now. What a shame.

JediTricks
02-29-2008, 01:20 AM
She was so pure until now. What a shame.
Like the virgin snow... of the LBC.

El Chuxter
02-29-2008, 01:35 AM
Which raises the issue: Why is the expression in some areas "Pure as the driven snow"?

Wouldn't driven snow be all icky?

plasticfetish
02-29-2008, 01:49 AM
Okay Steven Wright... give El Chuxter his computer back.

El Chuxter
02-29-2008, 02:04 AM
Funny, I like Steven Wright, but I've never heard him tell that joke. Does sound like something he'd say, though.

JediTricks
02-29-2008, 02:40 AM
"Driven" also means "piled up", which I don't actually get here either. How is piled up snow necessarily pure?

Jedi_Kal-El
02-29-2008, 03:34 AM
"Driven" also means "piled up", which I don't actually get here either. How is piled up snow necessarily pure?

There's nothing PURE about the snow that's plied up here. Be glad that you live where you live, and never ask me why I moved to a place that gets alot of snow. lol

Tycho
02-29-2008, 03:45 AM
:mad: I could report JediTricks and El Chuxter every time they say something bad about Michael Bay! :mad:

Jedi_Kal-El
02-29-2008, 03:47 AM
Something bad about Michael Bay. You're not gonna report me now are you Tycho?

Slicker
02-29-2008, 04:47 AM
So can we ask how many of our posts have been reported? If so then I DEFINITELY wanna know.

Kidhuman
02-29-2008, 07:23 AM
She was so pure until now. What a shame.

Caesar corrupts another one. Thats why he is Legend.

:mad: I could report JediTricks and El Chuxter every time they say something bad about Michael Bay! :mad:

Just make sure its not in my sections. I wont delete them since Michael Bay ruined childhood for me with that lame *** movie he called TF when it was clearly GoBots.

So can we ask how many of our posts have been reported? If so then I DEFINITELY wanna know.

I dont think you ever had any Reported on this Site

2-1B
02-29-2008, 07:26 AM
Like the virgin snow... of the LBC.

Lowly Bantha Cleaner ? :confused:

Tycho
02-29-2008, 08:12 AM
Just make sure its not in my sections. I wont delete them since Michael Bay ruined childhood for me with that lame *** movie he called TF when it was clearly GoBots.

Let me explain this to you like I tried to explain it to JediTricks:

If I am a "hyper-fan" of anything, it's likely Star Wars, Star Trek, Terminator, and Transformers.

Most of what I like started as a live-action film franchise, except Transformers. I got into the cartoon before I even actually HAD any Transformers, and started collecting them late - after the 1986 movie had come out, as a matter of fact (yet I managed to nearly complete everything I wanted to get from the '84 and '85 releases, even starting as late as I did - that included Starscream amongst all the Seekers, too!)

I yearned to see what the whole thing would look like in a hard-core, live-action film. But it was never to be. (What I mean by "hard-core," was that humans actually got killed and they didn't all sit around and laugh at the end of the movie and say "And knowing is half the battle" or something stupid like that.)

So when Blackout and Scorponok kill everyone at the Soccent Air Base in Qatar and hunt down the survivors, I thought that started out right! They did it cleaner than Saving Private Ryan, but it was alright at PG-13.

And as the robots were shown as being "in disguise," and the first story focused on humans discovering they were amongst us, I also thought it was about right. There were 13 Transformers in the movie. We didn't need them storming through the cities like Godzilla (immediately anyway - Megatron didn't give a ***t when it came to be his turn).

So a lot of the movie was done how I would have written it. The AllSpark was a terrible McGuffin though. I would have made a contemporary political point with the movie and have the Transformers fighting over our oil and natural resources to put a significant message behind the film concerning our environment and dependancy on fossil fuels. I think entertainment is worth more if it can also have a deeper point and I say "**K" simpletons who only want mindless entertainment. I'm so far above them because of my genius that they should yeild to my superior judgement. Now the AllSpark was bad because they didn't even use it to run with a comparative religious point but just put in this "god-device" - along with other holes in their own plot - like why if the AllSpark heals Frenzy, it didn't immediately fix BumbleBee's voice?

I forgive Michael Bay some of these things because without him, Don Murphy, perhaps Speilberg's efforts, and so forth, we never would have had a live action film which I still watch on DVD with some frequency.

I would have preferred some things being closer to G1, including some designs, but the Camaro was great and the longnose truck finally works for me (so we don't have a trailer appearing out of nowhere every time Prime transforms). I like it being more realistic when it can be, rather than just regergitating the cartoon in every single manner.

So from the standpoint that we got this movie at all, Michael Bay is a hero. I don't think he raped my childhood. I think that's just a fanboy complaint-call bandwagon that I don't subscribe to. Therefore, I must defend Michael Bay.

Phantom-like Menace
02-29-2008, 05:21 PM
I still say with a franchise like Transformers where every two years they're reimagined as Beast Wars or Armada, or whatever, the franchise has been so used and abused as various incarnations of crap, that I can hardly fault a movie for being yet another incarnation that isn't pure G1. Was it a great movie? No. Was it any worse than some of the crap that we haven't complained about until blood vessels burst from the pressure? No.

Rocketboy
02-29-2008, 05:28 PM
Shoot, I'm 99.99% positive I've had posts reported, just not sure how many.

JediTricks
02-29-2008, 05:28 PM
Since the system started recording reported posts in August of '06, there have been 116 reported posts overall. It's easier to see who has reported the posts than who has been reported though.

Lord Malakite
02-29-2008, 08:17 PM
Well, for you its every post. Usually on the grounds that it attracts your mom like poo attracts flies. :D

JediTricks
03-02-2008, 01:19 AM
I just checked, Slicker has not had any of his posts reported.

The number of Slicker's mom's posts reported though is staggering, that woman needs to get her flabby parts off the keyboard. :p