PDA

View Full Version : What kind of time frame for AOTC figures



Sith Vicious
02-13-2002, 10:29 PM
Does anyone know roughly how many figures will be released in the initial wave of AOTC figures (not counting the four previews)? Just the 14 we've seen carded so far? What kind of time frame for the rest?:confused:

GNT
02-14-2002, 12:31 AM
Originally posted by Sith Vicious
Does anyone know roughly how many figures will be released in the initial wave of AOTC figures (not counting the four previews)? Just the 14 we've seen carded so far? What kind of time frame for the rest?:confused:


On April 23rd there will be 26 basic carded figures on the shelves :)

Beast
02-14-2002, 12:58 AM
Originally posted by GNT
On April 23rd there will be 26 basic carded figures on the shelves :)

That's incorrect GNT. There will only be the 14 we have already seen. 8 Collection 1's and 6 Collection 2's. Then on or after May 16th when the movie opens they can put out the refresh cases with 6 new figures in collection 1, and 6 new figures in collection 2.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

GNT
02-14-2002, 01:30 AM
By the time AOTC is out,will have 26 figures so I'm pretty sure will get more than 14 on April 23!

Beast
02-14-2002, 01:42 AM
Originally posted by GNT
By the time AOTC is out,will have 26 figures so I'm pretty sure will get more than 14 on April 23!
How? On April 23rd there is only 2 collections being released. 8 figures in collection 1 and 6 figures in collection 2. No other basic figures are scheduled for that day, which means we'll get refresh cases with 6 new figures in each, for the May 16th movie release.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Wolfwood319
02-14-2002, 01:44 AM
I thought there was going to be 14 basic figures on the 23rd. Then like 2 weeks later, 2 more waves are going to be released. For a total of 30 or so figures by the time the movie opens.

I don't think they're releasing 26 figures on one day. Can we get some confirmation on this, please?

Beast
02-14-2002, 01:50 AM
Originally posted by Wolfwood319
I thought there was going to be 14 basic figures on the 23rd. Then like 2 weeks later, 2 more waves are going to be released. For a total of 30 or so figures by the time the movie opens.
I don't think they're releasing 26 figures on one day. Can we get some confirmation on this, please?
That's exactly what I have heard everywhere. Confirmation can be gleamed from figures showing up on ebay as well as in dealers and collectors hands. This suggests that is roughly what will happen. I assume the refresh cases will be marked with a do not sell until May 16th (or so) as well.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

GNT
02-14-2002, 01:50 AM
Originally posted by JarJarBinks
How? On April 23rd there is only 2 collections being released. 8 figures in collection 1 and 6 figures in collection 2. No other basic figures are scheduled for that day, which means we'll get refresh cases with 6 new figures in each, for the May 16th movie release.



Hasbro is releasing 52 basic figures split evenly over two categories known as "Collection 1" and "Collection 2". 26 of these figures will be available by the release of Episode II in theaters , refreshed with waves of new figures

Beast
02-14-2002, 01:58 AM
Exactly GNT, 14 figures come out on April 23rd. By May 16th there will be a release of the refresh cases containing 6 new figures in each. 14 + 6 + 6 = 26. :D Not that difficult a concept. :)

MTFBWT and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Wolfwood319
02-14-2002, 02:03 AM
That's what I thought anyway. Hasbro didn't want to bombard us with 26 figures in one day. Initial 14 on the first day (collection 1, I believe), and then 2 weeks later, another 12 (collection 2, I guess).

What about beasts, deluxe figs, and vehicles? I know the Gunship doesn't come out until Fall, but what comes out on the 23rd?

Beast
02-14-2002, 02:07 AM
Originally posted by Wolfwood319
That's what I thought anyway. Hasbro didn't want to bombard us with 26 figures in one day. Initial 14 on the first day (collection 1, I believe), and then 2 weeks later, another 12 (collection 2, I guess).
There are 14 figures slated to come out on the 23, 8 of them are collection 1 and 6 of them collection 2. Here is a checklist for the basic 4" figures coming out on April 23rd:

Collection 1 (Wave 1):
[ ] Anakin Skywalker (Outland Peasent Disguise)
[ ] C-3PO (Protocal Droid)
[ ] Jango Fett (Kamino Escape)
[ ] Kit Fisto (Jedi Master)
[ ] Obi-Wan Kenobi (Coruscant Chase)
[ ] Padmé Amidala (Arena Escape)
[ ] R2-D2 (Coruscant Sentry)
[ ] Super Battle Droid

Collection 2 (Wave 1):
[ ] Battle Droid (Arena Battle)
[ ] Boba Fett (Kamino Escape)
[ ] Captain Typho (Padmé's Head of Security)
[ ] Plo Koon (Arena Battle)
[ ] Shaak Ti (Jedi Master)
[ ] Tusken Raider (Female w/ Child)

Then around the opening of Episode 2, 12 more figures should become avaliable. I do not have a full list of the new figures in the refresh cases but some of them are obvious. Such as spoiler figures like Anakin:Hanger Duel, Count Dooku, Geonosin's, and Kamino charecters, as well as figures for vehicles. :D

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

GNT
02-14-2002, 02:16 AM
So where was this whole 14 figures confirmed?

Beast
02-14-2002, 02:26 AM
Originally posted by GNT
So where was this whole 14 figures confirmed?
GNT, you yourself have seen the figures from the April 23rd case assortments, where exactly are you getting the fact of there being another 12 figures avaliable on April 23rd? There is no collection 3, so they can't come that way. All that the official site has said is that there will be a total of 26 basic figures avaliable on the day the movie opens. 14 figures released on April 23rd. Then on or slightly before AOTC's opens on May 16th, the 12 more figures will hit, making the total...26.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

GNT
02-14-2002, 02:35 AM
Originally posted by JarJarBinks

GNT, you yourself have seen the figures from the April 23rd case assortments, where exactly are you getting the fact of there being another 12 figures avaliable on April 23rd? There is no collection 3, so they can't come that way. All that the official site has said is that there will be a total of 26 basic figures avaliable on the day the movie opens. 14 figures released on April 23rd. Then on or slightly before AOTC's opens on May 16th, the 12 more figures will hit, making the total...26.

I'd like to know where you heard(on the official sites) that 14 figures were coming on April 23rd!

Beast
02-14-2002, 02:49 AM
Originally posted by GNT
I'd like to know where you heard(on the official sites) that 14 figures were coming on April 23rd!
I'd like to know where you heard(on the official sites) that 26 figures were coming on April 23rd!:frus: :rolleyes: For one, I can't find the "official" statement, but unless you're blind, you can see what and how many we are getting April 23rd. :D

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

GNT
02-14-2002, 03:08 AM
For one, I can't find the "official" statement for 14 figures coming out in April so we have along time to argue about this....