PDA

View Full Version : George Lucas at my workplace...

Son of a Sith
02-13-2002, 05:25 PM
Talk about bad luck! My wife and I work in a WestEnd theatre in London and I happen to have the flu and am off. She's just told me that Mr Lucas is in watching the show. Funny thing is that Caroline Blakiston, who played Mon Mothma in ROTJ, is in the show (I've met her many times when working on stagedoor, really lovely lady. However, I've never once mentioned ROTJ), so I wonder if he knew that going in, and whether he'll go say hello after. Anyway, would've been nice to have seen him in person.
Second work-related Star Wars connection in a week - nearly walked into Julian Glover (General Veers) outside The Royal Opera House whilst on the way to work - and third in a year - Warwick Davis (Wicket) came to see the previous show at our theatre and asked me for directions after.
Oh and one more. One of my workmates (Lot of actors there) was an extra in TPM, as a Royal Guard.

GNT
02-14-2002, 03:13 AM
Lucky you :),you should go out an d buy yourself a lottery ticket :)

Rollo Tomassi
02-14-2002, 11:40 AM
Man, George Lucas NEVER comes to the theatre where I work...:mad: Of course, it's in Iowa, but still...:rolleyes:

JetsAndHeels
02-14-2002, 01:07 PM
George always comes here to NC. I shared a big tub of popcorn with him when we went to see "X Men."

General Veers
02-14-2002, 03:15 PM
You almost talked to General Veers?;)

That sux man, so close yet so far huh?

Son of a Sith
02-15-2002, 06:51 AM
Joys of working in live theatre, backstage or onstage, particularly the WestEnd or Broadway. You get to see and meet all sorts of folks...

ConvergeDW
02-17-2002, 11:14 PM
once, I saw Kerry kenny from "THE STATE" in deli, she was ordering a turkey sandwich, thenI walked outside and saw Jared Leto, and my friend yelled at himand he RAN down the street.