PDA

View Full Version : Ackmena - The Action Figure

Banthaholic
03-01-2008, 04:27 PM
In a story that soon will be legend, SSG member OCB started an online cause that could not be denied. After nearly 7 years of asking, this week Hasbro confirmed in 2009 Willrow Hood, the Ice Cream Maker will be part of our 3 and 3/4" collection. If nothing else this speaks of the magnitude of the voice us as collectors can have, and what took what could have passed as a joke into reality.

There is no doubt there is a mysterious Lore to the Star Wars Holiday Special. The debut of Boba Fett, the debut of Kashyyk, and a revisit to the Mos Eisley Cantina. Wuher is over worked, hasn't has a day off in months. the locals complain at the time to get a drink. Fights break out continuously, he needs some more help. Enter Ackmena. She has an aura of control, the ability to handle to worst the galaxy can throw at her, and rumor has it makes one heck of a Tom Collins.

In numerous threads Ackmena's name has come up, let us unite our voices here, in her official thread. Like OCB before, there will be a petition http://www.petitiononline.com/Ackmena/petition.html to voice our opinion.

While the drive will begin at SSG, this isn't a one site effort. Expand the message to Star Wars boards though out the galaxy.

We will not rest until our Cantina's have two bartenders. Ackmena is the answer, the question being when?

bigbarada
03-01-2008, 06:11 PM
You all might know by now that I'm by no means a supporter of the Willrow Hood action figure.

HOWEVER, I would like to see Ackmena if she was included in a Holiday Special/Ewok Special wave. But I would much rather see figures of Teek and Chukha-Trok.

Kidhuman
03-01-2008, 07:17 PM
I signed the damn thing

Beast
03-01-2008, 07:30 PM
I'd rather see everyone's favorite librarian Jocasta Nu instead.

Kidhuman
03-01-2008, 08:31 PM
Wile you're killing time waiting for her, help us out and sign he petition please. :D

Rocketboy
03-01-2008, 08:50 PM
I want an Ackmena/Jocasta Nu bikini two-pack.

El Chuxter
03-01-2008, 09:30 PM
I'd give my left arm for Ackmena, if she'd sing me a song.

jedi master sal
03-01-2008, 09:44 PM
I want an Ackmena/Jocasta Nu bikini two-pack.

Okay, THAT killed any desire I had for the accurate figures.

Banthaholic
03-02-2008, 12:12 AM
I'd rather see everyone's favorite librarian Jocasta Nu instead.

As a former member of the Jedi Council, and might be the one of the few Jedi with lines that hasn't made it into plastic form (I can only think of younglings as the others), she has to be at the top of an AOTC wave. Though let's hope when she does get made it'll be in her Jedi garb and not a metal bikini.

And for those waiting to sign the petition for just the write mood music, let's not forget our friends at StarWarsHolidaySpecial.com, which has a link to Ackmena's wonderful rendition of Goodnight But Not Goodbye here: http://www.starwarsholidayspecial.com/multimedia.htm Note, I have no affiliation with that site.

evenflow
03-02-2008, 09:58 AM
I signed it but want Teek and the Wookie family first.

2-1B
03-02-2008, 12:59 PM
Are they seriously making that Willrow Hood guy ? :rolleyes:

Sinscia Fat'o
03-02-2008, 03:25 PM
Why not! Never found Wuhler so i need someone to tend the bar!

Banthaholic
03-02-2008, 07:55 PM
I'd give my left arm for Ackmena, if she'd sing me a song.
Now that's an idea. Almost like the Star Wars weekends exclusive Cantina Band Member. Ackmena can have a base that when pushed she belts out her infamous tune.

Jargo
03-13-2008, 10:04 PM
Chalmun and Ackmena 2-pack. it'd be EU anyway so why not give us the landlord and the hostess? Make it a 3-pack and throw in Revwien the unused plant alien concept by Ron Cobb. Bit of colour and visual interest. I'm up for anything Cantina themed.

JEDIpartner
03-14-2008, 04:48 PM
Well, now that we're getting Yarna, I HAVE to support ACKMENA!!!!

Banthaholic
03-14-2008, 09:01 PM
Well, now that we're getting Yarna, I HAVE to support ACKMENA!!!!

It's hard not to support Dorothy, ummm I mean Ackmena.

By the way, rumor has it Ackmena is going to be getting the message out on her myspace page, http://www.myspace.com/ackmena still a work in progress though...:whip:

Jargo
03-14-2008, 10:24 PM
:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

though I swear if they make a holiday special figure of the guy that pours blue milk into his head I will keeeell every hasbro star wars team member in their sleep. from all the way across the atlantic ocean by sheer telekinesis. aha.:yes:

Bosskman
03-16-2008, 01:07 PM
Yeah, I want Bea Arthur, I mean Dorothy Zebornak, I mean ... Seriously, this would be freakin' sweet beyond sweet.

Old Fossil
03-16-2008, 01:38 PM
I love Maude.:love:

JON9000
03-17-2008, 05:58 PM
I cannot wait to set up my dream of the following EU scene:

"Yoda, meet Rhoda. Rhoda, Yoda."

Seriously, though, I doubt the SWHS people signed away their likenesses, hence making figures could be problematic.

Is that a tear friend?

Old Fossil
03-20-2008, 07:04 PM
Seriously, though, I doubt the SWHS people signed away their likenesses, hence making figures could be problematic.

Is that a tear friend?

Why you gotta pi$$ in our cornflakes, Jon?:cry:

JON9000
03-21-2008, 12:28 PM
Well, I tried to tell a joke before cueing the Debbie Downer music!

Jargo
03-21-2008, 03:23 PM
Ackmena and Chalmun were both drawn in the cantina office in the book 'The worlds of star wars' Explained as Ackmena asking for better shifts. Friend.

Banthaholic
04-04-2008, 10:24 PM
I have to admit, I'm not happy with the response Actionfigscom got today in regards to a Ackmena question, http://www.actionfigs.com/index.php?categoryid=12&p2_articleid=1916. Although it is worth noting, they did not say no.

Thoughts point to Dumb and Dumber and the 1 out of a million talk. Well folks, we just might to convince them to get this one.

Droid
04-05-2008, 09:50 AM
I submitted that question, and they totally didn't answer it. However, I think the fact that they didn't say, "We don't comment on if we have licenses" or "We don't have the license" means they do.

Banthaholic
04-11-2008, 07:48 PM
For those fans of Ackmena; a few weeks ago I sent off the Topps 30 Ackmena card to Ms. Arthur, and yesterday it came back signed. I'll make sure to post a pic of her sig in all it's glory in the next few days...

El Chuxter
04-11-2008, 08:36 PM
I wonder if she said, "Woah! What the hell is someone sending me this for? I'd better sign it, since this fellow's obviously insane!"

:D

Banthaholic
04-11-2008, 09:21 PM
I wonder if she said, "Woah! What the hell is someone sending me this for? I'd better sign it, since this fellow's obviously insane!"

:D

:laugh:
Yeah, I might have to agree.

Although I like to think maybe she looked at it and while in thought belted out a few lines of goodnight but not goodbye

JEDIpartner
04-21-2009, 03:26 PM
*b-u-m-p!!!!*

Mr. JabbaJohnL
04-21-2009, 04:13 PM
I think, at this point, an Ackmena figure would *b-u-m-p!!!!* this line into oblivion. :p

El Chuxter
04-21-2009, 04:26 PM
Or, more likely, the sales stratosphere. Especially if she came with Chewie's family and the DVD of the Holiday Special.

JEDIpartner
04-22-2009, 12:27 PM
If they made this an internet exclusive, I think people would bite just for the sheer camp value of it. I mean... Wilrow Hood? COME ON!!!!!

Mr. JabbaJohnL
04-22-2009, 04:26 PM
If they made this an internet exclusive, I think people would bite just for the sheer camp value of it. I mean... Wilrow Hood? COME ON!!!!!
At least Willrow Hood appeared in the actual movies, albeit for a split second (though that hasn't stopped them hundreds of times before). So, not only will he have the camp factor, but the added bonus of actually being able to fit in with other Cloud City figures. By no means do I think he's going to be a hot seller. Yarna's poor performance has me worried, and while she was clearly visible in the film in multiple places, she's just not appealing to kids or casual collectors. Maybe if Willrow has a gun or something like that then he'll have wider appeal, but still not great.

But, at the end of the day, an obscure background Rebel figure from ESB will sell way more figures than a figure based on a singing, ironically funny Bea Arthur character from the Holiday Special, which, despite its cult status, isn't nearly as widely known or seen as the films themselves. George Lucas hates the special and Hasbro has said it's off-limits (aside from Zutton, now Rachalt Hyst, since that was based on a vintage figure, and the cartoon Boba Fett, since everyone knows that's the only redeeming aspect of the show).

I'm not trying to be a downer. I'd love to see some (more) Holiday Special figures, but I think that getting your hopes up only sets you up for disappointment.