PDA

View Full Version : QUESTIONS FOR HASBRO - round 46

JediTricks
02-29-2008, 05:16 PM
Please post your VOTE for up to 6 {six} of the questions provided in this thread, letting us know which ones you most want to see asked on March 14th. Keep in mind that your votes in round 45 do not count in this round, so if your question is still on the list you may want to vote for it again.

Also, feel free to post new questions. For reference, here are Hasbro's answers to previous SSG questions (http://www.sirstevesguide.com/index.php?categoryid=13&p2_articleid=716); to ActionFigs.com's questions (http://www.actionfigs.com/index.php?categoryid=12&p2_articleid=1384); and from other sites (http://www.sirstevesguide.com/index.php?categoryid=13&p2_articleid=1298). The questions we asked last round can be found here (http://forums.sirstevesguide.com/showthread.php?p=604470#post604470).

Current questions (vote for up to 6):

- Canadian collectors miss out on a many of the US-only store exclusives. Any chance Canadians could have every exclusive figure/vehicle/combination made available on shop.starwars.com after their shelf runs in the US stores?
- Are there folks today at Hasbro who were working on the Star Wars line back when it was reborn in 1995? Was there any clue behind-the-scenes back then that the Star Wars toy line would garner such a huge adult collector following? Were adult collectors considered at all on any level back then when forging the line's beginnings? What do you folks think of the extensive adult collector enthusiasm for the line today, 13 years later?
- Twice during the prequels, a vehicle toy's MSRP was dropped significantly without any changes to its mold - the first being the Episode I Naboo Royal Starship which went from $100 to $50, and the second being the Republic Gunship which in the Saga line was $40 but subsequent releases were $30. What were the causes of these price drops? Why hasn't this happened with other vehicles in similar high pricepoints?
- The new Clone Trooper and Rebel Trooper role-play blasters are pretty cool and seem to be selling fairly well out of the gate. With that in mind, will Hasbro be offering more role-play weapons such as all-new sculpts of Han's blaster, the Stormtrooper blaster (with more accurate size and folded stock under the barrel), Biker Scout pistol, and perhaps even larger ones like the Hoth Rebel rifle and Clone Trooper long rifle? (Please discuss the specific possibilities of each of the examples in this question.)
- What are the requirements that a retailer must go meet to get a Star Wars exclusive, do they have to be a certain size company, make a certain number of Hasbro orders a month, etc.? Is there some sort of process that a retailer has to go through to get an exclusive, do they work with Hasbro on what item to produce or is it out of their hands?
- Many collectors have noted that Moff Jerjerrod was not a great seller and can still be found in stores, while it seemed as though Admiral Ozzel, Captain Piett, and Grand Moff Tarkin seemed to have sold better. There are times where Hasbro really nails a likeness, but unfortunately Moff Jerjerrod did not look like the actor and had an angry facial expression not seen in Return of the Jedi. Would Hasbro ever consider resculpting this figure or does the perceived poor performance of the Jerjerrod figure make it unlikely he would ever be revisited. Do you agree that if this figure sold poorly it may have been in part because of a poor likeness?
- Would Hasbro consider releasing a complete set of clone troopers with only a basic, plain white deco? Many customizers would enjoy having a blank clone to decorate with their own designs, and regular fans could enjoy the uniform look - the white AT-RT Driver from the Ep 3 Commemorative Tin set looks great and is easy to customize. So how about a box set with all the various clone types without specialized deco or even weathering? It could even be offered in simpler packaging, white mailer boxes with simple baggies.
- In the Galactic Heroes line we have gotten an AT-AT Commander and Driver figures, and now several new vehicles and beasts. Might that increase chances of getting a Galactic Heroes AT-AT?
- Why are nearly all of the Galactic Heroes figures smiling, even bad guys like Tarkin and the AT-AT Commander?
- Since Hasbro is showing some interest in SW: Battlefront, releasing the multipacks and the Rebel Vanguard figure, will the rocket launcher from the Battlefront II Clone pack be included if a blue ARC Trooper is ever released on single card again? (It's the weapon he carries in the first Battlefront game.)
- Will you ever release any Neimoidians & Separatist Leaders in the Galactic Heroes line?
- A few times in Q&A's history, you've suggested collectors submit their local stores' pegwarming data to you so Hasbro store reps can get these problems fixed. Some of the stores did show signs of improvement in this department, however others still suffer old TSC pegwarmers (Moff Jerjerrod is pretty consistent) and show absolutely no signs of moving, and the reports on these were coming in from all over the country. What if anything was done to fix the problem, and what will be done in the future? If nothing else, having several Hasbro Star Wars pegs filled up with very old product is going to hamper sales of newer product hurting your business and hindering collectors' ability to get new figures.
- The current R5 droid mold (used on R5-D4, R5-J2, and R5-F7) is close to "perfect", but there are a few glaring issues that should be addressed before this mold becomes the all-purpose version. They include the antenna, which comes out and may be lost easily; the pop-up motivator, which worked on R5-D4 but had diminishing returns on later uses; and the chest plate being a separate piece, which has been a problem on every figure to use the VOTC R2-D2 body. The head could just be retooled and used on the more-accurate R4-G9 body. Will these issues be addressed, or will we continue to get more less-than-perfect R5 figures?
- With The Force Unleashed videogame being pushed back to late August, will early TFU product be re-released to coincide with the game's release?
- 2007 was likely the best year ever for army builders. Every trooper - with the exception of the McQuarrie Concept figures - was widely available in large numbers, even in the heavily competitive Los Angeles area. Several battle packs reflected the love of army builders. Even the troops from the 2006 Saga line were available far into the year due to the delay in the TAC. Is this the distribution model Hasbro will be using from now on, where troops will be plentiful and the previous year's assortment will available into the next year's line?
- Should Hasbro ever decide to revisit the Ishi Tib species with a new figure, would you be more inclined to do one from Jabba's palace first, the prequels, or would you want to update the figure from 1998 of the unnamed rebel?
- Has there been any thought about doing a few deliberate variations to some of the figures this year as running changes offered in later assortments, like you did with the ROTS line? For instance, the new '08 Anakin-as-Vader figure could be repainted with Sith eyes, or the '08 Obi-Wan could be redecoed with battle damage.
- The Order 66 packs from last year were great and the ones shown at Toy Fair look just as good. How long will it be before we start to see these clones sold on their own though? It would be great to army build them but not on a 1 to 1 ratio with their Jedi commanders.
- Does Nippet the Wokling come out of his basket? If so, might you be able to share a picture of this?
- With the upcoming Comic Pack figure of Cade Skywalker, you seem to have nailed his look, but he doesn't seem to be coming with his green lightsaber. Might that be rectified in time for the figure's release since it's unlikely we'll be seeing another Cade Skywalker figure for a while? Cade's even holding the hilt on the cover of Legacy #2, and after all, your figure of Quinlan Vos wasn't entirely accurate to the issue he came with, instead opting for his more popular look, so why not give Cade his saber?
- After six years, you've finally made a highly articulated Jango Fett figure that has a great sculpt and lots of articulation. Trouble is, his jumpsuit is a garish shade of lavender that never appears in the film or any EU source, the one in the film was a far more muted, bluish tone. Was this an error, and, if so, will it be corrected in future shipments?
- Would Hasbro ever consider doing a figure of a "classic style" Sy Snootles from before the Special Editions? That's the one including the feather hat, tusks, more realistic eyes, a microphone, and can still be seen in the current version on the sail barge.
- Will the Republic Gunship be re-released to coincide with the release of the Clone Wars cartoon? Several are featured in the preview, and some even have new deco.
- While it's our site policy to avoid rumors, our readers have been wound up a bit on this one so they demanded we ask.... It seems like there was a lot of hype and rumor about a new Millennium Falcon vehicle for the main line, including the leak of a Target DCPI number that came with the AT-TE - which Hasbro is indeed materializing. There was a lot of expectation that Hasbro would unveil both the AT-TE and this new Millennium Falcon at Toy Fair, and while the former appeared, the latter did not, so might you comment on these Falcon rumors at all? If nothing else, a simple confirmation or denial would ease a lot of collector tension.
- One of the Starfighter-class ($20) vehicles at your Toy Fair display was the V-19 Clone Fighter, it was also seen in the slideshow. However, both the physical one at the show and the one seen in Hasbro's photos had the side wings folded down to only nearly a horizontal position, while in the Clone Wars cartoon they fold down well past horizontal to around 45 degrees below horizontal. Will the wings on this one fold down past the position shown at Toy Fair?
- Although Hasbro's been releasing more and more Battle Droid designs lately, one that's been overlooked so far has been the Geonosis Battle Droid Commander, the one that has the OOM-9-style yellow markings on a maroon body. Moreover, the last Battle Droid Commander you released had a regular BD's backpack, which is inaccurate, the commander droids have no backpack, only a small antenna array as seen on your Ep 1 OOM-9 figure. Might this design be considered for the next time we see Battle Droid figures, perhaps even in a Geonosis Arena battle pack with the unreleased Geonosian Cannon accessory that was originally shown with the Arena playset?
- Since the second half '08 figures don't seem to come with stands, will the action figure stand packs from HasbroToyShop get new name labels so they can be used with late '07 and late '08 figures who don't have existing stands or labels? Also, will we see a specific "Clone Wars" stand added to the line-up?Vote now, and suggest new questions too. Thanks for participating!

Droid
02-29-2008, 05:43 PM
6, 16, and 19

Battle Droid
02-29-2008, 05:43 PM
11. - Will you ever release any Neimoidians & Separatist Leaders in the Galactic Heroes line?

sebillba
02-29-2008, 05:53 PM
11, 16, 19.

jediguy
02-29-2008, 06:57 PM
7, 13, 16, 20

Jedi_Kal-El
02-29-2008, 07:04 PM
Questions 16-21

Jabbapalacespy
02-29-2008, 08:50 PM
Questions 2, 5, 13, and 16

Cane_Adiss
03-01-2008, 10:47 AM
8, 11, and 16 for now. And some new questions:

The Yarael Poof from the Saga Collections was a great, highly detailed figure and in many areas he was difficult to find. The problem with the figure is his lack of poseability due to his "uni-leg" joint preventing any meaningful leg movement. Any chance we will see an upgrade of this popular Jedi with fully poseable legs?

And also:

Would Hasbro ever consider doing a figure of a "vintage style" Sy Snootles? By that I mean one based on her pre-special edition appearance including the feather hat, tusks, second mouth, microphone etc.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
03-01-2008, 02:30 PM
Two of my questions were asked last round; sweet!

6, 12, 13, 14, 17, and:

Will the Republic Gunship be re-released to coincide with the release of the Clone Wars cartoon? Several are featured in the preview, and some even have new deco. On a similar note, might it ever be retooled to become an LAAT/c drop ship?

Banthaholic
03-02-2008, 12:24 AM
Just 16 for me

ChrisLyne
03-02-2008, 05:02 AM
17, 20 and 21 for me.

And I'd like to add; You've been doing an excellent job this year of creating figures from all over the Star Wars saga; you have fan requested figures (like Yarna) in the movie line, the new CW TV series line, a wave based on the old CW series, video games covered with TFU and a wide variety of comic figures. The only thing missing seems to, again, be figures from the novels. NJO Luke and Darth Bane are a fantastic start, but can we expect to see more characters from the novels in the 2008 line? The Solo children are excellent examples of major EU characters who have still not been made despite beingin the Top 25 fan poll from a few years ago, and their position very near the top of this site's Top 50 most wanted EU characters shows the demand for them is as strong as ever.

jberlin
03-02-2008, 03:12 PM
and,
It seems like there was a considerable amount of rumor hype regarding a new Millennium Falcon (including the leakage of a DPCI number and MSRP), and several sites strongly implied that It would be unveiled at Toy Fair. Seeing as how this did not occur, are you able to comment on these rumors at this time? if nothing else a simple confirmation or denial would ease a lot of the tension.

Will the Comicon exclusive Holographic emperor set be in the 3 3/4 scale (small Vader and giant Palpatine head) and will it include any components from the 500th figure meditation chamber?

figrin bran
03-02-2008, 03:24 PM
Questions 12 and 15 are my votes

Sinscia Fat'o
03-02-2008, 03:32 PM
17, 20 and 21 for me.

And I'd like to add; You've been doing an excellent job this year of creating figures from all over the Star Wars saga; you have fan requested figures (like Yarna) in the movie line, the new CW TV series line, a wave based on the old CW series, video games covered with TFU and a wide variety of comic figures. The only thing missing seems to, again, be figures from the novels. NJO Luke and Darth Bane are a fantastic start, but can we expect to see more characters from the novels in the 2008 line? The Solo children are excellent examples of major EU characters who have still not been made despite beingin the Top 25 fan poll from a few years ago, and their position very near the top of this site's Top 50 most wanted EU characters shows the demand for them is as strong as ever.

And the above is seconded! I would really like to know why hasbro denies us of plastic idols of the solo kids!

Banthaholic
03-03-2008, 10:41 PM
Write In
Lately we’ve seen some good combinations of battle droids in the Legends line, as soon we shall see the blue pilot battle droid. Though we have yet to see a red battle droid commander from Geonosis. Can this be considered for the next time we see battle droids, or perhaps even in an Arena battle pack with the unreleased Geonosis gun seen at Toy Fair ’02?

El Chuxter
03-04-2008, 01:11 AM
I thought a red BD Commander was one of the recent variants from the Legends line?

Dark Marble
03-04-2008, 10:29 AM
I would like to ask this question.

We saw the V-19 at Toy Fair and now wonder if the ships wings and fin will have the ability to be postioned correctly as in the Clone Wars cartoon, also will the ship have more paint applications in the final product?

Mr. JabbaJohnL
03-04-2008, 05:58 PM
I thought a red BD Commander was one of the recent variants from the Legends line?
There was a set with a tan (TPM/ROTS) commander, but no maroon one. The only maroon set was two battle-damaged droids. I'd also like a better one with a more accurate backpack, so maybe that could be part of the question too?

JediTricks
03-05-2008, 12:06 AM
Questions 22-25 added.

The Yarael Poof from the Saga Collections was a great, highly detailed figure and in many areas he was difficult to find. The problem with the figure is his lack of poseability due to his "uni-leg" joint preventing any meaningful leg movement. Any chance we will see an upgrade of this popular Jedi with fully poseable legs?Really? I've never heard any complaints about this before, I know it's true but I've never heard anybody actually WANT to pose him that way before. I dunno about this one, it seems overly specific without any demand.

Would Hasbro ever consider doing a figure of a "vintage style" Sy Snootles? By that I mean one based on her pre-special edition appearance including the feather hat, tusks, second mouth, microphone etc.This one I'll add (again, the last answer ignored it), though I'm leaving out the "second mouth" since there's some debate on whether that's what it is or not, and the tusks kinda handle the issue. What would "etc." be though? I think she's still visible on the Sail Barge as well, so I'm adding that.

Will the Republic Gunship be re-released to coincide with the release of the Clone Wars cartoon? Several are featured in the preview, and some even have new deco. On a similar note, might it ever be retooled to become an LAAT/c drop ship?I'll add the first part on a trial basis, but the second part is utterly unrealistic, there's not 1 part that could be salvaged to fit those needs, even the canopy is different.

And I'd like to add; You've been doing an excellent job this year of creating figures from all over the Star Wars saga; you have fan requested figures (like Yarna) in the movie line, the new CW TV series line, a wave based on the old CW series, video games covered with TFU and a wide variety of comic figures. The only thing missing seems to, again, be figures from the novels. NJO Luke and Darth Bane are a fantastic start, but can we expect to see more characters from the novels in the 2008 line? The Solo children are excellent examples of major EU characters who have still not been made despite beingin the Top 25 fan poll from a few years ago, and their position very near the top of this site's Top 50 most wanted EU characters shows the demand for them is as strong as ever.Here's what we asked them on Sept 28th:
Q: What does Hasbro think about using the New Jedi Order (Yuuzhan Vong) series of novels as source material for more figures? Especially now with NJO Luke coming in an Evolutions set next year, might this open the door to getting other NJO characters like Yuuzhan Vong or Fan Choice poll top 25 characters like Jacen, Jaina, Anakin and Nom Anor? A: We like the idea a lot, and don't rule out that in the next couple years we could weave some of these figures into the line. We can't give you exact details, but we are optimistic. Fans should know that we realize how important these characters have been and we can't wait to see them materialize as well.

And on ActionFigs.com on Dec 7th, we asked this semi-themed one but the answer is a little more on topic:
Several recent multipacks featuring EU figures - such as the Rebel Commando, Battlefront, and Mandalorian sets - seem rather popular with collectors. Has there been any consideration given for using the multipack format for characters that have only appeared in novels? Perhaps the Myrkr strike team of Jedi from Star by Star, or maybe members of Rogue and Wraith Squadrons in box sets, something like that?
What you suggest is a good idea and we will explore it as the multi-packs have indeed proved popular. We're a little leery of the boxed set format for the novel figures, simply because it's a lot of development and a higher price point devoted to characters who don't have a lot of visual development to support them (Mandalorians, we felt, carried their own visual weight and demand to justify). Rogue Squadron has ample comic support, and is a great idea, but we have other plans to systematically get to them over the course of time. Wraith Squadron is very interesting - as we tackle Rogue Squadron, we can look to Wraith for additional ideas.
And on Jan 12th on AF:
Hasbro's answers about making EU figures based on the novels have suggested one of the reasons they're not as likely is because there are no singular visual representations of the characters. However, one of the licensed reference books currently out is "The Essential Guide To Characters" which use Lucasfilm-approved artwork of character likenesses from the novels that are not in the comics, such as many of the Yuuzhan Vong and the Solo Kids. Also, the Japanese cover art likenesses has been claimed as canon by Lucasfilm Licensing executive ficton & comic editor Sue Rostoni, these likenesses being used even on the StarWars.com EU main page as graphic elements. Will Hasbro consider using these sources for the inspiration for future Expanded Universe action figures?
We will look at all possibilities to bring popular EU characters out wherever they originate, including novels. The challenge is that novel characters can really only slot into the basic figure line right now and those slots are for the most part driven by the movies and Clone Wars. The comic packs will all have comics, which will house most of the EU this year and next, and is a comic-based format. So that's where we will continue to concentrate our efforts. For the EU characters that are relatively unfamiliar to the larger Star Wars audience, this is important as our strategy has been to tell some of that story (via their comic appearances) so the context is understood and appreciated. Kids like comics too, so that is a great medium for them, as well as for collectors. Novel characters unfortunately have little visual reference and their story is tough to convey in context so they are at somewhat of a disadvantage. All that said, there will likely be some novel-based characters in the comic line either based on the novels Dark Horse has done, or because they are cross-over character who are in other comic stories. Keep in mind that we are aware of the interest and are looking for opportunities to get novel figures in where it makes sense and where they would be positioned for success, rather than failure.

It seems like there was a considerable amount of rumor hype regarding a new Millennium Falcon (including the leakage of a DPCI number and MSRP), and several sites strongly implied that It would be unveiled at Toy Fair. Seeing as how this did not occur, are you able to comment on these rumors at this time? if nothing else a simple confirmation or denial would ease a lot of the tension. I hate asking about rumors, it's pretty much SSG policy to avoid them whenever possible, but there is a lot of question about this piece so I guess I'll throw it up there. I'm not sure what to say about that MSRP part though, the same rumor had a totally wrong MSRP for the AT-TE.

Will the Comicon exclusive Holographic emperor set be in the 3 3/4 scale (small Vader and giant Palpatine head) and will it include any components from the 500th figure meditation chamber?What other scale would it be? I don't understand why that's even in doubt, they're not GG or Sideshow. And what would they include from the 500th set, the seat? He's kneeling on the floor ahead of it which wasn't included there.

And the above is seconded! I would really like to know why hasbro denies us of plastic idols of the solo kids!I'm not adding it right now only because of the answers I cited above.

Write In
Lately we’ve seen some good combinations of battle droids in the Legends line, as soon we shall see the blue pilot battle droid. Though we have yet to see a red battle droid commander from Geonosis. Can this be considered for the next time we see battle droids, or perhaps even in an Arena battle pack with the unreleased Geonosis gun seen at Toy Fair ’02?Really? I like the Geonosian cannon part, but can you link me some source on the commander? It doesn't stand out in my mind like the Ep 1 version did, I can't picture a big demand for something like that.

There was a set with a tan (TPM/ROTS) commander, but no maroon one. The only maroon set was two battle-damaged droids. I'd also like a better one with a more accurate backpack, so maybe that could be part of the question too?What's wrong with the figure's backpack? If they're going to fix the backpack, I can think of a dozen bigger issues with the figure itself I'd rather complain about first so I'd need convincing.

I would like to ask this question.

We saw the V-19 at Toy Fair and now wonder if the ships wings and fin will have the ability to be postioned correctly as in the Clone Wars cartoon, also will the ship have more paint applications in the final product?How did this not get added last round??? I mean, we were all talking about it. Added.

And another hour and a half down the toilet for ol' JT. Thanks for playing folks! :D

Droid
03-05-2008, 12:42 PM
I'll vote for 22. I believe classic Sy can also be seen in the very first shots after the end of the EV-9D9 droid torture room sequence. I think she is in the background still dancing away on her puppet strings before they cut to Rappteroonie and Jabba says to sing it again.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
03-05-2008, 06:51 PM
What's wrong with the figure's backpack? If they're going to fix the backpack, I can think of a dozen bigger issues with the figure itself I'd rather complain about first so I'd need convincing.
The backpack is fine for the infantry droid, but the yellow-accented commander droids have a much smaller thing on their backs (look at the old OOM-9 figure). The Legends figure had the yellow accents and the giant infantry backpack, so what I'm saying is, I hope they do a better one in the future, whenever they can figure out how to make a good battle droid figure.

Banthaholic
03-05-2008, 09:57 PM
Questions 22-25 added.
Really? I like the Geonosian cannon part, but can you link me some source on the commander? It doesn't stand out in my mind like the Ep 1 version did, I can't picture a big demand for something like that.

I found a pic from this thread from our friends at JD, http://www.jedidefender.com/yabbse/index.php?topic=15433.msg304815#msg304815

JediTricks
03-06-2008, 04:08 PM
Question 26 added.

Alright, you guys wore me down on this with "evidence", :p if it had just been one or the other I probably wouldn't have gone for it though. I've added the question and counted Bantha's vote for it (John's already exhausted his allotment of votes this round).

Banthaholic, you have 4 votes remaining.

Battle Droid
03-07-2008, 08:13 AM
26. - Although Hasbro's been releasing more and more Battle Droid designs lately, one that's been overlooked so far has been the Geonosis Battle Droid Commander, the one that has the OOM-9-style yellow markings on a maroon body. Moreover, the last Battle Droid Commander you released had a regular BD's backpack, which is inaccurate, the commander droids have no backpack, only a small antenna array as seen on your Ep 1 OOM-9 figure. Might this design be considered for the next time we see Battle Droid figures, perhaps even in a Geonosis Arena battle pack with the unreleased Geonosian Cannon accessory that was originally shown with the Arena playset?

Mr. JabbaJohnL
03-09-2008, 08:03 PM
New question:

Will the figures in the Clone Wars line or Legacy Collection come with the pack-in stands?

(If someone here already knows the answer, then please share.)

JediTricks
03-09-2008, 09:34 PM
No stands or pack-ins for Clone Wars, there is an absence of them in both the display and the PR info, they always say what they'll have in the PR info. Legacy Collection will have BAF droid parts for their pack-in: http://www.sirstevesguide.com/index.php?categoryid=47&p2_articleid=1336

Cane_Adiss
03-10-2008, 08:34 AM
Put my last vote as # 26. I really like that question. Always wondered when we'd see these released!

El Chuxter
03-10-2008, 03:04 PM
New question:

So, yeah, uh, remember that other toy line you have, with the army guys and ninjas fighting terrorists in blue and the dude with the silver head and the other dude who turns blue in sunlight? Y'know, the one that's really popular and cool and stuff, and that sells out faster than SW? Yeah. Remember there was a Q&A for that line as well? Uh, yeah, whatever happened to that?

JediTricks
03-10-2008, 03:52 PM
New question:

So, yeah, uh, remember that other toy line you have, with the army guys and ninjas fighting terrorists in blue and the dude with the silver head and the other dude who turns blue in sunlight? Y'know, the one that's really popular and cool and stuff, and that sells out faster than SW? Yeah. Remember there was a Q&A for that line as well? Uh, yeah, whatever happened to that?
Nope. This is the SW team Q&A, the GI Joe Q&A is a different team. My guess is there wasn't as much interest as SW has.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
03-10-2008, 06:34 PM
That sucks about the stands, I really like those. I may eventually order more from online if they get newer name labels (I'd also like to see a Clone Wars stand).

JediTricks
03-11-2008, 12:18 AM
Perhaps if someone were to put that in the form of a question... ;)

Mr. JabbaJohnL
03-11-2008, 12:06 PM
Perhaps if someone were to put that in the form of a question... ;)
Jeez, I gotta do all the work around here. ;) :p

New question:
Will the action figure stand packs from HasbroToyShop.com have a change made to their name labels so that they can be used with the late 2007 and late 2008 figures that don't have stands? Also, will we see a specific Clone Wars stand added to the line-up for the new figures?

Battle Droid
03-11-2008, 03:56 PM
New question,

In an earlier Q&A you stated that you didn't have any reference material for the Imperial V-Wing but you already made that version in the Titanium line, what gives?

JediTricks
03-11-2008, 04:27 PM
Question 27 added.

Jeez, I gotta do all the work around here. ;) :pFunny, I was just thinking the same thing about me. :D

New question:
Will the action figure stand packs from HasbroToyShop.com have a change made to their name labels so that they can be used with the late 2007 and late 2008 figures that don't have stands? Also, will we see a specific Clone Wars stand added to the line-up for the new figures?A'ight.

New question,

In an earlier Q&A you stated that you didn't have any reference material for the Imperial V-Wing but you already made that version in the Titanium line, what gives?I still haven't seen this gray V-wing in the film, only the Titanium toy. They do a LOT of non-canon repaints for the Titanium Series line, offensive amounts really, so it's not "evidence". Plus, the Titanium Imperial V-wing is incredibly boring-looking.

Battle Droid
03-11-2008, 06:05 PM
Here's the scene they're in,

http://img167.imageshack.us/img167/7150/pdvd000qc9.png

JediTricks
03-11-2008, 10:16 PM
Can you get me a shot of the actual fighters though? I can't really make them out there.

Battle Droid
03-11-2008, 10:30 PM
This is the best I could get,

http://img89.imageshack.us/img89/1645/pdvd002lk9.png

JediTricks
03-11-2008, 10:44 PM
Not much to go on there. LMK if you can find any better grabs.

JediTricks
03-13-2008, 12:25 AM
Question 25 modified.

Original:
- One of the Starfighter-class ($20) vehicles at your Toy Fair display was the V-19 Clone Fighter, it was also seen in the slideshow. However, both the physical one at the show and the one seen in Hasbro's photos had the wings folded down to only nearly a horizontal position, while in the Clone Wars cartoon they fold down past horizontal. Will the wings on this one fold down past the position shown at Toy Fair? Also, will the final production version have more paint applications to give it a more dynamic look?

The reason for the change is that Hasbro was asked basically this, they answered the part about the deco and that the middle wing folds down, but avoided the side wings issue.

Sinscia Fat'o
03-13-2008, 03:22 PM
27, 24, 22, 20, 16, 26

I really like 27! I wish they would add POTF2, and POTJ labels in there as well.

JediTricks
03-13-2008, 03:41 PM
My votes:
4 roleplay
14 tfu re-release
21 lavender jango
22 sy
24 falcon
25 v-19Looking over the vote tally while adding Sinscia's and my votes, I notice that there's one question with a ton of votes, it's a lock that's getting asked this round, and then everything else is a low-number vote count, suggesting the votes are spread around too much or there's too many people voting with not all their slots. We need more votes gang!

Kidhuman
03-13-2008, 04:14 PM
8, 12, 14, 23, 24, 9 are my vote. Thank you JT again for doing a great job.

evenflow
03-13-2008, 07:13 PM
19, 22, 27

jediguy
03-13-2008, 09:34 PM
please add 22 and 23 to my list

thanks!

happy
03-14-2008, 12:19 PM
I would like to vote for:

2, 3, and 5

JediTricks
03-14-2008, 02:05 PM
Well, that's it for this round. Thanks to everybody who voted!

Here's what we sent in this round:
Should Hasbro ever decide to revisit the Ishi Tib species with a new figure, would you be more inclined to do one from Jabba's palace first, the prequels, or would you want to update the figure from 1998 of the unnamed rebel?
With the upcoming Comic Pack figure of Cade Skywalker, you seem to have nailed his look, but he doesn't seem to be coming with his green lightsaber. Might that be rectified in time for the figure's release since it's unlikely we'll be seeing another Cade Skywalker figure for a while? Cade's even holding the hilt on the cover of Legacy #2, and after all, your figure of Quinlan Vos wasn't entirely accurate to the issue he came with, instead opting for his more popular look, so why not give Cade his saber?
While it's our site policy to avoid rumors, our readers have been wound up a bit on this one so they demanded we ask.... It seems like there was a lot of hype and rumor about a new Millennium Falcon vehicle for the main line, including the leak of a Target DCPI number that came with the AT-TE - which Hasbro is indeed materializing. There was a lot of expectation that Hasbro would unveil both the AT-TE and this new Millennium Falcon at Toy Fair, and while the former appeared, the latter did not, so might you comment on these Falcon rumors at all? If nothing else, a simple confirmation or denial would ease a lot of collector tension.
Would Hasbro ever consider doing a figure of a "classic style" Sy Snootles from before the Special Editions? That's the one including the feather hat, tusks, more realistic eyes, a microphone, and can still be seen in the current version on the sail barge.
Does Nippet the Wokling come out of his basket? If so, might you be able to share a picture of this?
Although Hasbro's been releasing more and more Battle Droid designs lately, one that's been overlooked so far has been the Geonosis Battle Droid Commander, the one that has the OOM-9-style yellow markings on a maroon body. Moreover, the last Battle Droid Commander you released had a regular Battle Droid's backpack, which is inaccurate, the commander droids have no backpack, only a small antenna array as seen on your Ep 1 OOM-9 figure. Might this design be considered for the next time we see Battle Droid figures, perhaps even in a Geonosis Arena battle pack with the unreleased Geonosian Cannon accessory that was originally shown with the Arena playset?Look for the new round of voting soon.