PDA

View Full Version : The Rogue Shadow

Dark Marble
03-07-2008, 05:02 PM
So I have seen a couple of pics of this ship and have heard rumors about it being made into a toy, but I was wondering how big is it suppose to be in the game? And I am guessing if a toy is being made of this it will be in the fighter size. Has anyone heard anything about this ship?

Mr. JabbaJohnL
03-07-2008, 11:22 PM
Juno Eclipse is its captain, and I think at least the apprentice rides in it as well, so it's got to be bigger than a starfighter (at least in the game).

Jedi_Kal-El
03-07-2008, 11:53 PM
Juno Eclipse is its captain, and I think at least the apprentice rides in it as well, so it's got to be bigger than a starfighter (at least in the game).

If they make it though, you know it's going to probably be a $20 dumbed down version of however large it's actually suppose to be.

Kidhuman
03-08-2008, 07:35 AM
Bezt thing to do is check out the Lego model of it. You can usually judge from there, maybe read its stats and stuff. About all I can offer to this thread.

Jangu Fett
03-08-2008, 08:16 AM
I think, in the game, it's supposed to be around the size of the Millennium Falcon. Now, I really doubt Hasbro will make it that large, but still. It carries Eclipse, VSA, Proxy and I think Rahm Kota. Here's a concept drawing of it on Felucia. You can guess at it's actual size. At the end of the "platform" you can see a tiny figure.

http://www.myps3.com.au/img/game/large/Star-Wars--The-Force-Unleashed-6.jpg

jedi master sal
03-08-2008, 09:43 AM
It seems like Sith Infiltrator size to me. (Not the toy, but the movie version)

So that means we'll get the dumbed down version equivalent to the toy Sith Infiltrator. That is a guess though.

Jangu Fett
03-08-2008, 10:37 AM
I don't know about that. The Rogue has more bulk to it, the SI just had a long narrow flat nose, with no room for passengers. While the cockpit/entry area had room for 6 others. Looks to me that the Rogue has room, for rooms in the mandibles.

But, back to the toys, if Hasbro enlarges the cockpit to fit a figure, they would have to also increase the overall size. Other wise it would look deformed, more inline with the Galactic Heroes line, then the Legecy Collection. For a ship like the Sith Infiltrator, Hasbro could get away with scaling it down, while still keeping the overall movie look. I don't think doing so with the Rogue Shadow would turn out as well. Unless Hasbro put the pilot figure in one of the mandibles. And I really hope they don't do that.

JediTricks
03-08-2008, 03:21 PM
The LEGO one isn't remotely in scale to its minifigs, not even with the minifig-width-scale-issue, the cockpit holds 1 guy.

If Hasbro did this ship in 3.75" scale, it'd have to be at least as big as the ARC-170 just to get a cockpit that can fit 2 figures into this ship's design, it's a pretty big boat and most of that is bulk, not thin wings or something else they could cheat their way out of.

Dark Marble
03-08-2008, 04:20 PM
I would really like to see something a little bigger than the fighter series for this ship, but I am doubting it. The picture of it on Felucia is cool!

jedi master sal
03-08-2008, 08:00 PM
I'd be willing to pay $40 for a correctly scaled Rogue Shadow.

Due to it's design, it's a one time purchase anyway, so Hasbro would do better by themselves and fans to make it right the first time. They'd stand to make more money too by having it at twice the price.

I don't know how much of a swing in purchasing this at $20 vs $40 will make. I think this is a case of either you like the ship or not, so the purchase price won't sway your decision to greatly either way. Though, I could be wrong. Size, not price made me not purchase the Sith Infiltrator. I wouldn't own it today had it not been given to me as a gift.

Jangu Fett
03-12-2008, 03:53 PM
I'd go $50, for a scaled version, without any lame gimmick, like the Sith Infiltrator, or the AOTC Jedi Starfighter "fight or flight" design. Something as big as the 3"3/4 inch ARC-170 would be cool, as long as it comes with a pilot. Whether that pilot is Juno Eclipse or VSA, makes little difference to me.

Dark Marble
04-03-2008, 12:00 PM
The Rogue Shadow Titanium ships have started showing up and Target. It is a strange ship to look at. I like it but it kind of looks like a flying garbage truck.

Darth Jax
04-03-2008, 06:35 PM
i liked the way it looked when i saw it in LEGO form. Saw the titanium version today, and wasn't very impressed. Maybe it looks better out of the bubble or would look better in the Ultra scale.

figrin bran
04-05-2008, 12:49 AM
i liked the way it looked when i saw it in LEGO form. Saw the titanium version today, and wasn't very impressed. Maybe it looks better out of the bubble or would look better in the Ultra scale.

No!!!! It looks even worse out of the bubble. I beg everyone on this board to not buy this craptastic offering. Heck, you'd be better off buying the pegwarming Titanium Sandcrawlers.

Jargo
04-12-2008, 08:14 AM
I could see hasbro making the cockpit ball TIE fighter cockpit sized. making the rear of the ship bulkier and trimming down the mandibles a bit. that way you'd get at least a pilot in the thing and possibly one other figure to the rear. Juno Eclipse is a really small figure so the cockpit wouldn't have to be huge. you'd have the rotating wing panels for flight or landing mode. landing gear and firing missiles that are obligatory. lift up fuselage top that exposes the cockpit and the hold. $30-40 would seem about right for that. especially on a one shot vehicle. 16 inches long would do it. There wouldhave to be scale and accuracy compromises. there always are when it comes to vehicles. It could still be achieved in a representative way though without going the route they did with the infiltrator.

jedi master sal
04-13-2008, 09:08 AM
Agreed Jargo. As a one shot I can see H pricing it as $30-40 and underscaling it. I'm really not sure if I'd want this vehicle of not. Seeing it in game will help me make up my mind for that. It's a funky looking ship though. A kind of cobbled hodgepodge. It may become iconic to TFU, but not SW in general. I think that may be one reason we as of yet haven't heard rumblings of it being made as an action figure sized toy.