PDA

View Full Version : What's up with K-mart's prices?

Neuroleptic
02-29-2008, 10:39 PM
It had been a while since I went to K-mart to buy star wars figures, so I was a little suprised by their prices.

8.99 for one figure? 28.99 for the jedi star fighters? 32.00 for star wars tin 4 packs that have been on the shelf there for a good long time? What's with that?

I was going to buy the Imperial officer in the black uniform since I really wanted him, but I'm not about to pay that much. I could probably find him on E-bay for less including shipping.

Are all K-marts outragously priced like that, or is it just the one in my area?

Note to moderators: I'm not sure if this is where this is supposed to be, so if you would like to move it I won't be upset. And if this question has been brought up before, just point me in the right direction of the thread.

x13squadleader
02-29-2008, 10:52 PM
no you are not the only one.i paid the same so i could get a couple hawkbat battalion clones.the only time i seen them in the store.this is from grand rapids michigan

Qui-Long Gone
02-29-2008, 11:14 PM
I am continually amazed that K mart does business....In some 25+ years I have NEVER been to a busy Kmart.....their toys are rediculous here, easily $3-4 more than Walmart or ToysRus.....

Kidhuman
03-01-2008, 05:47 AM
My Kmart is still 6.99 for basic figures. Try scanning them at the scanners around the store. I seen a few Kmarts tat have these tags, but they ring up for less.

WesleySr
03-01-2008, 06:52 AM
Basic figures are $8.79 here in the WV K-Marts I have been in. But I also noticed that their LEGO's are still priced at SRP. They are actually lower than Toys 'R Us.

El Chuxter
03-01-2008, 08:18 PM
The comic packs here went up sometime in the past two weeks from $12-something to $14-something. :eek:

Been in a Sears lately? When the two merged, they somehow combined into a new store with the worst of both worlds. I don't think they'll be in business too much longer. :(

Jedi_Kal-El
03-01-2008, 08:22 PM
The comic packs here went up sometime in the past two weeks from $12-something to $14-something. :eek:

Been in a Sears lately? When the two merged, they somehow combined into a new store with the worst of both worlds. I don't think they'll be in business too much longer. :(

That's what happens when you jack your prices up too high. I don't ever see anyone in K-Mart or any of the new Sears that they merged with. People don't like to pay those kinds of prices.

Neuroleptic
03-01-2008, 08:41 PM
I'v been thinking they are going out of bisuness for some time now, actualy. I'm suprised the one in my area is even open still.

The only time I saw a company jack prices up was when I was working for Food 4 Less right before they went under. We (lowly employees that are treated like mushroms that are kept in a nice dark place and have sh*t piled ontop of us) felt the reason for the increase in prices was the companie's last ditch effort to make more money off of less customers and sales.

I wonder if that's what is happening to K-Mart?

I just didn't expect to see prices up THAT high. It's madness.

timmae
03-01-2008, 10:00 PM
come to kmarts in charlotte. they are only 7.99 here.

Jedi_Kal-El
03-01-2008, 10:07 PM
come to kmarts in charlotte. they are only 7.99 here.

That's still a dollar more than I'd like to pay.

Banthaholic
03-01-2008, 11:22 PM
I'm glad K-mart is an option, because occationally they do get exclusives and some are actually cool such as the blue snag. With that being said, I don't include K-mart in my toy runs because unless a saile is there I do not buy. I can't justify paying more money when a week later I get the same product at a cheaper cost. Plus as a MOC/MISB collector, they put pricetags on everything.