PDA

View Full Version : Can Anyone Help with Movie Bumblebee Transformation?

jjreason
03-24-2008, 10:22 PM
Hey gang. My son bought himself a movie Bumblebee figure today, and I'm having some real issues getting it transformed into car mode. It is the version that came in robot mode, packed with 3 small S7 figures.

Having searched YouTube, it appears to work exactly the same as the "Deluxe" version, but it is made almost entirely of plastic.

The issue that I'm having is the hood/windshield area. I can't seem to get the hood to marry up to the windshield properly, and thus the roof panels will not meet on the top of the car properly. Also, I can't get the front wheels to slide in close to the body.

There is obviously some step I'm not doing properly - and of course the paper instructions don't offer any written descriptions of the steps to help decipher the hiroglyphic diagrams.

Did anyone else get hung up on this transformation and then figure it out? I'd love to hear how. Thanks.

figrin bran
03-25-2008, 12:43 AM
JT will probably be able to help you out but I'm going to go get my Bumblebee and see if I can beat him to it.

Hold on a sec - which version of Bumblebee is this? The only Bumblebee that I've seen in the Scene Encounters is a non transformable one that comes with Longarm.

El Chuxter
03-25-2008, 12:52 AM
Aww, dude, if your son bought a Bumblebee that doesn't transform and he didn't know that, that's going to suck more than Slicker's Mom can even dream of. And she can dream of sucking a lot. Particularly when the crews of large vessels are on shore leave.

jjreason
03-25-2008, 04:51 PM
No, he does. It's exactly like the "single carded" bumblebee figure, except it was packed with 3 little "army men" S7 guys. I'll try to attach a pic....

JediTricks
03-25-2008, 05:11 PM
Perhaps I need to rethink my friendship with you guys for not knowing which set that is. :p

I actually posted about a similar (possibly the same) issue when I first got the figure. The problem is clearance. Besides the large-ish panel that needs to be flipped up in his back, the shoulders and shoulder armor panels (the ones with the doors) get in the way constantly during the raising of the chest/hood, the automorph gearing gets hung up because the shoulder parts need a lot of adjusting along the way. The shoulders themselves have several moving hinges and parts, make sure everything there is aligned correctly and the panels are rotated into position. Once the hood is fully raised, it should align with the windshield correctly and the front wheels should have their clearance, if not it's possible the hood's gearing has ratcheted out of position so the arms can't get final clearance - but consider that only as a last possibility, the more likely scenario is the shoulders aren't fully folded and the arms aren't getting all the clearance they need.

jjreason
03-25-2008, 06:37 PM
It sounds like you're hitting the nail on the head, JT, it IS the front doors/shoulders that won't rotate properly - or so it seems. I'll keep monkeying around with it, and possibly post a pic of Tom's specific toy if things don't work out tonight.

DarthBrandon
03-25-2008, 06:47 PM
Dam JJ,

I'd love to help you out, but man these things are a b**ch to transform. My son has the Ultimate Bumblebee & it took me an hour just to figure out half of it. It didn't help that I was playing with it at the same time I was trying to transform it. :D Seriously though, these toys are pretty frustrating for me, so I can imagine how a kid feels to try it. My friend at work bought two of them, one that is transformed & one to keep in robot mode. He said it saves him the aggravation of having to go back & forth every five to ten minutes his son wants it to transform.lol

jjreason
03-25-2008, 07:24 PM
Well I managed to get it into a MUCH better approximation of a new Camaro thanks to your help, JT.

Much obliged - don't listen to what anyone else says, you're not a pr*ck. ;)

figrin bran
03-25-2008, 09:25 PM
Darnit, JT beat me to it after all. I don't recall seeing that set in stores - I've only seen the Longarm, Scorponok and Barricade ones.

JediTricks
03-26-2008, 02:06 AM
Well I managed to get it into a MUCH better approximation of a new Camaro thanks to your help, JT.

Much obliged - don't listen to what anyone else says, you're not a pr*ck. ;)
Sure thing buddy, thanks for the kind words. :p Glad it worked out, transform it back and forth a few times and it'll come more naturally to you, and from there you can teach the little one.