PDA

View Full Version : How Dumb People Really Are In The USA

Tycho
03-06-2008, 02:27 AM
After watching this (http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=816_1186683690) I don't even want to be human!

I'm so embarassed to be a member of our species. Where do I resign and re-apply to becoming a god? I missed my calling in life. But no wonder politicians cater to our lowest common denominator. It's THAT low, people!

Folks are such idiots! Still, this was probably staged. Can people really be this retarded? They make Miss Teen South Carolina look like a genius by comparison.

By the way, I should tell you that I'm actually John Howard, President of Australia.

bigbarada
03-06-2008, 03:04 AM
Do you really believe that if anyone had gotten the answer to all of those questions right it would have made it into that little video clip?

It's edited video footage so it doesn't prove anything. And it's very clear that it was edited with the intent of portraying Americans as idiots. When you see the cuts in the video, it makes it impossible to tell if the answer shown was to the question asked before the cut. In other words, someone could have answered all of the questions right, but if you edited in the answers out of order it would make it appear that they got all the questions wrong.

Again, it's a video spliced together to reinforce a preconceived notion, it's not necessarily representative of reality.

bobafrett
03-06-2008, 01:27 PM
I ain't exactly the sarpest tool in the shed myself.

El Chuxter
03-06-2008, 01:42 PM
I don't think most of it's on the up-and-up (though some of it certainly is), but it's still funny.

I want to get a map of the world like he has, where every country is Australia.

Tycho
03-06-2008, 01:50 PM
We need to invade Australia! I've just read our national intelligence estimate report and learned to my utter shock that they have cornered the market on the world's supply of koala bears.

This conspiracy must be put to a halt at once!

El Chuxter
03-06-2008, 02:06 PM
They've also cornered the market on kangaroos, dingoes, platypuses (platypii?), Foster's beer, and Elle MacPherson.

This must be rectified at once! Everyone in the world needs an Elle MacPherson! :beard:

Jedi_Kal-El
03-06-2008, 05:11 PM
They've also cornered the market on kangaroos, dingoes, platypuses (platypii?), Foster's beer, and Elle MacPherson.

This must be rectified at once! Everyone in the world needs an Elle MacPherson! :beard:

Here, Here!!!:bandit:

Kidhuman
03-06-2008, 05:24 PM
Victoria Secrets model figures anyone?

Jedi_Kal-El
03-06-2008, 05:29 PM
Victoria Secrets model figures anyone?

Now how come nobody ever threw that idea out before? That's a kick butt idea KH. :thumbsup:

Darth Jax
03-06-2008, 07:08 PM
i'd second that idea.

i don't think you'd have to alter the order of the questions. i believe many Americans are that poorly informed. Look at how frequently Jay Leno asks people questions on the streets of CA and they have no clue.

Kidhuman
03-06-2008, 07:29 PM
My question is how many people does he have to interiew before he can find a few that are edited in????

Jedi_Kal-El
03-06-2008, 07:50 PM
My question is how many people does he have to interiew before he can find a few that are edited in????

It's really not that hard to peice those things together. Heck some of those people might have been payed to provide the answers they gave. I've heard of that being done before.

El Chuxter
03-06-2008, 07:57 PM
You notice the one guy listing states after the interviewer asks for the members of either the "coalition of the willing" or the "axis of evil" isn't shown being questioned. He could very well have been asked something totally different and answered it correctly, then had his answers put in where they made him look dumbest.

Deoxyribonucleic
03-06-2008, 08:09 PM
I was actually in that documentary! They asked me what the capitol of Australia is and I said "Sacramento!"

I never believe those edited things. But I do believe that a large portion of our population is ignorant, not necessarily stupid, but ignorant.

Tycho
03-06-2008, 08:17 PM
I was actually in that documentary! They asked me what the capitol of Australia is and I said "Sacramento!"

Why? To get in the video?

Deoxyribonucleic
03-06-2008, 08:19 PM
Why? To get in the video?

Yeah, I was visiting family in Texas when all that was going down, don't know why I didn't make it on film and I'm really only kidding about the whole thing :)

gotcha

2-1B
03-07-2008, 07:37 AM
After watching this (http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=816_1186683690) I don't even want to be human!

I wouldn't want to be kidhuman either...what a miserable existence that would be. :thumbsup: