PDA

View Full Version : Do You Ever Cough Up Gooey Loogies And Play With Them Between Your Fingers Like Glue?

Tycho
03-02-2008, 05:41 PM
It's not enough for me to just hack up loogies (wet, juicy boogars you usually bring up in your mouth).

They can be sticky mucus sometimes and they aren't always easy to spit out. You shouldn't swallow them as you'll want to throw up later.

So often I take them off my tongue with my fingers. But then I can't get rid of them. I start rolling them around and playing with them in the way you play with rubber cement balls.

Does anyone else do this? When you're coughing a lot, do you sort of try to combine loogies to make bigger the biggest loogey?

I'll wash my hands before I shake yours, but this is an addictive habit.

Jedi_Kal-El
03-02-2008, 05:42 PM
Nope, can't say I've ever had that experience dude.

TeeEye7
03-02-2008, 05:59 PM
I have seen people with their brains spattered from here to there.
I have seen people decapitated.
I have seen people eviscerated (alive and dead).
I have seen piles of goo in plane crashes of what was once a person.
I have seen people in various stages of decomposition.
I have seen people burned beyond belief.
I have seen drowning victims who were pretty much jelly.
I have seen people mangled in vehicle and industrial accidents
I have seen people die in front of my eyes.
....all without affect.

But reading this thread almost made me vomit! :eek: :dead:

Jargo
03-02-2008, 06:09 PM
i was gonna say something similar. this is dredging the barrel.

Kidhuman
03-02-2008, 06:10 PM
You're sick Tycho. Whats next? The Do you eat digleberries thread?

Jedi_Kal-El
03-02-2008, 06:14 PM

Give him another day or two on that one KH.

Darth Jax
03-02-2008, 07:15 PM
Oh what one misses one they disappear from the forums for months. Although actually not much seems to have changed, except my discovery of the shift key.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
03-02-2008, 07:41 PM
Like others in this thread, I can take a lot, but mucus stuff makes me sick.

TeeEye7
03-02-2008, 08:03 PM
Like others in this thread, I can take a lot, but mucus stuff makes me sick.

This is my problem exactly! Even watching the Mucinex Booger Man makes me queasy! :blech: :cross-eye

BTW: Welcome back, Jax!

Tycho
03-02-2008, 08:09 PM
Geeze, the responses to this thread have made me laugh so hard that I coughed up some more stuff!

I think it's helping me get better.

Dingleberries? That sounds like a breakfast cereal.

Remember The Count from Seseame Street and his YouTube debut? I'd laugh so hard if he were counting Dingleberries next - if those are what I think they are!

But this thread is like a tribute to Deoxy's blow-your-nose and take-a-crap at the same time thread. How am I doing with trying to become her apprentice?

Jedi_Kal-El
03-02-2008, 08:12 PM
This is my problem exactly! Even watching the Mucinex Booger Man makes me queasy! :blech: :cross-eye

BTW: Welcome back, Jax!

Yeah, have to agree with you guys on that. Mucus is the worst part about being sick because it sticks around the longest. I myself however don't play with mine. I have a PS2 and a whole room full of toys to play with. :thumbsup:

Don't know you yet Jax, but welcome back anyway.

El Chuxter
03-02-2008, 08:38 PM
I'll admit that I've picked out boogers and snot and stuck my fingers together. But I've never played with anything that came out of my throat.

BTW, I didn't know what a "dingleberry" was until recently. We used to call my mom "Dingleberry" when we were watching Jeopardy. I jokingly called my wife that once, and she got mad. Then she explained what it meant and I saw why she got mad.

Dingleberries go great in Grape Nuts, by the way.

Tycho
03-02-2008, 09:01 PM
I'll admit that I've picked out boogers and snot and stuck my fingers together. But I've never played with anything that came out of my throat.

Actually, boogers and snot that comes up in your throat originally came from your nose (sinuses). When it drips back there, that's why you get a sore throat. This is the only reason why it is possible to cough up flegm with minute traces of Mouse Droid particles. I've made a study of this. :yes:

Meanwhile, what if I changed my screen name to "Dingleberry?" It might somehow be appropriate after this thread. But would I be allowed to use an accurate representation for my screen avatar?

DarthQuack
03-02-2008, 09:10 PM
This actually made my stomach turn.....you never cease to amaze anyone do you Tycho?

Deoxyribonucleic
03-02-2008, 09:18 PM
But this thread is like a tribute to Deoxy's blow-your-nose and take-a-crap at the same time thread. How am I doing with trying to become her apprentice?

That was "Blowing your nose and peeing at the same time." Not quite as disgusting, although, I didn't read your entire post because like TeeEye and JJL, I can't hear, read, see or think about that stuff. I'd rather hear fingernails on a chalkboard!!

:)

Tycho
03-02-2008, 09:19 PM
This actually made my stomach turn.....you never cease to amaze anyone do you Tycho?

Well many days go by while I await inspiration.

I have this cold right now. So that worked out to be the catalyst.

Don't think I get boogers this big and juicy all the time. Only on special occasions.

So yes, I have to be sick in order to start up with something like this. But at least I made something out of the opportunity.

Oh crap. I coughed one up and it hit the screen! Excuse me while I wipe this one away very carefullly. I don't want to damage my computer.

although, I didn't read your entire post because like TeeEye and JJL, I can't hear, read, see or think about that stuff.

Ah, then when I left you, I was but the Learner. Now I AM the Master!

Jedi_Kal-El
03-02-2008, 09:21 PM

This is NOTHING like Deoxy's thread. Hers made me laugh harder than I've ever laughed in my life, while this one just made me throw up in my mouth a little.

I think you need a more worthy apprentice Ox.

2-1B
03-02-2008, 09:45 PM
This is NOTHING like Deoxy's thread. Hers made me laugh harder than I've ever laughed in my life, while this one just made me throw up in my mouth a little.

Don't let Tycho get too close to that throw-up...he might try to play with it. :thumbsup:

Jedi_Kal-El
03-02-2008, 09:47 PM
Don't let Tycho get too close to that throw-up...he might try to play with it. :thumbsup:

lol Do I see a new book by Tycho titled: "Fun with bodily fluids" in the works?

Pre-Orders now available at Amazon.com

Tycho
03-02-2008, 10:00 PM
lol Do I see a new book by Tycho titled: "Fun with bodily fluids" in the works?

Pre-Orders now available at Amazon.com

Wow. I'd have to acknowledge Jedi_Kal-El for help coming up with the concept. Maybe he'd like to write the foreward?

Instead of "Prologue," maybe we'd have "Projection."

Jargo
03-03-2008, 07:14 AM
winnets:
Or: winnits , a Britishism for bits of dried feces sticking in the hair around the anus .

SYNONYMS: bum-crumbs ; bumtags ; chug-nuts ; clagnuts ; clinkers ; coco-pops ; cranberries ; dags ; dillberries ; dangleberries ; dingleberries ; fartleberries ; kling-ons ; tagnuts ; toffee-strings ; wilnuts .

Tycho
03-03-2008, 07:36 AM
Well to update you all, I've been saving a big glob of my snot, trying to see how large I can make it.

I should have started earlier and I'd have had more material, but it does make getting over my cold interesting.

Presently, I have shaped my snot into the form of a spade, like on a playing card. It looks pretty cool!

I'm not kidding, it's a perfect spade with the stem and everything.

The thing I've discovered is that loogeys might shrink when they dry, so it's difficult achieveing a huge mass. But I have it by one of my SideShow figures for a size comparison.

Tycho
03-03-2008, 12:30 PM
2nd Update: 5 hours later. This is important.

This endeavor has become a failure.

The loogie ball I made first grew cold. Like you know how you're supposed to refrigerate that slime you get out of gumball machines once you open it and start to play with it? That's what it felt like, but I wasn't refrigerating my snot at all. It just got cold on its own, and I keep my place warm. So this was unexpected.

Next, the loogie-snot does dry up. It flattens out and is losing its 3rd dimension and will soon have so height, only length and width. I should have used a cookiee sheet (but I don't have one) to lay my snot out on. As it stands, I just kept it on my oak desk, next to me. I will now have to use 409 cleaner or something to get the dried smear up once I take my smaller snotball away and stop playing with it.

I may play with it a lot less compared with the care and attention I gave it when I first hacked all its components up. It also grows stickier as it dries, and it's not as comfortable to roll around between your fingers. It dries more and flakes. That's all no good. You also want to get that dry stuff off your fingers. It's not like the snotball takes itself in its entirety everywhere it goes now. Finally, it can separate into fragments composed of the New Snot and the Old Snot. They only looked like they merged together cohesively, but in actuality, that didn't happen.

Anyway, I am disappointed with this result, as I wanted to make a snotball as large as a SideShow Star Wars figure and then show it off to everyone. I thought it would be a great achievement and then I could send my pictures off to The Drudge Report or something. I was even going to pepper spray myself to get more snot. Sadly, now we're at a point where that's just not going to work.

But I did learn a lot about the play-properties of loogie-snot from all of this. The best you might achieve is a snotball about the size of two stacks of 4 quarters ($2). That size is about right. But it's not even half the size of the 3 3/4" R2D2 figure. You might be able to achieve greater results by refridgerating your snot on cookie sheet paper, but I'd have to get some and start over to find that out. My poor loogie I've been working with isn't going to last much longer. :(

bobafrett
03-03-2008, 05:10 PM
Remind me if I ever meet you in person, not to shake your hand. I was already feeling nauseated when I got to the library today, now I wish I had a bucket sitting next to be, cause I think I'm gonna hurl!

Jedi_Kal-El
03-03-2008, 05:27 PM
Remind me if I ever meet you in person, not to shake your hand. I was already feeling nauseated when I got to the library today, now I wish I had a bucket sitting next to be, cause I think I'm gonna hurl!

*Hands Frett a trashcan*

Darth Jax
03-03-2008, 06:31 PM
Tycho, have you ever had a thought that was just toooo disgusting to share with the rest of us?

Kidhuman
03-03-2008, 06:33 PM
Leave Tycho and his lung butter thread alone.

Deoxyribonucleic
03-03-2008, 06:43 PM
Leave Tycho and his lung butter thread alone.

Blech, what a descriptive sentence that is! :beard:

El Chuxter
03-03-2008, 10:26 PM
Why am I even reading updates to this thread?

bobafrett
03-04-2008, 05:51 PM
Why am I even reading updates to this thread?

Why am I still posting in this thread (post padding me thinks, that was a much safer thread for my stomach)

Slicker
03-08-2008, 03:58 PM
I can't even lie. I do this from time to time when I can tell it's a nice, thick one.

Tycho
03-08-2008, 04:14 PM
Those are the best, Slicker. They're fun to play with and to stick on the wall, that sort of thing.

But when you get them, it IS a signal that you are getting over a sickness and coughing that stuff out. So I did.

Now I'm not getting those giant loogeys any more.

The way I see it, if you have to get sick, at least you can get exciting new crap to play with.

Slicker
03-08-2008, 04:23 PM
I usually get those ones when I first wake up. I'll get up and go to the bathroom and just honk one up. Good times. :thumbsup:

Tycho
03-08-2008, 08:18 PM
I know your situation might be different, being in crew quarters on your ship. I sleep with a vaporizer running so I can have a clear head all night and wake with one as well.

When I'm sick, it helps empty my head. Then I usually get a chance to clear those at the most inconsiderate times - such that they leave me wondering if my neighbors can hear me blowing my fog horn at 4 o'clock in the morning and I'm waking them. But when I'm sick, all I care about is getting better myself. Keeping that stuff in me and getting the painful headache that could result is not a worthy sacrafice for neighbors I haven't even met. If my illness wakes me - and life's not fair - then I'll wake them (if I have to / manage to).

The Snot Monster arises!