PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone remember this film?

Qui-Long Gone
02-28-2008, 08:08 PM
Here's what I remember, a late 1980s (?) made for TV movie about two aliens.....one is a really hot woman and I think I remember she hooks up with a cop (sort of like the 5th Element)....the other is an alien that is basically never seen until the last episode (I think I remember it being a two part show). I think I remember that the alien could take on human form sort of like the aliens in the War of the Worlds TV series..... I remember a scene of the woman hiding under a lab table after the creature had done some havoc and I think I remember the cop and woman beating the alien by drowning it's ship in the ocean or something like that....

That's the most detail I can remember.....does this ring any bells?

Good luck helping me remember the name of this movie....

Deoxyribonucleic
02-28-2008, 09:34 PM
Just a guess for now...You talkin' 'bout "V" for Vistors??

Qui-Long Gone
02-28-2008, 09:41 PM
No, this was only aired once in two parts and never became a 'series' like V....long live that masterpiece of television!

I can't remember if the woman as also an alien disguised as a woman (aka Critters) or just a human woman from outerspace.....I know the other alien was a bad mother and she was terrified of it.....

decadentdave
02-28-2008, 10:06 PM
Sounds kind of like The Hidden.

Qui-Long Gone
02-28-2008, 10:24 PM
Sounds similar, but this was a made for TV movie.....the plot of the Hidden sounds very similar to what I'm remembering about the movie, except I remember it being a guy/girl team not a guy/guy team....though the M.O. of the alien sounds familiar.....

decadentdave
02-28-2008, 10:31 PM
The Hidden came out in 1987 with Claudia Christian as a hot alien who was being tracked by a bounty hunter played by Kyle MacLachlan who teams up with a detective played by Michael Nouri.

Droid
02-29-2008, 09:52 AM
I remember a movie I saw as a kid where a bunch of people were in these caverns running from aliens or monsters. And almost everyone died, but one or two survivors got back up to the surface only to discover that the aliens were there too. And there was a monster in a bowling alley and the last scene was the woman running down the street hysterical. But I have never been able to figure out what that was.

El Chuxter
02-29-2008, 10:01 AM
One I sorta remember was (I think) called Kull the Conqueror (but not the more recent Sorbo movie). It was godawfully bad. The two bits that stand out the most were a cyclops character being crushed by some sort of door thing, sacrificing himself so everyone else could escape; and this panoramic shot of people crossing a bridge in a cave, where one guy gets shot and takes something like fifteen seconds to die and fall off.

General_Grievous
02-29-2008, 12:07 PM
There was one movie that I saw as a kid (on HBO I think) that I never found out what the title was. It was a weird movie and I seem to recall there was a talking cow-man and a sock puppet (a sock puppet head on a body) that got shot. It was a weird movie. I never found out what it was.

Bel-Cam Jos
03-01-2008, 09:13 AM
One I sorta remember was (I think) called Kull the Conqueror (but not the more recent Sorbo movie). It was godawfully bad. The two bits that stand out the most were a cyclops character being crushed by some sort of door thing, sacrificing himself so everyone else could escape; and this panoramic shot of people crossing a bridge in a cave, where one guy gets shot and takes something like fifteen seconds to die and fall off.That was Krull, and it was awesome! Right around the same time as ROTJ; I still have some newspaper ads for the movie mixed in with my SW stuff. Five-sided throwing weapon, climax of movie inside a mountain. Cool.

What about Alienation for that can't-figure-out-that-TV-show? But Droid, I have no idea about your forgotten one, sorry.

Qui-Long Gone
03-02-2008, 08:43 PM
I'll never figure out this film unless I can conjour more details.....

I remember the alien sort of looking a "little" like the Alien (aka the one we know and love).....

I remember distinctly that the final fight was in the ocean and they drowned the bugger in a space ship.....