PDA

View Full Version : Target $1 Items

Bel-Cam Jos
03-21-2008, 07:54 PM
Check out your local Target store, in their One Spot (think that's its name) discount aisle near the front of the store. They're cheap (a buck a piece) and decent in quality. Currently, they have:

- marker set (8 colors)
- 2 pens set
- small water bottle
- magnetic notepad
- flimsy backpack
- yo-yo
- mini dry erase board
- maybe some others I can't recall

All of these are in one of three styles: Vader, Yoda, and... Chewie? :confused: Wha-?! Huh?!

2-1B
03-21-2008, 08:10 PM
I bought a Yoda mousepad.

TeeEye7
03-21-2008, 08:17 PM
BCJ: SHHHH!!!

My wife haunts that section every time we go to Target. She cleans up on "incentives" and supplies for her third grade class.

She hit a record this year in dumping money back into her class: almost $5,000 out of our pockets for supplies (the district is woeful in supplying paper, pencils, scissors, glue sticks, you know, the basics), "incentives", and other goodies for her kids.

Nothing like working for free for a couple of months a year. :rolleyes:

Bel-Cam Jos
03-21-2008, 08:35 PM
BCJ: SHHHH!!!

She hit a record this year in dumping money back into her class: almost $5,000 out of our pockets for supplies (the district is woeful in supplying paper, pencils, scissors, glue sticks, you know, the basics), "incentives", and other goodies for her kids.

Nothing like working for free for a couple of months a year. :rolleyes:Wow! I've never put that much into my class before. I've gone close to $500 once or twice, but I am anal retentive about my stuff, so it lasts as long as I can get out of 'em.

I bought a Yoda mousepad.Haven't seen any MPs yet; will have to keep an eye out fer 'em.

Kidhuman
03-21-2008, 09:07 PM
I bought the markers, pens, pencils and dry erase boards last year. they also and wallets and a few other things

TeeEye7
03-22-2008, 12:02 AM
Wow! I've never put that much into my class before. I've gone close to $500 once or twice, but I am anal retentive about my stuff, so it lasts as long as I can get out of 'em.

Well, you gotta remember she has an army of third graders :train wrecks:. They're not as responsible and mature as your students ;).

My wife has the utter AUDACITY to actually supply materials for art projects throughout the year (instead of constant testing) so that her kiddies might broaden their educational horizons. She also provides other resources (CDs, DVDs for things like history, science, and social studies) to jump-start the little darling's collctive heads. My wife tries to make learning fun! From her test scores, she's pretty darn successful, too! :thumbsup: Her school is a magnet school (read: lots of lower-economic kids), and she's seen the investments pay off. :yes:. We may complain, but in the end, it's been worth it.

BTW: Typically we spent between $1500 to $3000 per year in her class....this year has gone nuts for whatever reason. Her district's annual supply budget for the school year is a whopping $750 for classroom supplies (that's about $83/month for 20 students).

Bel-Cam Jos
03-22-2008, 10:31 AM
Well, you gotta remember she has an army of third graders :train wrecks:. They're not as responsible and mature as your students ;).

BTW: Typically we spent between $1500 to $3000 per year in her class....this year has gone nuts for whatever reason. Her district's annual supply budget for the school year is a whopping $750 for classroom supplies (that's about $83/month for 20 students).Responsible and mature high school students, eh? Hmm... I have to question your sanity there, TI. :crazed:

We don't get the money to buy supplies; my department just gets the supplies themselves. If you don't use those, you can trade with someone else who doesn't use some other ones. And I usually end up buying the rest, or the replacements for the used-up stuff. Often, Target is a good place for said items.

KH, I remember the wallets, now.

JetsAndHeels
03-22-2008, 03:28 PM
Responsible and mature high school students, eh? Hmm... I have to question your sanity there, TI. :crazed:

What subject do you teach? I teach high school as well, US history and civics.

In a related story, I am also an alcoholic.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
03-23-2008, 01:19 AM
I saw the markers, yo-yos and mousepads today. I got a Vader one for home and a Yoda one for when I move to the dorm.

Bel-Cam Jos
03-23-2008, 09:40 AM
What subject do you teach? I teach high school as well, US history and civics.

In a related story, I am also an alcoholic.I teach freshman and sophomore college prep English, plus a preparation class for juniors and seniors who had not yet passed the HS exit exam. This is a full six-period day, no prep period.

In a related story, I am semi-OCD and possibly clinically insane.

Oh, found the mousepads. Some for home, some for school.

TeeEye7
03-23-2008, 11:21 AM
In a related story, I am semi-OCD and possibly clinically insane.

They never tell you that side effect becomes full-blown after receiving your credential. ;)

So: J&H, BCJ, and LBC are our resident educators. Who else are we missing?

JetsAndHeels
03-23-2008, 11:54 AM
So: J&H, BCJ, and LBC are our resident educators. Who else are we missing?

I am sure you can find the rest in the teachers' lounge. That is where we get tanked so we can handle the day. :)

K M Toydarian
03-26-2008, 04:52 AM
Noticed yesterday that the Dollar Spot section of Target has gone on clearance. This should include the Star Wars stuff. They only had the water bottles left though.
On a related note, I picked up a few Star Wars Easter egg shapped tin keychains in the Easter section for 50% off.

Bel-Cam Jos
03-26-2008, 11:08 AM
Noticed yesterday that the Dollar Spot section of Target has gone on clearance. This should include the Star Wars stuff. They only had the water bottles left though.
On a related note, I picked up a few Star Wars Easter egg shapped tin keychains in the Easter section for 50% off.I picked up (literally) those egg-things the other day and thought the same thing; wait until post-Easter to even consider them. When the Dollar Spot stuff drops to 25% off or more, the things I'd prefer are often already gone, but I'll still stop by soon.

Kidhuman
03-28-2008, 04:23 PM
Went to Target today and they diodnt have any SW stuff in the dollar bins. I did get 8 packs of AA Batteries for 25 cents apiece though

K M Toydarian
03-29-2008, 02:18 AM
Went to Target today and they diodnt have any SW stuff in the dollar bins. I did get 8 packs of AA Batteries for 25 cents apiece though

Did the same today, AA batteries. Time to crack open my clearanced Target kashyyk ATRT set and juice em up with some clearanced Target batteries! :thumbsup: One lone Star Wars water bottle in the dollar section too, but I passed.

I did noticed the new dollar stuff has some cool Spiderman wristbands though. Why didn't they have Star Wars ones, that would have rocked.

InsaneJediGirl
04-29-2008, 07:17 PM
Target has a dollar section?Where have a I been?

TeeEye7
04-29-2008, 07:50 PM
Well at my Target (which I term politically incorrectly a "third world Target"), it lurks next to the shopping carts as you walk in.

At the other Target on the other side of town (which I term politically incorrectly a "white bread Target"), I've never found it. It's a Target Greatland (higher classed vs. what I have in my neighborhood) and that may be the reason why.

TI7

K M Toydarian
04-29-2008, 10:17 PM
Most Targets here in LA, including 1 Greatland, have a "Dollar Spot". The Greatland one does seem to change it out sometimes with seasonal, themed stuff like "summer stuff", "Archer Farms foods", etc., instead however. But more than not there is a section in every store. Some are bigger than others, and in the nicer kept stores, it stays more organized and looking better.
Right now, I think there are some Spiderman school supplies, but no more Star Wars.
There are some toddler size Star Wars socks, in a character assortment mixed in with other boys' and girls' cartoon and licenses. All I have seen for Star Wars now.

TeeEye7
05-19-2008, 02:57 AM
Five rain gauges; for 25 cents each! :thumbsup:

The irony? I live in Southern California! :crazed:

The reason? I'm a member of a chapter of the National Weather Association. Yes! I'm proud to claim that I'm a weather geek! (I'm even a certified NWA weather observer and provide statistics to one of our local TV stations!) :whip:

I'll probably go back and clean the bin out at that price (there's about fifteen left). We're having our annual picnic soon, and we have raffle prizes to boot. Rain gauges make weather geeks salivate, ya know! :love: For an SSG analogy, it's like sniffing mouse droids! ;)

Did I use enough smilies?

Bel-Cam Jos
11-26-2008, 04:57 PM
Five rain gauges; for 25 cents each! :thumbsup:

The irony? I live in Southern California! :crazed:

The reason? I'm a member of a chapter of the National Weather Association. Yes! I'm proud to claim that I'm a weather geek! (I'm even a certified NWA weather observer and provide statistics to one of our local TV stations!) :whip:

Did I use enough smilies?Today, down here in SoCal, you might be able to measure our rain (although, when I get out of my car to head into the grocery store, it downpours. Maybe 2-3 minutes later, it's stopped. Stoopid impatience of mine! :p )

Not a dollar item at all, but I was in Target the other day and saw a Clone Wars fishing pole. I submit the 25th letter of the alphabet, followed by a question mark.

TeeEye7
11-26-2008, 07:59 PM
.45 of an inch of rain with today's storm already! It's a derned gulley-washer by our standards! Batten down the hatches, kiddies! :thumbsup:

Just sent my report to the station for the 5 o'clock broadcast....

Bel-Cam Jos
12-22-2008, 04:55 PM
I don't know if these're specific to Target (but I hadn't seen them anywhere else), but there were some mini bobbleheads of Santa Yoda and holiday Jawa in the stocking stuffers section of the store (there's a good 'S' alliteration), as well as some holiday versions of SW Galactic Heroes. Here's hoping there will be some left when prices drop to closer to $1 each, post-Christmas time! :rolleyes:

DarkArtist
12-26-2008, 09:22 AM
I don't know if these're specific to Target (but I hadn't seen them anywhere else), but there were some mini bobbleheads of Santa Yoda and holiday Jawa in the stocking stuffers section of the store (there's a good 'S' alliteration), as well as some holiday versions of SW Galactic Heroes. Here's hoping there will be some left when prices drop to closer to $1 each, post-Christmas time! :rolleyes:

i actually picked up the Holiday Jawa bobblehead. it's just so funny and my wife thinks they're cute so it's all good.

got a couple of the single pack GH's but was sorta hoping for the holiday themed 3 pack ones. hopefully i can find them on clearence

Bel-Cam Jos
12-27-2008, 11:03 AM
i actually picked up the Holiday Jawa bobblehead. it's just so funny and my wife thinks they're cute so it's all good.

got a couple of the single pack GH's but was sorta hoping for the holiday themed 3 pack ones. hopefully i can find them on clearenceIt took me four different Targets, but I finally found one Holiday Yoda bobblehead (I had hoped to find both it and the Jawa to make a side-by-side decision, but it was made for me by the limited availability ;) ) and a few Holiday GHs (but just got the Yoda-R2-Luke one). No other "sale" items interested me (man, those other Clone Wars ornaments out there are cheapo! :sad: ).

A few Targets have had the Indiana Jones figs at about 45% off, but now you can't find Indy himself all that easily (and it's usually only Bazooka Jones from IJatKotCS).

TeeEye7
12-27-2008, 04:58 PM

Good call by Mrs. DA! Mrs. TI7 picked up the jawa bobblehead :yes: for me yesterday at Target and it's very much worth grabbing one! The gift he's/she's/it's holding really makes the figure!

It took me four different Targets, but I finally found one Holiday Yoda bobblehead (I had hoped to find both it and the Jawa to make a side-by-side decision, but it was made for me by the limited availability ;) )

Santa brought me the Yoda bobblehead :yes: and together with the jawa they're impressive. Most impressive. Grab 'em both if you can BCJ!

Bel-Cam Jos
12-29-2008, 10:29 AM
Good call by Mrs. DA! Mrs. TI7 picked up the jawa bobblehead :yes: for me yesterday at Target and it's very much worth grabbing one! The gift he's/she's/it's holding really makes the figure!

Santa brought me the Yoda bobblehead :yes: and together with the jawa they're impressive. Most impressive. Grab 'em both if you can BCJ!Is it a Q-37 Explosive Space Modula-tor? :alien:

As Leia said in the trash compactor (which often looks cleaner than most discount aisles these days :eek: ), "I'm trying..."

DarkArtist
12-29-2008, 02:10 PM
Is it a Q-37 Explosive Space Modula-tor? :alien:

As Leia said in the trash compactor (which often looks cleaner than most discount aisles these days :eek: ), "I'm trying..."

too funny. it's true most of the aisles look like the DS trash compactor but that's year round as well.

to use a spin-off on your qoute......"You're making me angry. Very Angry":alien: that's the way i feel trying to shop through those discount bins. you grab something and 100 other little thingies spring up and attack you

Bel-Cam Jos
12-31-2008, 10:59 AM
It appears that Target's now up to 75% off on its Christmas stuff, although it's harder to find any SW items at all. I've been to Target seven times (five different stores) since The Day After and only found one Yoda BH and bought one Holiday GH. I occasionally see one or two of those other SW ornaments (usually broken or missing parts). The Jawa BH (of which I had seen two days before Christmas, but felt that buying a gift for myself before would be rude) remains elsewhere, elusive.

El Chuxter
12-31-2008, 12:10 PM
They've got a bunch of $1 "For Dummies" books. Most are things I never would've considered, but for a buck, I got a couple.

Bel-Cam Jos
12-26-2009, 11:42 PM
Found one SW Lego mini set (TIE Fighter) and a Vader holiday bobblehead today, both at 50% off. Not much out there, regardless of SW status, in the stores. Is that a good sign that pre-Christmas spending was strong this year?

OC47150
12-28-2009, 10:34 PM
The Lego sets disappearred from my Targets weeks ago. I'm hoping they will make a return visit with the Easter toys.