PDA

View Full Version : McDonalds Toy promo

Lord Malakite
02-29-2008, 10:14 PM
McDonalds's Star Wars Summer
Posted by Jeremy on February 27, 2008 at 07:52 AM CST:
McDonalds will hold a global Star Wars promotion this Autumn to coincide with the release of Clone Wars. It has not yet been decided exactly which countries will enjoy the full promotion, but already there is a list of premiums floating around:

* R2-D2 comlink
* R2-D2 keeper
* Yoda light-up saber
* Darth Vader light-up saber
* Ewok plush
* Millennium Falcon lcd game
* Anakin pen and trainer pack
* Padmé pen and trainer pack

Keep an eye on Teekay-421.be (http://www.teekay-421.be/) because they are expecting the first photos later this week!

Here we go again. At least this time I won't have to walk 5 miles each trip like during the 2005 BK promotions. :D I just hope the US is one of the countries.

JediTricks
03-02-2008, 01:25 AM
McDonalds??? WTF? Lucasfilm hasn't partnered with them since ROTJ came out, I believe. That's 25 years ago! God am I old.

sergiurusu
03-02-2008, 01:54 AM
What can I say... interesting. I always liked funny SW stuff like potato heads or Burger King and I'm curious about these too...

evenflow
03-02-2008, 10:00 AM
The ewok sound slike the only one worth getting.

Bel-Cam Jos
03-02-2008, 10:48 AM
McDonalds??? WTF? Lucasfilm hasn't partnered with them since ROTJ came out, I believe. That's 25 years ago! God am I old.I believe that was Burger King; the glasses promo. I've always liked the restaurant promos, especially now that my completist disease has been cured. :D

Mr. JabbaJohnL
03-02-2008, 03:10 PM
I, too, always enjoy the restaurant items and the fun of tracking them down. McDonald's has a way of sitting in my gut like a rock so I'll have to pace myself if this comes to the US. Odd, though, that these don't seem to be very much related to the Clone Wars . . .

figrin bran
03-02-2008, 03:21 PM
I, too, always enjoy the restaurant items and the fun of tracking them down. McDonald's has a way of sitting in my gut like a rock so I'll have to pace myself if this comes to the US. Odd, though, that these don't seem to be very much related to the Clone Wars . . .

At McD's (and BK as well), you can just buy the toys without having to purchase/eat any of the food. They'll charge you anywhere from $1-2 for the toys.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
03-02-2008, 08:40 PM
At McD's (and BK as well), you can just buy the toys without having to purchase/eat any of the food. They'll charge you anywhere from $1-2 for the toys.
But the gastrointestinal side effects are part of the fun! :D

Lord Malakite
03-03-2008, 01:11 AM
McDonalds??? WTF? Lucasfilm hasn't partnered with them since ROTJ came out, I believe. That's 25 years ago! God am I old.

Well, there was that Obi-Wan fry pin (http://i3.ebayimg.com/05/i/000/b4/9e/8b60_2.JPG) they got in 97. I'd think that would count somewhat.

I believe that was Burger King; the glasses promo.
I couldn't find any indication that these were released in the US, but McD apparently had a SW (possibly ROTJ) promo too by look of this picture (http://www.flickr.com/photos/12861589@N03/2107810119/) from Celebration IV.

Bel-Cam Jos
03-03-2008, 10:28 PM
At McD's (and BK as well), you can just buy the toys without having to purchase/eat any of the food. They'll charge you anywhere from $1-2 for the toys.Unless they pull the refuse-to-do-so card, as some of my local BKs did for the ROTS promotion... :upset:

Mr. JabbaJohnL
07-11-2008, 02:55 PM
A picture is here! (http://www.collectinghq.com/im/0013955.jpg) It looks like they took the super-deformed BK toys to the next level. I quite like the look of them; they're more interesting than what was previously rumored. It also looks like they applied the animation style to the OT characters, which I like here (but don't want 3 3/4" figures of).

El Chuxter
07-11-2008, 03:03 PM
Ewok... need Ewok....

JetsAndHeels
07-11-2008, 03:16 PM
Must...have....Fett....

Bel-Cam Jos
07-11-2008, 03:27 PM
Wouldn't MickeyDs be the perfect place for a Soft Serve, er, Ice Cream Maker Guy toy? :D

[edit: In that link, why does Luke look like Ellen DeGeneres? :eek: ]

Battle Droid
07-13-2008, 07:13 AM
Why are there OT characters and vehicles, isn't this Clone Wars?

Mr. JabbaJohnL
07-14-2008, 12:17 AM
Why are there OT characters and vehicles, isn't this Clone Wars?
It looks like they're doing the whole saga, much like Burger King did in 2005. I really enjoyed that and think it's cool here too.

InsaneJediGirl
07-14-2008, 04:57 PM
They look kind of odd. I'll spare my expanding waistline and shrinking budget and pass on these. Now if they had some kind of cups/glasses that would be nice.

Bel-Cam Jos
07-14-2008, 07:48 PM
Now if they had some kind of cups/glasses that would be nice.I miss those, too. I learned the word "brandishing" from my ROJ Luke/Han BK glass.

figrin bran
07-14-2008, 10:55 PM
I'm usually a sucker for fast food premiums. I even got some of the current Transformers Animated ones. But I'm going to do my best to pass on these. If it were just heads, I'd be okay with it. If it were just vehicles, I'd be okay with it but I don't like the combination of the two.

Bel-Cam Jos
07-15-2008, 10:35 AM
I will probably do what I normally do, which is buy some, trying for the one(s) I like, but doubtfully will get the complete set.

Lord Malakite
07-15-2008, 11:06 PM
It looks like they took the super-deformed BK toys to the next level. I quite like the look of them; they're more interesting than what was previously rumored.

I believe there is still a good possibility that both this "Super Deformed" head/vehicle set and the previously rumored set will be released JabbaJohnL. The site that Rebelscum initially took their info from in February when I started this topic isn't from the US. We might in fact be looking at two seperate sets of toys, an international set and a US set (which is what BK did regarding ROTS).

Mr. JabbaJohnL
07-16-2008, 02:41 AM
Perhaps, but I don't care about other countries. ;) :D

ncbarrett
08-12-2008, 12:26 PM
Any word on how many will be available each week?
What about a schedule of release?

Bel-Cam Jos
08-12-2008, 04:14 PM
No idea. I'll probably get one after viewing the movie Friday, then find out there.

[edit] Check out the "News" section here, while it doesn't list when they're coming out, it shows what's coming out, plus a "have" "want" check featre (cool).

Lord Malakite
08-13-2008, 02:43 AM
[edit] Check out the "News" section here, while it doesn't list when they're coming out, it shows what's coming out, plus a "have" "want" check featre (cool).
When I set up the category on CollectionStation I also included the Happy Meal Toy Numbers. I know that doesn't exactly tell "when" they come out, but it will at least give you a rough estimation since they always release toys in chronological order. As this promo is only 4 weeks long from my understanding, at least the first four numbers are pretty much guaranteed the first day of the promo (Anakin, Vader, Wicket, and C-3PO).

Oh, and before I forget. I just completed listing the US Burger King ROTS toy categories (for both 2005 promos) over at CollectionStation. Once Steve approves them you'll be able to add them to your list like the McDonalds Clone Wars toys. Expect the International Burger King ROTS toys (for both 2005 promos), the Episode I KFC/Taco Bell/Pizza Hut toys, and the Taco Bell Special Edition toys to follow soon.

Bel-Cam Jos
08-13-2008, 11:53 AM
I thought I noticed your name there, LM. Good job!

I am pretty sure I will not be collecting all of these. About 4-5 look pretty good, some look bad, with the others (as always) falling in between.

K M Toydarian
08-14-2008, 03:40 PM
Walked into McD's an hour ago (Thurs.) and saw a kid with the Stormtrooper/ATAT. It was pretty big and really cool. Bigger than a Titanium, head about the same as BK's deformed.
I got excited, and ordered a happy meal with the Star Wars toy, but was told they didn't have them.
There was one on a table 10 feet away, but they "didn't have them" Oh well. It was cool to see it "early".
I am also a sucker for Happy Meal toys. They got me into collecting after all as a tiny child!

Bel-Cam Jos
08-14-2008, 06:39 PM
I got excited, and ordered a happy meal with the Star Wars toy, but was told they didn't have them.
There was one on a table 10 feet away, but they "didn't have them" Oh well. It was cool to see it "early".Or, you were the victim of a Jedi mind trick... "these aren't the toys you're looking for..." :D

Bel-Cam Jos
08-15-2008, 11:28 AM
Noticed an eBay auction for ALL 18 toys, ending later today. Guess that person was quite hungry... :p

Bel-Cam Jos
08-15-2008, 11:56 PM
Grabbed a quick lunch today (Happy Meals in a bag just aren't the same without the box :( ) and got the Anakin/Jedi Starfighter one; not too bad. If I can choose the toy, I might collect a couple more (Ewok, Stormtrooper, Padme look pretty good).

Mr. JabbaJohnL
08-16-2008, 01:01 AM
After seeing the movie, we got some McDonald's. I got Anakin and Vader, and the two Happy Meals came in Vader boxes (wonder why it wasn't more CW-oriented?). They said those were the only two toys they currently had, but I doubt it.

Lord Malakite
08-16-2008, 03:30 AM
While I didn't get to go in person today, I did end up getting Vader and Anakin today from one of my local McDonalds thanks to family. I called another McDonalds up on the phone and they said they had Vader and C-3PO.

DarthQuack
08-16-2008, 10:23 AM
I walked into a McD's yesterday and saw the display case with all of them, really thought about just picking it up and walking out with it for a second :P

Banthaholic
08-16-2008, 01:36 PM
Anybody know if they have a special Star Wars under 3 kids toy? I thought about asking for one but didn't want to end up with a ronald mcdonald themed plane over a darth tie.

Lord Malakite
08-16-2008, 04:24 PM
Anybody know if they have a special Star Wars under 3 kids toy? I thought about asking for one but didn't want to end up with a ronald mcdonald themed plane over a darth tie.

Not that I know of, but I haven't had a chance to ask in person. At this point (if there were any Under 3 toys) I would of expected them to show up on ebay like the main toys by now. As for not ending up with a "Ronald in a plane" over a "Darth in a TIE" and still getting an official answer from the McD employees about your question, I have found that the easiest way to avoid that problem is to simply ask the following question:

"Could you tell me if there are any under age 3 toys that are also Star Wars related as part of this Happy Meal promotion?"

Bel-Cam Jos
08-16-2008, 05:01 PM
Yeah, as much as SW is "universal," not everyone knows the details about it. Today, I got two meals (not both for me) and each had "the tiger" (Wicket the Ewok). I asked if I could get two different ones, and the employee said "we also have the robot" (C3PO). I'll probably try for Padme, Stormtrooper, or the Clone Commander, and that's about it for me.

I got the non-moving Yoda toy from the TPM Taco Bell/Pizza Hut/KFC just by asking for the under-3 promo.

Lord Malakite
08-16-2008, 10:53 PM
I got the non-moving Yoda toy from the TPM Taco Bell/Pizza Hut/KFC just by asking for the under-3 promo.
I don't think his question was so much a question of how to obtain an under-3 toy. Rather it was a question of how to ask if said under-3 toy is Star Wars promo related without getting suckered into accidently purchasing said toy (over a SW toy) if it is not. ;)

As for me (unless there is indeed an under-3 toy I am unaware about), I'm done collecting these. I completed the rest of the set today thanks to a little McD secret I just learned from some regular Happy Meal toy collectors. Within less than 30 minutes I had managed to pick up toys #3 through #18 today (as well as a second Anakin (#1) and Vader (#2)). :thumbsup: I also managed to pick up 3 different Happy Meal boxes (a black box with Vader, a white box with Captain Rex, and a white box with R2 & C-3PO). I'm not certain how many boxes there are though. Has anyone seen any other boxes besides those three I mentioned?

Update: Never mind the last question. I just looked it up on the internet. I'm still missing one box (a white box with Yoda), which would make 4 boxes total.

JetsAndHeels
08-17-2008, 12:16 PM
Walked in to Mickey D's yesterday and scored vader, han, 3po, the ewok, anakin, padme, r2, stormtrooper, chewie, yoda, and luke.

bobafrett
08-17-2008, 06:17 PM
I walked into a McD's yesterday and saw the display case with all of them, really thought about just picking it up and walking out with it for a second :P

Yes, I thought about helping myself to the display, but instead my wife and I both ordered happy meals, and got to different boxes, but both had wicket riding a speeder bike. Stupid big headed Ewok.

DarkArtist
08-17-2008, 07:17 PM
yesterday i picked up 3 of the new toys anakin starfighter, C-3PO with landspeeder, and wicket with speederbike. will be checking all week as i pass 2 McD's everyday to and from work (plus i love the southern Chix sandwich and sweet tea). hoping to get a complete set.

also looking forward to the Lego Batman sets (hopefully they are mini lego sets and figures and not just some lame spy gear stuff.)

El Chuxter
08-17-2008, 07:39 PM
My 2-year-old loves the Vader.

jonthejedi
08-18-2008, 04:42 AM
My son got the Vader 1st time out(I didn't know there was a sound chip in that one). I p/u'ed the walker for myself today, even though the bobblehead is inaccurate for the vehicle. They only had Padme besides the one I got.

bobafrett
08-18-2008, 06:46 AM
I picked up the Vader yesterday for dinner, then went and watched the clone wars movie.

JetsAndHeels
08-18-2008, 11:25 AM
I picked up the Vader yesterday for dinner

How was it? I bet it tasted plastic-y.

Bel-Cam Jos
08-18-2008, 11:41 AM
I don't think his question was so much a question of how to obtain an under-3 toy. Rather it was a question of how to ask if said under-3 toy is Star Wars promo related without getting suckered into accidently purchasing said toy (over a SW toy) if it is not. ;)

Has anyone seen any other boxes besides those three I mentioned?Gotcha. Here's my devious plan: ask, "Do you have any under-3 toys for the Star Wars (don't say 'Clone Wars,' as it's less well-known) Happy Meals? When they say "yes," take it without drooling, but when they say "no," punch them; should there be a "huh?" response, see suggestion for "no" answer :p ).

The two MD restaurants I've been to have had them in bags (healthy eating theme, and Spy Kids). Did not see any other customers with boxes. Did I get cheated? :(

bobafrett
08-18-2008, 10:25 PM
How was it? I bet it tasted plastic-y.

I forgot to proof read my sentence before posting it, but now that I read it, it sounds like I ate the toy.

I ordered a happy meal today, and got an Anakin, and a fourth different happy meal box.

Lord Malakite
08-20-2008, 11:41 PM
Gotcha. Here's my devious plan: ask, "Do you have any under-3 toys for the Star Wars (don't say 'Clone Wars,' as it's less well-known) Happy Meals? When they say "yes," take it without drooling, but when they say "no," punch them; should there be a "huh?" response, see suggestion for "no" answer :p ).

Get ready to do some punching then. I finally remembered/got around to asking the under-3 question today when I had the free time to do so. I'll provide the answer since everyone else on here seems to be too yellow to ask. :D

There is no "Star Wars: The Clone Wars" themed "Under-3" toy at McDonald's for this promotion.

So with my set of 18 toys from the other day and the news of no "Under-3" SW toy I can now officially say I'm done with the toys portion of this promotion. I still need to get that fourth Happy Meal box before I can call it quits though.

El Chuxter
08-21-2008, 09:24 AM
I'm not aware of any recent Happy Meals that had special under-3 toys. The under-3 toys have always been cheap Ronald McDonald stuff.

My daughter likes the Ronald stuff, but, so far, has seemed to prefer the Speed Racer and Star Wars stuff. (And I didn't even try to influence her.)

Lord Malakite
08-21-2008, 03:30 PM
I'm not aware of any recent Happy Meals that had special under-3 toys. The under-3 toys have always been cheap Ronald McDonald stuff.
I'm not aware of any special under-3 toys in recent Happy Meals either Chux, but then again I don't follow Happy Meal promo toys on a regular basis. So I always try to remember to ask just in case. The most recent one I know of is the "Dragon Flute" under-3 toy from the "Mighty Morphin Power Rangers: The Movie" toy promo, but that promo was way back in 1995.

El Chuxter
08-21-2008, 03:39 PM
I know 'em pretty well because a Big Kids' Happy Meal and one or two double cheeseburgers is a cheap way to feed a toddler and an adult, and give the kid something to play with in the car.

The Kung Fu Panda that screams whenever it's shaken is a bit annoying on bumpy roads, though.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
08-21-2008, 05:00 PM
Some seemingly lazy employee let me take C-3PO, Wicket, Han, and Chewie for free. I then bought Padme and the stormtrooper for over $3 . . . oh well, it evens out, I guess.

2-1B
08-21-2008, 06:17 PM
I scored a set of all 18 plus all 4 unused boxes, so that's pretty cool. I don't have to deal with that vile restaurant now. :)

Bel-Cam Jos
08-22-2008, 05:28 PM
I went to the 2nd-closest one to my home, stood in line (after a grandmother cut in line, with her daughter staying in the right place; the family was served after the person BEHIND me was :karma?: ) and later heard a couple teenagers bump into a man with his daughter then call one of the boys a "punk." :I'mLovin'it: Anyhow, I got a Vader box, the Yoda toy (Yoda says "Erg um Force Ooh Murr" on mine :confused: ) and a chocolate milk (with Anakin & Ahsoka on it). I think I may be done with the Golden Arches for a while.

Lord Malakite
08-22-2008, 11:38 PM
I picked up that fourth Happy Meal box (with Yoda on it) tonight. I'm officially done now. :thumbsup:

bobafrett
08-22-2008, 11:54 PM
I almost headed home for lunch, then I decided between one of three McDonalds withing 7 minutes of the Wal-Mart I work at. I ended up going to the one with road construction going on in front of it, and to make this story end, I bought a double cheeseburger happy meal, and got the Luke in X-Wing toy.

Lord Malakite
08-23-2008, 02:00 AM
Just a heads up for any SSGers in the United Kingdom who might be interested in purchasing the Clone Wars McDonalds toys. It appears that you guys will also have a promotion for these same 18 toys (though the packaging might be different) starting September 17, about a week after the promo ends for us here in the United States on September 11.

Bel-Cam Jos
08-24-2008, 10:54 AM
Went to yet another different McD's (it was close to where I was), got two more (Leia and Grievous), but only had the Vader box. NOW I'm done? :lipsrsealed:

Mr. JabbaJohnL
08-28-2008, 06:02 PM
Last night I walked to a McDonald's with a friend and got Luke and Ahsoka for free. I still need Rex, Grievous, R2-D2, Leia, and Obi-Wan. I don't really care if I get the other boxes or any of the food packaging, though it would be fun.

Lord Malakite
08-30-2008, 03:23 AM
Well, I just found some interesting news. There are now at least 8 more SW: Clone Wars toys to collect from McDonalds. So far the 8 appear to be exclusive to Asian countries. I've seen the set of 8 in an ebay auction from the Philippines and I have also seen 3 of the 8 (along with 3 toys from the US promotion) being shown off on the forums of the official Chinese/Taiwan Star Wars site (http://www.chinese-starwars.com/chineseforum/viewtopic.php?t=12658&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=25&sid=7b3dba605e8e09e63d66059dcd1b58da) (which was linked to over in Rebelscum's forums). Based on the the pics from those forums the figures appear to open up to reveal a secret storage compartment. Below is a pic from the ebay auction.

Bel-Cam Jos
08-30-2008, 12:07 PM
That's both awesome and terrible; terribly awesome. Awesome: they actually look pretty cool. Terrible: I hate the overall concept of "exclusives." Arrgghhh!! :mad:

Mr. JabbaJohnL
08-30-2008, 01:31 PM
They look like turds, so I'm glad they're not in this country.

JediTricks
08-30-2008, 04:56 PM
I got a happy meal last night because I was in a bad mood after some family BS and I wanted Hi-C orange and a cheeseburger, got General Grievous, this thing is pretty meh.

Bel-Cam Jos
08-30-2008, 06:13 PM
I got a happy meal last night because I was in a bad mood after some family BS and I wanted Hi-C orange and a cheeseburger, got General Grievous, this thing is pretty meh.Take your receipt back, demanding your happiness, JT! Because Hi-C Orange should ALWAYS provide happiness, as should a HAPPY Meal. :faultyproductpromises: :( And yeah, Gen. G's pretty dull.

DarkArtist
08-30-2008, 06:39 PM
found Leia, Asohka and Grievous earlier this week. hoping to get a complete set.

Lord Malakite
08-31-2008, 12:57 AM
Here are some more pics. These are Taiwan's 6 McDonalds promo toys (which just happens to be half US toys and half the new Asian/Philippines toys).

Lord Malakite
09-01-2008, 02:21 AM
Just a heads up. The Taiwan set of toys and the Philippine set of toys are now listed on CollectionStation.

Bel-Cam Jos
09-01-2008, 11:25 AM
I was tempted yesterday; stopped in at one for quick din-din, but they only had Wicket and Threepio, so I passed. Had leftover sausage Zatarains rice instead. :pleased:

El Chuxter
09-01-2008, 12:03 PM
My daughter got a Luke yesterday. The only one I want for myself is Wicket.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
09-01-2008, 12:55 PM
Now the only three I need are R2-D2, Leia, and Grievous. It's been really hit-or-miss as to if we'll have to pay for them or not. (They're overly expensive without the meal.)

Bel-Cam Jos
09-01-2008, 10:07 PM
My daughter got a Luke yesterday. The only one I want for myself is Wicket.Next time when you send her down there, ask her to pick daddy up one.

Do you still need a Wicket, Chux? I can look around for one here for ya.

Lord Malakite
09-06-2008, 03:37 AM
Well there are yet 2 more foreign Star Wars toy promos at McDonalds to report.
First up is New Zealand. They get 8 toys total in their promo (Anakin, Padme, Rex, Ahsoka, Yoda, Vader, Asajj, & Obi-Wan). Aside from the packaging these are the same as the US toys, so nothing to get too excited about there.

Second up is Germany. They also get a set of 8 toys, but their promo is a split gender promo. Only the 4 boys toys are Star Wars related. The other four (for girls) are some sort of handheld LCD "virtual pet" type games called "Pixel Chix". Anyway, remember the initial "rumored" list of toys I posted at the very beginning on page one. It appears that these German SW toys are (at least in part) those toys. Below is a pic. I'll be adding this stuff to CollectionStation immediately.

bobafrett
09-06-2008, 01:41 PM
I went out to eat at Mickey D's for lunch the other day, and thought they would have new toys, but ended up getting another Grevous (sp?). When I was driving there, my stomach started hurting contemplating eating yet another meal from there. I tried asking about the "satisfaction box" but the clerk had no idea what I was talking about.

DarkArtist
09-06-2008, 10:56 PM
picked up ventress and wicket on Friday, and got Vader this morning. still need, Luke, Rex,Yoda,R2,Padme, and kenobi

Mr. JabbaJohnL
09-06-2008, 11:43 PM
I tried the "secret" today but the manager, like bobafrett's McDonald's employee, didn't know what I was talking about. They didn't have the three I needed, either . . .

stillakid
09-07-2008, 01:35 AM
Just saw these yesterday. What a stupid idea. Big weird heads on ships?! Whose idea was this anyway? I'd really like to know how that staff meeting went.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
09-07-2008, 02:02 AM
Dunno, but it's certainly never been done before (http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Super_Bombad_Racing).

Lord Malakite
09-07-2008, 02:08 AM
Found the rest of our early rumored SW toys. All 8 of the toys from the early rumored list are available at McDonalds in Hungary and Switzerland.

bobafrett
09-07-2008, 06:52 AM
Which movie was the clown with globe helmet in?

My step daughter picked up Captain Rex in the ARC-170 bobble head thing for me!

Bel-Cam Jos
09-07-2008, 10:32 AM
McDonald's? Hungary? I get it! :D Actually, I don't get hungry around McDonald's all that much. :Ijustgoforthetoys: :tired:

Tonysmo
09-07-2008, 04:09 PM
Just saw these yesterday. What a stupid idea. Big weird heads on ships?! Whose idea was this anyway? I'd really like to know how that staff meeting went.

lmao, I thought the same thing..

*flash to staff meeting*
hmmm.. lets take.. a ship.. k? k? annnnd.. we can out like umm. a HUGE head on it? Yesssssss! Score! Kids are gonna love it!

soo.. Ive got the clone trooper and ventress.. using the mind trick no less..

Mr. JabbaJohnL
09-07-2008, 05:14 PM
Today, I finally finished the set. The manager didn't know the term "customer satisfaction box" but she seemed to have it anyway . . .

Lord Malakite
09-07-2008, 11:14 PM
Today, I finally finished the set. The manager didn't know the term "customer satisfaction box" but she seemed to have it anyway . . .

Glad to hear that. Hopefully frett will also have luck in finding it. You just have to be persistent. If one McDonalds doesn't know of it, try asking another manager/employee or go to the next closest McDonalds.

And I have all the new foreign toy sets entered on CollectionStation for anyone trying to track those down. They just need Steve to approve/make them public.

Bel-Cam Jos
09-14-2008, 10:59 AM
Denied! There was a coupon in the newspaper for a buy-an-Extra-Value-Meal-get-a-free-Happy-Meal (only after 4pm), and I thought, "well, why not? It'll be free." So, I go to the one McD's that I had yet to try during this promotion (the closest one to my home, in fact), and lo and behold... it's now Batman toys?!? :confused: Whaaaaahhh?!? :Moe's line: And, they had no ice cream, so no $1 sundae? :upset: Grrr... sad. Grr... sad, etc.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
09-14-2008, 02:24 PM
It's been well documented that the promotion would end on September 11.

bobafrett
09-14-2008, 03:47 PM
I have failed you master, I did not get the complete set of Star Wars toys from McD's.

K M Toydarian
09-15-2008, 02:52 AM
Curse you Star Wars!
I am now officially addicted to McDonalds.
I've gone a couple times this weekend, even though no Star Wars to motivate me. They put something in the food I swear to keep us hooked.
Time to really stop and lose the weight I put on from the last promo.
Got the whole set with a few dupes, and not regretting it though!

figrin bran
09-15-2008, 11:36 AM
It's been well documented that the promotion would end on September 11.

Yes, but the McD's up the street from me always runs a week late with the Happy Meal promos and so I was able to get an R2 and Ahsoka yesterday.

DarkArtist
09-15-2008, 12:43 PM
missed out on the Luke X-Wing, Padme, Yoda, and R2 pieces. now i'm collecting the Batman Lego (got the Joker's Copter) and the Tonner Oz dolls for my mother in law.

Bel-Cam Jos
09-15-2008, 08:07 PM
Yes, but the McD's up the street from me always runs a week late with the Happy Meal promos and so I was able to get an R2 and Ahsoka yesterday.That's what I was hoping for. My question to the employee was: "Do you have any of the Star Wars Happy Meal toys left?" I figured they'd have a new run, but often/sometimes they have leftovers (kept under a hear lamp? :rolleyes: ) of the previous ones.