PDA

View Full Version : On duty with Commander Praji...

jedibear
03-04-2008, 11:50 AM
Hot on the heels on Ilum Mission Padme...it's looking like this Imperial Officer is almost here....

http://sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=30721

Roy Starkiller, a freaks forum member who lives in Taiwan, already has his figure and has posted some shots.

Looks like the single flap box may be standard now...he's packed with his accessories in the same tray ala Sid and Palps...he looks good (especially like the cloth hat)...

Notices should start showing soon...

decadentdave
03-04-2008, 12:12 PM
Looks much better than the pre-order pics or that atrocious Ilum Padme but it's an easy pass. Not a desirable figure. I'm sticking to essential characters only from now on.

I would definitely remove the sidearm holster from the belt. That thing is horrid. Would look much better without it. He could also use some leather Newline jackboots instead of the fakey looking plastic boots. Looks much better with the cloth hat. The plastic cap looks like Hasblo.

JediTricks
03-04-2008, 08:42 PM
Man, that face looks awful, no wonder Sideshow tried to hide this one.

Jayspawn
03-06-2008, 11:22 AM
I'm looking forward to it. I would have liked Admiral Piett or Moff Tarkin instead. But I'll get one.

sergiurusu
03-06-2008, 01:16 PM
I might get Praji later since I love Imperials :)

jedibear
03-08-2008, 11:09 AM
I'm looking forward to it. I would have liked Admiral Piett or Moff Tarkin instead. But I'll get one.

Moff Tarkin would be great, especially sculpted by the guy that worked on Old Ben...

Blue2th
03-20-2008, 12:28 AM
Just got a notification, this guy is being processed. Gee, I just put my name on the wait-list. Didn't think I'd get one. Now it's like, be careful what you wish for. Don't know if I really want one now. Guess I better make up my mind before he ships.

Jayspawn
03-20-2008, 06:17 PM
Mine has shipped! Actually exceited about this one.

AmanaMatt
03-23-2008, 02:48 PM
I am pretty pumped for this. He has a pretty low Edition Size (ES) and look pretty cool next to Vader....

Blue2th
03-23-2008, 02:57 PM
Yeah this one looks pretty good. Decided to not cancel. He might go good or outshine by miles my 12" Hasbro Deathstar Commander. Besides if I don't like him, it doesn't look like there will be a whole lot of him on the secondary market just in case. (can't say that for my tons of 12" Hasbro figs)
I haven't been too dissapointed with any of my SS stuff and haven't sold any of it, so I'm in for Praji :thumbsup:

Jayspawn
03-23-2008, 05:17 PM
The 12" Imperial Officer was one of Hasbro's best I still think. The extra officers cap is a real bonus.

jedibear
03-28-2008, 12:11 PM
Just got the "now processing" notice...

Blue2th
03-28-2008, 01:40 PM
Just got my "now processing" too.

AmanaMatt
03-29-2008, 03:24 PM
I should have mine in a week..... I am pumped for this one, actually!

Bosskman
04-02-2008, 04:33 AM
Got my email from FedEx....

Jayspawn
04-03-2008, 11:39 AM
Havnt recieved my shipping notice yet -but the CC got hit!

Darth Cruel
04-04-2008, 12:15 PM
This is an awesome figure.

http://i199.photobucket.com/albums/aa129/DarthCruel/DSC04359a.jpg

Blue2th
04-04-2008, 04:50 PM
This is an awesome figure.

http://i199.photobucket.com/albums/aa129/DarthCruel/DSC04359a.jpg
That does look pretty dang good.
I don't remember a 12' Blackhole Trooper, where's that from? Custom?

Just got my shipping notice btw.

jedibear
04-05-2008, 01:04 AM
Nice shot, Darth Cruel...

Praji shows up here in my neck of the woods next week.

His uniform looks nice and crisp and the sculpt, while not looking like that officer informing Vader "...no life forms were aboard.", is still strong with great paint apps judging from your picture.

Got my old Hasbro Imperial Officer out for a quick look n' shot in anticipation. This one hold up pretty well, I think....

Darth Cruel
04-05-2008, 06:06 AM
I don't remember a 12' Blackhole Trooper, where's that from? Custom?

Medicom did a release of them. I really like the figure, I have always like the Stormtroopers better in black armor. And I hope Sideshow does them as well. The Medicom ones are very well-done, but I really believe Sideshow's would be better. Just because of the improvements that are constantly happening in the industry.

Edit - By the way, I did swap out the blaster on the S/BH Trooper...Medicom's really was my least favorite between Sideshow's, Hasbro's newer ones, and Medicom's. So I used one of Sideshow's.

Bosskman
04-06-2008, 02:25 PM
Got mine, he's pretty damn good but those cylinders could get lost awful easily...

Jayspawn
04-06-2008, 11:11 PM
Might take the cylinders out of mine just to be safe -should arrive in a few days.

sergiurusu
04-07-2008, 01:28 PM
Decided to buy a Praji too. :) This would be my first Sideshow figure (excepting Maul's Sith Probe Droids and Premium Format Vader). I love Imperials and finally decided to drop my cash on this until it's too late. Now I can't wait to get him.

jedibear
04-08-2008, 01:23 PM
Commander Praji has reported for duty up north...

He looks pretty good. Great paint apps, good, tight tailoring on his uniform (still gotta futz with it a bit) and yes, watch those code cylinders! There is nothing holding them in the tray (they are located one beneath each bare hand) and while they fit nicely enough in the uniform pockets, take care not to lose them.

The weapons are both real good and while the holster isn't quite as garish looking "in hand", it still seems a little light in color, but the gun fits well into it and the strap works well.

The buck body on mine is a little loose-limbed...looking forward to the premiere of the Prometheus body soon....

Here's a quick shot of him before I head out to work....more later.

jedibear
04-09-2008, 01:55 AM
Alright...back home.

Here's some more looks at this Imperial Officer...

Now I'm really ready for Tarkin and Vader! :)

Darth Cruel
04-09-2008, 09:44 PM
Alright...back home.

Here's some more looks at this Imperial Officer...

Now I'm really ready for Tarkin and Vader! :)

Snow melted? You need to get a refrigerated semi trailer and preserve some for summer release figures.

P.S. No, I can't pay for it.

jedibear
04-10-2008, 02:07 AM
Snow melted? You need to get a refrigerated semi trailer and preserve some for summer release figures....

No sir...after this long winter, I'm quite fine with the snow disappearing for the season. I'll have some interesting vistas for those summer releases... :)

sergiurusu
04-22-2008, 02:46 AM
My Praji should arrive by the next week. I asked Marco at Toy Palace to look in the package to see if he has the right hands. On Sideshow Freaks board it happened Praji to have two of the same gloved hands... :cross-eye

sergiurusu
04-29-2008, 09:09 AM
Finally got my Praji and I like it a lot! He fits my Imperials focus perfectly and looks really cool. I almost lost one of the rank cylinders but then I glued them in. The body is not as good as RAH's but ok for this figure since I don't intend posing him like Spider-man.

I really like the blasters, especially the E-11 stormie blaster (so I ordered 2 more from Toy Anxiety to replace my RAH Stormie blasters with SS ones). I'll try futzing his uniform as presented on Sideshow Laundry Day (http://www.rebelscum.com/laundryday.asp) at Rebelscum :)

Darth Cruel
05-13-2008, 10:10 PM
Finally got my Praji and I like it a lot! He fits my Imperials focus perfectly and looks really cool. I almost lost one of the rank cylinders but then I glued them in. The body is not as good as RAH's but ok for this figure since I don't intend posing him like Spider-man.

I really like the blasters, especially the E-11 stormie blaster (so I ordered 2 more from Toy Anxiety to replace my RAH Stormie blasters with SS ones). I'll try futzing his uniform as presented on Sideshow Laundry Day (http://www.rebelscum.com/laundryday.asp) at Rebelscum :)

So where do you get the Top Stick they mention?

sergiurusu
05-15-2008, 01:28 AM
Didn't washed Praji yet.:razz:

Turambar
05-24-2008, 08:16 PM
Thankfully I got it on 2nd chance at sideshow. I was not really wanting to pay the $100+ that it was being offered at internet stores and ebay.

sergiurusu
05-25-2008, 02:09 AM
Got 2 extra Sideshow 1/6 Praji stormtrooper blasters from Toy Anxiety and my RAH stormies have new weapons in hand :D