PDA

View Full Version : I Need a New Vader!

Jhiaxus
03-07-2008, 02:38 PM
I've been out of figure collecting for a while and I want to update my older figures, namely Darth Vader. The current "definitive" Vader in my collection is the old first Vader with Removable Helmet. (Like I said, been out of it for a while.)

Anyway, which Vader out now would be a suitable replacement, and by that I mean has super articulation and a removable helmet? I read some pretty good things about the Evolutions set Vader, but if a single-card one is just as good, I'd rather not spend $20 on a new Vader and two Anakin I'll never really use.

El Chuxter
03-07-2008, 02:49 PM
First up, welcome to the boards, and an awesome username you've chosen! :)

As of this moment, the only Vaders I'm aware of with super articulation and removable helmets are the ones in the 30th Anniversary Tin from last year (Hayden's head) and the Evolutions set (Sebastian Shaw's head).

However, if you're willing to wait a little while, there's a new Vader (http://lib.store.yahoo.net/lib/wizarduniverse/nytfswdroid7.jpg) in the Return of the Jedi wave scheduled for fall. It's a bit tough to tell how the articulation will be, especially on this hand-painted prototype, but he will be the first to have a two-stage removable helmet.

General_Grievous
03-07-2008, 02:54 PM
Welcome, Jhiaxus!

I'd suggest waiting for the upcoming two-stage removable helmet Vader that El Chuxter mentioned, but I will say that 2004's Vintage Original Trilogy Collection Darth Vader isn't too shabby either. Here are some pictures of it:

http://www.rebelscum.com/OTC-Vdarthvader.asp

JON9000
03-07-2008, 03:10 PM
2004's Vintage Original Trilogy Collection Darth Vader isn't too shabby either. Here are some pictures of it:

http://www.rebelscum.com/OTC-Vdarthvader.asp

That Vader's main problem is v-jointed elbows. But if you want one, they came packed with a ton of different things, so you could pick one up super-cheap.

Kidhuman
03-07-2008, 03:21 PM
Do not but the TFU Vader that is battle damaged. If you want that one, send me 7 bucks and I will ship you doggie dung, its the same thing

Mr. JabbaJohnL
03-07-2008, 04:02 PM
From what I can tell, the upcoming two-piece helmet Vader is the Evolutions figure otherwise, meaning it, too, is as super-articulated as we've ever seen on Vader.

Jhiaxus
03-07-2008, 04:57 PM
Thank you for the advice and the welcome!

Hmm...so it's between Evolutions Vader and this fall's two-piece helmet Vader. I'll probably end up getting both; Evolutions to hold me over and because I need a good Episode III Anakin and the fall version for the new helmet.

Thanks again.

Qui-Long Gone
03-07-2008, 05:55 PM
Do not but the TFU Vader that is battle damaged. If you want that one, send me 7 bucks and I will ship you doggie dung, its the same thing

hahahahah

The price of poo has gone up these days.....:laugh:

Kidhuman
03-07-2008, 08:06 PM
Its what I paid for poo, I aint scalping this sh*t

jjreason
03-07-2008, 08:40 PM
Don't you mean ****? I'd be worried that sh*t would be considered a little too close to..... well, you know. :D

Cussin'

CaptainSolo1138
03-07-2008, 09:18 PM
I want a new Vader
One that wont make me sick
One that wont make me crash my car
Or make me feel three feet thick

Sinscia Fat'o
03-08-2008, 09:45 AM
The TAC Vader isn't bad, the one that came with Obi Wan's robe, though the Evolution Vader is the best by far...Shaw's likeness over NOOO boy.

Jedi_Kal-El
03-08-2008, 09:49 AM
The TAC Vader isn't bad, the one that came with Obi Wan's robe, though the Evolution Vader is the best by far...Shaw's likeness over NOOO boy.

TAC collection Vader is basically the same as the Evo version with some minor retooling and Hayden's head. I'll agree that the Evo version is better though.

bigbarada
03-08-2008, 11:24 PM
My only problem with the Evo Vader is his inability to hold his lightsaber in his right hand. But a simple swapping out of hands with the TAC Vader and that problem is solved.:thumbsup:

Jhiaxus
03-11-2008, 03:29 AM
My only problem with the Evo Vader is his inability to hold his lightsaber in his right hand. But a simple swapping out of hands with the TAC Vader and that problem is solved.:thumbsup:

Really? Does it look pretty convincing?

Shatner's Basoon
03-11-2008, 08:46 AM
I have the TAC Vader and I'm mighty impressed with it. I only have one gripe, but this is probably just me being picky....I hate moulded cloaks, but the the problem with the TAC vader's soft goods one is the fact that it just balloons out from his body and doesnt hang like it has any weight to it. (I really must get around to sewing in some tiny wires to 'articulate' the cloak....