PDA

View Full Version : Luminara is SICK !

pinoysith
02-13-2002, 05:09 PM
This looks like one of the best figs in the AOTC line !

PloKoon566
02-13-2002, 05:44 PM
I agree. i finsihed reading the approaching storm and she was awesome.

SithDroid
02-13-2002, 05:59 PM
I agree. Looks awesome.

Beast
02-13-2002, 06:23 PM
Agreed, the figure and the charecter is Mooie Mooie Bombad. :D

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Jargo
02-13-2002, 06:52 PM
Am I missing something or is 'SICK!' now parlance or 'street' language for cool? Gosh how clever...

I will concede after banging my head on the desk in sheer frustration at the bastardisation of the English language, that Luminara does indeed look fairly handsome as a character. i haven't yet seen any references to her character other than the little I've read about her force abilities. Double jointed eh? that should get the emaciated fanboy brigade all worked up into a frenzy of trembles and sweaty palms............ :rolleyes:

PloKoon2385
02-13-2002, 07:07 PM
Muy Bueno! I think she is one of my favorites that I have seen. The detail is magnificent! I think SICK is supposed to be SLICK.

Lord Tenebrous
02-13-2002, 07:13 PM
Am I missing something or is 'SICK!' now parlance or 'street' language for cool?

Nope, sick still means sick to everybody but a few misguided middle schoolers. :D

I still think that Luminara in this particular pose would have been more practical in wire-enhanced soft goods. But she does look good, definately worth getting. Not really a children's toy though...more like something you see in a world history classroom.

PloKoon2385
02-13-2002, 07:15 PM
I agree PloKoon566, she was really cool in Approaching Storm, I also liked Bariss Offee.

GNT
02-13-2002, 11:48 PM
Luminara is diffently one of the cooler Jedi,Not as good as Yoda,Mace or Plo but ivery interesting :)

Sliver FBI
02-13-2002, 11:51 PM
Shes one of the most pre- posed figures Ive seen, but she looks great!

Wolfwood319
02-14-2002, 01:06 AM
She is definately a 1 pose wonder, but looks good anyway. I noticed that only some of the Jedi's lightsabers have the new blade look, and some have the old. Anyone else notice this?

hairless chewie
02-14-2002, 01:11 AM
she looks like a sith... is she??? I can't wait until Vader gets to cut down all these lame Jedi!!

Beast
02-14-2002, 01:17 AM
Originally posted by hairless chewie
she looks like a sith... is she??? I can't wait until Vader gets to cut down all these lame Jedi!!

Yoda: Always two there are, no more, no less.
Nope, she's not a sith....since we have our two sith charecters already. But I don't think after AOTC's Arena Battle there will be all that many jedi's remaining for Vader to purge. :D

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

hairless chewie
02-14-2002, 01:27 AM
OK, Palpatine=Sith=Darth Sidious
then Dooku=Sith=Darth Tyrannus
both are sith lords, right? I understand that Palpy's apprentice was/is/will be Maul/anakin/Vader, but what about Dooku's, where or who is he?

Beast
02-14-2002, 01:35 AM
OK, Palpatine=Sith=Darth Sidious
then Dooku=Sith=Darth Tyrannus
both are sith lords, right? I understand that Palpy's apprentice was/is/will be Maul/anakin/Vader, but what about Dooku's, where or who is he?

Dooku doesn't have an apprentice, there can only be two sith at any time. That includes apprentices as well. Dooku can be considered an apprentice to Sidious in this sense, since Sidious is in charge. Sidious/Palpatine will therefor probably pull the exact same thing in Episode III that he will do in ROTJ to Luke. For Anakin to become the new Sith Apprentice he has to kill Dooku. But unlike Luke who didn't kill vader and take his father's place at the Emporer's side, Anakin will off Dooku, allowing him to move into the spot of the new Sith Apprentice.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

hairless chewie
02-14-2002, 01:41 AM
wasn't Dooku around when Palpy had Maul???
why only 2 sith and legions of Jedi??
more questions, eh???

GNT
02-14-2002, 01:44 AM
Originally posted by JarJarBinks
Dooku doesn't have an apprentice

Dooku's apprentice was Qui Gon(a while before EP1) who was killed in EP1,Dooku left because of Qui Gons death and became one with the Sith

GNT
02-14-2002, 01:47 AM
wasn't Dooku around when Palpy had Maul???
why only 2 sith and legions of Jedi??
more questions, eh???

He was but he was good then,left when Qui Gon died he left and turned to the dark side:)

All the sith want to be the number 1 Sith Master so they have to kill each other to become the no. "1" sith Master so they have to eleminate all the other sith to get to that place.

So if Maul had lived past EP1 he would have killed Palpatine at one stage and taken the number 1 spot and he would have recruited an apprentice which in turn would kill him later and so on! Thats the way it works.

Beast
02-14-2002, 01:55 AM
Originally posted by GNT
He was but he was good then,left when Qui Gon died he left and turned to the dark side:)
All the sith want to be the number 1 Sith Master so they have to kill each other to become the no. "1" sith Master so they have to eleminate all the other sith to get to that place.
So if Maul had lived past EP1 he would have killed Palpatine at one stage and taken the number 1 spot and he would have recruited an apprentice which in turn would kill him later and so on! Thats the way it works.
Which is exactly why Anakin realy did bring balance to the force, from a certain point of view. He balanced out the numbers...at the start of Episode IV there are only 2 Jedis: (Obi-Wan Kenobi and Yoda) and 2 Siths: (Darth Sidious/Emporer Palpatine and Darth Vader). Aslong as you, just like Lucas don't take into account most of the Expanded Universe stuff. :D

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

hairless chewie
02-14-2002, 02:09 AM
I should have known that but I'm trying to keep the spoilers down to a minimum, at least with the storyline. Thanks for the insight though.

IcebergSlim
02-15-2002, 08:19 AM
Originally posted by EMPEROR JARGO
Am I missing something or is 'SICK!' now parlance or 'street' language for cool? Gosh how clever...

I will concede after banging my head on the desk in sheer frustration at the bastardisation of the English language,

What are you, a 50 year old hermit? Or you're from the UK. Either way, welcome to the 21st century.

JEDIpartner
02-15-2002, 09:28 AM
Not buying her until we get one without her doing her little STEVIE NICKS impersonation. Really nicely done, but has no purpose with this pose in my collection.

JetsAndHeels
02-15-2002, 09:34 AM
Hey JediPartnr, maybe they could put her in a Fleetwood Mac box set.
The whole band, plus Luminara.

Jargo
02-15-2002, 09:54 AM
Originally posted by IcebergSlim

What are you, a 50 year old hermit? Or you're from the UK. Either way, welcome to the 21st century.

AHAHa ha h............................. :dead:

sith_killer_99
02-16-2002, 06:40 PM
hehehe:D

sith_killer_99
02-16-2002, 06:41 PM
Looks like someone's having a little fun with the English chap.;)