PDA

View Full Version : Build-a-Beast assortment?

StbrianofMinneapolis
03-22-2008, 06:01 PM
Dear Hasbro, please consider doing Build-a-Beast asortment after the the droid factory line ends. Maybe some of these larger beast peices could come with vehicles in the line as well as the indiviual figures.

I rarely buy more than 15% of any given figure or vehicle line, but I would change my tune with these kinds of incentives.

Here are a some suggestions.

Krayt dragon, alive or skeleton (Tatooine)
Eopie (Tatooine)
Orray (E2 arena steed)
Knobby white spider (Dagobah)
Master Thon (Tales of the Jedi)
Nerf (Tatooine)
Jerba (Tatooine)
Lava flea (Mustafar)
Womp rat (Tatooine)
Mynock (Space)
Worrt (Tatooine)
Small/baby bantha (Tatooine)
Aiwha (Kamino E2)
Misc. Naboo animals, Ikopi, ect.

2-1B
03-22-2008, 06:23 PM
Acklay - each figure comes with one crab leg.

Battle Droid
03-22-2008, 06:41 PM
Gelagrub (Felucia)
Ginntho (Utapau)
Dactillion (Utapau)

jedi master sal
03-22-2008, 07:36 PM
This is a decent idea, but since the beast parts would be more expensive to manufacture, you can bet the build-a-beast program would be more expensive that the build-a-droid one is.

Still, I'd go for this depending on the figure/beast combinations.

They'd have to make sense.

For instance Jerbas and Nerfs are mostly known for being on Tatooine, so NO Hoth figures.

StbrianofMinneapolis
03-22-2008, 09:07 PM
The Dactillon is not too shabby. That is one I noticed in the past. The beetle and the spider are behind everything else on my list though.

The Droid factory promotion probably is cheaper, but it doesnt motivate me at all. I have no plans to buy any extra figures to complete one of those droids.
Are you guys really motivated by the droids?

jedi master sal
03-23-2008, 10:48 AM
The Dactillon is not too shabby. That is one I noticed in the past. The beetle and the spider are behind everything else on my list though.

The Droid factory promotion probably is cheaper, but it doesnt motivate me at all. I have no plans to buy any extra figures to complete one of those droids.
Are you guys really motivated by the droids?

Honestly no. I'll get them because I'm nearly obsessed. But I'd much rather have beasts or one LARGE figure in the "Build-A" program.

dr_evazan22
03-23-2008, 11:48 AM
I don't usually see the "Questions to ask Hasbro" threads, but has this question been added? It's a good idea.

El Chuxter
03-23-2008, 01:26 PM
I still say a Gorax, packed with Ewok figures. :cool:

2-1B
03-23-2008, 03:19 PM
hell Chux, let's do a Build-a-Teek figure. :thumbsup:

:Teek-1B:

Jargo
03-23-2008, 04:11 PM
I'd sooner see smaller beasts packed in with figures like they did with Yoda and Kybuck.

Jerba & Cantina patron (Tatooine)
Eopie & Kittster/Wald (Tatooine)
Young Bantha & Tusken youth (Tatooine)
Orray & Picador Geonosian (Geonosis)
Shaak & Anakin (Naboo)
Nerf & herder(Alderaan)
Orange Varactyl [new head, Boga body] & Pau wrangler (Utapau)
Gela grub & clonetrooper (Felucia)
Dragonsnake, Bogwing [with added articulation] & Yoda (Dagobah)
Bordok beast of burden & Ewok (Endor)
'Pony' & Ewok (Endor)
Condor Dragon & Wicket (Endor)

Or critter packs.

Mynock, Duracrete slug, Hawkbat, Conduit worm, stone mite - critter pack (Coruscant)
Womp rat, Worrt, Dwarf Nuna, Scurrier rodent - Critter pack (Tatooine)
Peko Peko, Nuna, Mott, Pikobis - Critter pack (Naboo)

Trouble is hasbro thinks no-one wants beasts of any kind.

Blue2th
03-23-2008, 05:34 PM
I say any beast or critters would be welcome in a build-a-beast pack-in.
Why not take it a step further and make the different beasts parts fit with other beasts so we could build transmogrified mutations and experiments gone wrong.
That's something I would do if I was a kid. It's something I would do if I wasn't a kid, which I'm not. :yes:

StbrianofMinneapolis
03-23-2008, 07:13 PM
I'd sooner see smaller beasts packed in with figures like they did with Yoda and Kybuck.

I like this idea as well, but it might be tough to pull off with larger beasts like the Orray, Nerf, and Jerba. Not to mention it would be impossible with the Krayt Dragon and the Utapau bird.

StbrianofMinneapolis
03-23-2008, 07:27 PM
On top of all this, why are we getting too many lame comic two packs, when this space could be filled with a cool $10 beast assortment.

If Hasbro is so gay for "aggressive" vehicles, they should make every animal with some kind of attack feature and the kids (and I) will go nuts.

It wouldnt be so hard to imagine a Jerba or Nerf witha rear kick action. It would allow your Nerf herder a way to fight stormtroopers! Anything else can have a biting, or tail whipping action. Lets get this show on the road.

Animals are actually some of my favorite things about star wars.
(Can you tell I want more beasts, one way or another?)

Target should put out a Tusken Krayt Dragon hunt set with a bunch of tusken raiders trying to take down a dragon. It could be a large "comic scene pack" which was featured in the A'Sharad Hett storyline.

jedi master sal
03-23-2008, 08:08 PM

Jerba & Cantina patron (Tatooine)
Eopie & Kittster/Wald (Tatooine)
Young Bantha & Tusken youth (Tatooine)
Orray & Picador Geonosian (Geonosis)
Shaak & Anakin (Naboo)
Nerf & herder(Alderaan)
Orange Varactyl [new head, Boga body] & Pau wrangler (Utapau)
Gela grub & clonetrooper (Felucia)
Dragonsnake, Bogwing [with added articulation] & Yoda (Dagobah)
Bordok beast of burden & Ewok (Endor)
'Pony' & Ewok (Endor)
Condor Dragon & Wicket (Endor)

Or critter packs.

Mynock, Duracrete slug, Hawkbat, Conduit worm, stone mite - critter pack (Coruscant)
Womp rat, Worrt, Dwarf Nuna, Scurrier rodent - Critter pack (Tatooine)
Peko Peko, Nuna, Mott, Pikobis - Critter pack (Naboo)

Trouble is hasbro thinks no-one wants beasts of any kind.

These are EXCELLENT ideas! I'd buy all but one or two of them and multiples of a few of the others.

jedi master sal
03-23-2008, 08:11 PM
I still say a Gorax, packed with Ewok figures. :cool:

I've been asking for this for a few years now. I'd LOVE to have a Gorax figure.
Ewoks, Teek, Mace (the Kid, not Windu), his little sister. This would make for an excellent Ultra pack. though I'd venture to say it would be best as an online exclusive.

2-1B
03-24-2008, 11:22 AM
The exclusivity about it would be the excitement in my and Chux's pants. :thumbsup: :yeaha: :thumbsup: