PDA

View Full Version : Toys Aren't Us Sucks

decadentdave
03-13-2008, 03:05 PM
I went to my local TRU this week after not doing my weekly rounds in over a month and they STILL had the same lame pegwarmers on the shelf that they had last month. I mean it looks like nobody has bought anything since my last visit. I know TRU has been creeping along the last few years since closing down 3 other stores in my city but this is ridiculous. The only new item they've gotten this year has been the Obi-Wan starfighter. The store is always trashed too. It's like the employees (the one or two I actually see working there) don't even care how the store looks anymore. If I was the store manager I'd be chewing some butts. It's atrocious. No wonder nobody shops there anymore. I keep hoping they just put it out of its misery and close the store down. All of my purchases are from Target or Walmart anyway. Somebody just shoot the dog and put it down for good.

Kidhuman
03-13-2008, 03:24 PM
TRU has sucked for years.

decadentdave
03-13-2008, 03:53 PM
TRU! lol

But I think they are at their all time suckiness now.

Jedi_Kal-El
03-13-2008, 03:56 PM
I did find the new Evo sets at mine, when no one else has them yet..... but yes, Suck, Suck, Suck they do, because that's the only new thing they've had in a while with the exception of a wave 7.5 or 8 figure strewn in from time to time. Mines usually pretty messy too.

mtriv73
03-13-2008, 04:15 PM
The TRU in my town never has new figures on the shelves until a month after I've found them elsewhere. Of course there are at least 3 collectors working there who buy up everything as soon as it comes in. Apparently one of the local comic book guys comes in every morning and raids all the new figures that they don't get. I still go there (mainly to kill time during lunch or buy diapers for the youngling) but rarely do I get anything non-baby related.

Just today TRU.com cancelled my pre-order for the padme and rebel pilots evolutions sets they had available a couple months ago. This wouldn't be that bad if they hadn't already shipped the Fett Evo pack I ordered along with it and charged the full shipping for the entire order. I was on the phone with their customer service for 20 minutes this mroning over $4 and change. The money certainly wasn't worth the time involved, but I wasn't letting them keep it either.

I guess the lesson learned here is that if I'm going to pre-order anything, I should get it from kebco. :rolleyes:

Neuroleptic
03-13-2008, 05:39 PM
Toys R' Us may suck. I wouldn't know since I havn't been in one for years.

But K-mart is worse.

JON9000
03-13-2008, 06:54 PM
I sense another boycott in the offing.

Didn't TRU recently have a buy 2 get 1 free offer?

jedi master sal
03-13-2008, 09:41 PM
I don't think they suck. I just think they are behind the game most of the time.

figrin bran
03-13-2008, 10:51 PM
I'm surprised no one from the LA SSG crew has chimed in. Anyhow, just be glad your local TRU's aren't in cahoots with the local scalpers.

However, to their defense, my lone SA 501st (thus far) came from there during their 3 for the price of 2 sale and from last summer to the end of the year, that's where I found most of my SW figures.

jedibear
03-14-2008, 11:04 AM
The one here is the only TRU in the entire region...the other closest one is an over 2 hour drive away....so we take what we can get. It's one of those combo stores (Kids R Us & Toys R Us), so, as long as they have diapers and baby clothes, the perpetually pregnant mommies are happy and the rest of the store can stagnate, especially the action figure section can literally go down to empty for weeks at a time until the truck shipment arrives. 9 times out of 10, as far as SW goes, the figures are usually the dregs of the distribution warehouse (meaning 2 or 3 waves behind)...we still haven't seen 08 wave one yet at this store! The latest shipment contained 2 cases of legends (the red BD/Rex stickered one) and some evo packs....now, Padme is dining alone again on the pegs....

Maybe by May we'll be "caught up" here.....meanwhile, I'll have to go out of state to try and keep with with the latest waves...

Dark Marble
03-14-2008, 01:28 PM
The only TRU close to me doesn't look bad and is pretty clean. They have had wave 7.5 and 8 several times now I think as they are the only ones on the pegs. However, it is also down the street from a comic/action figure shop that seems to always have the TRU exclusives and new action figures for triple the price. Hmmmm....

Jedi_Kal-El
03-14-2008, 01:35 PM
The only TRU close to me doesn't look bad and is pretty clean. They have had wave 7.5 and 8 several times now I think as they are the only ones on the pegs. However, it is also down the street from a comic/action figure shop that seems to always have the TRU exclusives and new action figures for triple the price. Hmmmm....

Imagine that. My comic store has two cases of TFU, but they have yet to put them out so I havn't asked why. They don't charge triple the price at retail though. At the most, they've only gone $1 over retail so not a big thing there.

sebillba
03-14-2008, 01:46 PM
...we still haven't seen 08 wave one yet at this store!

I went to my local TRU today, and all they had was '07 wave 3!!!! Mind you, I haven't seen anything at retail in the UK beyond wave 4.

DarkArtist
03-14-2008, 05:13 PM
my TRU has been alright. found all of the Evolutions sets 2 weeks ago, and today found 3 SA 501st clones on the pegs. haven't seen Wave 1 or 2 from '08 but already have 1 and just need the EVO Trooper and the Shadow Guard from Wave 2.

Banthaholic
03-14-2008, 09:57 PM
Got all fo Wave 2 of evolutions there today, needless to say I was happy...... and now broke.

Slicker
03-15-2008, 05:10 AM
Back when I was in VA the TRU there was pretty good to me. They usually had decently stocked pegs and they were pretty recent on the figures. They were also about the only place that I could ever find the new Titaniums.

TeeEye7
03-15-2008, 05:34 AM
My TRU sucks. Why? No Deuce.
My Target sucks. Why? No Deuce.
My WM sucks. Why? No Deuce.
:mad:

Are you pickin' up what I'm throwin' down?

Jedi_Kal-El
03-15-2008, 02:45 PM
My TRU sucks. Why? No Deuce.
My Target sucks. Why? No Deuce.
My WM sucks. Why? No Deuce.
:mad:

Are you pickin' up what I'm throwin' down?

No Deuce at any of them TI? That's just blasphemy. What's this world coming to?

majikmonkee
03-28-2008, 11:13 AM
TRU may suck, but it doesn't hold a candle suck-wise to Wal-Mart, which is the best we've got in the area around here. I have to make special trips an hour away in either direction from here to get to a TRU, and sometimes I have luck, other times there's just garbage and I wish I'd saved gas money. I did finally find Master Replicas Force FX sabers at a TRU not long ago, the only place I've seen them out here. I also saw my first indication of the existence of the newer Evo sets. They didn't have the one I wanted (the sith legacy), but at least I knew they had such a thing and was able to order it. TRU is kind of a let down, but more so for me because of the effort I have to put forth just to get there and get skunked.

Mvader91
03-28-2008, 12:43 PM
The real problem is you would think "the world's largest toy store" would have everything under the sun. Wrong!

majikmonkee
03-28-2008, 12:48 PM
Amen to that. Sometimes I think they're trying to phase out Star Wars like stupid Wal-Mart seems to be trying to do sometimes. That would be downright idiotic. For each new generation of people who come of age to appreciate Star Wars, there will be kids wanting to buy SW related merchandise, and to deprive them would be a crime. I'm waiting for the day that this "wave" junk stops, and we're treated to a giant mix of figures from all the previous waves on a regular basis. New stuff is good, but when my local stores only put out the new stuff and I missed some of the old and can't get it any longer, it gets frustrating...there was a time I could count on TRU to do that right sometimes, but they don't now...they mainly just stock crap in the basic figures lines around here...

DarkArtist
03-28-2008, 05:20 PM
I have 3 within driving distance and have yet to see even Wave 1 of 2008 on the pegs, it's almost as if they stopped ordering the figures.

majikmonkee
03-28-2008, 05:49 PM
I don't think it would be an exaggeration to say that Star Wars is as much a staple of a toy store as your standard doll, ball, or hula hoop. I don't see them phasing out Barbie or Hot Wheels, and Star Wars has been around since the mid 70's, so it's not like it's some new "flash in the pan" toy line based on a recent movie with no substance to it. I don't think these stores get it though...Star Wars is here to stay, and has been for a while...at least since when they released the POTF orange carded "buff" figures (I know there was a dark period that can't be denied). It burns me up when they narrow our SW stock at our local stores down to one or two pegs to make way for an explosion of crappy merchandise from a recent film or figures based on the latest Japanese animation craze. I'm sure there's a place for that stuff, but lets give SW the space it deserves, and stock it well, shall we? Whew...sorry...haven't ranted quite like that in a while...had to get it out! :whip:

Blue2th
03-28-2008, 07:42 PM
My local TRU or rather both in the area are still in cahoots with the scalpers, or rather the scalpers work there also.
I rarely find anything cool there. So hence I don't go in there often.
Guess they don't want my business.

Jedi_Kal-El
03-28-2008, 08:03 PM
My local TRU or rather both in the area are still in cahoots with the scalpers, or rather the scalpers work there also.

Heck, that's not just TRU. There's alot if inside scapling at other stores. That's how it is in my area anyway.

majikmonkee
03-29-2008, 07:51 AM
Heck, that's not just TRU. There's alot if inside scapling at other stores. That's how it is in my area anyway.

It's true. I'm being punished for my days working at the seasonal department at Wal-Mart when I was in "cahoots" with the toy department guys. They were fans and I was a fan, and they'd let me know when there was "sweet" stuff that had just come in (they usually left it in back without ever taking it to the floor when they found things they were after). That's how I came to get the Wal-Mart Max Rebo band sets that first came out, as well as the POTF Rancor and Bantha. I'm not proud of that practice now, and I can appreciate first hand how it makes things suck for the normal collectors.

I know there's no way to enforce such a rule effectively or fairly, and I know it's been proposed before, but these stores should really have some "non-scalper" rules in place, limiting buyers to one of each figure. I know, there's nothing to prevent return trips by the same buyer, or ensure the checker pays attention to how many of each figure pass the register, but it sure would be helpful if there were. Heck, when the TPM figs first came out, some old lady working at a Wal-Mart I didn't work at told me customers could only buy three figures each. Turns out the real rule was only three of EACH figure, which still isn't that helpful a rule. The problem is when the scalpers hit, the stores just see dollar signs and lots of stuff being sold, and don't care who it goes to. When they lose loyal customers though and then nobody shops at their store anymore assuming the scalpers have hit, they're the ones losing out...

Dang you, Darth Revan...:whip:

Jedi_Kal-El
03-29-2008, 04:47 PM
I know there's no way to enforce such a rule effectively or fairly, and I know it's been proposed before, but these stores should really have some "non-scalper" rules in place, limiting buyers to one of each figure.

I do believe that Target tried to do something like that a few years ago(they did it in Vegas anyway), but it didn't work out to well for them.

You get so many people going through those stores on any given day that it would be pretty darned hard to keep track.

Kidhuman
03-29-2008, 05:44 PM
I know there's no way to enforce such a rule effectively or fairly,

The only way to enforce this rule is to have your Loss Prevention department monitor the stock rooms. Unless of course, you are the Loss Prevention dept like I was and took whatever I wanted when the new stuff came in.

Jedi_Kal-El
03-29-2008, 09:16 PM
Unless of course, you are the Loss Prevention dept like I was and took whatever I wanted when the new stuff came in.

You're a bad, bad man, KH. I probably would have done the same I'm afraid to say.

Deoxyribonucleic
03-30-2008, 01:46 AM
I'll probably get stabbed for this :dead: but it doesn't bother me that those who work at places get first dibs on merchandise, whatever it may be.

When I used to work at B&N, one of the great things book vendors did for the employees would be to send ARC proofs of books to the store. Since I worked in the back, me and a few others got first dibs on these babies. And some of them are worth bucks, like hundreds of bucks. But we'd always bring a huge stack of them to the break room at the end of the week so everyone had a chance to get what they wanted. I only ever took about 5. I have a nice one, only 50 sent out, leatherbound, signed Dean Koontz ARC and I got it specifically for my Mom, cuz she LOVED Dean Koontz. He's going to be at SDCC, I'm going to take it and have him sign it TO her :love:

plasticfetish
03-30-2008, 02:21 AM
Oh, hell yeah!!! When I worked in a department store back in college ( he Broadway by CSULB... Deoxy will know which one), we always had first dibs on the new Sans-A-Belt slacks that came in.

:neutral:

I can't understand how people are allowed to shop around the back rooms, or pull these scalper deals during their regular work time. I mean, obviously there are exceptions, like the book thing Deoxy mentioned, but hiding cases of merchandise? WTF?

Anyway... back on topic... Toys R Us lost its magic decades ago, and hasn't done much to get it back. I'm amazed they're still in business at this point.

Banthaholic
03-30-2008, 01:59 PM
I like having the additionas store to hit. For instance I got Evolutions at TRU as Walmart still hasn't even put out a spot for them yet.

Occasionally basic figures can be gotten there, such as last year most UGH I found where at TRU.

Battle packs and vehicles, the $5 premium is too much so I do not buy these at TRU EVER.

I like having an addtl store with exclusives to buy, which has brought me a few y-wings tie fighters and the endor AT-AT, all cool.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
03-30-2008, 02:26 PM
I used to love when they had an entire aisle for Star Wars, but then they had to go and redesign everything . . . I still go there once in a while, as they'll have some good sales so I can get more army builders or whatever, and their exclusives are generally well-stocked.

Deoxyribonucleic
03-30-2008, 02:37 PM
I miss back in the day when the action figure aisles were all in the back! Maybe just nostalgia purposes, but I liked it.

JetsAndHeels
03-30-2008, 03:02 PM
I miss the days when going to TRU was actually a treat. My buddies and I would wait outside on Saturday mornings for them to open. 9 times out of 10 there would be fully stocked shelves to select from.
Not to mention the midnight madness sale in 1999 for TPM toys....the same thing again in 2002 for AOTC.
Those were the truly great times for TRU, in my opinion at least.

TeeEye7
03-30-2008, 03:16 PM
TRU has the appeal of a 99 store now. :rolleyes:

General_Grievous
03-30-2008, 03:25 PM
I miss back in the day when the action figure aisles were all in the back! Maybe just nostalgia purposes, but I liked it.
Yeah, I loved the old school TRUs. I have no idea why they decided to turn them into labyrinths.

Rocketboy
03-30-2008, 03:45 PM
I was bored and out earlier so I stopped by local TRU for the first time in ages and was surprised to see a few SW figures I've never seen in person (like Holo Vader), a few I've seen once or twice (Fireside Padme and some Clone with a cloak), and even one I'd never even heard of (some new Rodian - I haven't been following). They even had the exclusive Galactic Heroes sets.

Devil King
03-30-2008, 03:53 PM
TRU has the appeal of a 99 store now. :rolleyes:

That's what I was thinking. Except I was going to compare them to biglots.

majikmonkee
03-31-2008, 07:58 AM
That's what I was thinking. Except I was going to compare them to biglots.

Big Lots is usually better stocked than our TRU most of the time. TRU has figures lying on the floors and everything is a mess and nobody bothers to clean it up, it's pretty sad. I'm glad it's not just me though who remembers a day when TRU used to seem to really have it in gear, and made a point of having up to date SW stock all the time. I think the memory is the only thing that keeps me going back. The time I bought the FX Saber at TRU, though, they also had those exclusive Galactic Heroes sets, and they were very cool...if I'd had a few more bucks, I'd have grabbed the Hoth set. The Y-Wing is pretty cool also...

Blue2th
03-31-2008, 10:52 AM
Big Lots is usually better stocked than our TRU most of the time. TRU has figures lying on the floors and everything is a mess and nobody bothers to clean it up, it's pretty sad.
Sure you're not talking about K-Mart? It's been that way since forever I can remember.

Val Da Car
04-03-2008, 12:20 AM
My Toys R Us is being remolded into half Babies R Us and Toys R Us. The contruction/devistation is nifty but the only new items the store got in was 51 Wii's last Sunday.

They still have the Hologram Vader but nothing new for 08 as of yet

majikmonkee
04-03-2008, 07:48 AM
My Toys R Us is being remolded into half Babies R Us and Toys R Us. The contruction/devistation is nifty but the only new items the store got in was 51 Wii's last Sunday.

They still have the Hologram Vader but nothing new for 08 as of yet

Ugh @ Babies R Us. Like there aren't enough baby stores out there already, and like you can't get that crap at Wal-Mart already (and there are rarely diaper and pacifier scalpers in Wal-Mart). I don't want to sound ingrateful, but I'm kind of tired of seeing that Holo Vader. It was cool once, but when it's all that ever shows up (not counting the "special edition" ghost of Anakin), I just get sick of seeing it. It's not nearly as exciting as the spirit of Obi-Wan I got by eating two bags of pizza flavored Lay's...ugh...

Blue2th
04-03-2008, 10:01 AM
My brother (who's into Hot Wheels) found a Treasure Hunt there the other day. He also came home with a Greenlight Greenmachine 69' Shelby Mustang worth about $100.00+ about a month ago.

TRU recently started stocking 21st Century Toys/ Ultimate Soldier again which is redeeming (exclusive to Walmart for a while) so I have went in there for that recently, but even those get cherry picked, and the 1:18 scale vehicles that I buy are few and far between because of their size and room on the shelves I'm guessing.

DarkArtist
04-05-2008, 12:41 PM
if anyone is in the Freehold NJ area the TRU at the mall was stocked with complete waves of TAC '08 Waves 1 & 2 plus about 20 of the SA 501st Clonetrooper and many of the recent Legends figures, ie clean sandtrooper, pit droids etc. no shadow stormies or clones or Zev but a good time to pick up the rest of the TAC waves.

Darth Cruel
04-05-2008, 02:55 PM
The toys r us near me was great the other day. I didn't go there for like 2-3 months...and when I hit it...There was a lot of good stuff there.

Now, mind you, I have effectively collected NOTHING for the last 4 or 5 months due to a busy work schedule, so the stuff I got was new to me but likely old to most others which would explain why I was ab le to find it right away.

Obsession is Nute
04-05-2008, 04:14 PM
My TRU too has been failing as of late. They have a good amount of space devoted to SW. I counted 36 pegs for the basic figures. However, they have done a miserable job keeping things in stock, and well balanced between TAC and Saga Legends. Last week they restocked all the shelves...WITH ALL SAGA LEGENDS! I do not want to buy the same crappy 4 armed Grievous or another 501st Clonetrooper. It is going to take forever before I see new stuff.

My WM is doing the best job at keeping their shelves well stocked. I even saw some Force Unleashed figures!

Bel-Cam Jos
04-05-2008, 08:49 PM
Mine isn't quite as dirty as some of yours, but also has just the has-been figs. I got my Hasbro Rewards Certificate yesterday, and it's only good at TRU. I can spend it on any Hasbro product, but SW is really the only line I collect.

jedibear
04-06-2008, 12:12 AM
if anyone is in the Freehold NJ area the TRU at the mall was stocked with complete waves of TAC '08 Waves 1 & 2 plus about 20 of the SA 501st Clonetrooper and many of the recent Legends figures, ie clean sandtrooper, pit droids etc. no shadow stormies or clones or Zev but a good time to pick up the rest of the TAC waves.

Well, it's nice to read that some of the stores are getting new assortments....gives me a tiny ray of hope...

My TRU too has been failing as of late. They have a good amount of space devoted to SW. I counted 36 pegs for the basic figures. However, they have done a miserable job keeping things in stock, and well balanced between TAC and Saga Legends. Last week they restocked all the shelves...WITH ALL SAGA LEGENDS! I do not want to buy the same crappy 4 armed Grievous or another 501st Clonetrooper. It is going to take forever before I see new stuff.

I hear you...after weeks of the pegs being occupied by a few fireside Padmes, our local store got in 5 cases of....SAGA LEGENDS! Must be the wave Ob is Nute is talking about...several SA 501, gumby Grevious, red BD's and a bunch of other repeats (no Rex stickers)

Maybe in another month we'll see the '08 waves....maybe.

majikmonkee
04-07-2008, 07:56 AM
Checked out TRU this weekend again...nothin.

Checked out my crappy Wal-Mart. They had Maris Brood, the female officer from TFU (can't remember her name), and the jump trooper. I did buy Maris because she's kind of cool looking and I like the weird sabers. It's a sad day when our Wal-Mart, who doesn't even do that great a job specializing in toys, is beating out TRU, who's supposed to be all about the toys.

El Chuxter
05-12-2008, 03:17 PM
Their service definitely sucks.

I used to work for TRU, about fifteen years ago. They used to be great. We used to have to bend over backwards to please customers. But their service is such dung now that it's no wonder they bleed customers to Wal-Mart and Target so fast I'm amazed they can stay in business.

On Thursday, both my wife and I (we've both ordered online from them in the past and signed up for their e-mail) got a message (seen below).

She clicks on the coupon from her e-mail. Uh oh! When she clicks on it, it not only opens, but automatically sends to the printer. In this case, a printer that's not hooked up since we haven't changed the default printer in Windows after switching printers a week or so ago. So, no coupon.

She tries again. This time, she gets a page saying the coupon can only be printed once. So I try from my e-mail. Oops! Looks like it logged the IP and neither of us can print it. You'll note that nowhere in the e-mail does it say "One per customer unless two customers use the same computer, in which case it's one per two customers" or "You'd better be damned ready to print this when you click it, because there are no second chances."

This is a dumb way to do coupons, but I've seen it before. Sorta. What I've seen before is tied to the e-mail address, so if you click on a coupon at work, you can't print it at home. Normally, you e-mail them about it, tell them what happened, and they send you a new one, as long as you've not done this before. I've never tried a second time with anyone, but, in all my past experiences, they realize it's pretty bad form to offer a coupon and then deny it to you.

So I write them an e-mail, telling them there was a printer error, and that it's a bit annoying that this appears to be tied to an IP address so that multiple users with a common computer (eg, at a workplace or school) can't print their coupons. I also mention that we weren't planning any purchases there until we saw the coupon, but definitely won't be buying anything this weekend without the coupon, knowing that there's a good offer that we were excluded from.

I get the following obvious form e-mail:

Dear [EC's full name, making it really clear that this is a cut-and-paste job]:
Thank you for contacting Toys R Us. I apologize that you were not able to print out your coupon. I also apologize that once an attempt has been made to print the coupon that nothing else can be done. I apologize that we also do not send out replacement coupons.
Sincerely,
[Toys R Us guy's probably made-up name]
Toys R Us Corporate Guest Relations

Wow. I tell you that there was a problem, and that I'd be making a purchase if I had the coupon but won't otherwise, and you just blow me off like that? You can't, on one occasion, send me a replacement so that I will buy something?

This is the same company that recently changed their return policy so that absolutely nothing can be returned without a receipt. Even TRU exclusives. Hell, Target has a policy that sounds strict on paper, but even they will make exceptions occasionally.

My mom also had to call me, just before Christmas, on the verge of tears (honestly), from a TRU in Vegas because she was asking about an item in their circular and the assistant manager literally called her a liar. (She is pretty easily offended, but, still, that's beyond the pale.) She asked me to look it up online so she knew exactly where in the sales flyer to point it out to the douchebag who had told her off, and I still ended up having to talk to the moron and tell him what their sale was, and that I hoped it made him feel good to upset an old woman. Even when he knew he was wrong, he didn't apologize to either of us. Again, assistant manager.

Between their prices and this, I honestly wonder how they can't know why they lose customers right and left. I found my Joe Command set, so I have no reason to go for quite some time (probably when they have another half-price sale on Wii games and I've finished all the ones I have). Especially now, with the economy in the crapper and their business especially far down, they ought to be trying to actually have good service to set them apart from the discount stores that can undercut them so easily.

Before anyone says it, I don't feel that I'm "entitled" to this or any other offer. However, if someone whom you have no reason to mistrust based on prior experiences is offered a special deal, but tells you they couldn't access it for whatever reason, it's really lousy customer service to not take them at their word. (Hell, my wife and several of her co-workers get one-per-customer coupons from JoAnn's Fabrics. They all can be printed a billion times, but have unique numbers for each person that can only be used once. Would this be so hard for TRU?)

Between their service and prices, as well as the fact that their website is one of the worst sites to go to find toys, I give them another decade, tops.

jedi master sal
05-13-2008, 11:05 AM
Send me the link Chux. Mine won't automatically print (I have my printer set up like that) and I can save it as a PDF before it prints. So I could send that to you and you could print it out over and over again.

-Sal

figrin bran
05-13-2008, 12:17 PM
I had a similar problem printing out that particular coupon. I think it might be cookies that they place that prevent you from printing it twice and not IP tracking.

What I did was switch from Firefox to IE and printed it there.

El Chuxter
05-13-2008, 01:52 PM
It's a cookie, but I can't find it. I know this from putting together two things I didn't tell the guys at TRU.

Neither my wife nor I can print from here. I cleared all cookies modified within the time period since the e-mail was received--at least all the ones I could find. No dice.

She actually printed it from work after I'd sent the initial e-mail. No problem. Her work computer doesn't allow cookies at all. She, in fact, printed two copies of each. I just have no idea what cookie it is.

So we had the coupon, but didn't find anything. I just didn't feel the need to tell them we found a hole in their system after initially e-mailling them. (It still would've been good customer service to issue a replacement.)

Another reason TRU sucks: I got my Joe High Command set from their website yesterday. I don't think this actually exists at the store level. I've had good luck with all their other exclusives, but not this one. It arrived loosely packed with two other things I'd ordered. And it had been opened. And re-taped. I'm not joking: I'm a loose collector, and, if I saw this in a store, I would've passed on the assumption it was missing something. Turns out it was intact (more intact than a lot of Joe product, since Hasbro likes to leave things like knives out), but it's pretty bad to send a store exclusive, geared at adult collectors, in such bad condition without some kind of notice.