PDA

View Full Version : 08 Wave 4 Pics Found (Gungan Sub, Cylon Base Star)

vodkaice
03-01-2008, 03:45 AM
Im still not allowed to post links so just look it up at entertainment earth

entertainmentearth.com/prodinfo.asp?number=HS34558A2#top

Enjoy!

:D

Kidhuman
03-01-2008, 06:46 AM
they are just preorder, I dont think they have hit stores yet.

matthewilw
03-01-2008, 01:07 PM
I hope that JSF is a new smaller scaled version along the lines of the EPII JSF. I highly doubt it though, with the kind of *stuff* Hasbro has been putting in this line lately you probably won't even get the JSF and the ring as a set. I might get the JSF, other than that this wave provokes a heart felt "meh" from me. Nothing worth $7

JediTricks
03-02-2008, 02:40 AM
Nice link, thanks! Love the Ep 3 JSF with the hyperspace ring, and it does appear to be a new, smaller JSF, definitely not the old one's dimensions. That ring is once again upside-down though, when will they learn to photograph these right?

Basestar! YAY!

Sebulba's podracer... yay for the rest of you, I guess. I actually did buy this the first time around.

GUNGAN SUB!!! After 8 years, it's finally getting produced and it looks awesome! Yes!

Repaints and reissues... well, at least they're good molds so folks who missed the first time around can get 'em.

Darth Duranium
03-02-2008, 08:50 PM
I'm with you, JediTricks... YAY Basestar! I'm stoked... looks nice with the aztec-ing, too. I'd love to think that we had something to do with its creation... we did whine a lot, dude.

I have the droopy Sebulba podracer from Ep. 1, too... I hate the way it tilts and sags on the stand... crapp-o design. Anakin's will likely be the same...

To hell with pegwarming: we might even see the Flash Speeder, TF Landing Ship, and MTT moulds soon... I think they'll have redone all of the old Ep. 1 moulds then. Mumble, yawn.

I like the Ep. 3 JSF with hyperspace ring... the only drawback will be the next... ummm, 37 freakin' repaints of this mould.

Expect the Greased Lightning hotrod version of the JSF with a flaming ring of fire... Fonzie dances on Johnny Cash's grave. And it burns, burns, burns...

I'd assume that the JSF will be smaller but there's no stand in the pic from EE so it's impossible to gauge the scale. Hasbro really should pay a little more attention to their product shots... flipping the ring is tres lame, non?

The Bongo will be nice... hope it comes with a glovebox and startlingly convenient wiring. Should have had an ejector seat and crap-seeking torpedoes for Jar-Jar, too.

Didn't we already have a battle-damaged TIE? I forget... regardless, it's an absolute must-skip for me.

Is that the "Raw Metal" Death Star or a retread of the regular DS? I'm hoping it's the RM one cuz I never picked up that WM 5-pack... but it sure looks like the regular one to me.

Just saw a pic of the new BSG Viper Mk VII from wave 2 on eBay... much improved paint, methinks. Someone said the decals are better, too.

The first VM7 was too dark, and I never liked the white one... red stripes look out of place somehow, imho. They got the packaging right this time, too... it's not labelled a Mk II.

Silver ships should be left silver... I'd love a "Raw Metal" VM7... and a RM Grievous Starfighter. Maybe a RM Battlestar Galactica, too.

figrin bran
03-03-2008, 01:46 AM
I don't think I have the Sebulba pod so I'll buy one, at least.

I'm excited for the Basestar and the Bongo. Normally I'd love that JSF but I'm rather hyper ringed out, having bought every titanium version of it along with the Saesee Tinn Transformer and the Lego hyperring JSF set.

jonthejedi
03-03-2008, 05:05 AM
I never bought any of the color variant Ep. II hyperdrive rings after Obi's orig. "red" version...but I'm jazzed for the ROTS version. Is the next wave out the one with T-16 skyhopper?

mtriv73
03-03-2008, 09:06 AM
I never bought any of the color variant Ep. II hyperdrive rings after Obi's orig. "red" version...but I'm jazzed for the ROTS version. Is the next wave out the one with T-16 skyhopper?

It depends on how you look at it. I still haven't seen wave 2 (I got it from an e-tailer) at retail. So in a way it's the next one with the T-16/pimp my starfighter wave following, and the bongo wave next.

I want some pictures of the TIE defender. I plan on getting several of those and cylon basestars.

JediGoofy
03-04-2008, 06:03 AM
GUNGAN SUB!!! After 8 years, it's finally getting produced and it looks awesome! Yes!

Unfortunately I am not so thrilled as you about the Gungan Sub die-cast. Having a picture of the old non-produced Gungan Sub I do not like at all the solid tail of the vehicle. :(
I think a fine feature of the movie model was the design of the propeller which is completely wrong in the die-cast model (imho, of course). :cross-eye

Ciao,
JediGoofy

JediTricks
03-04-2008, 09:28 PM
Wow, really? This looks like the movie version to me, the Action Fleet version had a similar tail but with segments that there were separated, but this is a smaller scale so they'd be closer together anyway and would snap off (the metal would snap off easier than the plastic, probably). Sometimes little sacrifices have to be made for structural quality, and this one seems like a minor misgiving to me. Even in drawn schematics (http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Image:Bongo2_negvv.jpg) it appears as a solid piece rather than separated elements (probably because it's easier, but also because the tail actually wouldn't be structurally sound if it was made as a real prop).

JediGoofy
03-06-2008, 06:51 AM
Wow, really? This looks like the movie version to me, the Action Fleet version had a similar tail but with segments that there were separated, but this is a smaller scale so they'd be closer together anyway and would snap off (the metal would snap off easier than the plastic, probably). Sometimes little sacrifices have to be made for structural quality, and this one seems like a minor misgiving to me.

Yes, you are right, solidity issues and probably even security issues for children may be responsible of the choice.
Nevertheless I do not like very much the result, like in the case of the solid pylons in the die-cast Y-wing. :( But, in any case, the Gungan Sub is still a new mold, and I prefer new molds in the Titanium Series. :) So I will be happy. :D Do you listen Hasbro? I am happy with new molds! :yes:

Ciao,
JediGoofy

JediTricks
03-06-2008, 04:19 PM
If you look at the Hasbro paint job, as opposed to the Galoob paint job, you'll see Hasbro seems to have recognized the issue with the fins looking too solid, their paint scheme minimizes that somewhat.