PDA

View Full Version : 52 Basic Figures Avaliable This Year!

Beast
02-14-2002, 02:19 AM
Hasbo has stated that there will be a total of 52 figures released this year starting in April. Going by the figures we have seen and the official lists there is exactly 40 that we have seen of have been confirmed from Hasbro. That leaves 12 that we have yet to have confirmed. Lets discuss who we think the other 12 will be. First the list of the confirmed figures.:

Collection 1 (Wave 1):
[ ] Anakin Skywalker (Outland Peasent Disguise)
[ ] C-3PO (Protocal Droid)
[ ] Jango Fett (Kamino Escape)
[ ] Kit Fisto (Jedi Master)
[ ] Obi-Wan Kenobi (Coruscant Chase)
[ ] Padmé Amidala (Arena Escape)
[ ] R2-D2 (Coruscant Sentry)
[ ] Super Battle Droid

Collection 2 (Wave 1):
[ ] Battle Droid (Arena Battle)
[ ] Boba Fett (Kamino Escape)
[ ] Captain Typho (Padmé's Head of Security)
[ ] Plo Koon (Arena Battle)
[ ] Shaak Ti (Jedi Master)
[ ] Tusken Raider (Female w/ Child)

Those are the ones we know are coming out on April 23rd. In addition here is the list of E2 and classic figures that have been confirmed by Hasbro at Toy Fair or in their press releases.

[ ] Anakin Skywalker (Hanger Duel)
[ ] Chancellor Palpatine
[ ] CloneTrooper Commander (Ambu Fett?)
[ ] CloneTrooper (re-sculpt)
[ ] Count Dooku
[ ] Geonosian Warrior w/ Masiff
[ ] Genosian w/ wings
[ ] Jango Fett (Genosis Arena)
[ ] Jar Jar Binks (Senator)
[ ] Luminari Unduli (Jedi Master)
[ ] Mace Windu (Arena)
[ ] Nikto (Jedi Knight)
[ ] Obi-Wan Kenobi (Pilot)
[ ] Orn Fre Taa (Senator)
[ ] Qui-Gon Jinn
[ ] Red Senate Guard
[ ] Saesee Tiin (Arena Battle)
[ ] Yoda
[ ] Zam Wesell (No Viel)

Classic:
[ ] Chewbacca: Bespin Escape
[ ] Darth Vader: Bespin Duel
[ ] Djas Puhr
[ ] Endor Rebel Soldier
[ ] Han Solo: Endor
[ ] Luke Skywalker: Bespin

That brings us to 40 figures, which leaves 12 that we haven't officially seen or been confirmed by Hasbro. Lets discuss who the addition 12 might possibly be. I'll post my list in the next posting.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Beast
02-14-2002, 02:25 AM
These are the rumored figures that were posted on line a while back. I am putting them in the order of most likely to least likely.

1. Lama Su
2. Taun We
3. Dexter Jettster
4. Padme Amidala: Pilot
5. R4-P17 (Obi-Wan's Starfighter Droid)
6. PK-4 Droid
7. Ephant Mon (If not Deluxe)
8. Watt Tamber
9. Senator Segat ("Supposedly" was shown at UK Toy Fair)
10. ??? (No clue)
11. ??? (No clue)
12. ??? (No clue)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

LTBasker
02-14-2002, 07:05 AM
Senator Segat?

"Live from Coruscant Studios; it's Along time ago from a galaxy far, far, away's funniest home videos wiiiiiiittttttthhhhh Senator Segat!"

dr_evazan22
02-14-2002, 08:46 AM
I'd like to see A Bail Organa figure.

W/ 52 figures this year alone I think I'll need to get 2 more jobs to pay for them all!

Darkross
02-14-2002, 08:58 AM
I would like to see Captain Needa, Admiral Ozzel, Admiral Piett, and General Riekken.

JEDIpartner
02-14-2002, 09:42 AM
How about 12 more figures that will actually be worth buying this time and WORTHY OF THE "STAR WARS" LEGACY!

Darkross
02-14-2002, 09:43 AM
Originally posted by JEDIpartnr
How about 12 more figures that will actually be worth buying this time and WORTHY OF THE "STAR WARS" LEGACY!

You said it! I would really like to look forward to buying new figures from the Classic Line. Maybe Hasbro will give us 12 new figs from the Classic line!

Sidiously Darth
02-14-2002, 09:49 AM
5. R4-P17 (Obi-Wan's Starfighter Droid)

"Droid? I don't remember ever owning a droid."

Beast
02-14-2002, 10:09 AM
Originally posted by Sidiously Darth
"Droid? I don't remember ever owning a droid."
Of course, we all know that Obi-Wan Kenobi in his later years enjoys to spin the truth so while he may not have owned a droid, he did have a ship that employed one, from a certain point of view. :D

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Darth Ovori
02-14-2002, 10:27 AM
I want my Royal Guard!!! (at least they've finally made it after 5 years of waiting from that original ugly one)

But where are the Arena gladiators... ???

Beast
02-14-2002, 11:17 AM
Originally posted by Darth Ovori
I want my Royal Guard!!! (at least they've finally made it after 5 years of waiting from that original ugly one)
But where are the Arena gladiators... ???

There are no arena gladiators, the Arena Battle will consist of Padme, Anakin, Obi-Wan, about 200 Jedis, Battle Droids, Destroyer Droids, Super Battle Droids, Geonosins, The Reek, The Acklay, The Neku, The Masiffs, and then clonetroopers will show up. It's going to be the biggest action scene of any star wars movie. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

evenflow
02-14-2002, 11:39 AM
Sounds cool, but I can't wait for th new Royal Guard. :)

Fulit
02-14-2002, 11:40 AM
Are all the Classic figures going to be on a POTJ card, or will there be a new card?

Beast
02-14-2002, 11:43 AM
Originally posted by Fulit
Are all the Classic figures going to be on a POTJ card, or will there be a new card?
They will be on the same cards as the AOTC's figures, the new blue packaging that we have seen the carded E2 figures on. The backs will make mention to the correct movie the figure comes from, instead of having a blurb describing AOTC's, there will be one describing ANH, ESB, or ROTJ.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Darth Ovori
02-14-2002, 11:53 AM
I know that, but I also read on those floating scripts that when Anakin and Padme enter the Arena thier first confronted by the Gladiators, then the Jedi's come to thier rescue followed by the Battledroids etc and so on...

Then agian I be wrong and the Force is weak with me today...:crazed: :crazed: :crazed:

INDIANA
02-14-2002, 11:55 AM

Does "this year" include ALL year or from April on?

If all year, we will be getting the last 3 POTJ and the 4 Preview. That leaves the guessing down to 5 unknowns.

Scarry thought...the Rebel Commander mentioned was actually a misprinted Rebel Commando, of which there is a varient...down to 4 unknows....

What the heck is a Watt Tembor?

Fixer
02-14-2002, 12:36 PM
I'm guessing that at least three of those are Bo Shek, Teebo & R4-M9.

mark2d2
02-14-2002, 01:00 PM
I'm hoping one will be R5D4 . . .

Beast
02-14-2002, 01:01 PM
Nope, the 52 basic figures is only counting the new line that is starting with the card switch. BoShek, Teebo, R4-M9 and the Preview figures are not included in the 52 figure count.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Beast
02-14-2002, 01:17 PM
Originally posted by INDIANA
What the heck is a Watt Tembor?

Wat Tambor - Senator Separatist member
One of the separatist senators and part of the Confederacy.

Other then that, no clue. But it's another Senator Figure. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

hairless chewie
02-14-2002, 01:25 PM
Are the deluxe included in all this?? I have to say also, that we will get a Bail Organa too. Plus another Jar Jar.

I finally made Padawan!!! The force is slow in this one!

General Veers
02-14-2002, 01:30 PM
Congrats on being a Padawan Hairless Chewie!

Without a doubt one of them will be Bail Organa, PK Droid, and Rickshaw Droid. The rest...:confused:

rdrunr89
02-14-2002, 01:32 PM
Knowing Hasbro, we'll probably get the Arena Dug thats tying up Anaking. How about Clegg Lars?

Also, there are two versions of the Endor Soldier, so are JJB, are you counting that as one or two?

I'd like to see another Imperial commander or even the Imperial Dignitaries (ok wishful thinking).

How about Lando in the black vest at the end of ESB? Ok, so you could just customize a Han figure. What are the chances of more EU figures from the books?

Beast
02-14-2002, 01:37 PM
Originally posted by hairless chewie
Are the deluxe included in all this?? I have to say also, that we will get a Bail Organa too. Plus another Jar Jar. I finally made Padawan!!! The force is slow in this one!
Nope, Hasbro said 52 "Basic" figures split evenly between collection 1 and 2 (26 each), that does not include deluxe figures or the rumored cantina two-packs if they are produced. Oh, and congrats on making Padawan. :D

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

hairless chewie
02-14-2002, 01:39 PM
Yeah, Clegg Lars will be a go. Once the film finally hits then a thread like this one will wild fire!!!

Beast
02-14-2002, 01:45 PM
Originally posted by rdrunr89
Knowing Hasbro, we'll probably get the Arena Dug thats tying up Anaking. How about Clegg Lars?
Also, there are two versions of the Endor Soldier, so are JJB, are you counting that as one or two?
I'd like to see another Imperial commander or even the Imperial Dignitaries (ok wishful thinking).
How about Lando in the black vest at the end of ESB? Ok, so you could just customize a Han figure. What are the chances of more EU figures from the books?

That's not a dug tying Anakin up in the trailer, thats one of the Geonsians. I don't think we will get any of the Lars family this year, probably next. Hasbro counts varient figures usually as one figure, thats why they didnt change the name or upc number on the varient E1 Battle Droids, or the POTJ Biker Scouts. Imperial Dignitaries would be nice, I don't see them or the ESB Lando in vest this year, sadly.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Wolfwood319
02-14-2002, 01:53 PM
I thought the Endor soldiers were 2 seperate figures; Endor commando, Endor Commander. So that should be 2 seperate figures, not a variant.

Does the 52 include deluxe figures? Also, usually at Toy Fair they don't show 4th quarter releases. So those remaining 12 might not even be beyond a prototype stage or whatnot.

hairless chewie
02-14-2002, 01:58 PM
Jar Jar said the Deluxe were not a part of the 52

Beast
02-14-2002, 02:11 PM
Nope, the Endor Soldiers are the same figure, just with a different head. Just like the Imperial Officer and Rebel Fleet Trooper varients we're still supposed to get, I hope. :frus: :(

From Starwars.com: 3 3/4" Basic Figures
For 25 years, the 3 3/4" scale action figure has been an integral part of the Star Wars experience for kids and collectors alike. In 2002, Hasbro is releasing 52 basic figures split evenly over two categories known as "Collection 1" and "Collection 2". 26 of these figures will be available by the release of Episode II in theaters, refreshed with waves of new figures - including a few classic Star Wars characters - throughout the year.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

JetsAndHeels
02-14-2002, 02:28 PM
I like these figures, dont get me wrong, but they look alot like GIJoe's. Especially the one without the helmet.
Death to Cobra!!

LTBasker
02-14-2002, 02:51 PM
Originally posted by JangoFett96
I like these figures, dont get me wrong, but they look alot like GIJoe's. Especially the one without the helmet.
Death to Cobra!!

Yeah, how 'bout that? So does the Army! They should be paying royalties!!!! :p

Darth Ovori
02-14-2002, 02:58 PM
Why are thier hands so big... ???

LTBasker
02-14-2002, 03:00 PM
I'm guessing because they're supposed to have gloves on and for Endor (since this is the first time we've actually seen this kinda stuff proportioned correctly) they needed some thicker gloves...

Darth Ovori
02-14-2002, 03:07 PM
I'm actually examaning the proportion from the arm thickness to the hand size, followed to the linement of the figures...

Thier out of porportion!!! impossible to have the figures in a closed grip with gloves of that size...

Check the knuckles... Dammit... Those are the new GI-Joes hands... Hasbro is probable cheating with tooling and molds...

Wild guess to explain the sudden hand growth's....

Wolfwood319
02-14-2002, 03:11 PM
Yo-Joe!

Either way, it is kind of cool that army builders are not all the exact same, and that they're releasing them at the same time.

Too bad the "New Sculpt" GI Joes aren't the same style as Star Wars, I wanted to get a Snake Eyes, but it still has that over-articulation and a shotty sculpt.

LTBasker
02-14-2002, 03:12 PM
They're just basically samples, the only info we had on the Endor Trooper was the "Rebel Officer" listing which is probably what they were refering to the Endor trooper as and not Captain Antilles and plus these are the first pictures so they're probably just semi-kitbashed samples or they just didn't have the hands molded yet (it looks like the hands are swivel jointed at the wrist so they're not part of the arm mold) so they borrowed GI Joe parts since they were closest to this sorta thing. *shrugs*

INDIANA
02-14-2002, 04:04 PM
26 figures release by the time E2 hits theaters....

OK....so, 6 collection 2 and 8 collection 1 on 4.23 = 14

That leaves 12 more figures to be released during the interim month (early May) until the movie hits. Those figures being (my guess)

1. Anakin, Hanger Duel
2. Count Dooku, Dark Lord
3. Geonosian Warrior
4. Taun We
5. Padme, Naboo Pilot
6. Yoda
7. Jango Fett, Arena
8. Zam Wessel mII
9. Palpatine
10. Nikto Jedi
11. Sae See Tiin
12. That other female Jedi

Anyone with corrections?

INDIANA
02-14-2002, 04:25 PM
How the hell is Hasbro going to work this?

(Badly if history has any say)

Apparently the Preview assortment will be out/available for about a month.

Replaced by the C1&2 assortments comming out 1 month later (what happens to the preview assortment)

Replaced by the NEW C1&2 assortments comming out before the movie 1 month later (what happens to the 4.23 figures? Replaced in the assortments by the new guys?)

Are we STILL talking standard 12pk cases too? That would make the C1 figures 1 to a case (short packed) with 2 each of half of them (Jango, Super Battle Droid, Obi-Wan, and Anakin for my guesses).

Has Hasbro stated anything official about the case assortments and breakdowns?

PloKoon2385
02-14-2002, 04:29 PM
Hmm.......I don't know about the twelve. I would like to see Barriss Offee though, and it would be cool to get an Aayla Secura, even though she will have a miniscule role.

Unit-01
02-14-2002, 06:37 PM
Why the heck doesn't Hasbro make the Han with his trenchcoat!?!?! Sure, he wasn't wearing it in the bunker (right?). But who cares!! Atleast it will look cooler standing beside all the other Hans with the same clothes different colors!

neimoidian85
02-14-2002, 08:17 PM
There was a Han with trenchcoat made already. However, a new one is needed for sure.

Beast
02-14-2002, 10:11 PM
Originally posted by Unit-01
Why the heck doesn't Hasbro make the Han with his trenchcoat!?!?! Sure, he wasn't wearing it in the bunker (right?). But who cares!! Atleast it will look cooler standing beside all the other Hans with the same clothes different colors!
I believe the Endor Han will come with a cloth duster, so that he could employ the shoulder joints they did, and still give him articulation while wearing it. They just didn't have it ready, or avaliable at the time they went to Toy Fair. Remember, most of what we saw is prototypes.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Wolfwood319
02-14-2002, 10:37 PM
I can't imagine Hasbro not giving him a coat. With all the complaints for resculpts, I think they know to throw in a coat.

If he comes with a coat, I'll definately get him, if not, only maybe. BTW, from the prototype, this thing has the best face sculpt yet, IMO.

Also, Djas Puhr kind of looks like a cowboy with the dual blasters and holsters.

GNT
02-15-2002, 12:16 AM
Originally posted by Unit-01

Just because he wasn't pictured with a cloak,doesn't mean he wont have one :)

hairless chewie
02-15-2002, 03:00 AM
They probably used Yul Brenner from the movie "west world" as a reference for ol' DJ P. It's about time for this guys and he looks pretty good. I agree with you Wolfie that this Han has the BEST scuplt yet and I would get it just for that. Same with the Chewie. He is my favorite character(of course) and I'll get him too.

Fixer
02-15-2002, 08:04 AM
I can't imagine Hasbro not giving him a coat.

I dunno. Hasbro likes to leave stuff out that any rational person would include - e.g. PTOJ ANH Obi-Wan without a training remote. But, since they are including more pack-in stuff with the new figures, I suppose they may actually do this. A soft goods trench coat would be great, but probably more expensive to produce than a few plastic accessories.

If not, maybe the vintage coat will fit...