PDA

View Full Version : The Simpsons Season 11

Jek Porky 2002
03-10-2008, 02:22 PM
Anyone have any information on future Simpsons DVD releases? It's nearly a year since the release of Season 10 and things just seam to have gone quiet ever since the release of the movie on DVD just before christmas.

Have we stalled at season 10?

JimJamBonds
03-22-2008, 11:46 AM
Nearly a year? Sounds like the time gap that was going on between the first few seasons being released.

El Chuxter
03-22-2008, 01:06 PM
I'd imagine they're slowing down since they're approaching the current season. They probably don't want to be completely up-to-date.

General_Grievous
03-22-2008, 02:49 PM
I think the only reason they didn't release Season 11 this past Christmas is because "The Simpsons Movie" was released on DVD. I'd imagine they'll release season 11 this summer.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
03-22-2008, 05:44 PM
I think the only reason they didn't release Season 11 this past Christmas is because "The Simpsons Movie" was released on DVD. I'd imagine they'll release season 11 this summer.

That'd be great as if memory serves, season 11 has one of my favorite episodes, "Trash of the Titans" which has great showings from U2, Steve Martin, and the most hilariously placed version of the 'Sanford and Son' theme song, ever.

General_Grievous
03-22-2008, 06:46 PM
That'd be great as if memory serves, season 11 has one of my favorite episodes, "Trash of the Titans" which has great showings from U2, Steve Martin, and the most hilariously placed version of the 'Sanford and Son' theme song, ever.
Guyute, I think you'll be happy to know that that episode is from Season 9, which has been on DVD for over a year now. Am I right in assuming you already have that set?

Jedi_Master_Guyute
03-22-2008, 09:36 PM
Guyute, I think you'll be happy to know that that episode is from Season 9, which has been on DVD for over a year now. Am I right in assuming you already have that set?

well, i'll be damned it is. Maybe i'm thinking of a different episode. hmm.. odd. thanks though! :thumbsup:

General_Grievous
03-22-2008, 11:41 PM
Well, I can tell you the standout of season 11 for me is the episode where Homer becomes a missionary. That episode had one of the greatest Simpsons quotes of all time from Homer: "Save me, Jebus!"

Ji'dai
10-05-2008, 02:20 AM
I saw the Season 11 box set at the local Sam's Club Friday evening. This set features Krusty on the cover and was $35. WM's price is usually five bucks cheaper so I waited to get mine there (though I forgot to look today). I don't know if FOX is still doing the plastic heads. It's been so long I can't remember what head cases have been released.