PDA

View Full Version : I had a daydream I was talking to Tycho!

jedi master sal
03-06-2008, 05:14 PM
Oh wait, it wasn't a dream. He actually called me.

Had a good conversation with him. Cough sounds bad though bro, I wish you the best in your health.

Talked about the usual stuff, dioramas, SSG, etc.

It's nice once in awhile to have some form of real life connection to you folks. Only other one I've had was at C3.

I did find out from Tycho that Mabucon is at Niagra Falls. Too bad I'd have to bring the lady or I'd go. (She wouldn't be up for this at all.)

So who do you fellow SSGers talk to on our humble boards?

Jedi_Kal-El
03-06-2008, 05:16 PM
No one as of yet. Nobody loves me. :cry:

Kidhuman
03-06-2008, 05:22 PM
I have talked to :

Cappy
Rocketboy
El Chuxter
Rogue II
Darthvyn
JJReason
Mabs
Slicker
BobaFrett
Jedi Partner
Jaff
Tycho
Caesar

all via phone. Havent dropped dime on anyone in awhile, but you may never know who will be on the other end of that phone call the next time it rings(unless you have caller ID) Me and Mabs ate up Bobafretts answering machine and I think JP's also with a ten minute message one day.

On AIM I have talked with many of the above and also

DQ
LTBasker
SirSteve himself
Lord Malakite
JMG
JBF

and a few more that I cant remember

UKWildcat
03-06-2008, 05:33 PM
On AIM I have talked with many of the above and also

DQ
LTBasker
SirSteve himself
Lord Malakite
JMG
JBF

and a few more that I cant remember

I see how it is... :mad::mad::mad:

Kidhuman
03-06-2008, 05:47 PM
I see how it is... :mad::mad::mad:

Sorry, its been a long long time since you signed on to AIM.

UKWildcat
03-06-2008, 06:03 PM
I know. Its nobody's fault but mine.

Only people I have talked with on here via AIM have been kh and Slicker (if I remember correctly). And like kh mentioned, I haven't logged onto there in forever.

Haven't talked to anybody on the phone.

I've sent out many a PM, with Caesar receiving a good portion of them, along with kh, Slicker, Cappy, JMSal, DQ and a few others. Been a while since I've PMed as well. Hope all is well with everyone.

Deoxyribonucleic
03-06-2008, 06:31 PM
In person and/or on the phone

Turbowars
JediTricks
Tycho
BlueSnags
SirSteve
Figrinbran
Crunchynug
PlasticFetish

Actually hang out with or talk on the phone with on as regular a basis as my school and work will permit...
BlueSnags
JediTricks
Tycho
Turbowars

In passing but weren't sure if we were the 'correct' person

Stillakid at FEMA for the Star Wars costume display
PlasticFetish at our local comic book store ;)

Stillakid WILL be added to my list of 'met in person' this July, when we have dinner, FINALLY ;)

JetsAndHeels
03-06-2008, 06:35 PM
Sorry, its been a long long time since you signed on to AIM.

You have talked to me on the phone too. I'm glad it was an experience you cherish. :)

Other folks I have talked to via phone:

mabs
InsaneJediGirl
JON9000

Also met JON9000...we went and saw ROTS in Raleigh.

Kidhuman
03-06-2008, 06:36 PM
Damn it, I talked to heelz both on AIM and phone. Freakin 80's and 90's wiped some memory cells.

JetsAndHeels
03-06-2008, 06:37 PM
No one as of yet. Nobody loves me. :cry:

Call me. We can talk about Smallville.

It will be a great conversation..all 5 minutes of it. :)

Jedi_Kal-El
03-06-2008, 06:44 PM
Call me. We can talk about Smallville.

It will be a great conversation..all 5 minutes of it. :)

Right lol Although I'd say 5 minutes might be a stretch.

JetsAndHeels
03-06-2008, 06:47 PM
Right lol Although I'd say 5 minutes might be a stretch.

Well I figured we needed at least 4 and a half minutes just to say hello to each other. :)

Mr. JabbaJohnL
03-06-2008, 07:54 PM
At CIII I (very briefly) talked to Tycho on the phone and met up with some SSGers for a little bit, including Dr Evazan 22, JediPartner, The 'Xir, Dar'Argol, Scruffziller, Tonysmo, Lowly Bantha Cleaner, and a few others I'm forgetting (sorry).

I don't get on AIM very much anymore, but I talk to mabudon more than anyone else (which, still, is not very much).

In "real life" I know Dark Marble; we worked together last summer and see each other once in a while and will look out for each other collectibles-wise.

I'll probably give my phone number in a few months for those who want it, once I go to college.

Tycho
03-06-2008, 08:44 PM
I've talked to a lot of you on the phone now - and met a lot of you at conventions and such. We're like an old family now and I welcome contact with you all. Had many of you to my home over the years, too. If you haven't been invited, it just hasn't happened YET. But it's not for any lack of want for your company on my part. You're welcome here!

Yup - had a good conversation with Sal today. Our Star Wars interests are very much alike and in all the serious ways, our fandom is the most similar out of probably anyone else on the boards. He is infinitely more professional in his training and approach to dioramas, and maturity (but he is older than me, so I get some allowance for my youth, don't I?)

Today, I also talked with:

SirSteve, as I'm helping him with a project

Yesterday:

JediTricks, with whom I speak frequently

And a few days ago, I had a great, hours long conversation with Deoxy that I cherrished. :thumbsup:

"Josh" speaks for me on the phone and I largely shut "Tycho" up. On the forums, it's a dangerous balance (MOUSE DROIDS!!! - see what I mean - Tycho monopolizes the keyboard)

I see the largest group of you at conventions (Celebrations / Comic Con) and really enjoy that as everyone is excited about something they love. If I do not end up attending Comic Con this year, as I'm upset with how they run some aspects of the show now (JT will deliver our poll results to Hasbro from MSP's great efforts), I will try and meet everyone for lunch or dinner, and go down there different days if I have to in order to see you all.

Discussing the decline in the inherent value I assign Comic Con is for another thread.

Deoxyribonucleic
03-06-2008, 08:58 PM
And a few days ago, I had a great, hours long conversation with Deoxy that I cherrished. :thumbsup:

Me too, ME TOO my dear! :love:

Mad Slanted Powers
03-06-2008, 09:31 PM
I've not met or talked to anyone on the phone. Phones are evil devices. I'm way up here in the 4th corner of the U.S. so I don't know if there are many people from SSG in these parts.

I have been messaging Tycho a lot lately regarding our polls. A couple years ago when I was planning on going to Niagara Falls on a day off from a business trip, so I messaged mabs and LBC I think.

A few years ago, I used to go into the Star Wars chatroom on AOL on a regular basis. Sometimes I wonder if any of those people could be on these boards. I dropped AOL for a while in 2003 and by the time I had returned, most of the regulars there were not going there anymore. I've hardly gone on AOL the past two or three years. When I rejoined AOL, I spent more time in music chatrooms.

I bought a new iMac back in 2006, but I still haven't had a chance to try the iChat program out. It would be interesting to see how well the video chat feature works.

jedi master sal
03-06-2008, 10:09 PM
Wow, this thread sprouted some legs.

So here's a thought, and just humor me for a second.

There is an online realtime "game" called Second Life. There's a ton of fun stuff to do. You control an "avatar". You get to create the look of the avatar fully, including shape, size, color, clothes, etc. You can purchase SW related clothes if you want or there are plenty of places to find free stuff to wear some of it being SW stuff.

Anyway, my point being, you can meet other avatars who are real people as well. Second Life has the ability to talk real time through the program using a headset plugged into your computer. See where I'm going with this?

I could set up a SSG group and anytime any of us logs on we can see each other and talk to each other real time at no cost. And kind of see each other. Mind you you don't need to make you avatar look like you. It's a fun game and there's SO much more to do than just chat about SW. It's not a SW game, but there are plenty of SW related "sims" or lands in the Second Life (SL) world. You can fly X-wings, TIEs, the Falcon. Shoot blasters, fight with a light saber (including making your own saber if you are so inclined-I have made a half dozen easy), take damage in an RPG like setting, etc.

We could pick a night to "meet" online in this venue. Not for a long time mind you, maybe an hour or so. It's just another way to expand our fandom. SL costs nothing to join and I'm a wiz at it and can answer just about any questions with regards to it and how to help you in-game.

If anyone is interested, go to www.secondlife.com download the program (it will take awhile as it's a bit large.

This thread wasn't started to plug this either, I just happen to think of it, seeing as how many of us can really never meet in person. This is just one way to get a little closer to that and for no cost.

Anyway, back to the thread, so who have you met/talked to from SSG.

Besides Tycho, I've met Dale (JediPartner), Dr Evazan, XIR, and a few others. All at our big C3 dinner where we harrassed Tycho for hitting on that poor girl Brandy (our waitress). Oh and he and Dale hugged, lol.

We also partied with the crew from Master Replicas at dinner and then later for drinks.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
03-06-2008, 10:17 PM
Hmm . . . secondlife sounds like it might end up being way too time-consuming, but I might try that. It's like Facebook on crack. :D

figrin bran
03-06-2008, 10:35 PM
I've met up with many of the LA SSG'ers to trade/buy/sell figures and sometimes even run into them at the local Targets/TRU's.

JangoSpeck
Blue Snags
Turbowars
Crunchynug
darkagent
Frank Footer

I've met the following people at Comic Con:

Deoxy
Sirsteve
Tycho
JediTricks (and this is despite the fact that we live just blocks from one another)

I almost got to talk to Sal but I wasn't home and my bro took the call.

Mad Slanted Powers
03-06-2008, 10:36 PM
I was looking at Second Life one time and it sounded like you had to pay, or is that just for certain features? Or was it just referring to in-game currency?

DarthQuack
03-06-2008, 10:52 PM
Or we could all hop on Stickam too...I'd be up for whatever majority wins.

UKWildcat
03-06-2008, 11:00 PM
There is an online realtime "game" called Second Life. There's a ton of fun stuff to do. You control an "avatar". You get to create the look of the avatar fully, including shape, size, color, clothes, etc.

I got dibs on the Dwight Schrute attire!!!!

Mad Slanted Powers
03-06-2008, 11:05 PM
I've never checked out Stickam, but the ones they always talk to on Attack of the Show look like pretty poor quality connections or something.

JetsAndHeels
03-06-2008, 11:07 PM
Are there any other features that do not require downloading? I would like to participate in this, but I can't download stuff to this laptop (I am currently using my work computer and we cannot add programs that are not work related)

Dar' Argol
03-06-2008, 11:16 PM
Anyway, back to the thread, so who have you met/talked to from SSG.

Besides Tycho, I've met Dale (JediPartner), Dr Evazan, XIR, and a few others. All at our big C3 dinner where we harrassed Tycho for hitting on that poor girl Brandy (our waitress). Oh and he and Dale hugged, lol.

We also partied with the crew from Master Replicas at dinner and then later for drinks.

Ahhhh . . . What hppened in Indy, Stays in Indy! that was a good time. I met a good number of you at C3. Brandy . . . he he he I remember her and Tycho's "charming ways". That was some good times. The dinner with Steve and those 2 girls was fun . . .plus the strange old woman Tycho invited along with us . . . he he he.

JediPARTNR and I speak sorta regularly. Went out last year to hang with him for a weekend. That was a blast! Need to do that again soon. Hunted Sal for 3 days at C3 until we finally cornered him. And standing just outside the doors while it rained and SNOWED and tellign the person at the door that I have lost my feet was a great time. Wonder if Dr Evazan remembers that??

I tell you I really hope there is another celebration in Indy again! I will definitely make the trip for that to see some of the guys again!

Tycho
03-07-2008, 12:29 AM
Brandy, yes...:love:

Well, I always say you never even know if you have an opportunity unless you try to take advantage of her it.

You guys can also thank me for inviting the Master Replicas folks. It was Sunday after the Con and many had left. As those things go, you don't want the good times to end and the days can go by too quickly as Stillakid mentioned in the Comic Con thread - they're like sensory overload. So a lot of us didn't want to be rushed and I always fly out the Monday after and not try and leave the Con and get everything to the airport the same day (too much stress - so ditch work / school on Monday after a Con. It's one day!)

Well, I was upstairs in the hotel heading down from the skywalk to meet everyone in the lobby before we went to another bar, and I saw people with Darth Vader badges on and figured why not see if they want join us and keep the party going. "They" were Amy@MasterReplicasCustomerCare and her husband, soon to be followed by their whole staff and the company directors, etc. So we all ended up forming lasting friendships and having a healthy party!
I didn't know who they were before then and only invited them because they were fans like me.

I think the old lady ended up with us pretty much the same way. She was by herself and wearing a badge. She may have come out all by herself. And she was strange, though I barely recall. I didn't talk to her much. But just because she was odd, I didn't think that was a reason to mistreat her and try to ditch her. She was a fan just like any of us, so I invited her along, but avoided having to interact more with her.

Dar, the other two girls that were with us that evening, whom I think had been costumed as Leia Slave and Oola or something previously, were friendly, but just not in Brandy's league. I know I'm shallow. It's who I am. But I didn't find them that interesting. Instead I managed to clear the air with JediPartnr and he and I had a good time sitting with Amy from Master Replicas who served as our referee. I was very glad I got to know them both and keep in touch with them as best as I can.

That was a good time. Incidentally, that was just 3 months and several days before I had that brain aneurysm and began this long nightmare of my health condition.

Tonysmo
03-07-2008, 05:22 AM
C3 was good times.

I was dissapointed I couldnt hang longer and even have dinner with you guys. That would have rocked. hearing the stories isnt enough... I shoulda been there. damn me..

if my presence there though is anything like it is here.. it'd be kinda strange.. Id pop in for like half a second. say something outlandish and then go hide again..

Dar' Argol
03-07-2008, 07:07 AM
I think the old lady ended up with us pretty much the same way. She was by herself and wearing a badge. She may have come out all by herself. And she was strange, though I barely recall. I didn't talk to her much. But just because she was odd, I didn't think that was a reason to mistreat her and try to ditch her. She was a fan just like any of us, so I invited her along, but avoided having to interact more with her.

Dar, the other two girls that were with us that evening, whom I think had been costumed as Leia Slave and Oola or something previously, were friendly, but just not in Brandy's league. I know I'm shallow. It's who I am. But I didn't find them that interesting. Instead I managed to clear the air with JediPartnr and he and I had a good time sitting with Amy from Master Replicas who served as our referee. I was very glad I got to know them both and keep in touch with them as best as I can.

yeah . . invite the crazy old woman and pawn her off on everyone else!! lol!! poor Bruce and I got the brunt of that one . . he he he. And yeah those 2 girls were cute, but your right, not on the same level as Brandy . . . Hmmmm . . .Brandy . . . I also like how we got a free round of drinks from the Manager. I wish that could have been a bit longer of a get together with everyone. But seeing as how I don't like to fly/fear of falling I had a 11 hour drive home on Monday.

It was good to see you and JediPARTNR getting along . . I think Dr Evazan and I were talking about that meeting before it happened . . .Its nice to see that despite all our bickering and disagreements on the boards that in person we all really do get along. Maybe next time we can get JT and JJBeast to show u . . he hehe

CaptainSolo1138
03-07-2008, 07:36 AM
In real life(z) I've spoken with:
Slicker (duh)
Rocketboy (duh)
KH
mabs
Chux

On AIM:
Those listed above (except for Chux)
stillakid
Jets and Heelz
Darth Quack
LT Basker
Lord Malakite
Rogue II
JabbaJohn L
jjreason
Eternal Padawan

Usually KH only calls to see if Slicker's mom got whatever SW wares he sent for Slick. mabs and I talk more frequently, usually on Saturday nights during the Leafs game it seems.

2-1B
03-07-2008, 07:47 AM
I can't die happy until I talk to Deo on the phone...unless I get out there to collect my Chi Minn Dakka prize in person. ;)

jedi master sal
03-07-2008, 08:45 AM
Hmm . . . secondlife sounds like it might end up being way too time-consuming, but I might try that. It's like Facebook on crack. :D

Oh it's VERY easy to get "hooked" on this. You can meet people from all over the world. I think it's a glorified Yahoo Messenger, lol. Really though it's much more, sine it's completely interactive.

jedi master sal
03-07-2008, 08:51 AM
I was looking at Second Life one time and it sounded like you had to pay, or is that just for certain features? Or was it just referring to in-game currency?

For certain things you would have to pay, but there are PLENTY of freebies that just about anything you want to do "in-world" you can do for free. Only if you'd want to buy "land" there would it cost. Otherwise you can find free homes and furniture, free clothing, free gadgets (ie., lightsabers, blasters, etc.). That vast majority of groups are free to join and of course I'd set up the group to be free, but on a referral basis so we just don't get every kook joining...lol.

I've been on the site fora ear and a half. Not including land rental that ;ve done in the past, I've maybe spent $20-30 tops for other stuff that I just didn't want to bother looking for or creating myself. It's VERY easy to build things in Second Life, as well as "script" them to do certain actions. So really you're only limited by your imagination (and time).

CaptainSolo1138
03-07-2008, 09:08 AM
I know PMs shouldn't count as "personal contact", but some of the exchanges betwixt Caesar and I are classic. I'd post them, but they're NSFW-13.

jjreason
03-07-2008, 09:35 AM
I've spoken on the phone with Mabs, Pegger and KH (honourable mention to Cappy who's voice I heard on a message one time), and have met Mabs and Pegger a good number of times - not to mention Jedi Elf. :lipsrsealed:

Luckily, I was able to meet a few of the west-coasters at Comicon back in 2005 - El Chuxter, SirSteve, PlasticFetish and Tycho - talk about an all-star lineup! :D

Tycho
03-07-2008, 09:47 AM
That's right. That was just days before I went into the hospital, too.

jjreason
03-07-2008, 11:08 AM
Well, with all that's happened to you health-wise since then, Tycho, I'm glad you're still with us to post that!

Now that I'm in Ontario I don't foresee being able to make another SDCC, but Indianapolis is suddenly only 10 hours away.

CaptainSolo1138
03-07-2008, 11:13 AM
Now that I'm in Ontario I don't foresee being able to make another SDCC, but Indianapolis is suddenly only 10 hours away.
And Detroit is only 6, but we see how well that's worked out.:mad::p

jjreason
03-07-2008, 12:35 PM
Detroit's only 3. See what you're up to on June 28th (Rockies), my brother's coming up from Minnesota and that's the only game they're home for during his visit.

CaptainSolo1138
03-07-2008, 12:47 PM
Detroit's only 3. See what you're up to on June 28th (Rockies), my brother's coming up from Minnesota and that's the only game they're home for during his visit.I just looked at tickets and all that's available for that game is standing room only. Those are not bad at all, especially for only $15.00 (USD) apiece, but you need to arrive at a decent time to get a good "seat".

If you're serious about doing this, PM me!

Deoxyribonucleic
03-07-2008, 01:15 PM
I can't die happy until I talk to Deo on the phone...unless I get out there to collect my Chi Minn Dakka prize in person. ;)I was thinking about why we haven't talked on the phone when I was typing my list, it felt weird not having your name on itL! We've sent letters, cards, PM's, myspace messages and star wars stuff back and forth to each other for years now, but no phone. lol we are crazy ;)

:love:

El Chuxter
03-07-2008, 01:38 PM
I'm not going to disclose everyone I've spoken with, but UKWildCat is the only person here I've seen naked.

And I wasn't even trying, like I tried so hard with Caesar and bigbarada and plasticfetish. I was just lost one day and saw this mailbox that said, "UKWildCat's House." So I figured I'd ask directions. He answered wearing women's lingerie. I wasn't passing judgment or anything; I was just shocked when I said, "Why the hell are you wearing women's lingerie?" He looked at me all p***ed and said, "Fine, have it your way," and took them off.

It was spectacular. You know the expression "nothing worth writing home about"? Well, this was worth writing home about. I did so at the first chance I had. Three days later, my wife got mad and said, "Why the hell did you waste that postage when you already live here?"

Rocketboy
03-07-2008, 02:14 PM
I just looked at tickets and all that's available for that game is standing room only. Those are not bad at all, especially for only $15.00 (USD) apiece, but you need to arrive at a decent time to get a good "seat".

If you're serious about doing this, PM me!Hey, I'm inviting myself (if this happens)!
Or should I say "I'm with you too."

CaptainSolo1138
03-07-2008, 02:17 PM
Hey, I'm inviting myself (if this happens)!
Or should I say "I'm with you too."
I searched for four seats.:)

jjreason
03-07-2008, 02:48 PM
I was assuming you were, RB. :thumbsup:

Stubhub had LOTS a couple of weeks ago ($50 or less - and LOTS LOTS LOTS for more than that).

CaptainSolo1138
03-07-2008, 03:10 PM
Stubhub had LOTS a couple of weeks ago ($50 or less - and LOTS LOTS LOTS for more than that).I just looked on stubhub and holy carp. Junk "Skyline" seats, which retail for $5.00, are starting at $17.00.

Hooray for the bandwagon.:rolleyes:

mabudonicus
03-07-2008, 06:34 PM
WOW I got a pretty good "Trophy list" here

In person- JJreason, Rocketboy, Cappy, Slicker, SethQuinn and I do think that's it

Phone (fairly frequent conversations) BillFreemore, Dryanta, DarthVyn, Chux, Kidhuman, DarthBrandon, JJreason, Cappy, Sliki , Jedipartnr, Heelz, IJG, Frett (answering machine only) Caesar (left a message once but no convo) Eternal Padawan, Rogue II (and I've tried to call TeeEye7 a few tims but never hooked it up)... IF I left anyone out I DO apologize but I think that covers most of the folks... I hope to speak with Tycho someday pretty soon as well, any friend of STANSE is a friend of mine

AIM hell, pretty much most of the regulars- glad DNA fondly recalls the couple of conversations we had, but JJL, Snaps, EP, JBF, Malakite, LBC, Doc Evazan, even Stillakid who is a real fun dude to talk with...a whole ton of folks ;) (PS I know I'm forgetting someone here so PLEASE forgive me)

And through PM's well that list would be TOO long, I truly feel connected to a LOT of folks here- pretty much all the canucks, a special shout-out to Dar'Argol here too(if we ever ARE in the same place there'll be TROUBLE for the very fabric of time/space)... JON9000 has alsoi earned a few contacts, that dude has a posting style that cracks me up large, so props due there... and I PM'ed back and forth with Deadeye AND BountyHuntersCum a bit ;) :D

MSP a quick few PMs back in the day... damn, seriously I have probably been in some "contact" with almost every one of the "regulars"
:beard: Iso&Baws
good thread indeed

Deoxyribonucleic
03-07-2008, 07:29 PM
AIM hell, pretty much most of the regulars- glad DNA fondly recalls the couple of conversations we had, but JJL, Snaps, EP, JBF, Malakite, LBC, Doc Evazan, even Stillakid who is a real fun dude to talk with...a whole ton of folks ;) (PS I know I'm forgetting someone here so PLEASE forgive me)

Oh, I see how it is, you're allowed to forget, but I'm not! Well I'll be dipped in ****, if I knew you were a 'double-standards' kinda guy, I'd have tried to hook up with you much sooner ;)

:love:

Mad Slanted Powers
03-07-2008, 07:58 PM
Well, with all that's happened to you health-wise since then, Tycho, I'm glad you're still with us to post that!

Now that I'm in Ontario I don't foresee being able to make another SDCC, but Indianapolis is suddenly only 10 hours away.Did you used to be in B.C.? At one point I was thinking that you were in Victoria or something. That's not too far away from me.

jjreason
03-07-2008, 08:11 PM
I was an hour north of Victoria in Nanaimo - Bellingham is where all the BC geeks used to head for their US toy runs! Because I was on the Island, it was never really feasible for me to just pop on down to the US - sadly I never saw any of Washington or Oregon in the 3 years I was there. :(

Mad Slanted Powers
03-07-2008, 08:20 PM
I was an hour north of Victoria in Nanaimo - Bellingham is where all the BC geeks used to head for their US toy runs! Because I was on the Island, it was never really feasible for me to just pop on down to the US - sadly I never saw any of Washington or Oregon in the 3 years I was there. :(
Yeah, I never made it to the island until a few years ago when I went with my brother when he did the marathon. I went back the next two years, and ran the 8K race the last time. I won a trip on a boat from Bellingham to Victoria 3 or 4 years ago and my mom and I went up and walked around town for a while. It was a rainy day though. We did see some orca whales on the trip back.

When I was waiting in line at Target when the first figures ROTS figures came out in 2005, it seems that most of the line was Canadian. A couple weeks later when they had the holo Yoda at TRU, same thing, and some of the same people too. Those were the only times I ever waited in line for figures like that.

CaptainSolo1138
03-07-2008, 08:29 PM
(PS I know I'm forgetting someone here so PLEASE forgive me)
:mad::mad::mad:

Today was- what?- the first day in a week and a half that I didn't charm you with my wordsmithing and already you forgot?

Kidhuman
03-07-2008, 09:10 PM
:mad::mad::mad:

Today was- what?- the first day in a week and a half that I didn't charm you with my wordsmithing and already you forgot?

the guy has no short term memory, let it slide. :D :whip:

jjreason
03-07-2008, 10:02 PM
It's all those fumes he deals with (at work of course). You can't fault him. lol

Dar' Argol
03-08-2008, 01:45 AM
a special shout-out to Dar'Argol here too(if we ever ARE in the same place there'll be TROUBLE for the very fabric of time/space)...

Mabs!! My brother from another mother!!! You know, its a wonder we haven't met yet . . . Niagra Falls just may have to be on the next road trip list. Hook up with JP and head up! HA HA!!

mabudonicus
03-08-2008, 08:09 AM
I was gonna post something here but I forgot- and who are all you folks :D ??

I thought I mentioned ya Cappy, but since e've both MET AND spoken on the phone I figured AIM was a no-brainer :beard:

Dar, hells yes, maybe you can come up to Mabu Con, watch the "sirsteves Convention" thread (or Mabu Con in the 'block) for details- if not juist pick a time and let me know!!
:beard: Iso&Baws
No short term memory HAH!! ;)

jedi master sal
03-08-2008, 10:57 AM
Mabs!! My brother from another mother!!! You know, its a wonder we haven't met yet . . . Niagra Falls just may have to be on the next road trip list. Hook up with JP and head up! HA HA!!

Hey Dar, maybe you can swing by Pittsburgh first to get me, then get JP in Cleveland.

road trip!

jjreason
03-08-2008, 12:16 PM
That would be a hoot. I'd be willing to participate in a bit of driving if need be to pick up a vanload for the con - I'm about 1.5 to the US border at Niagara and could go a couple of hours past that easy (if gas became an issue for anyone coming up from the US).

Dar' Argol
03-08-2008, 12:31 PM
Hey Dar, maybe you can swing by Pittsburgh first to get me, then get JP in Cleveland.

road trip!

I've created a monster . . lol . . . Maybe this could be a road trip for this summer. Been getting an urge to drive again. Where's JP when you need him??

El Chuxter
03-08-2008, 01:15 PM
I post that weird **** above about UKWildCat wearing women's underwear, and it just goes ignored.

See if I grace you losers with my weirdness again.

Tycho
03-08-2008, 01:20 PM
Both my schizophrenic personalities didn't understand that one, Chux.

Tycho even tried re-reading it with his face in the 7" Boba Fett Unleashed Sarlaac, but to no avail. He did cough and burp though.

UKWildcat
03-08-2008, 01:21 PM
I'm still in shock that you divulged that information Chux. I thought we were going to take that to the grave with us. :(

CaptainSolo1138
03-08-2008, 02:04 PM
Holy carp. If Dar, JP and JMS show up, the first round of Red Leafs at the Mikata are on me.:thumbsup:

Mad Slanted Powers
03-10-2008, 12:53 AM
So, I tried out Second Life tonight. Wandered around for a while. Not really sure what the heck I was doing. I did see someone named Darth Jaxxon, though.

Mad Slanted Powers
03-13-2008, 02:18 AM
So, I spent some more time the last three nights wandering around Second Life. Not sure my computer likes it all that well, or vice versa. I'm in places where I should be hearing music, but I don't hear sound. I did find a Star Trek Museum though, that was kind of interesting. I did hear some sound there when I went up to a terminal that played a little video with the Enterprise theme song. The full version, not just what was used at the beginning of each episode.

I like how you can fly around. That would be cool if we all had Jedi robes and flew around from place to place, providing peace and justice to Second Life.

jedi master sal
03-13-2008, 08:40 AM
So, I spent some more time the last three nights wandering around Second Life. Not sure my computer likes it all that well, or vice versa. I'm in places where I should be hearing music, but I don't hear sound. I did find a Star Trek Museum though, that was kind of interesting. I did hear some sound there when I went up to a terminal that played a little video with the Enterprise theme song. The full version, not just what was used at the beginning of each episode.

I like how you can fly around. That would be cool if we all had Jedi robes and flew around from place to place, providing peace and justice to Second Life.

Check your audio settings in preferences. Do you have a headset to use? Sound seems to come through better when using a headset. Also the bonus is we can TALK to each other live. So if we wanted to have an online meeting/swap meet, etc, we could and haggle out deals right then and there. Jedi robes are no problem at all. I have a couple of sets in my inventory. What's you Avatar's name MSP? (PM me that if you'd prefer.)

Second Life isn't about what you are "supposed" to do. It's about whatever you WANT to do. It's literally a "second life," just online. There's no ryhme or reason, just whatever. Sometimes that means getting involved in RPG (which there is a ton of and several good SW rpg groups), owning land for a home or a business, listening to music, even watching movies. Though I'd caution here, that SL is riddled with porn, so it's all to easy to view those types of movies if you want to.

Anyway, back to the thread. About Mabucon...

(Yeah, I know that's really not the jist of the thread, but who cares. This is one of those threads that takes off on its own.)

Mad Slanted Powers
03-13-2008, 07:46 PM
I don't have a headset. I don't have the speech part turned on, but I have the preferences to play streaming audio and video when available. I've gone to some places where they are playing music, but there is no sound. People tell me stop and restart the player button, or to log on and off, but still nothing.

Still, it seems like an interesting place to meet. Also, as I mentioned before, if anyone has a Mac, I would be interested in testing the iChat program out to see how the video portion works.

jedi master sal
03-13-2008, 09:49 PM
I don't have a headset. I don't have the speech part turned on, but I have the preferences to play streaming audio and video when available. I've gone to some places where they are playing music, but there is no sound. People tell me stop and restart the player button, or to log on and off, but still nothing.

Still, it seems like an interesting place to meet. Also, as I mentioned before, if anyone has a Mac, I would be interested in testing the iChat program out to see how the video portion works.

Well, funny you mention that as I do have a MAC, however I've never used iChat. If it requires a webcam, then I'd have to buy that.

bobafrett
03-16-2008, 04:58 PM
Frett (answering machine only)

Yep, I belive it was yourself and KH having weird conversations in a conference call of sorts, before the dark times, before I started dating. If you call my machine up nowe days, you won't get the imperial march, and you are more likely to speak with an actual person, just not me.

I've also talked earlier today with Tycho for about an hour and a half. Some of the time while I was out shopping for toys, SW toys that is.:love:

Mad Slanted Powers
03-16-2008, 05:06 PM
Well, funny you mention that as I do have a MAC, however I've never used iChat. If it requires a webcam, then I'd have to buy that.
My iMac has a built-in webcam. If you are using a Mac and are able to hear stuff, I wonder what the heck the deal is that I'm not hearing sound. I'd be interested in checking out some of the music events but I never hear anything.

2-1B
03-16-2008, 08:03 PM
(Yeah, I know that's really not the jist of the thread, but who cares. This is one of those threads that takes off on its own.)

Doesn't mean we shouldn't get back on topic. :thumbsup:

Mad Slanted Powers
03-17-2008, 02:49 AM
I finally solved my sound problem on Second Life. Turns out there is a program in the Utilities folder inside the Applications folder called Audio MIDI Setup in which I needed to change the properties for the Built-in Output to 44100 Hz.