PDA

View Full Version : Is Senator Palpatine also Emperor Palpatine?

dr_evazan22
02-13-2002, 05:06 PM
In the Vanity Fair article the reporter asks GL if the Senator "evolves" into the Emperor. GL responds "It depends on how much your paying attention."
At face value, I think it's ridiculos, yes they are the same.
Then I think of how GL might throw a curve at us. Why not just say yes (that they're the same)? I don't think that would have been a major plot point or spoiler.
Could Darth Sidiuos have cloned himself? Would DS be able to create a clone with enough intelligence to be a politican and still retain control?
What got me thinking about this, other than the article, are the pic's of the Palpatine action figure w/ the liver spots.
What are your opinions?

2-1B
02-13-2002, 05:33 PM
Maybe George is implying that Palps is evil and manipulative the whole time? Instead of "evolving" into the Emperor, perhaps it's really the other characters' perceptions and understandings of him that "evolve".

I have yet to read this article, so I am curious to see the entire context. :)

Co Jo-Da
02-13-2002, 05:54 PM
Originally posted by Caesar
Maybe George is implying that Palps is evil and manipulative the whole time?

I agree, Palpatine may never call him-self or allow anyone to call him Emperor (until A New Hope). But than again does it matter, Palpatine will take control of the entire Universe. With millions and millions of CloneTroopers/StormTroopers and Darth Vader, would you dare appose him? I didn't think so...:D

SithDroid
02-13-2002, 05:56 PM
I haven't read the article, but if you look at the way it is phrased. You said he said Senator. Remember he is now a Chancellor and perhaps that is what GL was talking about, as if the interviewer didn't realize that he is now the Chancellor and hasn't been paying attention to the story hence the quote.

Jargo
02-13-2002, 05:57 PM
it's just george the nerdy geeky film school kid coming out and trying to be clever. How many Palpatine's are there played by Ian McDiarmid for Pity's sake! George just shut up already and get the damn film out on time you bozo!!!!!!! :crazed:

Darth Ovori
02-14-2002, 10:32 AM
The Senator is a clone with no Force powers, just a puppet for the Emperor...

Thats why at Qui-Gon's funeral, Yoda was unable to sence the dark force inside the senator...

General Veers
02-14-2002, 06:50 PM
Good Point Darth Ovori.:eek:

Jedi Clint
02-14-2002, 07:32 PM
Sidious and Palpatine are one in the same person.

2-1B
02-14-2002, 07:38 PM
I agree, Jedi Clint. Yoda was unable to sense Palps' evil because
a) Lucas needed him to be covert whilst gaining power
b) "hard to see, the dark side is"

How would such a theory jive with Palpatine's Naboo history? It is not as if he came out of nowhere, he has a past that people like Bibble, Amidala, etc. are aware of. His clone would have to be pretty old to pull that off.

Darth Ovori
02-14-2002, 08:00 PM
Clones can have thier aging progress threw the hibernation tanks...???

In other words says who that clones have to all be kids and age like us... ???
Some can have thier growths accelerated in the tanks... ???

If yoda can feel the darkness in a young boy as Anakin, then please explain why he can't feel the disturbance in Palpatine... ???

And buy the way, Emperor Palpatine Looks much older and speaks like an older man than the senator...

Could have been a master plan for a long, long time... ???

Hmmm... ??? (Sorry I love my ??? ;) )

I still reckon its clones within the Palpatines...

Maybe he started the technology with a experiment with himself.... ???

2-1B
02-14-2002, 08:07 PM
Originally posted by Darth Ovori

If yoda can feel the darkness in a young boy as Anakin, then please explain why he can't feel the disturbance in Palpatine... ???

My theory is that Anakin has not yet embraced the dark side, so his feelings are easily interpreted. Palps, however, has knowledge of the dark side and is able to shield his true identity.

I'm looking forward to the revelations of the next two films. :)

Darth Ovori
02-14-2002, 08:27 PM
Ditto that Caesar... Can't wait either... I'm sure the answer to this riddle will only be answered in EIII ...

dr_evazan22
02-14-2002, 09:41 PM
What Yoda sensed in Anakin was fear, which leads to the dark side. He had not yet chosen the quick and easy path. Its thru fear, and the inability to control it, that could/would lead to using the Force in dark side ways of attack.

As for Palpy, I belive that the Senator/Chancellor is some kind of a clone. But, if it turns out that they are one and the same, then the reason that the Jedi's aren't able to feel Palpy's Force-sensitivity is because that he has pulled his "presence" in to himself. There are 2 examples that I can think of from the OT.

The first was in Cloud City after DV sent LS out the window. LS started walking into the room, where DV surprised Luke.

The second was in ROTJ, when they were approaching Endor, getting clearance to lower the shield. DV was sensing Luke, and Luke looked like he was trying to hide, to pull his presence in.

Fixer
02-15-2002, 08:13 AM
If Senator/Chancellor Palpatine is a clone of Sidious, why doesn't he have Force power/sensitivity? Since midichlorians exist (unfortunately), wouldn't they be cloned too? Everything we've seen so far intimates that Force ability is something inherited, therefore part of the genetic code.

I'm still of a mind that Palpy & Sidious are one and the same, but I admit that George's new statement there gives pause to reconsider.

Rollo Tomassi
02-15-2002, 08:44 AM
I subscribe to the "George is a loon and doesn't know what he's talking about anymore" theory.

Palpatine IS Sidious.

Darth Ovori
02-15-2002, 10:20 AM
Well I thought in ROTJ, Vader knew luke was there, thats why he letted him land in Endor... And knew that Luke would have meet up with him late on Endor...

Sorry but that theory leaves some gaps...
I still believe that they can sense the force of others... Example... When Obi-Wan was in the Death Star in ANH, Vader already fealt something before he even confronted him... The force is strong...

dr_evazan22
02-15-2002, 02:20 PM
Obi-Wan chose not to attempt to try concealing himself thru the Force. He felt Vader there as well, and he knew that a sacrifice was needed if the Falcon was going to escape.

As for my theory of Luke in ROTJ, I think that he failed in concealing himself. I do agree with you that Vader knew that he and Luke would meet again. But Vader seemed a littled confused when Palpy told him that Luke would seek him out though.

Another thought that just came to me: If Palpy has such strong Force potential, why was he not "identified" as such when he was born and taken by the Jedi to be trained?

Rollo Tomassi
02-15-2002, 04:25 PM
Somebody suggested that Palpy "washed out" of the Jedi program and joined the Agri Corps. He was sent to Naboo (which looks like it could be a fairly agricultural based planet) where the Sith grabbed him and started his Dark Art training...

El Chuxter
02-18-2002, 12:28 PM
Intriguing theory, Rollo. I don't know about it, though. I'd think the Jedi Council would be wary of a onetime Jedi trainee who broke from the Agri-Corps.

I think whoever the previous master was found Palpy and trained him in the ways of the Sith. The Senator/Chancellor could possibly be a clone, but I think the seeming rapid aging is because of the ravages of the Dark Side. (This was mentioned in Dark Empire.) I don't think it's necessary to have two Sidiouses running around for him to become Emperor, and could even be counterproductive. If a clone decided to get rid of the original, what's Sid's guarantee he can't? Sid seems to play it safe quite a bit, and I don't think he'd jeopardize his plans in that way.

Rollo Tomassi
02-18-2002, 02:59 PM
It depends on close the Jedi keep tabs on Agri Corp members. Whose to say Palp wasn't fulfilling his Agri Corp duties and simultaneously learning the Dark Arts? Also, as is customary on Naboo, Palpatine entered politics at a young age. They mention in Cloak of Deception that it was odd (for a Naboo, anyway) for Palpatine to remain political seeing as how he was so old. Most Naboo get out of politics by their mid twenties. So the Sith lord got a hold of a disgruntled Palpatine (after all, he didn't pass muster as a Jedi padawan) and got him involved in Naboo politics as a means to the Sith's ultimate goal: Conquer the Republic and destroy the Jedi.

I like to believe that the Sith had a master plan that they knew couldn't be accomplished in one lifetime, so each Master/Apprentice relatioship was focused on one particular goal I.E. currying the Trade Federation might have been settled one or more Sith ago, and that relationship was in place by the time Palpatine and his Master came into it, so then Palp's Master has the job of training HIS apprentice (Sidious) in politics and ensuring that he would have a powerful place INSIDE the govt. Sidious' ascension to power was the product of decades and centuries of meticulous planning by the Sith.

Darth Ovori
02-19-2002, 07:46 PM
Hmmm... Who was Palpatine master... ???

Rollo Tomassi
02-19-2002, 08:13 PM
Originally posted by Darth Ovori
Hmmm... Who was Palpatine master... ???

THAT is an interesting story waiting to be told. Not only who was he, but what happened to him and how did Sidious find Maul?

El Chuxter
02-19-2002, 10:15 PM
Originally posted by Rollo Tomassi
how did Sidious find Maul?

The E1 Journal: Darth Maul tells a very small bit about Maul being taken from his parents as an infant on Iridonia, but that's about all I know of. Both of your questions are ones I'd like to see answers to, though we'll probably have to wait until at least 2006. :)

Rollo Tomassi
02-20-2002, 01:22 PM
Well here's an interesting topic being started. Maul was taken from his parents when he was very small, you say? Was he taken by Sidious? And if Sidious took him does that mean, that Sidious' master was out of the picture? Or does the apprentice start looking for HIS future apprentice before the Master retires/dies. Does the apprentice KILL his master in order to ascend the throne. Vader seemed to imply as much when trying to convince Luke to join him in ruling the galaxy. But the Vader/Sidious relationship might be a special case.

SO we've got Sidious who's in his 50's. And Maul who could be anywhere between 18 and 30 (it's so hard to tell Iridonian Zabrak's ages...especialy with facial tats;) ) so we'll round to 25. If Sidious took Maul when he was a baby, he was in his mid-20's himself. And If he didn't start his Sith training until after age 13 (the Agri Corp theory) then Sidious only had 12 years of Sith training. From the time he was 13 until his Master "died" and he took Maul when he was 25.

I don't buy it.

So was his master still alive when he grabbed Maul, or was he trained from infancy like Maul was. And if that's the case, it comes back to the orignal question, how come the Jedi didn't recognize the foul Dark Side emanating from him at QG's funeral pyre?

This will take some more thought.

Darth Ovori
02-20-2002, 02:02 PM
Hmmm... My theory comes back to thought... That Palpatine is much older than what we think... is 800 years... maybe with the power of the dark side of the force the Emperor could even be more than 100 years older... Or maybe his Senator clone is the young one... ???

JediTricks
02-21-2002, 03:39 AM
How come the Jedi didn't sense the Dark Side eminating from Maul in the Tatooine desert or the Theed hangar? My theory is because Jedi can't sense other Jedi unless they have some personal connection to them. In ESB, Palpatine and Vader sense Luke's entering of the Force, but that could be from his training awakening a new Force user, or it could be all the stuff he's doing. Later, Vader and Luke fight and Luke doesn't sense Vader's attacks after they leave the carbon freeze chamber. In ROTJ, Vader senses Luke's presence on Endor but Palpatine doesn't, he even questions his apprentice on this. In ANH, Vader senses Obi-Wan and after he kills him, he doesn't seem to notice Luke only 25 meters behind him. Later, in the trench battle, Vader only senses Luke's strength with the Force when Obi-Wan's spirit visits Luke in the X-wing's cockpit.

I don't think Jedi can "sense" each other, I don't think that's a Force-rule.

To me, there's never been a question that Sidious and Palpatine are the same character.

Fixer
02-21-2002, 08:19 AM
My theory is because Jedi can't sense other Jedi unless they have some personal connection to them.

This raises the question - what did Obi-Wan sense at the beginning of TPM - that "something elsewhere, elusive," he tells Qui-Gon? Is it the Sith? Is it Anakin? If either, then Obi-Wan doesn't have a personal connection with them (yet). However, Anakin is "surrounded" by a Vergence in the Force, and this may be detectable by any Force sensitive - like the cave on Dagobah was detectable by Luke. My theory is that a devotee of the Dark Side can "cloak" his presence in the Force - something that Jedi either have no reason to do, or don't do because it is taboo. Yoda certainly alludes to this when he states "hard to see, the Dark Side is." Which also helps explain why Palpatine can stand in the middle of half the Jedi Council and not be detected. Of course in the OT, Yoda may be cloaking himself on Dagobah - desperate times call for desperate measures.

As for the Obi-Wan/Luke issue, my feeling - and we should trust our feelings right? :) - is that Obi-Wan's presence overshadowed Luke's. Plus, Luke was just taking his first steps into that much larger world, so his Force emanations were probably small. Obi-Wan might have been shielding him, as well. In the trench, the combination of Obi-Wan's spiritual presence and Luke's concerted effort to tap into the Force finally registered on Vader's "Force radar." After that, the Father/Son link (they do share midichlorians, after all :rolleyes: ) allowed Vader to tap into Luke when he was near, but Vader was able to cloak his presence.

rdrunr89
02-21-2002, 09:36 AM
As far as Yoda "cloaking" himself on Dagobah, my feeling on that is that the Dark Side cave could've actually cloaked him. The other thing is that Luke couldn't land his X-wing but had to pretty much crash it in. Although, this could be because he wasn't fully in tune with the Force at this time.

I have to agree with Fixer that Obi-Wan's presence may have cloaked Luke inside the Death Star. However, another thing may be that Vader only knew of Obi-Wan's existance at this time and figured he was the last of the Jedi, therefore, no reason to try to detect another. He had Leia standing right next to him but did not detect the Force in here afterall. In fact, he never did, even when they were close on Endor, or in Bespin.

The Emperor knew of Yoda at least in the novels of the OT. In ROTJ book, he asks Luke about Yoda and says "Lives he still?" in a mocking way of how Yoda talked. This could also prove that Emperor Palpatine and Senator Palpatine are one in the same. And since these are EU books, good ol' George has to go along with this, right??:D

Darth Ovori
02-21-2002, 10:21 AM
Well, Palpatine knew that Luke was on Endor, as knew that Vader would of brought him forward to him...

Vader had already sense Luke in ANH, during the final Deathstar chase... And in ESB, Vader felt lukes presence in the Falcon after being rescued in Bespin...

Lets not forget how Leia felt Lukes presence when she turned around the falcon to go back to Bespin city to find him...

And finally, Well the rebels were entering Endor Luke knew that Vader was on the Super Star Destroyer...

2-1B
02-21-2002, 10:34 AM
Originally posted by Caesar
I have yet to read this article, so I am curious to see the entire context. :)

I finally read the article :)

Just before the question of Palpatine is raised, the writer quotes George's description of Dooku as a disenchanted Jedi leading a separatist movement. Lucas' reaction to the question of whether Dooku is a bad guy in the film was, "Mmmm . . . I don't know. Depends on your point of view."

rdrunr89
02-21-2002, 10:35 AM
I think the Emperor was winging it. Because Vader went to the Emperor and told him that a small band of Rebels have landed on Endor, to which the Emperor said I know. Vader mentioned "my son is with them". The Emperor stated "Strange that I have not felt him. Are you sure your feelings are clear on this matter?" Vader said "Yes" and thats when the Emperor said "then you must go to the sanctuary moon and wait for him...He will come to you and then you will bring him before me"

Fixer
02-21-2002, 10:46 AM
Originally posted by rdrunr89
The Emperor stated "Strange that I have not felt him. Are you sure your feelings are clear on this matter?"

Well, crap, I had forgotten that line. Maybe Luke had learned rudimentary Force hiding abilities between ESB and ROTJ (he seemed to learn an awful lot in that short time period, no?) enough to escape notice of the Emperor, whose thoughts were filled with crushing the Rebellion, but not enough to avoid detection by Vader due to their special familial link. Hey, I'm winging it too.

Darth Ovori
02-21-2002, 10:51 AM
The Emperor could of been playing mind games with Vader... Knowing that Vader's thoughts were with his son and not with the crushing of the Rebels!!!

rdrunr89
02-21-2002, 10:57 AM
Good Point, DO. Maybe the Emperor was still testing Vader to see if Vader was going to bring Luke to the Dark Side to be his apprentice and then overthrow the Emperor. Perhaps he was remember what he did to his master when he took Maul on as an apprentice and didn't want the same thing to happen.

"What goes around comes around":D

Rollo Tomassi
02-21-2002, 12:22 PM
There had been a lull in the force for so long, due to the lack of Jedi in the galaxy, that when Luke turned on his force groove thang, Vader and Sidious felt it. Imagine a pond. It lays absolutely still for decades. Then someone drops a very small rock in it. You would notice the ripples even if it wasn't a very big rock.

JediTricks
02-22-2002, 12:14 AM
Obi-Wan's Ep 1 line about "elsewhere, elusive" is really vague and could simply be his clouded vision of the future events, I think it'd be really stretching to prove any bearing on this issue.

About Obi-Wan overshadowing Luke's presence in the Death Star, how do you explain Vader's distraction AFTER Obi-Wan is dead? This is where Vader should be looking, not poking around an empty robe.

I don't buy this "cloaking" thing, it seems like a convenience to fit another convenience.

As for the ROTJ novel, it has Obi-Wan and Owen Lars being brothers, so I think we can write off anything said in the novels. ;)

With ROTJ, rdrunr89's quote of the lines shows it, but the delivery sells it - the Emperor seems genuinely surprised by Vader's news. Palpatine could have learned of the rebel landing from Piett reporting the shuttle or something less esoteric than the Force, but he seems shocked that Vader knows of Luke's arrival.

Rollo, that's what I think too, Luke hadn't trained in the ways of the Force in several years until he landed on Dagobah, those 2 Force-users were basically the only ones out there.

2-1B
02-22-2002, 01:03 AM
Originally posted by JediTricks
Luke hadn't trained in the ways of the Force in several years until he landed on Dagobah,

I always assumed that he had some sort of training because he was able to Force lift his saber hilt from the floor of the Wampa's cave. Or do you mean "formal" training? I wonder if Ben appeared to him before Hoth? Even if only to offer minimal guidance?

Darth Ovori
02-22-2002, 08:16 AM
If the emperor did'nt feel Luke's presence, that his not all that mighty to have mastered the takeover in Episode 1 & 2... And also I then he is'nt all that to powerfull to have had his dark side hidden at Qui-gons funeral... ???

JediTricks
02-23-2002, 12:50 AM
Caesar, I don't think Luke had any training once Obi-Wan died - where would he have gotten it? He may have practiced what he had learned from Obi-Wan, but other than that, Luke seems to have had no new Force knowledge between Obi-Wan's death and Yoda's teachings.

rdrunr89
02-23-2002, 11:19 AM
Maybe he got it from reading the book at Obi-Wan's place. After all thats how he learned to build his new saber. Remember "Shadows of the Empire". :D

by the way, i'm being sarcastic. :crazed:

As for Vader poking around in Kenobi's robe in ANH, I think that was done because Kenobi vanished and I'll bet that even Anakin had never seen a Jedi do that (Qui-Gon never vanished) so he didn't get it, even as Vader.

2-1B
02-23-2002, 11:44 AM
Originally posted by JediTricks
Caesar, I don't think Luke had any training once Obi-Wan died - where would he have gotten it? He may have practiced what he had learned from Obi-Wan, but other than that, Luke seems to have had no new Force knowledge between Obi-Wan's death and Yoda's teachings.

That's what I always assumed too, that he had continued to practice and tune his skills. But wouldn't it be dangerous to do so without guidance? That's why I am curious about Obi-Wan's appearance to him on Hoth. Was it the first time he had contact with him after Obi-Wan told him "the force will be with you, always" following the Death Star victory? I thought it might be possible that Obi-Wan would speak to him from time to time, mentoring him.

I wonder why it took that long to send Luke to Dagobah. Of course, it works well in telling the stories of ANH and ESB - and if that's the main reason I'm fine with it. But I'm just curious as to how these issues fit into broader storyline. :)

dr_evazan22
02-23-2002, 02:15 PM
Maybe Luke spent the 3 years between ANH and ESB practicing "feeling" and "sensing" (basically meditating) the Force, as Obi taught Luke on the Falcon.

In the Wampa cave on Hoth the Force might've been "controlling" Luke's actions, by implanting the knowledge/instinct to levitate objects. It could be that luke had mastered the art of feeling the Force, and the levitation was the next skill.

Or it could be that for a moment Luke succumbed to the Dark Side and used the quick and easy powers to move the saber.

On different note, the theory of needing some kind of personal connection to sense someone in the Force. Luke couldn't sense the Force in Yoda at their first meeting on Dag. Luke wasn't a full Jedi though.

starwars92590
02-24-2002, 08:46 PM
Where have you been! Of cource he is!

Tycho
03-25-2002, 09:35 PM
I just figured it out with my infamous friend Doug (Steingrabber)!

Palpatine is probably an aged, old Sith Lord masterminding this from his firery lair in the bowels of Coruscant's molten core (deep in the pit of Hell).

He has manufactured the perfect Clone of himself, and THAT CLONE masquerades as Darth Sidious as well. Nothing can be traced to the real Sith Lord we know as "Emperor Palpatine."

While the Clone encourages Yoda to take control of Kaminos Clones, a renegade Jedi Count Dooku is ripping apart the Republic in Civil War, and that same Dooku goades Obi-Wan to destroy the Sith - he TELLS Obi-Wan that Palpatine is the Sith Master. (While Dooku really is the Sith Lord Tyrannus now).

The other Jedi won't believe Obi-Wan about Palpatine, or they will because Dooku will be found to be a Sith Lord in reality, but Obi-Wan will set out to destroy Palpatine anyway!

Meanwhile, the Chancellor Clone will feed Anakin's ego and insinuate that the Jedi are bad and they won't let him love or tend to his girlfriend or mother - his only family. He may learn the truth about Dooku being his father, and irregardless, if Dooku is not, it wont' affect this theory.

But Palpatine will ask Anakin to become his protector, and then Obi-Wan, a Jedi Anakin is already angry with, will arrive to try and kill the Chancellor, proclaiming he's a Sith Lord!

The Duel in the Lava!

Palpatine is then killed by Obi-Wan, and the Jedi are blamed for starting the Clone Wars, trying to take over with these armies, and assasinating the Chancellor!

But it's a miracle: the Chancellor actually survived his terrible wounds ! - and must make the saddest decision of his career - he must order the extermination of the Jedi Knights!

It's a perfect set-up! WOW!!!!

Tycho
03-25-2002, 09:41 PM
Whoops I started a new thread before I saw this one!

Here is my post copied, so all subscribed to this thread can see.

I changed my opinion. I now DO think Palpatine is a Clone of Darth Sidious!

Here's why!

I just figured it out with my infamous friend Doug (Steingrabber)!

Palpatine is probably an aged, old Sith Lord masterminding this from his firery lair in the bowels of Coruscant's molten core (deep in the pit of Hell).

He has manufactured the perfect Clone of himself, and THAT CLONE masquerades as Darth Sidious as well. Nothing can be traced to the real Sith Lord we know as "Emperor Palpatine."

While the Clone encourages Yoda to take control of Kaminos Clones, a renegade Jedi Count Dooku is ripping apart the Republic in Civil War, and that same Dooku goades Obi-Wan to destroy the Sith - he TELLS Obi-Wan that Palpatine is the Sith Master. (While Dooku really is the Sith Lord Tyrannus now).

The other Jedi won't believe Obi-Wan about Palpatine, or they will because Dooku will be found to be a Sith Lord in reality, but Obi-Wan will set out to destroy Palpatine anyway!

Meanwhile, the Chancellor Clone will feed Anakin's ego and insinuate that the Jedi are bad and they won't let him love or tend to his girlfriend or mother - his only family. He may learn the truth about Dooku being his father, and irregardless, if Dooku is not, it wont' affect this theory.

But Palpatine will ask Anakin to become his protector, and then Obi-Wan, a Jedi Anakin is already angry with, will arrive to try and kill the Chancellor, proclaiming he's a Sith Lord!

The Duel in the Lava!

Palpatine is then killed by Obi-Wan, and the Jedi are blamed for starting the Clone Wars, trying to take over with these armies, and assasinating the Chancellor!

But it's a miracle: the Chancellor actually survived his terrible wounds ! - and must make the saddest decision of his career - he must order the extermination of the Jedi Knights!

It's a perfect set-up! WOW!!!!

2-1B
03-26-2002, 12:29 AM
Will Anakin learn that Palpatine is a clone? It would be cheap for a clone of the real Palpatine to be massaging Anakin's ego with lines about how anakin will become the greatest of all Jedi knights.

I can't buy the clone theory. Too cheesy. But if the story unfolds that way, so be it . . . I will give credit to those who predicted it. :)

Rollo Tomassi
03-26-2002, 08:03 AM
Why that sneaky, evil, manipulative....THAT PALPATINE IS A BAD'UN!!:mad:

Wheels within wheels, people.

Still. There is no clone.

JediTricks
03-27-2002, 01:46 AM
Yeah, Sidious is a clone of Palpatine and Vader is a clone of Anakin!!! It all makes sense now... :crazed:

Tycho
03-27-2002, 03:44 AM
I would regret some of this revelation because it cheapens Palpatine.

I'd rather have him be one and the same so his double-meaning remarks in TPM carry their full weight ("I will be Chancellor")

It is also cool that he can hide his Sith Force Powers from all the Jedi even when he is on the same ship with them.

I'm thinking about taking back that thread that Palpatine is a clone.

I'm liking it less and less the more I think about it.

In fact, I'm thinking that I didn't actually post that.

I may have been cloned, and my evil clone has access to this website and all of my passcodes!

Tycho
03-27-2002, 03:46 AM
Yeah. I'm now not liking this theory.

I want to take it back.

My own evil Clone must have posted it!

Rollo Tomassi
03-27-2002, 02:30 PM
All Clone Palpatine/Clone Sidious theories are icky.