PDA

View Full Version : I have roughly 100 Clone Troopers and 1 Battle Droid

Old Fossil
03-08-2008, 08:45 PM
It's a POTJ Boomer Damage Battle Droid. 6 years or so after his purchase, he's a leaner.:tired:

I frickin' HATE Battle Droids. But I was wondering: how many Battle Droids do you other forumites own, and from what lines?

Thanks.:thumbsup:

Jedi_Kal-El
03-08-2008, 11:01 PM
I don't have alot of Battle Droids, but my CIS army is almost as big as my GAR. I have all the Episode 1 Battle and Destroyed Droids. None from the Saga collection as I parted ways with them. I only ever found 1 of the ROTS versions. The first two sets of Saga Legends variants from 07, and the ones from the Battlefront set. I do have several Super Battle Droids, Destroyers, and hope to soon have several of the new Tri-Droid.

figrin bran
03-08-2008, 11:09 PM
My ratio of clones to battle droids is almost as bad as yours, Old Fossil. Though I did buy about 7 of the TAC SBD's.

I didn't army build back during TPM so I just have one of each variation plus OOM-9. I have one POTJ Boomer and a small handful from Saga Legends. I think I'd buy more if the figure itself were better and could stand up.

Blue2th
03-08-2008, 11:10 PM
100 troopers and one battle droid.
That's what I call an overwhelming force!
I can hear that BD saying "oh oh"

Kidhuman
03-08-2008, 11:15 PM
I would say it sucks to be that BD

TeeEye7
03-09-2008, 01:20 AM
Not as many as I once had.

Just ask Sal! ;)

mtriv73
03-09-2008, 11:10 AM
on average, I have 4 of each clone released and 2 of each BD release. 2 to 1 isn't bad odds for the good guys.

2-1B
03-09-2008, 01:56 PM
I do not own a single battle droid but I do own five 2-1B surgical droids. :thumbsup:

1 Vintage, 2 POTF2, 2 ROTS

Mad Slanted Powers
03-09-2008, 02:39 PM
It's a POTJ Boomer Damage Battle Droid. 6 years or so after his purchase, he's a leaner.:tired:

I frickin' HATE Battle Droids. But I was wondering: how many Battle Droids do you other forumites own, and from what lines?

Thanks.:thumbsup:Yeah, I was just looking at all my TPM figures that I have on top of a bookcase in my living room, and the Boomer Damage Battle Droid tends to lean backwards. I don't have too many battle droids, at least not compared to Clones. I usually get 1 or 2 of each release, but I'm less inclined to buy any more unless they improve the molds. That's why I passed on the EE Battlefront sets or whatever they were. Here are all the Battle Droids, Super Battle Droids and Destroyer Droids that I have. I might have missed some when I went through my checklist, but this should be most of them.

Looks like the total of these is 34 Battle Droids, 12 Super Battle Droids, and 13 Destroyer Droids.

4 = 1 of each variation of the Episode I battle droids
4 of the kind that came in the international two-packs
1 OOM-9
2 = 1 from each of the two releases of the STAP
1 from the Armored Scout Tank
1 POTJ Boomer Damage
2 POTJ Security Battle Droid
2 Saga 2002 Tan Battle Droids
3 Saga 2002 Red Battle Droids
1 Saga 2002 C-3PO and Battle Droid
1 from Saga 2002 Deluxe Mace Windu
1 from Arena Conflict Accessory Set
2 ROTS Battle Droids
4 = 2 TSC Battle Droid 2-packs
2 = Battle Droid and Security Battle Droid from Sith Lord Attack Battle Pack
2 = 1 Saga Legends 2 pack tan Battle Droids

2 Saga 2002 Super Battle Droids
1 from Saga 2002 Deluxe Yoda
1 from Saga 2003 Deluxe Super Battle Droid Builder
2 ROTS Super Battle Droids
2 TSC Super Battle Droids
2 TAC Super Battle Droids
1 Super Battle Droid/Republic Commando Battle Pack

2 Episode I Destroyer Droids
1 Episode I Battle Damaged Destroyer Droid
3 Saga 2002 Destroyer Droids
2 Destroyer Droids with Battle Launcher
2 ROTS Destroyer Droids
2 TAC Destroyer Droids with shield

1 Clone Wars Droid Army (Battle Droid, Super Battle Droid, Destroyer Droid)

Blue2th
03-09-2008, 02:49 PM
I noticed on the comic-2pk that the brown Super-battledroid still had the holes on his chest for the marmalade flames.

Kidhuman
03-09-2008, 06:16 PM
on average, I have 4 of each clone released and 2 of each BD release. 2 to 1 isn't bad odds for the good guys.

Well, considering a BD has been released a few times and 500 different clones have been released it makes it 2000 clones to 37 BD's.

Deoxyribonucleic
03-09-2008, 06:19 PM
Gave all mine away to my good friend's nephew. He's 11 and LOVES the prequels, so they went to a great home. Coincidently enough, his name is Liam :thumbsup: I think there was about 15 - 20.

Jedi_Kal-El
03-09-2008, 06:22 PM
I noticed on the comic-2pk that the brown Super-battledroid still had the holes on his chest for the marmalade flames.

They have some pack-in charges that come with the clone that you can fill the holes with on the SBD.

dr_evazan22
03-09-2008, 06:28 PM

Thanks.:thumbsup:

As much as I'd like to continue to get more BD's, I've stopped buying them until they do something about those legs. I just have way too many to justify what feels like throwing good money away on more of the same.

jedi master sal
03-10-2008, 04:50 PM
Not as many as I once had.

Just ask Sal! ;)

Yes, and again thank you.

As a quick guess and that's all it is at the moment,

I have around 250 battle droids. Probably more, I'll have to check my data base though.

The clones outnumber them heavily though. I'm guessing by now it's a 5:1 ratio clones to battle droids. However, I do have super battle droids and destroyer droids that help the CIS. Add to those the dwarf spider droids and Hailfire droids, and the soon to be Homing spider droids, and that army looks more impressive.

Then again, the clones, have AT-RTs, AT-APs, Gunships, and soon the AT-TE. So the CIS will once again look like a slag heap of metal compared to the awesomeness that is the GAR!

-Sal

2-1B
03-10-2008, 08:54 PM
Sal, I gotta see some pics of your armies. :thumbsup:

jedi master sal
03-18-2008, 10:02 AM
Sure enough. Actually I've had several people ask to see pics of them. Last year I had wanted to dig them out of storage, set them up and snap off some pics. I may jut do that this year. Since after the Kashyyyk trooper I'll be unofficially retired from large army building, my armies at that point will be about as big as they're ever going to be.

Just a brief recollection off the top of my head though, I can tell you that I have the following amounts in troops (again this is approx as I'm trying to recall from the last time I cataloged):
ROTS:
120X Utapau troopers
80X 501st (various molds)
45X ELITE Kashyyyk troopers (not the new ones-so far I only have 3 of those)
24X Galactic Marines
20X Coruscant troopers
20X Shocktroopers
20X Bly's troopers
16 Airborne troopers
60X #6 mold al white troopers
20X #41 troopers (originals with "battle damage")
18-20 Grey Clone Commanders
14X AT-TE gunners (though actually I think it's even more than this)
8X Mace's clones battle packs (1 commander and 3 grunts each totalling 8 commanders and 24 grunts) plus I have a few extra grunts from trades
8X Target Clones
8X 5th fleet security
8X green Utapau clones (I can't remember their correct name, but they are the same as the Utapau clones, just green instead of orange
6X Clone Engineers (the carded ones, not the one from the Battlefront II battle pack)
10X training clones
6X red clone commanders
4-6X green clone commanders
4X 7th Legion
6X Hawkbat clones
10X AT-RT drivers
4X Utapau shadow clone
3-4X Covert Ops troopers (the grayish one with purple markings)
4X each set of the clones 3-packs (blue, green and brown) at least, I think it's more though
6X Scorch
1 Delta Squad Battle pack
There's still more I'm not counting here in variations I just can't recall at the moment. So, it's pretty easy to see that my claim of 500-600 ROTS (and ROTS related EU) clones is not off the mark. This also doesn't include clones of different scale such as the 12inch, unleashed, mini unleashed, and miniatures.

I'm similar in numbers with AOTC clones as well. I know I have at least 50-60 (possibly more) Officers between the 4 types and several hundred white clones. Then there are ARC troopers as well which I've got about 25-30 in some variation of.

Honestly I'm excited about the idea of setting these up for one huge photo. My problem is I just don't have that kind of space anywhere to do this. No room in my apartment that for sure. No room in storage either. So that's really about the only thing that keeps me from taking pictures of them all at once. Otherwise I can set them up army by army. But really, I DO want to get them all out at once and take the pictures.

Had Hasbro made the Legends line cheaper (since afterall they ARE old molds) I would have undoubtedly bought MORE clones.

Heh, but after listing this you can see where my battle droid army, while large, is nothing next to the might of my AOTC or ROTS Grand Army of the Republic.

-Sal