PDA

View Full Version : Captain Rex Certificate?

amrcanpoet
03-16-2008, 10:02 AM
Anyone know if you have to obtain the certificate through a figure, or if Hasbro has a downloadable certificate? Thanks!

Mr. JabbaJohnL
03-16-2008, 02:14 PM
I'm pretty sure you have to buy a figure to get it, or someone here could probably mail one if you asked real nice. ;)

Sinscia Fat'o
03-17-2008, 04:59 PM
You'll have to get a Saga Legend figure, which i've seen boat loads of them at Wal-Marts and Targets as of late, and inside the package you'll find a certifcate near where the UPC/Hasbro Catalog is.

JediTricks
03-18-2008, 03:40 PM
The figures that have the certificates have a sticker on the bubble saying they have the sticker inside, so you don't need to buy random figures HOPING they have it, you'll know before purchase whether or not they do.

amrcanpoet
03-18-2008, 08:50 PM
Well, I'm aware of how to get them in the store, but was just hoping there was a way to get the mail-in certificate without buying an extra figure. Seems kinda bunk for Hasbro to make you buy a figure just to get the ABILITY to send in 4 UPC codes for a free figure. Oh well.

figrin bran
03-18-2008, 09:19 PM
You'll have to get a Saga Legend figure, which i've seen boat loads of them at Wal-Marts and Targets as of late, and inside the package you'll find a certifcate near where the UPC/Hasbro Catalog is.

They're starting to put the certificates inside TAC 08 wave 1 figures as well. I just received some Kashyyyk Troopers from HTS that had the Rex sticker on the bubble and the certificate inside.

JediTricks
03-19-2008, 12:44 AM
That's the point, they're trying to get you to buy a new figure.

TheDarthVader
03-19-2008, 10:57 PM
If someone wants to mail me a certificate or two please send me a PM. Thanks!

Brian

figrin bran
03-20-2008, 12:33 AM
Well, I'm aware of how to get them in the store, but was just hoping there was a way to get the mail-in certificate without buying an extra figure. Seems kinda bunk for Hasbro to make you buy a figure just to get the ABILITY to send in 4 UPC codes for a free figure. Oh well.

Just so you know, the Captain Rex figure isn't free. Not only do you have to provide 4 UPC's but a check/money order for $6.99 as well.

darth_robb
03-23-2008, 02:34 PM
Aside from buying a figure for the certificate does anyone know if the upc's have to come from those same packages or can the UPC be from a TAC figure for instance that doesn't have the sticker on the package? I haven't been collecting the Saga Legends and was hoping to avoid buying them just for the upc's and stickers instead of using the ones from the countless figures I buy from the other collections. Thanks for the help.

JediTricks
03-24-2008, 03:07 PM
Aside from buying a figure for the certificate does anyone know if the upc's have to come from those same packages or can the UPC be from a TAC figure for instance that doesn't have the sticker on the package? I haven't been collecting the Saga Legends and was hoping to avoid buying them just for the upc's and stickers instead of using the ones from the countless figures I buy from the other collections. Thanks for the help.
It can be from any TAC or Saga Legends figure, not just the ones with the form.

darth_robb
03-24-2008, 07:07 PM
Thanks for the help.

Bel-Cam Jos
03-25-2008, 02:23 PM
The way I read the certificate, you don't need the UPCs themselves, just the codes (like the Hasbro Rewards deal). But I'll still mail in the cardboard codes just in case, since it doesn't ask for the receipt(s) (unless I missed that part, too).

Thunderbird
03-25-2008, 09:12 PM
The way I read the certificate, you don't need the UPCs themselves, just the codes (like the Hasbro Rewards deal). But I'll still mail in the cardboard codes just in case, since it doesn't ask for the receipt(s) (unless I missed that part, too).

You have to send it the UPC. If not people will just write the numbers down without buying the figures. It's a good thing you sent in the bar codes or you wouldn't have got you figure.

I'm glad they don't ask for the receipt any more, I've got a ton of UPCs to get rid of. I've already sent off for 4 I've got 6 more to send off for when ever I get a chance. Once these come in I have some to get rid of for sale or trade. At least I finally can get rid of some of these damn UPCs for once:laugh:

Mr. JabbaJohnL
03-25-2008, 09:59 PM
I sent mine off today . . . I almost forgot the UPCs, but I got them in there. Now all there is to do is wait by the mailbox. :cross-eye

timmae
03-26-2008, 12:26 AM
sure would be nice if it comes carded like the stormlucas. for 6.99 it should.

jedi master sal
04-02-2008, 11:27 AM
Anyone needing a Rex certificate, PM me. I got two cases of TFU figs yesterday. I'm trading off 4 of those figs and saving a few of the certs for me. However, I still have about 15 certs left. I won't need them. First come first served. Maximum of 2 though please, as I want to be as fair as I can to as many people possible.

Also, I have a good many UPCs to go with those. PM me if you need those as well. Deference will be given to those I have had deals with in the past for the UPCs (the certs are for anyone however).

You will need to send me a PM stating if you want 1 or 2 Certs and if you do or do not need a set of 4 UPCs. It's Only 4 UPCs per person, no more. Again just to be fair.

As well, you will need to mail me a self addressed stamp envelope so that I can send the cert and/or UPCs to you.

If you request both a cert and UPCs and I've run out of UPCs I will still send you the cert in the envelope you send me.

Doing it this way is still much cheaper than you having to buy the figures to get the cert and UPCs (especially if you're not an opener).

-Sal