PDA

View Full Version : AOTC basic figs: a lot of ground to cover?

neimoidian85
02-13-2002, 03:54 PM
Does it seem to anyone else that there are a lot more characters in AOTC than in TPM......there should be a lot of DIFFERENT character figs, instead of resculpts........

Which brings me to a question....WHAT ABOUT CHARACTERS WITHOUT WEAPONS? NO STUPID PROJECTILE THINGIES, DOES THIS MEAN HASBRO JUST FLAT OUT MAKE ANYONE WITHOUT A GUN OR ELECTRO POLE OF SOME SORT?

FOLLOWING FIGS DEFINITLEY NEED MADE:

Ki-Adi-Mundi
Corde or Dorme (one or the other!)
Dexter Jettster
Bail Organa
Taun We or Lama Su !!!!!! ONLY ONE, NOT BOTH!
Barriss Offee (maybe)
Beru Whitesun (maybe)
Owen Lars (maybe)
Cliegg Lars (NEEDED)
Elan Sleazebaggano (perhaps, without any stupid projectiles
Jocasta Nu
Nute Gunray (maybe, if his role is large enough)
Jedi Children (definitely see a 2-pack here)
Sly Moore (always interested me)
Watto (last resort)
Some kind of droid 2-packs: We definitely need a Pk-4, and a sadly misrepresented Gonk droid, plus a Rickshaw Droid, probably end up coming with a rickshaw seat thing.
Last resort droids: Pit Droids

Lord Tenebrous
02-13-2002, 04:19 PM
Ki-Adi-Mundi - Ep1 version will work fine for now.
Corde or Dorme - we need both, esp. Corde as Decoy.
Dexter Jettster - he's coming.
Bail Organa - need
Taun We or Lama Su - we need both
Barriss Offee - next year
Beru Whitesun - need
Owen Lars - need
Cliegg Lars - need
Elan Sleazebaggano - I don't want anybody from the night club or Dex's Diner.
Jocasta Nu - need
Nute Gunray - Ep1 version is fine, and pegwarming
Jedi Children - maybe Mari Amethyst
Sly Moore - could be nice...next year
Watto - Ep1 version is fine, and pegwarming

I also want:

Ask Aak
Pampy
Supi
Bultar Swan
Uv Gizen
Toonbuck Toora
Tikkes
Sun Rit
Poggle the Lesser
Passel Argente
Shu Mai
San Hill

Beast
02-13-2002, 04:19 PM
Originally posted by neimoidian85
FOLLOWING FIGS DEFINITLEY NEED MADE:
Taun We or Lama Su !!!!!! ONLY ONE, NOT BOTH!
Beru Whitesun (maybe)
Owen Lars (maybe)
Cliegg Lars (NEEDED)
Watto (last resort)
Some kind of droid 2-packs: We definitely need a Pk-4, and a sadly misrepresented Gonk droid, plus a Rickshaw Droid, probably end up coming with a rickshaw seat thing.
We need both Lama Su and Taun We. And I'm sure they will pop up this year since they have a pretty signifigant role in the film. But they have to make both due to the fact they both wear unique outfits. I forget which of these are which, but I'm attaching pics below. One of them is wearing a gown type of outfit, the other is in black with a metal chestplate.

I am sure we will get figures of Beru, Owen, and Cliegg someday in the future. It doesnt have to be this year though, there is a long time before Episode 3, pleanty of time for them to pop up. I am also sure we'll get a new Watto, since the charecter has changed since E1 and is wearing a hat. :D PK-4 is on the list for this year, but there is alot we havent seen yet, so who knows when he'll pop up. I also assume we will see the Rickshaw droid either this year or next.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Lama Su Image:

Beast
02-13-2002, 04:20 PM
Here is the other one, again I forget which one is which again. :D

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Taun We Image:

Lord Tenebrous
02-13-2002, 04:25 PM
First one is Lama Su, second is Taun We

Beast
02-13-2002, 04:30 PM
Originally posted by Lord Tenebrous
First one is Lama Su, second is Taun We
Thanks Lord Tenebrous. I used to have them straight when I first snagged the pics, but I misplaced my list and got the two of them confused. :D

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

neimoidian85
02-13-2002, 06:01 PM
I KNOW! A Kaminoan 2-pack....I mean c'mon now, they're both rail thin, plus what normal kid would go to the store and want 2 of the same things almost? Other than us collecting idiots.

PloKoon2385
02-13-2002, 07:12 PM
I think that we need Bariss Offee very soon. I just finished Approaching Storm and I would like to have a fig of her. I thought she was an interesting character.

Lord Tenebrous
02-13-2002, 07:32 PM
I'm not saying that I don't want Barriss Offee. If I had my way, I'd kick Kit Fisto out of the first wave, place Luminara in his place, and have Barriss later this year.

I think that Arena Jedi will become this saga's Cantina Aliens. We'll get a few every year. Next year, probably Offee, Alta Ranga, and Bultar Swan.

Hopefully. With Hasbro, you never really know what you're going to get.

Beast
02-13-2002, 07:35 PM
Originally posted by neimoidian85
I KNOW! A Kaminoan 2-pack....I mean c'mon now, they're both rail thin, plus what normal kid would go to the store and want 2 of the same things almost? Other than us collecting idiots.

Thats a pretty bad argument, the figures other then their same body shape look quite different. So, maybe they shouldn't make anything but 1 Anakin, since all the heads would be the same, no matter if he changes clothes or not. Or how about Amidala, heck with the gowns...her head looks the same in most of them, just give us 1. :crazed: Besides, the Kamino charecters will probably be in collection II anyway, since they are more for fans and not kids. So, I don't think saying collector's are idiots for wanting two vastly different figures, is not a very nice thing to say. :(

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Battle Droid
02-13-2002, 07:42 PM
Lott Dodd
Clone Children (with computer terminals)

Lord Tenebrous
02-13-2002, 07:50 PM
Lott Dod hopefully will be out very soon, I don't know what the hold-up is.

And as far as the clone students, it would only be a Boba Fett with another head. So I don't know if I want Hasbro to waste a slot on them. Boba will probably just become a pegwarmer anyways, thus becoming a gold mine to customize a clone classroom.

Turbowars
02-13-2002, 08:29 PM
Theres been so many updates so many photos and new info I don't know where to begin. Too much information, CRASHING CRASHING MELT DOWN :)