PDA

View Full Version : I think I may wait until the AT-TE comes out to get more clones.

Tycho
03-18-2008, 04:38 PM
Is this a good idea?

I'm not going to fill the thing with 20 or more Clones. It will be displayed "closed" in my dioramas (Geonosis and Utopau).

I will use AT-TE Gunner figures (ROTS, Saga Greatest Battles) where any Clones have to be visible (top gunner chair, command cockpit) but unless you can see inside a window (and I guess I won't know until I get the vehicles), I'm not going to worry about crewing it with Clones.

I'll try that out with my loose figures when I first get it, just to play with it. But then when it goes behind glass, who's going to know if I have troops in there or not?

But if you can see in windows or something, I may have to turn to eBay really late in the game if only animated-style clones are available at that time.

What do you think?

Jedi_Kal-El
03-18-2008, 08:26 PM
I'm picking stray ones up here and there when I see them. Beats having to resort to ebay later on. I'll crew mine even if it's all closed up. I know some people like to just display the vehicle, but I like having pilots and crews in my ships, because they don't look right without them IMO.

For the most part though Tycho, I doubt you'll have to worry about clones being available or not.

2-1B
03-18-2008, 08:50 PM
I think that's a fantastic idea, Tycho. :thumbsup:

El Chuxter
03-18-2008, 09:07 PM
I think I may wait until hell freezes over to get more clones.

figrin bran
03-18-2008, 10:24 PM
Is this a good idea?

I'm not going to fill the thing with 20 or more Clones. It will be displayed "closed" in my dioramas (Geonosis and Utopau).

I will use AT-TE Gunner figures (ROTS, Saga Greatest Battles) where any Clones have to be visible (top gunner chair, command cockpit) but unless you can see inside a window (and I guess I won't know until I get the vehicles), I'm not going to worry about crewing it with Clones.

I'll try that out with my loose figures when I first get it, just to play with it. But then when it goes behind glass, who's going to know if I have troops in there or not?

But if you can see in windows or something, I may have to turn to eBay really late in the game if only animated-style clones are available at that time.

What do you think?

Why turn to ebay when you can ask some of us for help? You might remember me saying on the AT-TE thread that I thought I might have extras of the Gunners. I found one carded one and 1 loose and might have others as well which you are welcome to. If you're interested in AT-RT drivers, I have tons of them as well.

JediTricks
03-19-2008, 01:43 AM
The main cockpit is a single-seat with big windows on the front and sides, you'd want a driver for that, and the top cannon is a manned turret so you'll want a gunner for that. But if you're going to keep it closed, no reason to get any clones at all I guess. I don't plan on buying any more clones, I have enough ROTS guys in different variations that I'll just shove them in there and not worry about mismatched armor and ranks. Actually, I have enough #6 and #41s that I could probably have standing clone commanders leading a small squad in each aisle (there are 3 aisles), but besides plain white, only my orange Cody squad is deep enough to work that way.

Still, especially for AOTC clones, you won't likely find them at that point, but they're still findable now, so if you want those guys instead of ROTS, now is definitely the time as they were harder to get all along (though I know Tycho has a bunch of 'em).

Tycho
03-19-2008, 06:17 AM
Good point JT:

I plan to buy 2 AT-TEs (Geonosis, Utopau)

For Geonosis, the Clones need to be AOTC style. Indeed I do have a ton of them, but I may need a specialized figure or two for the cockpit and top cannon.

Hmmm. Hey Figrin. Please disregard my PM I just sent you. I'll purchase 2 from you but will NOT need 4 total in light of this. The figures would be from the wrong movie!

I bought correctly before hand, but just never anticipated the AT-AP being made as well. Thus my need for gunners for the smaller walkers.

I may pick up 2 more SL AOTC clones at Target. They ARE available. I don't think I should use the Republic Gunship Pilot figure in there, do you?

I wouldn't have enough of those guys as it is. I know I have 16, maybe 20 of them, but I might need 2 more for the V-19's as it is.

Here's to hope for a re-release of the AOTC Republic Gunship Pilot then.

But I don't know if any ranked clones (green, blue, red - surely not yellow) should be driving or gunning on an AT-TE from AOTC).

Val Da Car
03-19-2008, 04:46 PM
Before I realized that AT TE gunner mold was weak I picked up about 10 of them. I might want to trade them for other figures once the AT TE comes out.

Tycho
03-19-2008, 08:14 PM
Before I realized that AT TE gunner mold was weak I picked up about 10 of them. I might want to trade them for other figures once the AT TE comes out.

What do you mean by "weak?"

Jedi_Kal-El
03-19-2008, 08:26 PM

He means "Not as good as other versions of the Clone Trooper" my friend, and I agree with him. Especially where his arm and elbow articulation are concerned. I tried to put one on my AT-AP and he didn't fit as well as any of the SA clones.

2-1B
03-19-2008, 09:31 PM
They have scrawny arms.

Val Da Car
03-19-2008, 10:26 PM
They have scrawny arms.

Yes, scrawny body sculpting and weak articulation but the arm popping off at the Elbow just kills me and now I am stuck with them. I was hoping to go deep with them and end up with a good number so gunners once the AT TE was made (either custom or by Hasbro). After looking at the SA AOTC Clones from from the CW line & EE's set (2 years previous) I would rather place the Evo pilot in the gunner's seat or do a head swap. I am looking forward to getting my AT TE's at the Midnight Madness event on July 26th.

figrin bran
03-19-2008, 10:31 PM

He means "Not as good as other versions of the Clone Trooper" my friend, and I agree with him. Especially where his arm and elbow articulation are concerned. I tried to put one on my AT-AP and he didn't fit as well as any of the SA clones.

Shhh!!! I'm trying to unload my AT-TE gunners on Tycho!

Val Da Car
03-19-2008, 11:17 PM
I just recounted and i have 16 of them....

bigbarada
03-20-2008, 02:13 AM
Midnight Madness event on July 26th.

Is it confirmed that there will be a Midnight Madness on the 26th of July? If so, then I hope that includes the ROTJ wave and the A-Wing.

figrin bran
03-20-2008, 02:36 AM
Is it confirmed that there will be a Midnight Madness on the 26th of July? If so, then I hope that includes the ROTJ wave and the A-Wing.

Here's what Hasbro had to say about it on yakface's Q&A

Q1: First off thanks for having another fabulous showing at this year's Toyfair, With all the announcements made, 7/26/08 (Saturday) is going to be the busy day at most retailers which begs the question - are there any TRU (or other retailer) "midnight madness" plans like with past major line releases?

A1:Yes indeed, retailers are shaping up their plans and there will be activity similar to 2005 and the launch of Episode III toys. As for specific details, it is too early to talk about it but as things take shape we will keep fans informed.

I take it as a maybe, maybe not.

Old Fossil
03-20-2008, 09:25 AM
I gave away my two clone Gunners some time ago. I do not miss them.:tired:

Neuroleptic
03-20-2008, 09:59 AM
I have a clone gunner that I put in the gun turret of my AT-AP or whatever the heck its called.

He stays up there, but he looks almost like he's afrade he's going to fall off since he has to hug the display screen because his elbos have no articulation. They gave him good articulation in the legs and PATHETIC articulation in the arms. I never have understood that.

Jedi_Kal-El
03-20-2008, 03:04 PM
Shhh!!! I'm trying to unload my AT-TE gunners on Tycho!

Oh, sorry dude.

(pssst. He'll never know the difference, just go with it, he'll probably take them.)