PDA

View Full Version : Are the Royal Guards clones in ATOC... ?

Darth Ovori
02-13-2002, 06:42 PM
Very curious to know... I know it conflicts with the comic...

But knowing GL he doe's tend to changes things for the movies benefit...

SithDroid
02-13-2002, 06:58 PM
Well the Imperial Guards, if I'm not mistaken, are supposed to be Jedi guards, or Sith actually. So if they are clones then they would have to be clones of Jedis. But Lucas could just as well decide against that as well and just say, yep they are just regular clones with no special powers.

Darth Ovori
02-13-2002, 07:02 PM
That would be lame, cause if they have no special powers then they would be like stormtroopers...

Surely they must be at Jedi ranks... Dammit wish they had light sabers...

SithDroid
02-13-2002, 07:12 PM
They are supposed to, at least in EU they are. But you know GL likes to mess with the EU stuff.

Lord Tenebrous
02-13-2002, 07:41 PM
Clones appear to be a touchy issue during the time between TPM and AOTC. But since Palpatine (Sidious/Sido-Dyas) is responsible for the clone commission in the first place, I find it possible for several of the clones of Jango to be acquired early and trained as guards.

Palpatine could easily say that the guards cannot remove their helmets because knowing their identity will jeopardize their ability to protect themselves and the Republic. When actually, he doesn't want them seen because they all look alike.

master jedi
02-13-2002, 07:58 PM
I read somewhere that the Royal Guards are advanced Stormtroopers. Since Stormtroopers are clones then that would make Royal Guards clones as well.

Co Jo-Da
02-13-2002, 09:29 PM
I don't think so... The guards from The Phantom Menace have just changed uniforms...

master jedi
02-13-2002, 10:19 PM
or they're advanced clones that they made grow faster.

Wolfwood319
02-13-2002, 10:21 PM
Or they're clone midgets stacked on top of one another. Think about it, have we ever seen underneath those robes?

SithDroid
02-14-2002, 12:56 AM
The comic Crimson Empire is about one of Palpatines Royal Guards. I read it a long time ago and can't remember if they are Jedi or they are an advanced fighting Stormtrooper. Can anyone remember?

Darth Ovori
02-14-2002, 11:37 AM
Just went through them... Forgot I had the comics...

They ain't clones and were hand picked from Elite Stormtroopers...

They're the next best thing just before Jedi Knights...

General Veers
02-14-2002, 03:12 PM
But George Lucas, doesn't have to follow the EU Right?:p ;)

Rollo Tomassi
02-14-2002, 03:28 PM
I never read those Crimson Empire comics, but I always thought Royal Guards were well trained enough to be able to hold their own against someone with force capabilities (I.E. Jedi) and to that end they even had low-level force training in order to "sense" incoming attacks.

Of course, now you have to have an infection to be a Jedi, so who knows?

Darth Ovori
02-14-2002, 04:00 PM
In the comics there are also the Black Clan Stormtroopers... hmmm would be cool to see those in the movie... ;)

LTBasker
02-14-2002, 04:05 PM
The "Royal Guards" are still Coruscant Guards under CHANCELLOR Palpatine in E2, so they're just the Coruscant Guards from E1 with new garbs which later became the Royal Guard wear for the best of the best Imperial soldiers under EMPEROR Palpatine.

sith_killer_99
02-16-2002, 11:56 PM
Crimson Empire ROCKS. I really enjoed the series...both of them.

Anyway, Darth Ovori is correct. They are the elite of the elite. The best Stormtroopers are picked.

They go to a remote location and train to be bad @sses, among them ONE is hand picked by Emperor Palpatine himself. These guys even get to go head to head with the Dark Lord of the Sith himself Darth Vader. The final test, which I won't tell you about, is one of LOYALTY.

As for EP2, I believe SW Insider stated that they are simply Coruscant Guards in new outfits.