PDA

View Full Version : New Rumor List

Jedi_Kal-El
03-15-2008, 06:09 PM
Ok, so most of these have been around the rumor mill for a while, but Rebelscum has a new list up for TLC, Follow the link below.

http://www.rebelscum.com/story/front/New_Rumor_List_For_The_Legacy_Collection_113180.as p

El Chuxter
03-15-2008, 06:24 PM
I've just got to say that if they release an "Ultimate" BattlePack with four rehashed figures (one of which is another damned Sullustan!), three spirits (likely existing figures in clear plastic), and a Funeral Pyre Vader, I have a feeling that a lot of people are going to fly to Rhode Island, go to the nearest Lowes or Home Depot, and buy all the pitchforks they have in stock. And I have a feeling no one at Hasbro will like what happens next. Or their next of kin, for that matter.

Jargo
03-15-2008, 06:37 PM
Dull. there's nothing exciting there.

bigbarada
03-15-2008, 06:47 PM
The only thing interesting to me is the red Sullustan Pilot.

Jedi_Kal-El
03-15-2008, 06:50 PM
I've just got to say that if they release an "Ultimate" BattlePack with four rehashed figures (one of which is another damned Sullustan!), three spirits (likely existing figures in clear plastic), and a Funeral Pyre Vader, I have a feeling that a lot of people are going to fly to Rhode Island, go to the nearest Lowes or Home Depot, and buy all the pitchforks they have in stock. And I have a feeling no one at Hasbro will like what happens next. Or their next of kin, for that matter.

My whole thing there, is why just figures? Unless that lists only just the figs and something else is to be included with them(like a vehicle or something). We at least got a couple of AT-STs with the last two UBPs. If these are done with just rehashed figs then I'd tend to have to agree with you Chux.

Still diggin the "Fro" 'tar BTW. :thumbsup:

Devo
03-15-2008, 07:53 PM
People have been asking for a funeral pyre Vader so I don't know that we can complain.

Jargo
03-15-2008, 08:01 PM
some people have. a relatively small number. I'm sure if true they'll be happy. same as the small number of people happy to get a Yarna D'al Gargan figure.

i'm not complaining i'm saying those are dull choices for product. personal opinion only.

Jedi_Kal-El
03-15-2008, 08:07 PM
People have been asking for a funeral pyre Vader so I don't know that we can complain.

We're not complaining about that Devo. It's the eight other rehashes they'll want us to pay $50 for just to get the one we want, or none at all. People wanted last years Spirit Anakin to have a Sebastian head(or interchangable versions of both), and they gave us Haydens instead. So they'll give us the one we want in this UBP, much like they did with Blue Coat Han in the Hoth UBP. It's their way of throwing variants out and making us pay for more figures that: A)we might not want at all or, B) are probably repacks of ones we already have. Gets a bit frustrating at times.

Last years UBPs were good in the fact that they at least had vehicles and army builders in them. I'm not getting that from this current list, and until I read more, or see some actual images of what's included, then the jury's still out. I might change my mind after that depending on how good some of the figs are, or what else is included, but for right now, and according to the list, it's mostly repacks and not worth the purchase.

Mad Slanted Powers
03-15-2008, 08:33 PM
The thing is we don't know what versions of the figures they will use.

Darth Vader (Funeral Pyre) - new, or at least an old figure atop a new funeral pyre accessory
Red Sullustian Pilot - probably a repaint of the upcoming Evolutions
Yoda Spirit - new unless they do these spirits in the old blue format
Anakin Spirit (Sebastian Shaw Head) - new head on TAC

Obi-Wan Spirit - repack of OTC

These last three are the mystery figures. What will they do with them? They could do something to an existing sculpt to make people want them, like the blue coat Han in the Hoth pack. Maybe Hasbro will choose this set to give us a DS2 Luke. Then people will only complain that they couldn't find the set.

Luke Skywalker
Han Solo
Chewbacca

Jedi_Kal-El
03-15-2008, 08:49 PM
The Luke will probably be the new one coming out this year with a different head, if I were to have to guess. As for Han and Chewie, there are several they could use as repacks.

pegger
03-15-2008, 09:03 PM
The UBP usually come with accessories as well guys. What the accessory? If it's part or all the old Ewok Village set - this could be well worth the $$s.

Jedi_Kal-El
03-15-2008, 09:09 PM
The UBP usually come with accessories as well guys. What the accessory? If it's part or all the old Ewok Village set - this could be well worth the $$s.

That would most definatly be worth something, my friend. It would kick major arse if they did do that, but I'm not gonna get my hopes up until I read more or see some images.

Jargo
03-15-2008, 10:02 PM
with eight figures surely the funeral pyre would be the accessory? all packaged in a printed backdrop window box. and hasbro said in a Q&A there'd be a red suited Sullustan pilot with the same added articulation they've given the evo Ten Nunb. Only other accessory i could see coming with this is a bonfire. it would make more sense to do ewok village stuff with ewoks. unless the luke han and chewie are spitroast versions tied to poles. but with funeral pyre vader in there and the spirits that doesn't seem likely.

El Chuxter
03-15-2008, 10:17 PM
I don't mean to criticize, but I'm having a really tough time swallowing the fact that some of you seem to be excited about paying $50 for one new, highly-demanded figure; one repainted figure; three possibly repainted figures; and three re-released figures. Oh, and maybe a couple of logs or something.

S*** like this is what I think of as "the breaking point."

Jedi_Kal-El
03-15-2008, 10:31 PM
I'm holding my excitement for images of what could be included Chux. If it's just figures, then yes it's a definate pass. If they include something worthwhile, I'll get a little more jubilent over it.

Mad Slanted Powers
03-15-2008, 10:34 PM
Last year's Ultimate Battle Packs were nothing but repaints, repacks and kitbashes, but they were pretty well received. The turret, vehicles and packaging helped add value to it.

Jargo
03-15-2008, 10:39 PM
to be honest, these aren't things i would buy. I just can't be bothered with multi-packs. I wait til they've been out a while and then pick up the one figure i want on ebay. if at all. I've never been interested in fancy boxes. or wasting money on toys i don't want.

I like speculation though.

Jedi_Kal-El
03-15-2008, 10:47 PM
Last year's Ultimate Battle Packs were nothing but repaints, repacks and kitbashes, but they were pretty well received. The turret, vehicles and packaging helped add value to it.

That's exactly what I'm saying. If they think that a bunch of rehashed figures is going to be a big draw at 50 bucks then they're wrong. It wasn't really the figures that made last years UBPs a big draw. It was what came with the figures(though I didn't mind getting the extra army builders with them either). While I do like peggers idea of the Ewok Village being included, I think it's HUGE longshot that Hasbro would even consider it. They could surprise us, but, I doubt they'd add something that big to it without upping the price.

Jargo
03-15-2008, 10:51 PM
Not to mention that the sculpt of the ewok village is poor and they've said they won't be doing any environment style sets or playsets.

Blue2th
03-15-2008, 11:06 PM
Funeral Pyre Vader is the only one that hasn't been done, so chances are we'll get him, now that Hasbro has that marmalade flame thing down.

I'd like to have a re-sculpted red suit Sullustan pilot.

BTW: I read somewhere that TRU cancelled their Padme and Rebel Pilots Evolutions. So no Sullustan pilot there if it's true.

El Chuxter
03-15-2008, 11:30 PM
I heard TRU cancelled almost all their preorders on anything. If that's true, since these weren't confirmed to be exclusives, they're probably still scheduled.

I'm just worried about some of their many GIJoe exclusives. I might get the Night Watch set, probably will get the Crimson Guard Command set, and will absolutely need the Joe High Command set (the only Grunt, and the only way to get Hawk without a crappy Scarlett repaint).

On the UBPs, I didn't get either last year, since I had no need for AT-STs and cannot justify spending so much for figures that I mostly have, but they seemed like excellent values considering how much they included. I can't think of what an Ewok Celebration one would include, though, aside from the pyre and maybe a re-release of the drum set.

Blue2th
03-15-2008, 11:34 PM
Yeah somebody over at Yakface got the e-mail from TRU.
Sure hope they don't cancel those GI Joes though. That would be a bummer.
Here's the article:

TRU Cancels Padme and Rebel Pilots Evolutions Orders
March 13, 2008 | 7:51 AM EST | Bill

It looks like TRU is up to their old habit of canceling orders for upcoming product-- usually only to relist the product at sometime in the future. Very frustrating for collectors who don't want to spend time and gas hunting down exclusives. Here's the pertinent part of their email which Yak Reader Kodai sent in:

Greetings from Toys"R"Us & Babies"R"Us!

We would like to let you know that some or all of the items from your order XXXXXXXXXXXXX are unavailable at this time, and have been cancelled. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

The following item(s) have been cancelled from your order:
Item: 9E23B16E
Description: Star Wars Evolutions The Padme Amdala Legacy 3-Pack
Quantity: 1 @ $ 19.99

Item: 5BCA0F14
Description: Star Wars Evolutions The Rebel Pilots Legacy 3-Pack

You will not be charged for the above item(s).

El Chuxter
03-15-2008, 11:42 PM
At least the Joe five packs are still confirmed. I've read reports of both, and have seen the Snake Eyes vs the Red Ninjas myself. (I just couldn't bring myself to buy it, though, even with the cool water tower insert.)

Banthaholic
03-15-2008, 11:55 PM
I for one am a bit excited for this set. Without knowing what Han, Luke or Chewie we could get there are at least 4 things that make it worth it imo. The Red Sullustian Pilot is something I've wanted for a while, Anakin Spirit (Sebastian Shaw Head) is a great through back to us vintage guys, yoda sprit in hopefully new design has also been asked for to match the two spirits we alreayd have, and Darth Vader (Funeral Pyre) what more do we need to say. It's been on lists for quite some time, and in the UBP format we can probably get something alot better and to form from the movie scene. If this figure was in the $7.99 format we'd basically get something similar to Targets exploding Grievous. In an UBP we can hopefully get the a bit more.

I'm holding out hopes Han, Luke and Chewie are the staked Ewok captured versions GH has as a rumor for this year.

Reardless atthe new great 7.99 price for figures $50 wouldn't be too outragrous for 7 basic figures and one deluxe. I wouldn't mid if more was included, but I'm not holding out hope. Sure it's more than I pay for the 4 individually, but most battle packs, evolutions, etc sell me stuff I don't need to get the stuff I really want. With the lack of OT stuff on the market this year, I have no problem paying for stuff that I really want in my collection, even if it means buying a few extras I don't need.

bigbarada
03-15-2008, 11:55 PM
Yeah somebody over at Yakface got the e-mail from TRU.
Sure hope they don't cancel those GI Joes though. That would be a bummer.
Here's the article:

TRU Cancels Padme and Rebel Pilots Evolutions Orders
March 13, 2008 | 7:51 AM EST | Bill

It looks like TRU is up to their old habit of canceling orders for upcoming product-- usually only to relist the product at sometime in the future. Very frustrating for collectors who don't want to spend time and gas hunting down exclusives. Here's the pertinent part of their email which Yak Reader Kodai sent in:

Greetings from Toys"R"Us & Babies"R"Us!

We would like to let you know that some or all of the items from your order XXXXXXXXXXXXX are unavailable at this time, and have been cancelled. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

The following item(s) have been cancelled from your order:
Item: 9E23B16E
Description: Star Wars Evolutions The Padme Amdala Legacy 3-Pack

Item: 5BCA0F14
Description: Star Wars Evolutions The Rebel Pilots Legacy 3-Pack

You will not be charged for the above item(s).

Those weren't TRU exclusives were they? That Rebel Pilots three-pack is one of the things I'm looking forward to the most from this year.:(

Banthaholic
03-16-2008, 12:03 AM
Those weren't TRU exclusives were they? That Rebel Pilots three-pack is one of the things I'm looking forward to the most from this year.:(
No they weren't TRU exclusives. I wouldn't be too alarmed. It's been a common practice over the past few years for TRU to cancel online orders, sometimes for little reason. Then they repost the items a few weeks later.

pegger
03-16-2008, 10:16 AM
Not to mention that the sculpt of the ewok village is poor and they've said they won't be doing any environment style sets or playsets.

Yeah - but they already have the sculpt. I think they are against doing new playsets because of the cost of tooling and development. That was done AGES ago with the ewok village.

But - $50 for 8 figs (mostly repaints) AND the ewok village would be a great deal.

$50 for 8 figs won't sell nearly as well.

Consdier Hoth came with a Turrent and AT-ST. Endor came with a AT-ST, 2 speeder bikes and 2 logs. An ewok celebration would have to come with something. The AT-STs don't make any sense - neither would speeder bikes. So we're looking at a a village (or part of one) OR a ton of ewoks.

So before I say "yea" or "nay" I would like to see the accessories.

PS - Hasbro also said that they would never do animated sculpts again - and then pulled a Clinton. They could do the same for playsets.

Old Fossil
03-16-2008, 10:30 AM
This could be cool if the funeral pyre accessory had a battery-powered "light up" feature. Or it could suck.

Either way, this set sounds like a pass for me, even with the Sullustan pilot.

bigbarada
03-16-2008, 01:06 PM
This could be cool if the funeral pyre accessory had a battery-powered "light up" feature. Or it could suck.

Either way, this set sounds like a pass for me, even with the Sullustan pilot.

I excited about the Sullustan Pilot, but it's the only figure I'm excited for from this set. So, unless I actually see it in the stores and can judge the other figures for myself, then I'll likely just buy the pilot off of Ebay.

JON9000
03-16-2008, 02:15 PM
IDEA:

1: go into yard

2: get bunch of small sticks

3: take one of 50 Vaders you have by now

4: bundle sticks together with twine

5. Place Vader on sticks

6. Add charcoal fluid

7. Place Luke nearby

8. Light match and hold to sticks

9. enjoy Funeral Pyre Vader without spending $50

10. (Optional): make ewok figures dance to new age music.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
03-16-2008, 02:37 PM
U-3PO and E-3PO are both silver (U-3PO might be slightly bronze), so I can't see why they'd release both at the same time. The only picture of G-3PO on Wookieepedia is in black and white so I don't know what they'll do with him.

The victory celebration seems like an odd choice for an Ultimate Battle Pack when the others were so action-oriented.

And the number of ghost Anakins is getting a little high, though I suppose we all figured a Sebastian variant was coming. I really doubt they'd go back to the blue plastic, as they've said that's just for holograms and the ghosts are now going to be in the new style.

I would have really liked to have gotten a celebration Lando in this set instead of Han or Chewie, but I guess I'll need them for the display anyway. For Luke, as someone said, hopefully they'll reuse the upcoming sandstorm Luke body and give him a new head.

Funeral pyre Vader is VERY welcome. The red-suited Sullustan could have just as easily been in the Evolutions set; this one seems like a ploy for more money (gasp!).

The Death Star set could very likely have the normal-colored Luke and Han in stormtrooper disguise. The Imperial Officers and Death Star Troopers have been selling very poorly as of late so I can't imagine they'd have them in there . . . but, who knows.

Mad Slanted Powers
03-16-2008, 02:37 PM
IDEA:

1: go into yard

2: get bunch of small sticks

3: take one of 50 Vaders you have by now

4: bundle sticks together with twine

5. Place Vader on sticks

6. Add charcoal fluid

7. Place Luke nearby

8. Light match and hold to sticks

9. enjoy Funeral Pyre Vader without spending $50

10. (Optional): make ewok figures dance to new age music.And there are plenty of Vader's around. I could go to the Fred Meyer near me and get a dozen Saga Legends Vaders to burn. You need at least two. One to burn while the original Yub Yub music is playing and one for the Special Edition music is playing.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
03-16-2008, 02:43 PM
And there are plenty of Vader's around. I could go to the Fred Meyer near me and get a dozen Saga Legends Vaders to burn. You need at least two. One to burn while the original Yub Yub music is playing and one for the Special Edition music is playing.
And one to burn while the actual music from that scene is playing. ;)

Sinscia Fat'o
03-16-2008, 04:02 PM
i wouldn't mind getting this set if there is a little more bang for the buck in it. I like the idea of Ewok village even if it's scaled down a tad. Though if it's just the Pyre figure, and a few rehashes i'm out...

Kidhuman
03-16-2008, 08:12 PM
You know what would really e funny, if rumors actually turned out false. Then we are all worked up over nothing. Believe nothing until Hasbro says it is what it is.