PDA

View Full Version : Secret Apprentice Evolutions speculations

JediTricks
03-10-2008, 11:57 PM
Set in the dark times between the fall of the Republic and the rise of the Rebellion, Star Wars: The Force Unleashed video game explores the aftermath of Order 66 and the continued evolution of Darth Vader. The son of a fallen Jedi is abducted by Vader to be his secret apprentice. As a young adult, the apprentice must choose his destiny: Join Lord Vader and wipe out the remaining Jedi, or become a noble Jedi and bring hope to the galaxy!
They're trying to be coy about this, but I'm pretty sure the reason the Evolutions set works is because the character in the game could turn out to be either that evil Sith dude or that noble Jedi guy. The packaging suggests this, they all have the same build, the Jedi figure looks like the Secret Apprentice in the face, and the Sith and Jedi guys have the same lightsaber except for the peg and cortosis blades. Heck, even the cheat code it comes with says it gives the Secret Apprentice his "hooded Jedi" costume in the game.

My only real questions are, why doesn't the Secret Apprentice get a deactivated lightsaber hilt the way the other 2 figs get?

And who is this guy's Jedi father? That apparently could be why we keep calling him the "Secret Apprentice", the packaging says Vader took the son of a fallen Jedi to be his secret apprentice. Does that mean his father is a well-known Jedi, and if so, doesn't that mean his pops is one of the humans which limits it to Obi-Wan, Qui-Gon, and Mace? Now that I've written it down, I'm betting it'll be Qui-Gon's secret son, it fits Qui-Gon's rogue nature and has something poetic about Vader finding and training Qui-Gon's hidden son, have him straddle the line between good and evil. AND it even gets Qui-Gon back into the larger saga since he's kinda been left at the wayside.

Or maybe I don't know what the hell I'm talking about.

Jangu Fett
03-11-2008, 08:59 AM
Sorry, don'tknow aboutthe lightsabers, but. There is a lot of evidence that point to who VSA father is. It all point to Quinlan Vos. Now if that true, who knows. But, everything seen does support Vos as his father. Vos was in hidding on Kashyyyk, we get a PB. Early in the game, Vader face a rogue jedi, and find a child. Raises him to be his Apprentice. I'm not going to go through all the evidence, but this is the best. Take a looks at both pics below. And make your own guess.

Vos - http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/starwars/images/thumb/d/d4/Quinlan.jpg/469px-Quinlan.jpg

VSA - http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/starwars/images/thumb/d/d4/Secretapprenticefull.jpg/396px-Secretapprenticefull.jpg

jedi master sal
03-11-2008, 09:11 AM
I can't see the second image. Link is bad.

I do concur though that evidence has pointed towards Quinlan Vos as being the father of the Apprentice.

I just can't wait to get to the point in the game where Vader says "You're Fired," to the Apprentice, then kills him...

Sinscia Fat'o
03-11-2008, 03:39 PM
They did a good job because when i got the evo pack i thought the regular version of the apprentice was Vos. and from what i've seen the game begins of the wookie world...were Vos was hiding. So it makes a lot of sense that vos is the pops of this jedi.

JediTricks
03-11-2008, 04:10 PM
I fixed the link, it was missing the actual filename.

I'm not seeing the visual connection to Vos there. I hope you're wrong though, not only doesn't it fit the packaging since Vos isn't a fallen Jedi, but it'd be yet another over-use of this character, and it would be a stretch in terms of age - Vos was a Padawan the same time Obi-Wan was, for him to have a young adult son soon after the events of ROTS is unlikely. But he was "married" and had a son, though that son was born the same time Luke and Leia were. Honestly, it'd annoy the crap out of me if it was Vos.

Jangu Fett
03-11-2008, 05:22 PM
With the photos I was showing the outifts. Looks pretty close. Age wise?? The Force Unleashed take place over a span of years, and nobody has said how long after ROTS, the events in the game take place. Princess Leia, and Obi-Wan are confirmed to have some part in the game. And when I said Rogue Jedi, I simply meant he escaped Order 66.:thumbsup:

DarkArtist
03-11-2008, 08:39 PM
My only real questions are, why doesn't the Secret Apprentice get a deactivated lightsaber hilt the way the other 2 figures do.

what extra cortis blade and deactivated hilts. mine only came with the extra hilt for the Sith Lord.

JediTricks
03-11-2008, 10:41 PM
Oh, yeah, the costumes have some similarity, I don't pay a lot of merit to that one though, how would he or Vader know to raid dad's closets? Just because you wear the same hat as the president doesn't make you his son.

The set I have comes with 2 deactivated sabers, one that plugs onto Sith's belt, and another that slides into the holster on Jedi's hip. Those 2 hilts look the same except for the belt peg and the cortosis blades on the Sith version. The cortosis blades are at the end of Sith's saber hilt, they're represented on the role play toy as the spring-out blades (that saber also changes colors, another suggestion that Jedi and Sith in this set are both extensions of Secret Apprentice).

Jangu Fett
03-12-2008, 08:52 AM
Oh, yeah, the costumes have some similarity, I don't pay a lot of merit to that one though, how would he or Vader know to raid dad's closets? Just because you wear the same hat as the president doesn't make you his son.

Agreed, JT, but remember there is a code that, when entered, allows the player to change the Apprentices costume to that of his father. This outfit could be it.

JediTricks
03-12-2008, 03:53 PM
Yeah, but that could be anybody's costume, that's not exactly evidence that A points to B, if you catch my drift.

Jangu Fett
03-12-2008, 04:46 PM
Again, I agree. All the evidence seems to point to VSA, being Korto Vos, but that doesn't mean it is him. I myself think it is, but I'm still crossing my fingers hoping that he's a all new charater, and not a character already known.

JediTricks
03-12-2008, 04:53 PM
They'd have some nerve to use Korto Vos as this character, he's the same age as Luke, no way I'm buying that one, he'd be too young to be the protagonist in this game, not everything should happen 5 minutes before ANH. And what about Korto's facial tattoo?

But yeah, the evidence does kinda point there even though it's a horrible idea.

Sinscia Fat'o
03-13-2008, 12:58 AM
If this character is Vos's son it will be like ****ing on the time line that much is true, but it should make for a great opening scene in Vader comfronting Vos... or will it be the other way around? Vos comfronting Vader? My point here is one of the reasons why i support this game is that it's EU meets OY, we get Vos and Vader and not to mention a slew of new characters...but the only thing is that Lucas wanted Vos alive for the TV series...so why would they kill him off in a Video game? Or do they kill Vos off? A lot of questions still about this game, and i can't wait.

JediTricks
03-13-2008, 11:22 PM
Vader wouldn't be confronting Vos, Vos sent his son into hiding with his wife on their way to Kashyyyk, then he split up from them. Vader abducts the kid, it doesn't say he rips the kid from a Jedi parent's arms.

EU is always meeting the OT, not like this is the first or last to do so.

Jangu Fett
03-27-2008, 08:59 AM
I just read in a PS magazine, that Vader finds a child or a jedi(s), then the game jumps forward 15 years. I don't know how old this child is, but, it looks like the game could take place just a couple years before the battle of Yavin. And the Apprentice could be around Luke age when we irst see him.

JediTricks
03-29-2008, 01:33 AM
Yeah, dangit, it's gonna be Korto Vos, Vader finding the child. Not thrilled with the timeline or the Vos connection though.

El Chuxter
03-29-2008, 04:41 PM
Wow. So this is why they gave Quinlan a kid, to sell video games? :rolleyes:

Jedi_Kal-El
03-29-2008, 04:49 PM
Korto Vos, eh? Interesting. Well, is he gonna get to fight dear old dad at the end?

Mr. JabbaJohnL
03-29-2008, 07:39 PM
If it really were Korto Vos, wouldn't he have that yellow stripe tattoo on his face?

Jangu Fett
03-29-2008, 08:11 PM
No, Quinlin's stripe is a tatoo. In the comics, when Quilin first sees his son, he paints the stripe on, Kortos face.

JediTricks
03-29-2008, 09:31 PM
No, Quinlin's stripe is a tatoo. In the comics, when Quilin first sees his son, he paints the stripe on, Kortos face.
I had also posited that question earlier in the thread, thanks for the answer. Dang this is kinda "meh".

Jedi_Kal-El
03-29-2008, 10:04 PM
You know how to make this easier? Play the game when it comes out, and then you'll know.:D

I'm not against this character being Korto, but I agree with what some of you have said in previous posts.

JediTricks
03-30-2008, 03:13 PM
Did you not see the word "speculations" in the thread title? If the game had come out on time, we wouldn't be having this conversation anyway, but waiting an extra 9 months for it kinda hampers that.

Jangu Fett
04-08-2008, 10:29 AM
Well, the Apprentices name is all but confirmed now. In the latest TFU video, TFU Experience, they show some of the Wiis duel mode, and it shows the character selection. On VSA it says at the top, Korto's Robes. Sorry, I know this is a disappoint to some.

Jangu Fett
04-08-2008, 01:33 PM
Ok, well, it looks like I might have been wrong about who the Apprentice is. It states on Wookiepidia, that VSA father's name was Kento. I might have misread it in the TFU video, but Wookiepidia has been known "to make mistakes, from time to time. Dear, oh dear." Looks like we will have to wait till September to finally know. Sorry.

jedi master sal
04-08-2008, 04:48 PM
I thought the name would be something stupid like "Devsa" meaning the first letters from "Darth Vader's Sith Apprentice," and just adding in that "e" to make it sound right.

Korto is Quinlan Vos's son, so that makes sense as that's what people have been reporting for months now.

though I'm kind of disappointed that it's a PT related character. I'd have rather just had an all new, in no way related to any other established character, apprentice.

Sinscia Fat'o
04-08-2008, 05:02 PM
So is this still quinlon's Vos's kid or what? I'm a little confused by the speculation...

Mr. JabbaJohnL
04-08-2008, 05:50 PM
So is this still quinlon's Vos's kid or what? I'm a little confused by the speculation...
As Jangu Fett said, the Apprentice's father's name is apparently Kento. But it is of course possible that an error was made along the line.

Phantom-like Menace
04-09-2008, 12:49 AM
Well, I'm not much of a comics guy, so I didn't even know Vos had a son, and this revelation didn't really do much for me.

While I don't like the idea that Qui-Gon would be out there having children (He was a maverick, yes, but I don't imagine he would have gone that far.), I do really like the idea of Anakin's trying to reconnect with Qui-Gon by raising his son. I don't think the movies touched enough on the effect Qui-Gon's death had on Anakin. I'd make the case it was more traumatic for him than the death of his mother.

El Chuxter
04-09-2008, 01:38 AM
Qui-Gon's girlfriend was a Jedi, though. Tahl was her name, IIRC. He came dangerously close to the forbidden emotion of "attachment" with her. I doubt he would ever have cheated on her, even after her death.

jedi master sal
04-09-2008, 11:13 AM
I doubt he would ever have cheated on her, even after her death.

Is it considered cheating if your spouse passes on?
If so, then what of all of those who remarry after their spouse passes on. Are they now cheating?

I think that would be an unfair statement to say someone is cheating on a dead spouse.

Phantom-like Menace
04-09-2008, 01:22 PM
But Qui-Gon could easily feel like he was cheating on her.

El Chuxter
04-09-2008, 06:26 PM
Yeah, that's what I meant. Qui-Gon seemed to be the sort who would only love once.

Luckily, despite the backpedaling about "Jedi must not love" in AOTC that Lucas obviously hadn't come up with since he didn't put the nix on a lot of Jedi love affairs right up through 2001, Qui-Gon was such a maverick that he probably said, "Screw you, Yoda, me and Tahl are a thang! Just 'cause Yaddle won't give you no lovin', don't be hatin' on us!"

Phantom-like Menace
04-10-2008, 12:26 AM
You know, I've always assumed (and I know an alternate reason is covered in EU sources) that the reason Yaddle wasn't on the council after Episode I was because Yoda made a pass at her and fired her for not accepting his advances.

jedi master sal
04-10-2008, 08:52 AM
You know, I've always assumed (and I know an alternate reason is covered in EU sources) that the reason Yaddle wasn't on the council after Episode I was because Yoda made a pass at her and fired her for not accepting his advances.

"Fired are you!"

Jangu Fett
04-13-2008, 06:53 PM
Well, the Apprentice's name begins with a S (If it's actually Secret Apprentice, I'll be royally POed). Hayden Blackman stated that, and he is the child of 2 jedi. I just finished watching some GTTV videos. And on Wookiepedia they have a pic of Vader fighting the SAs father, Kento.

Sinscia Fat'o
04-13-2008, 06:58 PM
I doubt it's Qui Gon's kid...it would be older than Anakin, wouldn't it? I don't know i'm still hoping the kid is Brackis from Young Jedi Knights novels! that would totally rock!

Jangu Fett
04-13-2008, 07:54 PM
If he's name startes with a S, I highly doubt it will be Brackis. And Brackis has blonde hair, VSA has dark brown, or black hair.:thumbsup:

This is starting to get under my skin:upset:. I'm dying to know who VSA really is, they said he was a pre-existing character, but everything coming out now about him, point to him being a all new character. Which is fine by me, in no books, comics, games, etc. is there a Jedi powerful enough to pull down a Star Destroyer. Yes, I know "Size matters, not." But even Dorsk 81 needed the combined help of the other Jedi trainies to push Star Destroyers away from Yavin. And the effort or using such force powers killed him.

VSA father was a Jedi named Kento, his mother was a unnamed jedi. He's name begins with a S. And he is supposed to be one of the most power force users ever. Another startment from the folks at Lucasarts, "Some of the most powerful Jedi, weren't in the movies." That was the answer to why VSA can pull down a Star Destoryer, and no one in the film could.

September 16th can't get here soon enough.:mad::upset::cry:

El Chuxter
04-14-2008, 12:41 AM
S for "Solusar," as in Kam? We know Kam Solusar was a dark Jedi working for the Empire, and I don't think he's much older than Luke. I also think the general description fits.

That's all I've got.

Jangu Fett
04-14-2008, 08:51 AM
You may be on to something, El Chuxter. Yes, they did say he's name begins with a S, but, they never said which name, first or last. I like the idea of VSA being Kam. And it does fit with whats known. Of course, the same was said for the Apprentice being Korto Vos.

JediTricks
04-14-2008, 05:19 PM
I doubt it's Qui Gon's kid...it would be older than Anakin, wouldn't it? I don't know i'm still hoping the kid is Brackis from Young Jedi Knights novels! that would totally rock!No, Anakin is 9 years old when Qui-Gon finds him, but Qui-Gon could have had a kid anywhere between Anakin's birth and the following 9 years. Basically, for this kid to be Qui-Gon's, he'd have to be between 13 and 22 in ROTS. But that means Anakin has to find and train Qui-Gon's son at age 13 which doesn't quite fit with what we know about VSA (though it could be stretched to fit).