PDA

View Full Version : View out your window

Exhaust Port
03-10-2008, 09:28 AM
As you sit here what do you see out your window? If you don't have a window nearby show us your closest one.

We a little rural in this part of town so I look out across the street towards an old farm. Actually the border with the town to the north is the street so we look into the fancy, expensive town. I don't live in a fancy town but I look at one.

Rocketboy
03-10-2008, 09:58 AM
I can't see anything out the window right now because the blinds are always closed. if they were open, I'd see my old neighbor's house. And I don't want to see their house because they suck.

CaptainSolo1138
03-10-2008, 10:07 AM
I work on the bottom floor and their are gentle hills sloping upwards to the sidewalk outside, making it look (from the outside) that this is the "basement", even though we have floor-to-ceiling windows. So I see the snowy slope upward with a tree and a lamp post at the top.

At home, the computer room is in the corner of the house, so out one window I see the neighbor's house and out the other I see my backyard and garage.

mtriv73
03-10-2008, 10:49 AM
I'm on the 5th floor of a building and can see much of the rest of the military base I work on (not exactly cutting edge architecture but not too bad either) as well as a great view of some mountains in the distance. We have a lot of green space around us and I can see deer fairly often running around the grounds. It's a nice view when I have a minute to look up from the lab bench and appreciate it.

El Chuxter
03-10-2008, 12:54 PM
Depending on which direction I look, I see a foreclosed house, another foreclosed house, a third foreclosed house just beyond my neighbor's house, or a house that's being rented out so as not to become the fourth foreclosed house so close to me.

The housing crisis sucks monkey nads. My home is still worth what I paid for it, but I know that's only because nothing's sold in forever, and when these foreclosed houses sell for 1/2 of their value, that's going to make what little equity I have so far drop straight into the toilet.

TeeEye7
03-10-2008, 02:13 PM
Here is my view. A very nice spring day today. Supposed to get up to 75 degrees today.

Exhaust Port
03-10-2008, 02:34 PM
I'm jealous. I just finished digging out of our weekend snow storm which dumped 19"+ in about 24 hours. :)

TeeEye7
03-10-2008, 02:42 PM
I'm jealous. I just finished digging out of our weekend snow storm which dumped 19"+ in about 24 hours. :)

I spoke with Mabs yesterday and he was saying how bad it was. I couldn't handle it. Anything under 70 degrees and I'm a wimp about it. Anything falling out of our usually cloudless skies tends to cause panic! (My little area of California touts 300 days of sunshine a year). I much prefer the heat. Even when it cranks up here, the humidity is so low that it's tolerable.

BTW: This is a cool thread, EP! I hope more folks post photos! :yes:

JediTricks
03-10-2008, 02:50 PM
My apartment faces the courtyard, so all my current window sees is another apartment across the courtyard and a tiny patch of sky. If I were standing out on my balcony (it's beyond the living room window) I would see the top of Griffith Park and I think the Hollywood sign, but that may only be from the roof, I haven't been on my balcony in quite a while.

TeeEye's right, it's a gorgeous day here in Cali, I'm about to go burn some dinosaurs right now.

Jedi_Kal-El
03-10-2008, 03:31 PM
The only veiw from my closest window is the house next door and the big tree that's in it's yard. I do have a great view of the train tracks from the opposite window though.

Deoxyribonucleic
03-10-2008, 05:18 PM
View from my Star Wars/computer room out the sliding glass door into my backyard. Mmmmmm, a sunny high 70's today :thumbsup: Cool idea for a thread :)

TeeEye7
03-10-2008, 05:29 PM
Very nice, D!

Man, that sago palm is a hot commodity in my area. Mature plants sell for a premium. These things get dug up from homes, businesses, and ripped off from nurseries all of the time. There's so much new building (cooling down, tho, obviously) that around here they disappear if they're in plain sight (and then sold to unscrupulous landscapers).

Very nice patio! You make all of us SoCal-ers proud! :thumbsup:

Deoxyribonucleic
03-10-2008, 06:15 PM
Very nice, D!

Man, that sago palm is a hot commodity in my area. Mature plants sell for a premium. These things get dug up from homes, businesses, and ripped off from nurseries all of the time. There's so much new building (cooling down, tho, obviously) that around here they disappear if they're in plain sight (and then sold to unscrupulous landscapers).

Very nice patio! You make all of us SoCal-ers proud! :thumbsup:

Thanks! Kudos to my Mom for all of the design and my uncles, one who is a Tile guy, turned LAPD ;) and the other a Contractor for over 25 years!! I love my family!! The sago in the background has been there for about 5 years and the one in the pot in the foreground about 3 years. It was at a friend's house, she was going to throw it away and I said, gimme it, my Mom has the bestest green thumb around, she'll bring it back, and sure enough :thumbsup: Luckily, I got my Mom's green thumb. Now when my friend comes over, she always teases that she's going to steal it lol And we keep our sagos in the back precisely for the reasons you stated above. There's a neighbor up the street who has planted one in the front (which I hear in some cultures is actually bad luck) and I'm waiting for the day it gets stolen.

Exhaust Port
03-10-2008, 06:44 PM
Wow DNA, that's a great patio. I would love to have a fire pit like that. Is it wood or gas?

Slicker
03-10-2008, 07:15 PM
Here's mine. If it was a clearer day you would probably be able to see Yokohama between the Hawk and the crane on the right of the picture.

Deoxyribonucleic
03-10-2008, 07:23 PM
Wow DNA, that's a great patio. I would love to have a fire pit like that. Is it wood or gas?

Thanks EP :) It runs on gas, which is cool because I can run it with little, medium or large flames. A freakin' blackwidow made its home in there over the winter and I turned on the fire pit, but that lil sucker somehow managed to survive so I sprayed it with wasp spray lol

I have lots of summer BBQ's and the fire pit is always running, and we roast dogs and marshmallows over it for s'mores...YUMMY :thumbsup: Or just put the chairs around it and sit and talk. My tiki torches are full of citronella (sp?) to keep mosquitoes away :thumbsup:

Slicker
03-10-2008, 07:26 PM
That definitely is a pimp arsed backyard, Ox. When are we gonna have the kegger? I'm down for some drunken fun if anyone else is. Heck, maybe we can go bowling and see more of BumCake than we expected. :lipsrsealed:

Jedi_Kal-El
03-10-2008, 07:33 PM
You guys all have some pretty good views. Your backyard kicks arse Deox. If I were to take any pics, I'd wait until at least late April early May so my yard doesn't look as crappy from the winter.

Edit: And BTW Slick, I'd feel alot safer if I was looking at that big monster in my window everyday. :thumbsup:

Deoxyribonucleic
03-10-2008, 07:49 PM
Edit: And BTW Slick, I'd feel alot safer if I was looking at that big monster in my window everyday. :thumbsup:

Same! I love your view too slicks, I love looking at man made awesomeness in the form of jets, planes, boats, bridges, cranes, docks...you name it, it's awesome!

I should have a summer SSG party! :thumbsup: That would be so much fun!

bobafrett
03-10-2008, 07:55 PM
View from my Star Wars/computer room out the sliding glass door into my backyard. Mmmmmm, a sunny high 70's today :thumbsup: Cool idea for a thread :)

Bring back the bra on helmet pic! Nice backyard Deox. Mine has a bunch of dead grass in it. Also a lot of mud, I keep trying to get grass to grow, some does, but doesn't come back the next year. I'm not willing to spend a lot on grass seed because my landlord is cheap, and would flip his lid if I were to submit a bill for grass seed. I'm hoping to be out of the house I rent after my son graduates, but always uncertain is the future.

The view I see right at the moment is out my public library window, and it is completely dark. just a few lights from houses off on the otherside of the park.

No picture because I don't know how to use the libary computers to share pictures, that and I don't have my camera readily available.

CaptainSolo1138
03-10-2008, 08:38 PM
View from my Star Wars/computer room out the sliding glass door into my backyard. Mmmmmm, a sunny high 70's today :thumbsup: Cool idea for a thread :)Hmm. There's less spread-eagle Bümcake than I expected.

Here's mine. If it was a clearer day you would probably be able to see Yokohama between the Hawk and the crane on the right of the picture.Way to ruin it for everyone else, jerk. You're now the kid at the science fair with the real working volcano and we all just have stupid potato radios.:mad:

Slicker
03-10-2008, 10:02 PM
Way to ruin it for everyone else, jerk. You're now the kid at the science fair with the real working volcano and we all just have stupid potato radios.:mad:I just happened to be there at the time. I've gone to other places on the base and don't have a view of the Hawk. Although one of my favorite places to get on the net is outside (it's a bit chilly here now for that) and it gives me a great view of the pre-dreadnaught battleship Mikasa. I may have to go there and get on the net just to take a picture "out of my window" and make you even more jealous. :thumbsup:

JediTricks
03-11-2008, 01:33 AM
Here's mine. If it was a clearer day you would probably be able to see Yokohama between the Hawk and the crane on the right of the picture.Since I had already seen Deoxy's patio, yours officially wins the JT blue ribbon.

So, it turns out my view is of the Griffith Observatory, I have to drive down the street for the Hollywood sign. I had a perfect shot but the light turned green and I almost killed myself fumbling the camera phone while driving. :p

The view out my car window was spectacular today, whether looking at the snow-capped mountains to the east or the city to the south (I did a lot of driving, so a lot of the view was at 65-80mph), and I opened the sunroof so it was a lot of blue sky. Crap, I have a mild sunburn on my forearms.

jedi master sal
03-11-2008, 08:36 AM
Since I had already seen Deoxy's patio, yours officially wins the JT blue ribbon.

So, it turns out my view is of the Griffith Observatory, I have to drive down the street for the Hollywood sign. I had a perfect shot but the light turned green and I almost killed myself fumbling the camera phone while driving. :p

The view out my car window was spectacular today, whether looking at the snow-capped mountains to the east or the city to the south (I did a lot of driving, so a lot of the view was at 65-80mph), and I opened the sunroof so it was a lot of blue sky. Crap, I have a mild sunburn on my forearms.

Yeah yeah, brag about it. Meanwhile we north east folks have to deal with mounds and mounds of snow.

Well at least when the water wars begin, we up here won't be thirsty.
Salt water ain't all that cheap to desalinate, JT.

heh heh

Blue2th
03-11-2008, 09:41 AM
The view out my window: I am just a couple of miles from the Sandia Mountains to the east of me (location-location) When the sun sets they turn red just before it goes down. Hence "Sandia" which means watermelon in well, I don't know what language, probably spanish.
What's cool is when they are coated in snow it's a surreal pink color.
Right now most of the snow is melted and the pollen from Juniper and Pine is so thick you can see a haze of it when the sun peeps over them. That's the first thing to bloom around here and a major source of sneezing, watery-itchy eyes for me. :cry:

JediTricks
03-11-2008, 03:14 PM
Yeah yeah, brag about it. Meanwhile we north east folks have to deal with mounds and mounds of snow.Hey, you made your choices. :p

Well at least when the water wars begin, we up here won't be thirsty.
Salt water ain't all that cheap to desalinate, JT.

heh hehYou do know that we have plentiful water which we pipe in from the Sierra Nevadas and other surrounding areas, right? And since SoCal is population-dense AND large, we have the buying power to buy up all your water and ship it out here too. ;) Meanwhile, I haven't heard anything great about Pittsburgh's water.

The view out my window: I am just a couple of miles from the Sandia Mountains to the east of me (location-location) When the sun sets they turn red just before it goes down. Hence "Sandia" which means watermelon in well, I don't know what language, probably spanish.
What's cool is when they are coated in snow it's a surreal pink color.
Right now most of the snow is melted and the pollen from Juniper and Pine is so thick you can see a haze of it when the sun peeps over them. That's the first thing to bloom around here and a major source of sneezing, watery-itchy eyes for me. :cry:Yeah, it's spanish.

Such a poetic post cut down by that last sentence. :D

Blue2th
03-11-2008, 10:46 PM
Such a poetic post cut down by that last sentence. :D

Yeah, it's the bitter with the sweet.

TeeEye7
04-06-2008, 03:14 PM
Time for an update now that the azaleas are blooming:

Deoxyribonucleic
04-06-2008, 03:19 PM
Time for an update now that the azaleas are blooming:

You ah, got a little bit o dirt on the lower, right corner of that window frame that needs some cleanin' Mister!

;)

Wow, I bet it smells so good outside there right now. Looks GREAT:thumbsup:

Bel-Cam Jos
04-07-2008, 06:54 PM
Depending on how far I lean back in my chair [OOOOFPH!!]... sorry. I can see one of three windahs, plus a frosted skylight that shows you nothing (unless a crow walks on it). So I zoomed in and took these wonderful, details pics o' my views:

To the SW, a wall.
To the NW, my backyard.
To the NE, my frontyard.

Amazing, like a candy-coated chocolate, or a Met.

Jargo
04-09-2008, 04:23 PM
chintzy.

I keep meaning to take a photo for this thread but keep forgetting. had a lovely sunny day today as well. I was draged off to TRU though so once again an opportunity passed. I will try. and it won't be worth the wait. but i shall try.

TeeEye7
04-11-2008, 03:37 AM
Here's my view at work:
Now do you know why they call us "pigs"?

Jedi_Kal-El
04-11-2008, 07:38 AM
Here's my view at work:
Now do you know why they call us "pigs"?

No work desk is complete without clutter, TI.:thumbsup:

Jargo
04-12-2008, 06:01 AM
K, i took a picture on my phone. Only now i can't find the damn cable to get it onto my PC. My blu-tooth dongle won't work and it's a tad frustrating. Me wanna plaaaaaaaaaaay :(

jedi master sal
04-13-2008, 09:30 AM
...My blu-tooth dongle won't work and it's a tad frustrating. Me wanna plaaaaaaaaaaay :(

Oh I could SO misquote you Jargo it isn't funny...wait, yeah it is!

Jargo
04-14-2008, 12:48 PM
Finally found a cable and got these pics uploaded. prepare to be underwhelmed by my neighbourhood..... :thumbsup:

jedi master sal
04-14-2008, 02:38 PM
Finally found a cable and got these pics uploaded. prepare to be underwhelmed by my neighbourhood..... :thumbsup:

Something makes me think "Zombie movie" when I look at your pics there Jargo. Can't say why though. Weird, huh?

mabudonicus
04-14-2008, 03:22 PM
Hey Jargo, them folks with the organ and the naked kids still live there across the street??

That classic tale sprung into vivid life upon seeing those pics :D
:bored: Iso&Baws
I hope they've moved along

Jargo
04-14-2008, 04:10 PM
hmmm my neighbours are more pondlife than zombie dead.

the guy with the naked kids and god knows what in his basement was busted for drugs and sent down to a place of incarceration. Not before he and his 'wife' had a huge fight and he threw her against a radiator breaking her ribs. it took their landlord a week to clear the house of filth and junk. apparently there was dog poo in all the rooms and the back of the house was blackened by some sort of fire they'd had. right pikeys they were.

I just realised I didn't say where the view was from, that's out of my bedroom window at the back of the house. what i see if I turn away from my PC. the view from the front is even less inspiring. about 20 feet between my front door and the house opposite's front door. just a view of terraced houses.

hopefully I'll be moving house soon. as much as i like kids there's now six hundred under twelves in my street of eleven houses. it's like children of the corn or something. lol

TeeEye7
04-14-2008, 04:26 PM
the guy with the naked kids and god knows what in his basement was busted for drugs and sent down to a place of incarceration. Not before he and his 'wife' had a huge fight and he threw her against a radiator breaking her ribs. it took their landlord a week to clear the house of filth and junk. apparently there was dog poo in all the rooms and the back of the house was blackened by some sort of fire they'd had. right pikeys they were.

It's LANNY!

(UK style!)

bobafrett
05-08-2008, 09:34 AM
I finally got to take a picture of the view outside my window. This is what I look at when I spin around and look behind me if I'm sitting at my computer desk. You can see a Lilac bush, there are two more evenly spaced between my house and the brick wall. Once the lilacs are gone, then they are just lawn obstacles that I have to mow around.

Speaking of my computer desk. I also am attaching a picture of that, seeing as I garbage picked it last month when the town I live in has free trash pick up day. You see once a year you can throw away anything, large or small and you don't have to buy trash stickers to have it hauled away. Otherwise anything over one outside garbage can, you are supposed to purchase garbage refuse stickers for, so if I have a second can of trash, I have to pay an extra $1.75 to get it hauled, throw out a couch, another sticker, leaf debris, well that's another sticker entirely, and it has to be in a brown lawn bag.

So on the one day you can drive around my town, and pick up some decent stuff. The guy who owned the desk ha it partially disassembled and had all the screws required to put it back together, as well as the instructions. He even helped me load it into my car. It's a lot nicer than the desk I had before. Best of all, it was FREE!

bobafrett
05-08-2008, 09:48 AM
Okay, so after I showed you a glimpse of the Lilac bushes outside my window, I decided I need to show you my lilac bushes from the outside. In one of the photos, along the right side of the picture, you will notice the window from which I look out.

CaptainSolo1138
05-08-2008, 10:33 AM
It's LANNY!

(UK style!)
Lannyshireington

Blue2th
05-08-2008, 10:51 AM
hmmm my neighbours are more pondlife than zombie dead.

hopefully I'll be moving house soon. as much as i like kids there's now six hundred under twelves in my street of eleven houses. it's like children of the corn or something. lol
Somehow it's comforting to know there's white trash in other countries too.

Jargo
05-08-2008, 04:31 PM
It's a plague upon humanity is what that is. a creeping plague. like necrotising fascistitis.

god right now i'm sitting here listening to ambient chillout choons and some white trash females are having a party in their back yard. their singing sounds like speeded up whale banter. or cows in labour. earlier on as i was taking an afternoon nap the polish neighbours were playing their radio at twenty gazillion decibels. some cruddy commercial station. and it was setting off every dog in the neighbourhood barking at full blast. I really must figure out a way to get the blu-tooth headphones working properly. shut all the noise out. oh and one of closest neighbours chopped down a Japanese Maple tree this weekend gone. the woman who lived there before left a beautiful garden culled from clippings taken at the bottanical gardens she worked at not to mention clippings from the Eden Project down south somewhere. And my neighbour has systematicaly hacked it all down so his A.D.D. kid can drive his peddle car backwards and forwards repeatedly from dawn til dusk. The Japanese Maple was beautiful. big too. must have been there donkeys years. :(

TeeEye7
05-08-2008, 07:31 PM
oh and one of closest neighbours chopped down a Japanese Maple tree this weekend gone.

:frus::mad::frus:
Japanese maples are one of Nature's best creations! What a (Lanny) moron!
He's the kind of guy who should be buried in the ground with just his arse showing so that it can be used as a public bicycle rack!

Your neighbor is a jerk! (But I don't have to tell you that).

InsaneJediGirl
05-08-2008, 07:40 PM
The view out my window right now is the college parking lot and the tops of the buildings connected to this one. Amazing view :rolleyes:

El Chuxter
05-08-2008, 07:54 PM
There's a naked man standing outside my window. I don't know who he is. Excuse me, I'm going to go ask him.

Lowly Bantha Cleaner
05-10-2008, 12:26 PM
Here is the (less than) pleasant view of what it looks like currently outside of my window.

I am quite scared.

TeeEye7
05-10-2008, 06:53 PM
That view is quite precious, LBC!

Tycho
05-11-2008, 05:57 AM
I have 2 balconies that overlook the main round-a-bout drive and open park space in my rather large apartment community.

I couldn't sleep for the moment (I slept from like 6pm - 11pm already tonight and have been up and down sporadically), so I turned the heat off (I keep my place at 85 but sometimes it gets too much for me, so I just shut it off and let it cool down on its own to about 82. And I stepped out on the large balcony to cool down. I wore my white bathrobe (looks like ANH Obi-Wan's inner Jedi robe) and brought my Darth Maul FX lightsaber with me (in single-blade mode).

The large sliding glass doors that are one accessway out to my larger balcony reflect really well and I can watch my reflection like it's a large mirror in which to practice my lightsaber forms. I have a lot more space on my balcony for the full double-blade exercises, but my batteries are dead for one of the Maul blades and I want to replace both at the same time, so I'm using a single blade while I still have working batteries in one-half of the saber.

It's also really quiet at this time of night, so once in a while, I'll let loose a major flatulation noise that I make with my hands pressed to my face and it echoes across my complex like Godzilla farted! I guess others can't hear it very well, or aren't sure how to react to it, since I got no response to several farts I periodically let loose. Maybe people thought they were natural so it wasn't regarded as much as an annoying nuiscance noise like it was supposed to be. Disappointed, I quit after getting no attention - not even Security who I only saw at a distance.

I did observe unusual people at 3:30 in the morning. That was interesting. I was going to start a separate thread about that, but this is as good of place as any. I'll post about the others I observed later. Folks don't read long 'net posts any more, and I need to give you some time in case anyone wants to react to my lightsaber training or my farting noises first.

Blue2th
05-11-2008, 07:52 AM
What, no primal screaming anymore? Did you get that out of your system already?

Tycho
05-11-2008, 10:15 AM
What, no primal screaming anymore? Did you get that out of your system already?

No. That's really an in-the-shower-thing.

I'm a very personally clean person, so I can take 2 showers a day in my usual routine (in the a.m., and sometime in the evening, especially some time after exercising or a swim if my energy is up to such an activity). But while it's important to me to be clean, I am frustrated by how boring it is.

So I think that and the fact that my large bathroom is excellent for creating an echo effect, which prompts the primal screaming thing. Lately it's been shouting "duh" (really loud) like a retard though. Actually, I might be a retard. But in any case, I also scream "I am not insane!" like Commander Riker does in that one episode of Star Trek.

Honestly, I also think that this helps me breathe in the steam created by the shower, and yelling "I'm really bored taking this shower!" might be even closer to the truth, but it kind of focuses on the boredom and that's a downer.

I really like my mind engaged in some intellectual activity - like reading something, learning something, writing something, or theorizing about something - then probably writing about it anyway. If I am struggling to breathe in the shower steam, even for a 10 minute shower, I am frustrated that my ability to concentrate on my thoughts is broken. So the verbal manifestation of my angst must come out in those animal calls. However, like I noted, the calls of a retard are amusing me as of lately.

I feel "dumbed down" while taking a shower, as it's related to what I posted above.

Blue2th
05-11-2008, 10:30 AM
Yup, I think humidity or extreme humidity can dull the senses. That's probably why they sell expresso everywhere in the Pacific Northwest.
I know I could hardly wake up when I visited the Olympic peninsula.

Jargo
05-11-2008, 02:59 PM
I looked out the living room window this afternoon while there was a commercial break in the middle 'the wild one' on tv. saw my fat next door neighbour hobbling and wobbling across the road wearing hot pants and a boob tube sort of affair. her skin was uncooked pastry dough colour and the dimples and stretch marks in her leg cellulite caught the sun and made interesting patterns. her bingo wings flapped in a synchopated way. her trout face was screwed up in the bright sunshine and i thought she looked a lot like the pilsbury dough boy's white trash mother.

Exhaust Port
05-11-2008, 03:41 PM
Okay, so after I showed you a glimpse of the Lilac bushes outside my window, I decided I need to show you my lilac bushes from the outside. In one of the photos, along the right side of the picture, you will notice the window from which I look out.

Nice looking lilac's. We only have 1 anemic looking lilac in our yard which the wife won't let me remove. It has a number of nice blooms in the spring but it's still waist high after quite a number of years and the dogs have taken a liking to chewing on it. When I moved in it was overrun by other plants and had a huge ant hill at it's base which I think stunted it's growth.

I grew up with a few large lilacs outside my window. The smell of their flowers reminds me of childhood summers every time. Hopefully we'll have the time and money to plant a few lilacs this year. The hope is with better placement and soil we'll end up with some healthier plants than our current Charlie Brown edition.

Blue2th
05-11-2008, 03:52 PM
I looked out the living room window this afternoon while there was a commercial break in the middle 'the wild one' on tv. saw my fat next door neighbour hobbling and wobbling across the road wearing hot pants and a boob tube sort of affair. her skin was uncooked pastry dough colour and the dimples and stretch marks in her leg cellulite caught the sun and made interesting patterns. her bingo wings flapped in a synchopated way. her trout face was screwed up in the bright sunshine and i thought she looked a lot like the pilsbury dough boy's white trash mother.

Wow! what a picture in my mind. :ninja:

Tycho
05-11-2008, 11:40 PM
Jargo, have you considered writing for publication? You can be pretty thorougly descriptive.

Jargo
05-12-2008, 04:16 AM
to write for publication I'd need talent. sadly my real efforts at writing have lead me to the conclusion that it's best left to those with a real grasp of the english language.
I also discovered that when I'm being serious people find it amusing, and when I try being funny people take it too seriously. Back in 1998 I was doing a retake on my english exms and I wrote a composition as per my teachers request, and created a tale of radioactive sheep turned savage, after a pharmaceutical company dumped waste in an underground reservoir that fed into a stream the sheep drank from. my teacher spent the whole time she was reading it laughing her head off.
I suppose it was nice to make someone laugh but that wasn't my intention

Battle Droid
06-12-2008, 04:37 PM
It's not much of a view.lol

Bel-Cam Jos
08-08-2008, 05:39 PM
This was just plain weird. It'll take some time to tell, so ignore the following if you despise long, seemingly-useless stories with several asides. :p

Okay. This afternoon, I looked out my front window. On the porch are some plants, a windchime, and a glider seat. Well, on this glider is... a small hawk. :eek: Really. I saw its head move, its wings lightly flapped. I'd loaned my digital camera to my mom who's on a two-week out-of-state vacation (and ironic, that the Go-Gos song "Vacation" just finished on the Totally Awesome 80s Mix Tape CD I'm listening to), so I was thinking of how I could capture this semi-odd occurance of natural-life-meets-urban-life. A-ha! I still have my 35mm camera (remember those, kiddies? :rolleyes: ). I looked through the "technology drawer" and found a camera. Didn't quite look like what I'd remembered, but it's been a few years. Do I actually have any film? Yes! One left. I checked; do I have a backup battery in case this one's dead? Also yes! So, I load the film; it won't take a picture, but shows the "E" on the register (for "error" :( ). Then, I remembered this is the older camera; the "newer" one's on the CD shelf (where I'd picked up this '80s CD! :mad: ). But, you can't just pull out film from a camera and re-use it, right? Heck, nothing to lose. FYI... you still can't do that. Anyhow, the hawk's still there, ignorant of my plight. Then, I thought, I can go to the store, just across the street, maybe a half a mile away. But, if I pull the car out of the driveway, it might scare away the bird. So, I grab my house keys, my wallet, a hat, and jogged over there (it's 90 degrees and humid... stupid?). I buy one of the few rolls still left (yes, there's a dust layer on the box), jog back home. I see the trash truck (Fri. is trash pick up day here), starting up the street. No! Don't freak the bird out! I get home. Is the hawk still there? Yes! I load the film (it actually has the name of the grocery store, Stater Bros., printed on the cannister :highquality: ), with no dreaded "E" showing. Alright. I take a picture from inside the house. The flash goes off, but while the hawk looks around, it does fly off. Good. I walk slowly around the house, turn on the camera before I reach the porch so the whirring doesn't frighten it. I crouch around the bushes, deciding how to take this shot. I saw it, it saw me, then flew off. I did get an "action shot" of it flapping away (wow, that's rare :rolleyes: ). I noticed that it left some "waste" on the glider, so I took photographic proof of that, too. The hawk did not return, at least not 20 minutes later. And interestingly, several years ago, a crane stopped off in the backyard, probably because it thought the above-ground pool was a lake and stayed overnight, just walking around the deck. Birds of a feather, flock together?

Anyhow, the view out my window today.

TeeEye7
08-17-2008, 02:43 AM
It's finally nice and quiet the house. Just a bit past twelve thirty in the AM, and I'm being visited by a familiar friend through my window as I sit here:

Tycho
08-21-2008, 01:00 PM
You know that alien from Star Trek TOS?

It looked just like that - like the special effects budget for a 1960's era sci-fi television series.

TeeEye7
08-21-2008, 09:46 PM
Do you mean Bob the Alien?

Tycho
08-22-2008, 02:03 AM
No. His cousin, Al the Other Alien.

I think they alternated starring in TOS episodes.

Old Fossil
08-22-2008, 04:03 PM
This is a deer that was eating pears in our back yard a few weeks ago.

Bel-Cam Jos
08-22-2008, 04:44 PM
Had to move fast for this action shot! So sorry for the blinds getting in the way...

Tycho
08-24-2008, 04:36 PM
Old Fossil, you live in some beautiful country!

Bel-Cam, what are we looking at? The City picking up your recycling from your POV through your window blinds?

Outside my window, the California sun is shinning and we call this daylight. Later when the sun goes down, everything will get dark. We will call this night. I may very well ignore all of that if I'm still sitting here at my computer.

Old Fossil
08-24-2008, 08:36 PM
Old Fossil, you live in some beautiful country!

Thanks, Tycho. Lots of greenery here.:)

We have also had a pair of red foxes that have been visiting our yard, two or three evenings a week on average, for the past three years. The attached image is very dark, but you can somewhat make out the fox.

These foxes exhibit some strange behavior. Last year I started finding newspapers in our back yard, still bound and wrapped in plastic. After a few weeks I figured out that the foxes were stealing them from the homes in our neighborhood, and taking them to our back yard to play with! (I'm pretty sure it's them; they usually mark them, if you take my meaning.)

Tycho
08-25-2008, 02:49 AM
You could confuse the heck out of them. Why don't YOU steal your neighbor's paper and "mark it yourself," and then deposit it in your backyard.

Meanwhile, if your neighbor were to ever register on this site, one day we might see a post, "So while I was looking at the view outside my window, there was this really weird guy and..." Hehe.

sergiurusu
08-25-2008, 06:57 AM
this is what I see

Old Fossil
08-25-2008, 06:13 PM
Do you live in Bucharest, sergiurusu?

Bel-Cam Jos
08-26-2008, 09:24 PM
Bel-Cam, what are we looking at? The City picking up your recycling from your POV through your window blinds?Yes. That was exactly what it was. Amazing, eh? :rolleyes:

BTW, I got my pictures back with the bird on my porch, and it's really hard to tell what it is, so I shant post them here.

Jargo
08-30-2008, 08:37 PM
this is what i see right now. some little punk took out all the street lamps.

scruffziller
08-31-2008, 09:35 AM
Hell no! That is an awesome view of English architecture.

Here is the view at casa de Ziller.

Jargo
08-31-2008, 10:25 AM
i think whatever the view, if there are trees in it and you can at least see some greenery then it's worth looking at.

scruffziller
08-31-2008, 12:25 PM
i think whatever the view, if there are trees in it and you can at least see some greenery then it's worth looking at.
Your neighboorhood reminds me of some scenes from Trainspotting. :razz: I love that movie.

Jargo
08-31-2008, 01:07 PM
Your neighboorhood reminds me of some scenes from Trainspotting. :razz: I love that movie.

Boorish certainly describes a lot of my neighbours. hehe. :yes:

LTBasker
08-31-2008, 03:28 PM
This is the best I could do with my lacking camera skills to show off the external visage that haunts my retinas on the occasion I have the random desire to raise the shield of my sanctuary.

First picture is a shot of the window blinds down, and what you see once they're raised.
Second picture is closer to the window to show more of what you see if you move from side to side.

Note: Ignore the oddly-positioned canopy on the dog kennel (if you noticed at all), a storm raised it up like that yesterday.

scruffziller
09-04-2008, 12:04 PM
As you sit here what do you see out your window? If you don't have a window nearby show us your closest one.

We a little rural in this part of town so I look out across the street towards an old farm. Actually the border with the town to the north is the street so we look into the fancy, expensive town. I don't live in a fancy town but I look at one.
Hee hee. In the thumbnail, the shadow looks like clear, blue water and the snow looked like white sand.:D

Bel-Cam Jos
10-25-2008, 08:53 AM
Not so much the VIEW as with other senses, but the fruitless mulberry tree in my front yard apparently has EVERY SINGLE BIRD IN THE NEIGHBORHOOD nesting in it. Around 6am each morning (and around 5-6pm), they just go at it like they're at an Eagle's concert (or The Byrds, or requesting Skynard's looooong song, watching the Cardinals play National Flying League sports). Loud birds, they are, and you can see the branches shaking, too.

Exhaust Port
10-25-2008, 10:59 AM
Hee hee. In the thumbnail, the shadow looks like clear, blue water and the snow looked like white sand.:D

I never noticed that. :) I'll advertise beachfront property if I ever sell. :D

Bel-Cam Jos
11-01-2008, 08:43 AM
My classroom window faces north, so not only can you see the mountains and wall of the tennis courts (as well as my arm), there's a double rainbow. Cool!

Jargo
11-01-2008, 12:07 PM
My lover just moved up north to be closer to me and found a fantastic apartment on historic Hamilton square. Grade 1 listed and protected and possibly crumbling due to being made from sandstone Hamilton square was the seat of local government until just recently. The town hall has been seen in many movies and TV dramas. Owing to the front facade's highly generic quality. Also the fact that it's a cheap location with good access. I took these pics with my cell phone camera last thursday morning. excellent view and quite surreal to wake up and walk into the living room and see when you're used to a very urban view first thing.

Exhaust Port
11-01-2008, 01:21 PM
My classroom window faces north, so not only can you see the mountains and wall of the tennis courts (as well as my arm), there's a double rainbow. Cool!

It looks like a prison (with desks).

Tycho
11-01-2008, 07:41 PM
When I look outside my window, I notice that it's not up high enough for me to jump. At best, I'll only break some bones unless I manage a perfect swan dive, September 11th Style. Then I can hope for a spinal column snap. But in case I don't manage that, there has got to be a better way...

Bel-Cam Jos
11-02-2008, 08:16 AM
It looks like a prison (with desks).Ah, I see you've heard from/been a student there, eh? :p

bobafrett
11-02-2008, 01:00 PM
When I look outside my window, I notice that it's not up high enough for me to jump. At best, I'll only break some bones unless I manage a perfect swan dive, September 11th Style. Then I can hope for a spinal column snap. But in case I don't manage that, there has got to be a better way...

Try to keep positive about your situation Josh. I don't know if you are just bieng Tycho, or turning to a darker mindset.

TeeEye7
12-15-2008, 05:57 PM
We've been enjoying some much needed rain and cold temperatures. Wonderful cumulus clouds are putting on quite a show now, too. Our skies are normally clear without much character. This may be boring to most, but it's a treat for me!

Bel-Cam Jos
12-17-2008, 07:09 PM
My classroom (see above) has been leaking from above the window, and my cinderblock wall has had leaks (worst? from around the electrical outlets :eek: ), too. We had sideways rain much of today. And now that it's dark outside, nothing worth seeing (or, at least would show up in a photo).

But our mountains are white with snow, when you can see 'em.

TeeEye7
04-07-2009, 10:29 AM
OK. This is cheating a little bit. If you were to look out onto my patio, you would see my North American pitcher plants and Venus flytraps. I've put them where I could get some better photos. They're carnivorous!

Mabudonicus has been helping me for the past two years with my efforts to grow them. Last year only one pitcher plant had two blossoms. This year, three plants have gone nuts! The blooms will open any day now. They are very exotic looking. More photos when they do open!

:beard: Iso&Baws

This is a fun hobby for me! Thanks mabs! :thumbsup:

mtriv73
04-07-2009, 10:41 AM
Nice plants. My wife has a pitcher plant in her lab. There is a lab down the hall from her that does a lot of work with fruit flies and they have a lot of escapees. Consequently, her plant is well fed.

mabudonicus
04-07-2009, 10:42 AM
Holy crow TeeEye, that is really impressive- told ya chopping the pitchers off was the right idea, them plants are gonna be spectacular this year, great work!!
Mine are under an inch of snow today

TeeEye7
04-07-2009, 10:47 AM
Nice plants. My wife has a pitcher plant in her lab. There is a lab down the hall from her that does a lot of work with fruit flies and they have a lot of escapees. Consequently, her plant is well fed.

Thanks! I have the best mentor imaginable! :thumbsup:

Holy crow TeeEye, that is really impressive- told ya chopping the pitchers off was the right idea, them plants are gonna be spectacular this year, great work!!
Mine are under an inch of snow today

I have you to thank, sir! They've been a lot happier since they were trimmed!

TeeEye7
04-12-2009, 01:51 PM
Time for an update! The blossoms have opened!

sergiurusu
04-12-2009, 02:23 PM
Do you live in Bucharest, sergiurusu?

Arad city, western part of Romania called Transilvania :)

Sergiu

Exhaust Port
04-12-2009, 07:29 PM
Awesome pix!

TeeEye7
04-12-2009, 07:31 PM
Awesome pix!

Agreed! The middle picture almost looks like the Northern Lights! What vibrant colors!

Tycho
04-17-2009, 03:31 PM
I just opened my blinds for the first time today about 2pm.

Godzilla has arisen from the San Diego River and is eating a spaceship that was trying to make a landing. The little green men are all falling out scared and splattering on the ground. Vince Offer is trying to clean the stains with a Sham-Wow. His hooker is with him and she looks a lot like Rhianna. Maybe he just beat her up? Meanwhile, my pet gray whale is swimming in the outdoor fountain and someone's dog is barking at it. The sky is pink today with blue polka dots. And oh yeah, I just saw my drug dealer getting into his car to leave, bound for his next stop. :crazed:

bobafrett
04-17-2009, 03:34 PM
Next round of Meds for Tycho please.

pbarnard
04-17-2009, 03:59 PM
I'm still on the interior of a building designed with a layout of a DNA helix. I have no windows. I have a concrete brick wall painted white.

TeeEye7
04-17-2009, 07:27 PM
Godzilla has arisen from the San Diego River and is eating a spaceship that was trying to make a landing. The little green men are all falling out scared and splattering on the ground. Vince Offer is trying to clean the stains with a Sham-Wow. His hooker is with him and she looks a lot like Rhianna. Maybe he just beat her up? Meanwhile, my pet gray whale is swimming in the outdoor fountain and someone's dog is barking at it. The sky is pink today with blue polka dots. And oh yeah, I just saw my drug dealer getting into his car to leave, bound for his next stop. :crazed:

Isn't this an excerpt from the San Diego Bureau of Tourism brochure?

Tycho
04-17-2009, 07:34 PM
Isn't this an excerpt from the San Diego Bureau of Tourism brochure?

No. That one's pure fantasy, as it reads "The World Series Winning San Diego Padres" and "the Superbowl Champion San Diego Chargers." Not only that, they say they've expanded the hotel room accomodations for Comic Con, too.

So you know that one's not real. So when you read more mundane stuff like about how frequently Godzilla and flying saucers visit mid-City San Diego, near the location where I live, then you know it's all true.

bobafrett
04-17-2009, 08:34 PM
My wife and I went out for dinner, when we went in the restaurant, it was 72 degrees out, when we left it was in the low 60's and was a bit cooler.

JimJamBonds
04-19-2009, 11:15 AM
Rain... blahh.... 40's.

Tycho
04-19-2009, 11:33 AM
I'm in a white room without any windows. There is no furniture. My arms are clinging against my chest, but I can't seem to move them. But I'm wearing a warm jacket. It's white also. The walls are comfortable and soft. I think I'll lean against one and talk some more with my invisible alien friends from another dimension. Hope you're having a good day. I'm a little confused about mine at the moment. :crazed:

LTBasker
04-19-2009, 12:21 PM
Just remember those aren't pads on the walls. They're albino mouse droids, and they've come to take you to your happy place.

Go to your happy place.

Bel-Cam Jos
05-17-2009, 08:50 AM
Before you check out the pic (if it loads, of course), listen to my story. So, I see this tuft of fur or hair in the front lawn, and I think, I hope that's not a bird because we've got a few hunting cats around the neighborhood. And the tree is a nice place for birds to nest or just rest. Then I thought, maybe it's a ball of fur, because those same hunter cats sometimes get into, well, cat fights.

So I look at it. I even said this out loud, "that's a CAT HEAD?!?" :eek: And so it is. There were leg bones, some smaller bones, tufts of hair, and this head. :eww:

TeeEye7, can you send your brother, CatEye9 to do a CSI (cat severed investigation) on this one? :pleased:

TeeEye7
05-17-2009, 04:56 PM
TeeEye7, can you send your brother, CatEye9 to do a CSI (cat severed investigation) on this one? :pleased:

Can do. I'll make sure he dispatches Deputy Dawg and Ricochet Rabbit for assistance. I have a feeling Wyle E. Coyote will "head" the list of the usual suspects! :bandit:

bobafrett
05-17-2009, 05:00 PM
So I look at it. I even said this out loud, "that's a CAT HEAD?!?" :eek: And so it is. There were leg bones, some smaller bones, tufts of hair, and this head. :eww:

Gee, thanks for sharing that......NOT!

TeeEye7
05-17-2009, 05:24 PM
On second thought, we may have to gather up the Ontario Reign hockey team for interrogation. Obviously there's been a face-off.

JediTricks
05-17-2009, 05:48 PM
That made me sad. My guess is coyotes.

Tycho
05-18-2009, 07:50 AM
I love cats. That's enough of those kind of pictures for me.

Maybe TeeEye can post pictures of dead, beheaded people.

I'd post mine but I can't afford having my handiwork being traced down on the internet. :twisted:

Actually, I think I can get gross pictures of my removed, diseased kidneys. I'll ask my doctor on Thursday.

TeeEye7
05-18-2009, 10:59 AM
Maybe TeeEye can post pictures of dead, beheaded people.

Er................................................ .................................................. .................................................. ...............no.

I come here to get away from that sort of thing. I have stuff like this recent case to put up with:
http://www.kget.com/news/local/story/Blind-Bakersfield-boy-Daddy-ate-my-eyes/RK0Wdl1WTUCH5BlkgKlGuA.cspx?rss=91

bobafrett
05-18-2009, 04:41 PM
Er................................................ .................................................. .................................................. ...............no.

I come here to get away from that sort of thing. I have stuff like this recent case to put up with:
http://www.kget.com/news/local/story/Blind-Bakersfield-boy-Daddy-ate-my-eyes/RK0Wdl1WTUCH5BlkgKlGuA.cspx?rss=91

Wow, that is terrible. How anyone can do such a thing to a young child. Majke me wish I weren't a part of the human race. :cry:

JediTricks
05-18-2009, 05:51 PM
Not a mod request at this point, but I think we need to stop posting this stuff guys.

I am fairly confident the guy who ate his child's eyes and tried to cut off his own legs with an axe is not in his right mind.

TeeEye7
05-18-2009, 05:56 PM
Works for me.

Here's a view I wish I could see out of my window!

Tycho
05-18-2009, 07:14 PM
I am fairly confident the guy who ate his child's eyes and tried to cut off his own legs with an axe is not in his right mind.

Really? What makes you think so?

Note: Tycho finds this very inhumane and the actions of the father extremely disturbing.

Bel-Cam Jos
05-18-2009, 08:09 PM
Sorry. Since there was no blood, it just seemed weird more than gross to me. Didn't realize it'd be seen different than that way. We do have coyotes 'round here, but I heard nothing outside that night.

I hope for more pleasant and photo-sharing-worthy stuff in the future.

TeeEye7
05-18-2009, 09:04 PM
I hope for more pleasant and photo-sharing-worthy stuff in the future.

See post #117! ;)

bobafrett
05-19-2009, 06:22 AM
See post #117! ;)

I think I can see one of the astronauts being stabbed in the heart.

TeeEye7
05-19-2009, 10:31 AM
Oh, well. I tried to get it back on topic, JT.

TeeEye7
05-23-2009, 10:31 AM
Here's the view out of one of the north windows of my office building. It's really lovely when you're working at the computer for any length of time.

mabudonicus
05-23-2009, 12:34 PM
That should get things back on track, good one Sir!

I gotta clean the windows before I post such a pic dammit!

Bel-Cam Jos
05-23-2009, 05:54 PM
Here's the backyard, minus the long-time above-ground pool, which now looks more like a paint-by-numbers for alien crop circles. Hazy mountains in the background, loranges on the lemonge trees by the wall.

JediTricks
05-23-2009, 07:11 PM
Here's a view I wish I could see out of my window!I think since there's no tether and it's not from the space station, if you were seeing that, you'd be abandoned by the Space Shuttle. ;)

Here's the view out of one of the north windows of my office building. It's really lovely when you're working at the computer for any length of time.What is that vehicle on the rear left?

TeeEye7
05-23-2009, 08:17 PM
What is that vehicle on the rear left?

That's SWAT's armored car (for when they make house calls). It was a gift from the Feds via the Government Excess Property Program started by President Clinton (we also picked up a couple of helicopters that way, too...old Hueys). To the right is our star-spangled PR van used for special events like parades and DARE events. Next to that is one of our few Jeeps we tired for patrol vehicles in our mountain and desert substations.

In the foreground are some of my unit's high-performance vehicles: one of our 3½ cylinder Ford Tauruses on the left and a Ford Expedition Sport Trac on the right (the vehicle with which we are replacing the old Tauruses bit by bit....at last a 4WD vehicle!).

JediTricks
05-24-2009, 05:49 PM
Nice gift. Can you rent it for children's parties? ;)

Woo, Ford Tauri!

TeeEye7
05-24-2009, 07:03 PM
Nice gift. Can you rent it for children's parties? ;)

We have an open house every year with special attention given to Boy Scout troops (read: subliminal recruiting). They have almost full access to a lot of SWAT's toys. I guess that's the difference of being the notoriously red county in a blue state! So, it is like renting it out at kid's parties!

The Excess Property Program has saved us (and other agencies) a bunch of bucks. We've picked seemingly innocuous things like flashlights and wool blankets for our use but it helps offset expenditures for units like Search and Rescue. My unit benefited recently by scoring about 5,000 CDs with jewel cases. That saved us a few hundred bucks we can spend for other needed supplies and/or equipment.

TeeEye7
06-01-2009, 09:43 PM
Here's a bit of a better view of SWAT's toy for JT:

El Chuxter
06-01-2009, 10:43 PM
My neighbor is taking a crap on his lawn and throwing turdbombs at his kids. Not sure what's up with that.

TeeEye7
06-02-2009, 12:04 AM
Is their last name Brown? :Ponder:

bobafrett
06-02-2009, 04:31 PM
My neighbor is taking a crap on his lawn and throwing turdbombs at his kids. Not sure what's up with that.

Is their last name Brown? :Ponder:

It's a Canadian thing, you nor I understand it.

Bel-Cam Jos
06-03-2009, 10:46 PM
My neighbor is taking a crap on his lawn and throwing turdbombs at his kids. Not sure what's up with that.If is wasn't for decency and SuperMod requests, I'd demand visual proof of this.

I should've taken pics of all the weird dark clouds today.

JediTricks
06-25-2009, 08:41 PM
Here's a bit of a better view of SWAT's toy for JT:"Pizza delivery! Yeah, I don't care if it wasn't here in 30 minutes or less, you're paying. YOU'RE... PAYING." :p Awesome. Your SWAT logo is a little stylized more than I was expecting too.

TeeEye7
06-25-2009, 08:57 PM
The graphics come from our patrol cars. The "powers that be" here just had the graphics company stick the ready-made graphics on the armored car. IMO, it looks a little silly. BTW, this is the small armored car. We have a larger one that hauls more camo-ninjas. It's parked elsewhere and can't be "viewed out my window".

JediTricks
06-26-2009, 01:04 AM
They went with generic graphics? Seems so cheesy. :p

TeeEye7
06-26-2009, 10:15 AM
No, not generic. The graphics were designed for our patrol cars by a company that specializes in them for emergency vehicles. Instead of coming up with something more appropriate for the armored car, they just stuck the patrol designs on them. And yes, the result is cheesy, JT! :yes:

JediTricks
06-27-2009, 12:25 AM
Wow, they designed that special for you guys? If I was producing a movie and it used those logos, that movie would only be aired on Sci-Fi Channel Saturday night at best. :p

Bel-Cam Jos
06-27-2009, 08:13 AM
I read a study where scientists discovered that cheesy logos and designs lowered levels of anger and deviant behavior in violent criminals by 11.38%. They also park such vehicles outside prisons (read: out inmates' windows) for that same reason.

JediTricks
06-27-2009, 02:26 PM
But the scientists have forgotten to carry the 2, and the prison inmates all escape their cells and steal the police vehicles! It's anarchy run amok, all thanks to cheesy logos!

Bel-Cam Jos
08-24-2009, 05:55 PM
Here's a shot of last night's sunset. Nice clouds over the foothills.

pbarnard
08-25-2009, 09:09 AM
Still cinder blocks painted white. No window.

Bel-Cam Jos
11-02-2009, 06:44 PM
I had a visit from a cantina alien, Kitik Keed'kak, the other day. The rose is about fist-sized, so the creature was about 2" in size (the 3 3/4" figure would've beaten it in a fight, I think).

Tycho
11-27-2009, 05:39 PM
Are you going to eat that?

Bel-Cam Jos
12-12-2009, 09:11 AM
No. I know they say to eat your greens, but eww! :p

Here's our mountains seen from the front window on one of the few non-rainy days this week (but I stepped outside so the curtains weren't visible).

TeeEye7
12-12-2009, 10:49 AM
Mt. Fuji looks so nice this time of year. ;)

Very nice photo, BCJ! It reminds me of my high school days in La Crescenta. The school had a very similar back drop in the winter.

Bel-Cam Jos
01-23-2010, 09:43 AM
Clouds broke finally, and with temps in the mid-30s in the afternoon, we got snow down low in the foothills. Here's a look from this morning.

TeeEye7
01-23-2010, 05:13 PM
This is the view out of my window and down the street a little. Like BCJ, we received a nice little dusting of snow (although a lot of it has melted already).

JimJamBonds
01-23-2010, 08:38 PM
Dark and misty.

CaptainSolo1138
01-29-2010, 02:17 AM
Mine has since changed since I last posted, but I'm too lazy to post a picture.

There's a parking lot, funeral home, liquor store, gas station, day care, oil change place and office building. But not particularly in that order.

And if I really crane my neck, the Rocky Mountains.

TeeEye7
01-30-2010, 02:06 PM
Here's another view out my window (and down the street a little) from a couple of days ago.

mabudonicus
01-30-2010, 04:38 PM
Hey TeeEye7- how long would it take to walk into that mountain from where the pic was snapped?? I dunno why but that was the first thing I thought of
:beard: Iso&Baws&Topes
Seriously, I must know

TeeEye7
01-30-2010, 06:47 PM
Hey TeeEye7- how long would it take to walk into that mountain from where the pic was snapped??

That's Bear Mountain, so-named by the pioneers of this area because it has a shape like the back hump of a grizzly bear's back...which used to be plentiful here but now extinct...all we have are black bears now (the clouds somewhat obscure the top of the mountain). It's about 25 miles away ("as the crow flies") from where the photo was taken.

So, depending on how fast you walk, I think it would take the better part of a day to reach there. Unless you're JimJamBonds, who could easily make it in two hours and fifteen minutes! :thumbsup:

Bel-Cam Jos
01-31-2010, 08:51 AM
This was from last week, when the rains were here (sadly, notice the leaks on the wall of the house itself :( ). Now there's less snow on them there mountains, and less precipitation. So it ain't all bad.

JimJamBonds
01-31-2010, 11:16 AM
here's another view out my window (and down the street a little) from a couple of days ago.

beautiful!!!

Bel-Cam Jos
05-29-2010, 09:53 AM
Noticed a huge dragonfly next to the roses on the backyard wall. This dude could hold a Wookiee!

TeeEye7
05-29-2010, 03:40 PM
Noticed a huge dragonfly next to the roses on the backyard wall. This dude could hold a Wookiee!

Looks like an errant B-52 from March AFB!

JediTricks
05-30-2010, 02:42 PM
Great pic. Geez that's a big one.

Bel-Cam Jos
07-15-2010, 10:03 PM
Clouds with rain and lightning in them provide a good sunset.

TeeEye7
07-28-2010, 03:59 AM
Something caught my attention out of the East windows of my office at work today.

Photo 1: The view from my office over to the other set of offices of our unit.
Photo 2: The image on the window to the right of the door.
Photo 3: Ouch! Another bird strike! For whatever reason, our windows are a magnet for birds...or....we have a species of Kamikaze birds in our area.

Bel-Cam Jos
07-28-2010, 01:20 PM
I had one of those green slow-flying beetles almost run into my car window today. I got my window up in time, but it veered off and almost smacked into a large truck on the other side of the street. For having great vision and multiple eyes, birds and bugs aren't the wisest soarers (sorers?) sometimes.

Bel-Cam Jos
01-26-2011, 09:01 PM
I have been visited by SW character The Great Heep! Or is that Waru?

mtriv73
01-27-2011, 01:14 PM
Pretty much all I can see is snow.

El Chuxter
01-27-2011, 01:35 PM
Rahm Emmanuel is naked outside my window, covered in warpaint and making obscene gestures. Please make the bad man stop, Mommy. Please, please, please.

bigbarada
02-01-2011, 05:21 PM
The view out my kitchen window this evening:

bobafrett
02-05-2011, 07:50 PM
View out my window........24497 It shows my picnic table and my fire pit both covered in snow. This was taken Wednesday morning after much of the country was either snowed on, or had freezing rain.

TeeEye7
02-17-2011, 02:53 AM
The view out my window at work today necessitated a closer look. Looks like colleagues "down south" (as we call it) came to train with our land sharks.

I didn't see Eddie anywhere, though.

Bel-Cam Jos
02-20-2011, 09:39 AM
About 5 minutes after snapping this pic, the fog just rolled in. Where else can you have oranges and lemons growing, with a dusting of snow-capped foothills behind the waterlogged backyard sun shade (that's down for the wind-ter season).

TeeEye7
02-26-2011, 05:34 PM
Fudging a bit, here's the view out my window and down the street a bit (thanks to our recent storm):

Bel-Cam Jos
06-11-2012, 02:19 PM
I've been watching a group (family?) of lizards in the backyard the past few weeks. Some have developed personalities, as least as I determine so. I named two: Edgar, who likes to be on the edges of blocks; and Jabba, the largest one, who often just lays there, doing nothing, but other times bothering the rest to keep his own space in the sun. Including the two in front yard (getting the morning sunlight), there are at least six total (enough for a pick-up hockey team :rolleyes: ).

JediTricks
06-19-2012, 05:07 PM
Huh, I actually have something for this, for once. I put up this personal gallery yesterday, from photos I took last week...

http://www.jtreviews.com/photos/squirrel/

Tycho
06-28-2012, 01:09 AM
I like the squirrel and Bel-Cam's lizards.

Bel-Cam Jos
04-27-2013, 09:17 AM
More lizarding. Backyard has added another "named" one: Gnomey, who seems to like the spot near the backyard garden decoration. Others hiding in the front porch shrubs.

Warm weather brings out the wildlife, I suppose.

El Chuxter
05-01-2013, 09:21 PM
What has two thumbs and can see the Summit Fire disturbingly close to his house?

This guy!!

(If I go incommunicado, we've been told there's a slight chance of evacuations here.)

El Chuxter
05-01-2013, 10:49 PM
What has two thumbs and can see the Summit Fire disturbingly close to his house?
And it would appear the fire has blown to the north of us. I can't even see the telltale red glow of a wildfire from where I am, which is odd since I could've almost spit on the fire a few hours back.

Bel-Cam Jos
05-04-2013, 08:34 AM
What's that phrase? "Shoot on a hoop toward the moon, and you if you miss your field goal, you might post about it on a Star Wars site." Yeah, I think that's it.

JediTricks
05-05-2013, 03:22 PM
The palm tree is a surprising entry, that's a really impressively tall tree.

Bel-Cam Jos
05-05-2013, 08:55 PM
It's easy to find my house; look for the Lone Pine, ur, palm from a distance. It's older than some SSG Forumites here.

JediTricks
05-06-2013, 07:46 PM
It's easy to find my house; look for the Lone Pine, ur, palm from a distance. It's older than some SSG Forumites here.Are you trying to tell me that a time traveler in a DeLorean knocked down the other palm tree years ago?

(I love driving by the Puente Hills Mall and picturing the Twin Pines/Lone Pines Mall sign there.)

Bel-Cam Jos
08-30-2013, 09:24 PM
Cameras can't do it justice, but the world outside has turned sepia.

TeeEye7
08-31-2013, 02:31 AM
Cameras can't do it justice, but the world outside has turned sepia.

You must have returned to Kansas.

Bel-Cam Jos
08-31-2013, 08:51 AM
I was dreading seeing a twister in the distance. :( Just weird, brownish yellowish clouds covering the sunset.

JimJamBonds
09-03-2013, 08:49 PM
I am currently viewless with the drapes closed.

Bel-Cam Jos
09-10-2013, 08:50 PM
Last night, there was (I preface with "was" as it is no longer among the living) the largest spider I've ever seen outside of a clear container or zoo-type display. It was so heavy, its web line across the backyard sagged under its weight. About the size of a standard ice cube, with hairs all over it. Too dark to get a good photo.

Bel-Cam Jos
11-02-2013, 09:48 AM
With unusually warm weather for late Oct./early Nov., there are still lizards out and about, even if they are hiding some:

Bel-Cam Jos
06-01-2014, 09:46 AM
Guess I haven't looked out my windows in several months. There is a local city park with a small pond near here, and they needed to drain it for some reason (i.e. haven't cleaned it in about two decades). The wildlife there was moved, except for the flying birds, mainly ducks. One of them tried out here, then realized there's much less water.

JimJamBonds
06-01-2014, 07:25 PM
Trees, street, homes, grass, sidewalk.

Bel-Cam Jos
06-24-2014, 07:01 PM
Does out of a car window count? This was driving next to me on the freeway today. Fill in your own caption.

TeeEye7
06-28-2014, 05:10 PM
Does out of a car window count? This was driving next to me on the freeway today. Fill in your own caption.

Drought schmought!

TeeEye7
08-01-2014, 04:22 PM
How about a view out of the ISS window of my home away from home for a year when I was doing my grad work?