PDA

View Full Version : Was I in a coma?

Obehave Kenobi
02-14-2002, 02:18 AM
Seriously, was I? Where is the forum I visited a week ago that was screaming bloody murder on Hasbro? Where are the hoards of people who said they were going to quit collecting because of AOTC figures? You saw Toy Fair pictures and all is right with the world? I must have been looking at some different pictures, because they STILL look like the hyper-posed, non-articulated pieces of junk that we were *****ing about for months. Sure, there are a few (and I mean a few) good looking figures, but most of them are not good at all. And, the ones that ARE really good aren't even from AOTC. They're from the Classic Trilogy. I've come to expect certain things from the Star Wars collection, and frankly, my expectations are being missed by miles. I can't possibly be the only one who still isn't miraculously awed by these things, can I? Judging from the look of things, I must be.

Beast
02-14-2002, 02:47 AM
Why have so many people stopped complaining other then a few people. It's due to the same things that happen when someone suffers a life changing experience in their lives. It's called the four stages:

Stage 1: Disbelief
Disbelief that Hasbro would change the line that so many of us love and support with way more money then is really healthy sometimes. Usually associated with comments like: "How could they, they must be fakes, Hasbro wouldn't change them."

Stage 2: Anger/Grief
Upon sight of the first official shots, as well as those that made their way around ebay and were posted all over, anger and greif takes over. People are furious, calling Hasbro idiots and vowing to sell everything and stop collecting over the new toys. This stage is associated with comments like: "Those suck, I quit collecting, screw Hasbro!"

Stage 3: Acceptance
We see more and more and for some, acceptance that a fresh prespective in the line is a good idea. After all, not everything will be action posed. And the Jedi's that are if they have not action scenes in the movie will probably get re-sculpted. This stage is associated with comments like: "Hmm, now that I see more of these I am starting to like alot of them."

Stage 4: Joy
We see Toy Fair roll out, and suddenly we start seeing that we will be getting neutral non-action poses as well as pre-posed charecters. Suddenly joy starts breaking out thru the more open minded collectors. Some are still stuck in one of the earlier stages, but most are happy with seeing the new figures. This stage is associated with comments like: "Wow, I thought I wasn't going to like the new figures, but most of them are pretty cool!"

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Jargo
02-14-2002, 06:37 AM
No, that's called roll over and make kissy faces at the company that rapes your mind!

Obehave, I'm definately still an unhappy puppy. JarJarBinks can shout as loud as he wants and post as many pics over and over and post endless lists of stuff we know already but it still won't make this look any better, it won't make the crud seem good.

Being sold short isn't something I'm ever going to be happy about. Too bad JarJarBinks can't see the wood for the trees.

LTBasker
02-14-2002, 07:10 AM
I still don't like the fact they're under-articulated (although some have a 1-2 articulation points we couldn't see), pre-posed and some very badly sculpted (Padme, Anakin, Obi-Wan) but some are ok, and plus JJB got me used to'em, I still don't like alot of the ideas like the force stuff, the gimmicks, the enegry blasts and they annoy me, but instead of concentrating on complaining about those I'm concentrating on the stuff I do like from the line like the Gunship and stuff.

JEDIpartner
02-14-2002, 09:33 AM
I will NEVER get used to the idea of upper body only articulation! That is just terrible! These look like Anime versions of Star Wars characters. I will definitely be waiting for the static posed sculpts of the JEDI. If they ever arrive... that is.

"I Will not defer. I demand Hasbro stop this attack on our beloved STAR WARS line now!"

Wolfwood319
02-14-2002, 09:50 AM
I saw cool stuff from Toy Fair that I didn't know was coming. I still don't like all of the AOTC figures, but I really like all the OT we're getting.

I don't like the non-movable leg figures, or the gimmick figures, but I do like other AOTC figures.

yaddle yodas love pu
02-14-2002, 11:36 AM
I was intially disgusted with the first round of E2 pics we saw. I still do not like the pre-posing. Some of the figures like preview Jango, deluxe Dooku, Obi-Wan, and Anakin look like crap because of their ridiculos poses that at best can be described as zany or goofy and at worst total $%*!. The majority of the figures at TOyfair however, look great insofar as their sculpting and detailed accesories go. The Jedi and some other characters are unfortunately pre-posed, but at least their pre-posing makes sense and looks cool (unlike ANakin, preview Jango, Doku etc). I'd rather the figures not be pre-posed at all, but I'm happy that at least most of the figures are in good poses, if they are going to come posed.

Amanamike
02-14-2002, 11:51 AM
1 Figure thats all I liked...........Djas Puhr...... the rest well... as HAn Solo would say."Ill see you in hell" before I buy these

JEDIpartner
02-14-2002, 12:02 PM
I like a couple more than you do, but I am not giving in to the ludicrous poses. Sure the poses are great... FOR ONE SCENE!!!! What about all the others? I really don't want Luminara Unduli doing her best Stevie Nick impersonation with "come hither" fingers. Pah!!!!:mad:

LTBasker
02-14-2002, 04:56 PM
Originally posted by EMPEROR JARGO
No, that's called roll over and make kissy faces at the company that rapes your mind!

Obehave, I'm definately still an unhappy puppy. JarJarBinks can shout as loud as he wants and post as many pics over and over and post endless lists of stuff we know already but it still won't make this look any better, it won't make the crud seem good.

Being sold short isn't something I'm ever going to be happy about. Too bad JarJarBinks can't see the wood for the trees.

Actually it's called an opinion. Kinda like your opinion is to have colors on your signature while my opinion is to leave it to the ordiniary black on my signature.

I still think the majority of the figures suck, and I'm gonna get them all, and if you looked closely you might see a few good figures in the mix. I don't like the pre-poses, I don't like the fact that my Clone troopers can't do 101 poses, I don't like the gimmicks, and I most certainely do not like that lame Padme but in no way would I EVER bash someone just because they have a seperate opinion on these toys than me.

Beast
02-14-2002, 05:27 PM
Originally posted by EMPEROR JARGO
I'm not the one shouting about anything, but more people are starting to like and accept the figures than are ****ing and moaning about them. If you don't like them, quit collecting. Or buy just what you like. But unlike yourself, I am not going to lower myself to being rude and insulting to people that don't like the stuff. Too bad that one of SSG's moderators enjoys insulting forum members for their opinion. :frus: :mad:

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Starfig873
02-14-2002, 05:40 PM
I never really had much of a problem with the figures in the first place. The first prototype pics I saw were just ugly, but yes, with the ToyFair pics now, the figs are as good as gold IMO.

Am I still happy about the prepositioning? Of course not, and I don't think many of us are. But you know, I'm really starting to look past that. I don't know why, maybe I'm easily appeased. Who knows?

I'll pick up all these figures as alloted. I'm going to have a fun and eventful year. And that's all me. Not saying it's good/bad/indifferent as to what I do at all, for the record that is.

Besides, the figures are different for a different type of movie.

Paul-Kenobi
02-14-2002, 07:36 PM
Hek i love the figures sence day 1 i like that hasbro is giveing us Little Metal lightsabers, with removeabull blades. I never had a chanse to get any of thoughs the only one i got was with Darth Maul Sith Lord, but the little peg that gose in to it broke off now its stuck inside it i fixed what i could but oh well.

Obehave Kenobi
02-14-2002, 09:34 PM
Well, it's nice to see that I'm not the only one that still has issues. If my opening post seemed harsh, that was not my intention. I have seen SOME stuff for AOTC that I like. For example, the arena playset is really nice, and a set with that much thought and attention put into it is LONG overdue. It's just that for the most part I don't like what I see. I think it's mainly because I'm a huge fan of the Jedi characters. Sculpt and detail wise, these are some of the nicest looking Jedi ever. It's the static posing I'm hung up on. Granted, my figures usually just sit on a shelf for display, but I like having more control over how they are posed. I don't like the idea of someone telling me "This is the way it must sit on your shelf." Main characters don't bother me, because I know they'll resculpt them endlessly until I get a version I like. With the other Jedi, though, I know most of them are going to be done only once, and this poorly posable one is going to be it. Of course I know this is MY opinion, and I would not attack anyone elses. I started this thread to spark discussion, not attack people whose views are different from mine.

Obehave Kenobi
02-14-2002, 09:41 PM
You ever notice how something you write at 3 in the morning looks a lot different when you read it at 9:30 that evening?:D :D :D :D

GNT
02-15-2002, 12:29 AM
Originally posted by LTBasker
I still think the majority of the figures suck, and I'm gonna get them all, and if you looked closely you might see a few good figures in the mix. I don't like the pre-poses, I don't like the fact that my Clone troopers can't do 101 poses, I don't like the gimmicks, and I most certainely do not like that lame Padme but in no way would I EVER bash someone just because they have a seperate opinion on these toys than me.

According to you:

The majority of the figures suck
You don't like the pre-poses
You don't like the fact that your Clone troopers can't do 101 poses,
You don't like the gimmicks
You most certainely do not like that lame Padme

So why are you even going to buy them all?

JarJarBinks can shout as loud as he wants and post as many pics over and over and post endless lists of stuff we know already

Totally agreed Emperor Jargo :)

Beast
02-15-2002, 01:28 AM
JarJarBinks can shout as loud as he wants and post as many pics over and over and post endless lists of stuff we know already

Originally posted by GNT
Totally agreed Emperor Jargo :)
Oww, is that supposed to be hurtful? That two of the biggest post padding snobs here don't like me or my posts. Remember, not everyone is you, and I have been complimented and thanked many times for my posting of images as well as information. Just because you think you know everything, doesn't mean everyone does. You don't have to be arses and make snide comments about someone else here. :frus:

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

GNT
02-15-2002, 02:07 AM
Originally posted by JarJarBinks
Oww, is that supposed to be hurtful? That two of the biggest post padding snobs here don't like me or my posts. Remember, not everyone is you, and I have been complimented and thanked many times for my posting of images as well as information. Just because you think you know everything, doesn't mean everyone does. You don't have to be arses and make snide comments about someone else here. :frus:

I wouldn't talk.The thing is I don't know everything,no one does but you seem to know everything.What was said was true

You've posted pictures over and over again(the same image just in different sizes over and over again),ever heard of linking?You should try it :)

Beast
02-15-2002, 02:22 AM
Originally posted by GNT
I wouldn't talk.What was said was true
You've posted pictures over and over again(the same image just in different sizes over and over again),ever heard of linking?You should try it :)
For one, thanks for proving my point about what I said about you being rude. For another, they were not the same images over and over again. Those were confined to one thread, unless people asked something elsewhere and were different clearer carded front and back images. The first time I posted, I didn't have images of the back of the card, and the front images were small and fuzzy. Again, pardon me for helping...You will notice that your complaints in that thread were removed, maybe you should think next time about flaming someone for helping people. :frus:

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

GNT
02-15-2002, 02:29 AM
Originally posted by JarJarBinks
For one, thanks for proving my point about what I said about you being rude. For another, they were not the same images over and over again. Those were confined to one thread, unless people asked something elsewhere and were different clearer carded front and back images. The first time I posted, I didn't have images of the back of the card, and the front images were small and fuzzy. Again, pardon me for helping...You will notice that your complaints in that thread were removed, maybe you should think next time about flaming someone for helping people. :frus:

I'm not flaming anybody its just that you should link to pictures or the site thats hosting them rather than keep uploading them.

I'd think twice before calling a post pader,example:
E2 Carded Images (Front and Back) (http://www.sirstevesguide.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=3347) and Larger E2 Collection 2 Images (Front and Back) (http://www.sirstevesguide.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=3389)

You could have posted a link but no,what the h*ll lets upload them all :)

JediTricks
02-15-2002, 04:50 AM
Let's drop this personal bickering please, this thread isn't about forumites fighting with forumites. No more of this stuff, I don't care about who started what or what, but this personal fighting is counterproductive to honest conversation. We can all disagree about something without having to get uncivil. One more thing, vendetta posting is totally unacceptable and we're starting to see too dang much of it in general -- if you can't let it go, then talk to a moderator in private.

As to the original question
I think with a lot more Collection 2 figures being shown off, it's not all looking like the Col 1 stuff that so many of us found so repulsive. Also, I haven't had a lot of free time during toy fair to badmouth the toys. :D

Starfig873
02-15-2002, 06:49 AM
There ya go. :)

Besides, maybe we can wait till we have the figures to complain. At least it will have more merit, right? *shrugs* :rolleyes:

Paul-Kenobi
02-15-2002, 05:53 PM
Looks down at his quote, :D i do soport them ( hands out little buttons to all of the people who think there great that say " AOTC toys are cool")

" Wars are what not make a Jedi Great" Yoda ESB

GNT
02-15-2002, 07:27 PM
Originally posted by JediTricks
Let's drop this personal bickering please, this thread isn't about forumites fighting with forumites. No more of this stuff, I don't care about who started what or what, but this personal fighting is counterproductive to honest conversation. We can all disagree about something without having to get uncivil. One more thing, vendetta posting is totally unacceptable and we're starting to see too dang much of it in general -- if you can't let it go, then talk to a moderator in private.

I totally agree :)

DARTH DUBIOUS
02-15-2002, 07:35 PM
I'm sorry, this is like the most juvenile thread I've ever read since I came online about that long ago. These kids just want a slap upside their heads! jumped up punks and hoodlums. Take 'em down the nark shop and give 'em a good dose o' the cells. Slap a heavy sentence of community service on 'em and see how perky they are after pickin' up vagrant poo for six months.
What greedy spoilt brat behaviour!!! Get a life you dolts. They're just damn toys not a lifestyle. PERSPECTIVE - can you understand that word? Then get some, ya low down dirty nobodies! Don't think you got authority to dictate to people what they should think. This thread reads like a Christian fellowship indoctrination pamphlet. All screaming crud and senseless bigotry. Geez you make me sick to the stomach...... poor little rich kids....... my heart bleeds for ya.... :crazed: