PDA

View Full Version : QUESTIONS FOR HASBRO - round 48

JediTricks
03-28-2008, 04:06 PM
Please post your VOTE for up to 6 {six} of the questions provided in this thread, letting us know which ones you most want to see asked on April 11th. Keep in mind that your votes in round 47 do not count in this round, so if your question is still on the list you may want to vote for it again.

Also, feel free to post new questions. For reference, here are Hasbro's answers to previous SSG questions (http://www.sirstevesguide.com/index.php?categoryid=13&p2_articleid=1320); to ActionFigs.com's questions (http://www.actionfigs.com/index.php?categoryid=12&p2_articleid=1916); and from other sites (http://www.sirstevesguide.com/index.php?categoryid=13&p2_articleid=1298). The questions we asked last round can be found here (http://forums.sirstevesguide.com/showthread.php?p=610561#post610561).

Current questions (vote for up to 6):

- Are there folks today at Hasbro who were working on the Star Wars line back when it was reborn in 1995? Was there any clue behind-the-scenes back then that the Star Wars toy line would garner such a huge adult collector following? Were adult collectors considered at all on any level back then when forging the line's beginnings? What do you folks think of the extensive adult collector enthusiasm for the line today, 13 years later?
- Twice during the prequels, a vehicle toy's MSRP was dropped significantly without any changes to its mold - the first being the Episode I Naboo Royal Starship which went from $100 to $50, and the second being the Republic Gunship which in the Saga line was $40 but subsequent releases were $30. What were the causes of these price drops? Why hasn't this happened with other vehicles in similar high pricepoints?
- The new Clone Trooper and Rebel Trooper role-play blasters are pretty cool. With that in mind, will Hasbro be offering more role-play weapons such as all-new sculpts of Han's blaster, the Stormtrooper blaster (with more accurate size and folded stock under the barrel), Biker Scout pistol, and perhaps even larger ones like the Hoth Rebel rifle and Clone Trooper long rifle? (Please discuss the specific possibilities of each of the examples in this question.)
- What are the requirements that a retailer must go meet to get a Star Wars exclusive, do they have to be a certain size company, make a certain number of Hasbro orders a month, etc.? Is there some sort of process that a retailer has to go through to get an exclusive, do they work with Hasbro on what item to produce or is it out of their hands?
- In the Galactic Heroes line we have gotten an AT-AT Commander and Driver figures, and now several new vehicles and beasts. Might that increase chances of getting a Galactic Heroes AT-AT?
- Will you ever release any Neimoidians & Separatist Leaders in the Galactic Heroes line?
- A few times in Q&A's history, you've suggested collectors submit their local stores' pegwarming data to you so Hasbro store reps can get these problems fixed. Some of the stores did show signs of improvement in this department, however others still suffer old TSC pegwarmers (Moff Jerjerrod is pretty consistent) and show absolutely no signs of moving, and the reports on these were coming in from all over the country. What if anything was done to fix the problem, and what will be done in the future? If nothing else, having several Hasbro Star Wars pegs filled up with very old product is going to hamper sales of newer product hurting your business and hindering collectors' ability to get new figures.
- With The Force Unleashed videogame being pushed back to late August, will early TFU product be re-released to coincide with the game's release?
- 2007 was likely the best year ever for army builders. Every trooper - with the exception of the McQuarrie Concept figures - was widely available in large numbers, even in the heavily competitive Los Angeles area. Several battle packs reflected the love of army builders. Even the troops from the 2006 Saga line were available far into the year due to the delay in the TAC. Is this the distribution model Hasbro will be using from now on, where troops will be plentiful and the previous year's assortment will available into the next year's line?
- The Order 66 packs from last year were great and the new ones out now look just as good. How long will it be before we start to see these clones sold on their own though? It would be great to army build them but not on a 1 to 1 ratio with their Jedi commanders.
- After six years, you've finally made a highly articulated Jango Fett figure that has a great sculpt and lots of articulation. Trouble is, his jumpsuit is a garish shade of lavender that never appears in the film or any EU source, the one in the film was a far more muted, bluish tone. Was this an error or intentional, and if in error, will it be corrected in future shipments?
- Will the Republic Gunship be re-released to coincide with the release of the Clone Wars cartoon? Several are featured in the preview, and some even have new deco.
- Since the second half '08 figures don't seem to come with stands, will the action figure stand packs from HasbroToyShop get new name labels so they can be used with late '07 and late '08 figures who don't have existing stands or labels? Also, will we see a specific "Clone Wars" stand added to the line-up?
- In the Indiana Jones line, what are the odds of seeing the tank from Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade made in the action figure scale?
- Might the build-a-droid concept be applied to other build-a-whatever ideas such as build-a-beast or a piece of scenery?
- Although the Cruisemissile Trooper vehicle has its share of detractors, including those at Hasbro, the concept and design have some fun and interesting toy merits, though not fully realized. Perhaps the original design could be embellished and resized to fit into either the current Starfighter Vehicle pricepoint or a Battle Pack or other smaller medium. And of course, this time around it could have a removable pilot and cooler features to make it a fun new vehicle with unique Star Wars credibility. Would Hasbro ever consider making an update to this vehicle with design and features befitting the modern line?
- With a wave pushed out of this year making way for another repaint wave, does this give Episode I fans a chance to buy some figures in 2008? There's the oft-requested Holographic Nute Gunray, or perhaps a different color variation to the Post-OTC Queen's Handmaiden (Rabe) figure. This could compliment nicely next year's Ep 1 wave that you've already confirmed, so, what do you say?
- At Toy Fair in both New York and now Australia, from the Padme Amidala Legacy Evolutions set, the Revenge of the Sith Padme figure is shown without her japor-snippet necklace that she wore in the film with this costume, Anakin even makes a point of it in the movie, making it a fairly integeral aspect to this character and an odd item not to include. Will this be a separate accessory included with the final product?
- C-3PO's presence in the saga is constant, he speaks the first and last lines, he facilitates the most important deeds, and while fussy his actions helped lead the Rebellion to victory, all while remaining one of the most recognizable cultural Star Wars touchstones, so surely he's an important enough character. That said, C-3PO figures have seemed a bit held back by the insistence on using a vacuum-metalized finish which limits articulation and fine detail. This despite the fact that 3PO's shiny, clean finish is rarely seen in the films. Is there some way we could get a super-articulated C-3PO figure sporting a shiny but not vac-metalized gold paint finish, while avoiding the dull look of the Saga Ultra C-3PO?
- The 3¾" action figure system has always straddled the toy market - on the one hand it's small enough that kids can have plenty of toys in the system without taking up a lot of space, while on the other it's not as big as many popular action figure scales out there so it's seen as "less product". With yet another round of price increases, this scale seems to be heading for a bit of a quandary: how does a $7.99 Star Wars or Indiana Jones figure in this scale compete with a similarly-priced 5" or 6" figure that sports as much detail and articulation and is perceived as being "more toy for the money". Pack-ins can only take it so far - although obviously you are gambling on the Build-A-Figure concept to take it an extra buck farther - so the question becomes, is there any concern that the eight-dollar Star Wars basic figure will be the pricepoint the brand or the scale itself cannot breach, especially in a sagging toy industry fraught with market-erosion from both video games and the internet, all while during an economic recession? Is there any concern with this price increase over the potential loss of collectors, both hardcore and casual (including kids) alike? You say the majority of your cost concerns are found in new tooling, and the greatest hits-style lines have been selling extremely well for you the past few years, yet the greatest hits-style lines like Saga Legends have no significant tooling costs to worry about beyond routine maintenance since it is all re-releases (aside from the pit droid anomalies). In the past we've asked about why the Saga Legends line shouldn't be a cheaper MSRP in relation to the main line and the answer was to support the system, but shouldn't the recent increased income from the high-selling line of purely existing tools help defray the costs and thus help lower pricing on the main line?
- What are the chances we could get a Comic Pack set of Siri Tachi in "Zora" disguise and Obi-Wan in "Bakleeda" disguise from Jedi Quest? It gets you a new character and a core character which helps sell it, but in a new look which adds action figure credibility and is spawned right from the series.

Vote now, and suggest new questions too. Thanks for participating!

JediTricks
03-28-2008, 04:07 PM
So you folks know, I did cut some older questions that hadn't been getting much attention lately. They can be resubmitted if you so wish, but whether or not they make it will be taken on a case-by-case basis, and it'd help to have ideas on how to make it more likely to get asked.

Cane_Adiss
03-29-2008, 10:17 AM
Here, I'll repost my question in case you decide to add it.

Although Hasbro has made it's lack of enthusiasm for the Cruisemissile Trooper clear in past Q&A's, back in it's day it was a good toy that basically served it's purpose in the line well. In that light, would Hasbro ever consider updating this vehicle so it would fit the aesthetics of the modern line? Perhaps the original design could be expanded on and resized to fit into the current vehicle line. Or maybe it could even be downsized slightly to better fit in a battle pack or deluxe line of some sort. With an exclusive removeable pilot and more kid-friendly action features this could be another great vehicle to revisit down the road!

I was wondering the same thing about their probable answer: "if it doesn't have significant animation support it won't be likely". That sort of thing, but then I thought about all the "Hasbro expanded universe" stuff that they've done like the Vader's Jedi Starfighter and multiple non-movie clone trooper designs, and thought that even if it wouln't be plausible in the immediate future it would be something they could look into down the road. Perhaps they could even downsize it so it would better fit in a battle pack or deluxe pack of some sort. (I've added that part to the question). Like I said, it's basically just a fancy-pants imperial hang glider with guns and jets. And I think it's cool!

evenflow
03-29-2008, 10:20 AM
15, 13, 4,

StbrianofMinneapolis
03-29-2008, 11:55 AM
13 and 15 please!

Battle Droid
03-29-2008, 12:36 PM
6 and 15 for now.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
03-29-2008, 12:50 PM
7, 8, 12, 11, 13, 15

Jedi_Kal-El
03-29-2008, 01:41 PM
10, 11, 12, and 13

Banthaholic
03-30-2008, 12:52 PM
# 4 and

Write in,
With the revelation that there will be repaint wave in store for 2008, does that give us E1 fans a chance? Perhaps this is a chance for the canceled but often requested Holo-Nute Gunray, or even a different color variation of the POTC Handmaiden?

JediTricks
03-30-2008, 03:27 PM
Questions 16-17 added.

Here, I'll repost my question in case you decide to add it.

Although Hasbro has made it's lack of enthusiasm for the Cruisemissile Trooper clear in past Q&A's, back in it's day it was a good toy that basically served it's purpose in the line well. In that light, would Hasbro ever consider updating this vehicle so it would fit the aesthetics of the modern line? Perhaps the original design could be expanded on and resized to fit into the current vehicle line. Or maybe it could even be downsized slightly to better fit in a battle pack or deluxe line of some sort. With an exclusive removeable pilot and more kid-friendly action features this could be another great vehicle to revisit down the road!I'll put it up in a trial basis, but I won't use the part about it being a good toy or Hasbro's opinion of it - they love to eat that stuff alive: nothing like 2 paragraphs explaining how Hasbro's opinion isn't that simple followed by a "no" or just ignoring the crux of the question altogether.

Vote counted.

I was wondering the same thing about their probable answer: "if it doesn't have significant animation support it won't be likely". That sort of thing, but then I thought about all the "Hasbro expanded universe" stuff that they've done like the Vader's Jedi Starfighter and multiple non-movie clone trooper designs, and thought that even if it wouln't be plausible in the immediate future it would be something they could look into down the road. Perhaps they could even downsize it so it would better fit in a battle pack or deluxe pack of some sort. (I've added that part to the question). Like I said, it's basically just a fancy-pants imperial hang glider with guns and jets. And I think it's cool!The Vader JSF vehicle is a repaint though, not a new tool, so it's cheap for them to produce, and has main character cred. The non-movie clones are repaints as well, tooling is where their main concerns are. I thought about deluxe but the reality is that Hasbro doesn't want to do deluxe anymore unfortunately, it has a very poor track record.

Write in,
With the revelation that there will be repaint wave in store for 2008, does that give us E1 fans a chance? Perhaps this is a chance for the canceled but often requested Holo-Nute Gunray, or even a different color variation of the POTC Handmaiden?Ok, I guess. I punched it up a little to convince them to see it your way.

Vote counted.

Battle Droid
03-30-2008, 04:07 PM
17 for another vote.

mtriv73
03-31-2008, 09:29 AM
16 ;)

Blue2th
03-31-2008, 10:02 AM
8, 11, 12, 13, 15, 17 werks fer me.

Maradona
03-31-2008, 02:58 PM

Mr. JabbaJohnL
04-04-2008, 06:09 PM
New question:

At both the New York and Australia Toy Fairs, the Revenge of the Sith Padmé in the upcoming Padmé Amidala Legacy Evolutions set is shown without her japor snippet necklace. Will it be included in the final product? In the scene on which this figure is based, the necklace is not only clearly visible in long shots and a close-up, but Anakin holds it and mentions it, so it would be odd not to include it here.

Kidhuman
04-04-2008, 08:14 PM
New Question:

With the retail price rumored climbing to 7.99 a piece this fall, have you guys gien any thought to go back to neutral posing to save costs on packaging? By doing this you can re-introduce the deluxe line for figures to come withthe bigger accessories.?

bigbarada
04-04-2008, 09:00 PM

Another new question:

The upcoming wave of realistic-styled figures from the first Clone Wars cartoon is pretty cool, but is there any chance of going even further back in Star Wars TV history and giving us realistic-styled figures from the old Droids and Ewoks cartoons?

Mr. JabbaJohnL
04-04-2008, 09:16 PM
New Question:

With the retail price rumored climbing to 7.99 a piece this fall, have you guys gien any thought to go back to neutral posing to save costs on packaging? By doing this you can re-introduce the deluxe line for figures to come withthe bigger accessories.?
They've said before that they like the "dynamic" poses as it apparently drives up sales and has been working for them . . . maybe a different wording would avoid them just repeating that.

Kidhuman
04-04-2008, 10:20 PM
Thats why I added the thing about going back to the deluxe line for the bigger accessories

JediTricks
04-04-2008, 11:23 PM
Question 18 added.

New question:

At both the New York and Australia Toy Fairs, the Revenge of the Sith Padmé in the upcoming Padmé Amidala Legacy Evolutions set is shown without her japor snippet necklace. Will it be included in the final product? In the scene on which this figure is based, the necklace is not only clearly visible in long shots and a close-up, but Anakin holds it and mentions it, so it would be odd not to include it here.That's a bit of a weirdy IMO, but I've added the question anyway.

New Question:

With the retail price rumored climbing to 7.99 a piece this fall, have you guys gien any thought to go back to neutral posing to save costs on packaging? By doing this you can re-introduce the deluxe line for figures to come withthe bigger accessories.?That would be the deluxe line that has consistently failed every single time at market and they've repeatedly said they have no interest in returning to at this juncture? Yeah, between what JabbaJohn pointed out about the neutral posing (which I also don't see how it would add any significant cost to), I'm not adding this one.

Another new question:

The upcoming wave of realistic-styled figures from the first Clone Wars cartoon is pretty cool, but is there any chance of going even further back in Star Wars TV history and giving us realistic-styled figures from the old Droids and Ewoks cartoons?I'm not adding that one due to this answer from a few weeks ago:

Toymania.com: Are we going to see DROIDS (yes the 80's cartoon) versions of R2 and C-3P0?
Hasbro: That is a cool thought, but right now we don't have any plans to do anything specifically around Droids in the near future. It doesn't mean we couldn't at some point, if Lucasfilm agreed, but right now our priorities are elsewhere including the new Clone Wars animation.

bigbarada
04-04-2008, 11:30 PM
I'm not adding that one due to this answer from a few weeks ago:

Toymania.com: Are we going to see DROIDS (yes the 80's cartoon) versions of R2 and C-3P0?
Hasbro: That is a cool thought, but right now we don't have any plans to do anything specifically around Droids in the near future. It doesn't mean we couldn't at some point, if Lucasfilm agreed, but right now our priorities are elsewhere including the new Clone Wars animation.

That's cool, that's actually the second best answer they could have given: "no current plans, but it's not out of the question."

The best answer they could have given would be something like "fans of the 1980s Droids and Ewoks cartoons will be very happy in 2009.":rolleyes:

Although technically, I wanted my question to focus on characters like Jann Tosh, Princess Kneesa or ever Vlix; but at least the Droids cartoon isn't getting the "highly unlikely" reaction from Hasbro that talk of the Holiday Special brings.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
04-05-2008, 01:07 AM
Change my votes for 8 and 11 to votes for 17 and 18 if you could, please.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
04-05-2008, 01:27 PM
They answered most of question 13 at sandtroopers.com and brushed off the Clone Wars stand idea (but it sounds like it won't happen). Feel free to strike it.

bigbarada
04-05-2008, 11:58 PM
I think I have two votes left, so I'll vote for #14 and try to pose one more new question:

Through the years, action figures representing every primary character in the films have seen great strides in the levels of detail, accuracy and articulation... except for one. C-3PO seems to be held back by your insistence on coating him with a vac-metalized gold finish. Not only is this innaccurate to 90% of his screentime in the films, it limits the articulation and detail that's possible on the figure. Isn't there some way that we can get a super-articulated C-3PO that has a shiny metallic gold finish without the overly shiny vac-metalization? Also without appearing dull and drab like the Saga Ultra C-3PO (the one that came with the escape pod)?

Devo
04-06-2008, 03:04 PM
I vote for Q14 about the Indiana Jones tank and also Big Barada's question about C-3PO. They used to do Threepio's paint perfectly well in the latter part of POTF2 (I'm thinking Purchase of Droids and flashback photo) and the Endor Threepio's paint is good for 2 scenes in the entire original trilogy - the end of ANH and the end of ESB when he was clean. But this clean, very shiny paintjob is not the best choice, as BB said, for 90% of the films runtimes.

JediTricks
04-06-2008, 04:58 PM
Question 19 added.

Questions 13, 14, and 17 have been stricken due to Friday's Q&A answers.

The following folks are refunded 1 vote for #13:

evenflow
StbrianofMinneapolis
Mr. JabbaJohnL
Jedi_Kal-El
Blue2th
Maradona

The following folks are refunded 1 vote for #14:

mtriv73

The following folks are refunded 1 vote for #17:

Banthaholic
Battle Droid
mtriv73
Blue2th
Maradona

Another new question:

The upcoming wave of realistic-styled figures from the first Clone Wars cartoon is pretty cool, but is there any chance of going even further back in Star Wars TV history and giving us realistic-styled figures from the old Droids and Ewoks cartoons?Lucky you, they gave another answer this week that's a little better. I put it in the roundup in the news which is linked from the main post in this thread.

Change my votes for 8 and 11 to votes for 17 and 18 if you could, please.I would, but I just cut #17, so LMK what you want to do there.

They answered most of question 13 at sandtroopers.com and brushed off the Clone Wars stand idea (but it sounds like it won't happen). Feel free to strike it.I did, thanks.

I think I have two votes left, so I'll vote for #14Sorry, that one was also cut.

Through the years, action figures representing every primary character in the films have seen great strides in the levels of detail, accuracy and articulation... except for one. C-3PO seems to be held back by your insistence on coating him with a vac-metalized gold finish. Not only is this innaccurate to 90% of his screentime in the films, it limits the articulation and detail that's possible on the figure. Isn't there some way that we can get a super-articulated C-3PO that has a shiny metallic gold finish without the overly shiny vac-metalization? Also without appearing dull and drab like the Saga Ultra C-3PO (the one that came with the escape pod)?Reworded and added, LMK if it needs changes. I don't think it's fair to say 3PO hasn't taken great strides in detail and accuracy and articulation, the Endor one destroys all previous comers, and the detail's been pretty good since the MMC figure even and certainly gotten better.

Vote counted.

I vote for Q14 about the Indiana Jones tank and also Big Barada's question about C-3PO. They used to do Threepio's paint perfectly well in the latter part of POTF2 (I'm thinking Purchase of Droids and flashback photo) and the Endor Threepio's paint is good for 2 scenes in the entire original trilogy - the end of ANH and the end of ESB when he was clean. But this clean, very shiny paintjob is not the best choice, as BB said, for 90% of the films runtimes.14's cut, but I'll count your vote for #19 there.

El Chuxter
04-06-2008, 05:00 PM
It's BigB's question, so he can shoot this down (or it could be added as a separate question), but could the C-3PO question be re-worked to include an updated "naked" TPM C-3PO (hopefully with flag) and a decent AOTC C-3PO (as the POS with the Battle Droid parts remains the only even passable one)?

Hmm.... Has there been a question about a C-3PO Evolutions set? I can't remember. That would be a good suggestion, since there's work to be done on all three of his designs.

indyjones1981
04-06-2008, 06:02 PM
Has Hasbro indicated that they are going to do a carded 3 3/4 Han Solo in Stormtrooper Disguise? I have not heard one way or another. That is one figure that is years if not decades overdue. That is the questions I want to ask Hasbro. Perhaps it can be added to the questions list.

bigbarada
04-06-2008, 06:17 PM
Reworded and added, LMK if it needs changes. I don't think it's fair to say 3PO hasn't taken great strides in detail and accuracy and articulation, the Endor one destroys all previous comers, and the detail's been pretty good since the MMC figure even and certainly gotten better.

That wording's fine, it gets the point across and helps to cement Threepio's importance to the saga. Thanks.

Lucky you, they gave another answer this week that's a little better. I put it in the roundup in the news which is linked from the main post in this thread.

That is cool!:thumbsup:

It's BigB's question, so he can shoot this down (or it could be added as a separate question), but could the C-3PO question be re-worked to include an updated "naked" TPM C-3PO (hopefully with flag) and a decent AOTC C-3PO (as the POS with the Battle Droid parts remains the only even passable one)?

My only problem with that is that it would essentially turn my one question into three questions. Then if Hasbro answers it, they could talk for a whole paragraph about Ep1 and Ep2 versions of Threepio, and never actually answer my original question (about a shiny-finish, SA, non-vac-metalized Threepio figure). I think a separate question about a Threepio Evolutions set is a good one, though.

evenflow
04-06-2008, 06:27 PM
I guess add 19 to my original list

obi-dad
04-06-2008, 06:51 PM
New question: You've stated that the upcoming Galactic Heroes Vader's ship will have removable wings. Does that mean we can look forward to a Galatic Heroes Tie Fighter coming soon since you have the tooling for the base of the ship and already release a Tie Fighter pilot?

obi-dad
04-06-2008, 06:59 PM
5, 11 & 19

Mr. JabbaJohnL
04-06-2008, 07:27 PM
Okay, how about these are my final 6 votes:

7, 8, 12, 15, 18, 19

Also, on question 10, you should modify it since the new Order 66 packs are already out.

Battle Droid
04-06-2008, 07:48 PM
New question,

Will you ever rerelease the transformable Vulture Droid Starfighter from the EPI three pack repainted in the ROTS colors?

JediTricks
04-07-2008, 04:26 PM
Has Hasbro indicated that they are going to do a carded 3 3/4 Han Solo in Stormtrooper Disguise? I have not heard one way or another. That is one figure that is years if not decades overdue. That is the questions I want to ask Hasbro. Perhaps it can be added to the questions list.They haven't committed to one, no. Having just gotten the Comic Packs repaint made though, I feel it's a little specific and early to ask about this again.

Hmm.... Has there been a question about a C-3PO Evolutions set? I can't remember. That would be a good suggestion, since there's work to be done on all three of his designs.
My only problem with that is that it would essentially turn my one question into three questions. Then if Hasbro answers it, they could talk for a whole paragraph about Ep1 and Ep2 versions of Threepio, and never actually answer my original question (about a shiny-finish, SA, non-vac-metalized Threepio figure). I think a separate question about a Threepio Evolutions set is a good one, though.BB makes a good point, we don't want to lose the crux of the question amidst secondary issues.

As for an evo question, I'm inclined right now to avoid it since Hasbro has said that evo is for figures that are less likely to get made, they even killed the Obi-Wan evo set and moved those figures to the basic line. I know 3PO's is a true "evolution", but I don't think they'd go for that. Work up another question for your prequel 3POs, specifically what you'd want added to the figures we already have (beyond the flag).

New question: You've stated that the upcoming Galactic Heroes Vader's ship will have removable wings. Does that mean we can look forward to a Galatic Heroes Tie Fighter coming soon since you have the tooling for the base of the ship and already release a Tie Fighter pilot?While I definitely want them to do a regular TIE Fighter, there's nothing from the Vader TIE Advanced that translates to a regular TIE Fighter, the bodies are quite different. Perhaps I'm misunderstanding your question though, LMK.

Okay, how about these are my final 6 votes:

7, 8, 12, 15, 18, 19Confusing! Ok, will do, but in the future, please keep in mind that I keep a running tally, so you need to LMK what votes you're replacing - 11, 13 - the new votes with (like you did in your previous post), not a "final revised vote" like this.

Also, on question 10, you should modify it since the new Order 66 packs are already out.Good point.

New question,

Will you ever rerelease the transformable Vulture Droid Starfighter from the EPI three pack repainted in the ROTS colors?How would they offer it at this point? Think they could shoehorn it into a basic card or are you looking for some sort of Battle Pack scenario? LMK.

El Chuxter
04-07-2008, 05:20 PM
My needs are simple. I just think that the only TPM figure (from almost ten years ago!) sucks, and the two AOTC figures (both six years old, though the second keeps getting re-released ad nauseum despite being a pegwarmer each time) are even worse.

How about:

One of only four characters to appear in all six movies, C-3PO has only been well represented (by current standards) in his golden coverings from Episodes III-VI. An Episode I "naked" version hasn't been seen in almost a decade, and a new version (ideally including the flag he bears at the podrace, his only logical accessory) is sorely needed. Also, the "piecemeal" Episode II version has only been made twice, and both times with gimmicks, and a "proper" version of this figure could be easily made by repainting either the Revenge of the Sith or Ewok Deity C-3PO figures. Are there any current plans to address one (or, hopefully, both) of these C-3PO figures in the future?

JediTricks
04-07-2008, 06:03 PM
I am pretty sure they can't repaint any vac-metalized figure, those are molded in a different material which doesn't take paint the same way a normal figure does, so it'd be a retool which is almost as expensive as starting from scratch.

Anyway, most folks I know are still satisfied with Ep 1 3PO, so what are you looking for in enhancements to the original? Articulation? Sculpting? Range of motion? Loose wiring? I dunno what you want, and IMO that'd be crucial to the question.

The same question I suppose applies to Ep 2 3PO, what do you want done right that wasn't done right in previous attempts?

bluedragon1971
04-08-2008, 12:17 AM
My votes would be 5 and 19, along with my own write-in:

What was the cause of the recent price jump in the Galactic Heroes 2-pack figures? They went from $5.88 to $6.36 about a month or two ago (Wal-Mart prices; prices changed similarly at Target as well, which are the only two places I can always find them locally). Strangely, the local Toys R' Us never changed their prices on them, but they usually don't have a good selection.

Battle Droid
04-08-2008, 08:13 AM
How would they offer it at this point? Think they could shoehorn it into a basic card or are you looking for some sort of Battle Pack scenario? LMK.

Either way, or the three pack rereleased.

RENDAR LIVES
04-08-2008, 10:08 AM
I'd like to throw in my vote for ?'s 12, 15 and 18.

A while ago I submitted a question about Obi-Wan and Siri Tachi in Ubese desguise from the "Jedi Quest" comics as a 2-pack. Can we vote on that one now?

joe-da
04-08-2008, 01:55 PM
11, 15 and 18

JediTricks
04-08-2008, 04:43 PM
Questions 20-21 added.

#20 is my question, it's been on my mind for a while, but for some reason this morning it all came together. It's a bit of a "go for the throat" presentation, but I think it's worth asking right.

My votes would be 5 and 19, along with my own write-in:

What was the cause of the recent price jump in the Galactic Heroes 2-pack figures? They went from $5.88 to $6.36 about a month or two ago (Wal-Mart prices; prices changed similarly at Target as well, which are the only two places I can always find them locally). Strangely, the local Toys R' Us never changed their prices on them, but they usually don't have a good selection.I am reticent to ask them about that one because it's about what the stores are charging rather than MSRP, and whenever it's about what the stores are charging, Hasbro goes to the stock answer of "as for actual retail pricing, that is a decision that is entirely up to our retail partners who choose the retail price they deem important to meet their business objectives." That sort of thing. I don't believe the MSRP has actually gone up but I could be mistaken. I do know though that Titanium Series went up again at those 2 despite there being no new MSRP, so it's possible they're just charging what they want to charge.

Anyway, all that was so I could ask you if you could reword the question to buffer it from the inevitable stock answer.

Either way, or the three pack rereleased.You really think they'd bother re-releasing that vehicle pack? That thing tanked on initial release, a big handle with 3 small flimsy ships. And you really think they can do it as a basic, or an interesting BP? I'm still uncertain about the idea we'd be trying to present here. We already threw the Action Fleet idea at them for this and it didn't stick, and that's a far superior version... in fact, looking back at the one you're suggesting here, it's very inaccurate in its transformation and quite flimsy.

A while ago I submitted a question about Obi-Wan and Siri Tachi in Ubese desguise from the "Jedi Quest" comics as a 2-pack. Can we vote on that one now?Didn't I suggest you remind me back in DECEMBER? :p They haven't been too bad about this stuff lately, so I'll add it with the addition of swapping Obi-Wan for Anakin since he interacts with her more in that outfit, from what I've heard. If you could round out why you want Obi-Wan (and what specific version, they seem less likely to do generic versions with the Comics 2pack line) that might help there.

Your vote has been counted for it.

bigbarada
04-08-2008, 05:03 PM
I'll take 20 as my last vote.

RENDAR LIVES
04-09-2008, 08:35 AM
Didn't I suggest you remind me back in DECEMBER? :p They haven't been too bad about this stuff lately, so I'll add it with the addition of swapping Obi-Wan for Anakin since he interacts with her more in that outfit, from what I've heard. If you could round out why you want Obi-Wan (and what specific version, they seem less likely to do generic versions with the Comics 2pack line) that might help there.

Your vote has been counted for it.

Anakin from that series looks like Anakin from AOTC just shorter and with goggles. It would be a waste when there is an opportunity for a new character or a unique designe of an existing one.

I say Obi-Wan because he and Siri had something going on and the Ubese desguise makes a unique Kenobi. We've had Han, Luke, Lando & Leia in desguises and they've been pretty popular. Personally I like the Jedi that don't look like Jedi.

RENDAR LIVES
04-09-2008, 08:40 AM
I'll vote for 20 as well. A lot of Hasbros business decisions seem...peculiar. If it's not broken, fix it till it is.

Battle Droid
04-09-2008, 09:43 AM
New question,

If the new Millennium Falcon and AT-TE sell well could this led the way to other larger vehicles such as the MTT to be made?

Battle Droid
04-09-2008, 05:39 PM
New question,

You revealed in an earlier Q&A that we'll be getting a Geonosis Battle Droid Commander, will it be released in the Legacy Collection or the next Saga Legends, and will it be a new SA sculpt or not?

Gothiczartan
04-09-2008, 07:39 PM
is yarma still be release as a collectors edition since kids may not want this figure?

when will ever we see a gungan sub, cloud car, new sculpt or retooled speederbikes (the handle bars)?

will there be a new sculpt a little large scale AT AT walker to fit and carry about 10 figures that include two speederbikes, will a cockpit can carry three figures just like seen in the movie?

will there be a new or a retooled AT ST walker that can carry about three figures in the cockpit?

will evolution pack jango fett ever be released again as a single pack with the orginal jetpack (the one that was destroyed during the battle with obi-wan) or a retooled jetpack of the the saga collection jango fett figure, why can't he have two jetpacks for the evolution set of fetts?

will there be retooled han hoth of VTSC and luke hoth with tauntuans?

Kidhuman
04-09-2008, 08:16 PM
Will you ever stop asking for the same resulpts?

Gothiczartan
04-09-2008, 08:23 PM
will be get an new sculpt TPM and AOTC Obi-Wan figures as single packs or evolution packs?

Kidhuman
04-09-2008, 08:24 PM
will be get an new sculpt TPM and AOTC Obi-Wan figures as single packs or evolution packs?

There are 2 new Obi-Wans due out next year on single cards

Gothiczartan
04-09-2008, 08:25 PM
will there be a new sculpted dengar or a retooled with ball jointet elbows and a holster and gun added?

Kidhuman
04-09-2008, 08:26 PM
Bounty huinters are on the back burner for now. Already been answered

Gothiczartan
04-09-2008, 08:32 PM
will TPM Ob-Wan have a new sculpt head with a breathing mouth piece?

will Evolution pack Qui-Gon Jin be released again with a new sculpted head with a breathing mouth piece?

is there going to be a new Tie-Fighter pilot figure with a removable helmet?

will we see new sculpted rebel troopers (as first seen on the fleet that was under attack by star destroyer) with removable helmets, working holster for blaster?

will they retooled TAC luke jedi for a much improved tunic, a new right gloved hand?

will we see a VTSC luke x wing pilot retooled for TAC jedi luke head, new arms (no gloves) that shows a blasted damage hand and a removable black glove as seen in the movie, ROTJ version of Luke X-Wing Pilot?

Kidhuman
04-09-2008, 08:39 PM
will TPM Ob-Wan have a new sculpt head with a breathing mouth piece?

No

will Evolution pack Qui-Gon Jin be released again with a new sculpted head with a breathing mouth piece?

No

is there going to be a new Tie-Fighter pilot figure with a removable helmet?

no

will we see new sculpted rebel troopers (as first seen on the fleet that was under attack by star destroyer) with removable helmets, working holster for blaster?

no

will they retooled TAC luke jedi for a much improved tunic, a new right gloved hand?

No

will we see a VTSC luke x wing pilot retooled for TAC jedi luke head, new arms (no gloves) that shows a blasted damage hand and a removable black glove as seen in the movie, ROTJ version of Luke X-Wing Pilot?

No

Seriously, go back the the main page and re-read all the Q&A sessions and the answers to all your questions will be there.

Gothiczartan
04-09-2008, 08:47 PM
No

No

no

no

No

No

Seriously, go back the the main page and re-read all the Q&A sessions and the answers to all your questions will be there.

I just did now, I there is not much about figures based on the movie that I like to see made. will there still be new figures from the movies anyway and expanded universe as well?

Kidhuman
04-09-2008, 08:49 PM
Go to the home page as I said and look through the news articles.

Gothiczartan
04-09-2008, 08:52 PM
Go to the home page as I said and look through the news articles.

ok I found it, I have to wait and see what figures will be made and see how it turns out. most of the figures made looks ok to me most of them, i got long to list.

El Chuxter
04-09-2008, 09:58 PM
GZ, the thread about Yarna was an April Fool's joke that JabbaJohnL started. Yarna is still being made.

Gothiczartan
04-09-2008, 10:03 PM
GZ, the thread about Yarna was an April Fool's joke that JabbaJohnL started. Yarna is still being made.
ok i got your point! thank you!:razz:

Sinscia Fat'o
04-10-2008, 02:39 PM
LOL, this was all way to funny! Why would or do we need a new Qui Gon Jinn already? If you want it that bad just take the TAc Obi Wan mouth piece and customize a little bit... Problem solved. Dengar's getting a new figure or at least rerelased, and that figure is made good enough even by todays standards...and that's coming from me...being a SA nut.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
04-10-2008, 10:59 PM
Okay, here's a new one:

Might it be better if the upcoming AT-TE and Millennium Falcon were released farther apart in time? Both vehicles will apparently go for $100 or more, feature heavy electronics, appeal to both kids and collectors, and are amazing pieces. It might be better for them to be released several months or a year apart from each other rather than both in July, don't you think? That way, both items could have their "time in the sun," and collectors and kids would be able to get both without putting too much of a strain on their wallets all at once or having to choose between the two. (And there's no point in telling us "no comment" on the Falcon, as we've all seen it.)

JediTricks
04-10-2008, 11:24 PM
Question 21 modified.

Last day to vote!

Anakin from that series looks like Anakin from AOTC just shorter and with goggles. It would be a waste when there is an opportunity for a new character or a unique designe of an existing one.

I say Obi-Wan because he and Siri had something going on and the Ubese desguise makes a unique Kenobi. We've had Han, Luke, Lando & Leia in desguises and they've been pretty popular. Personally I like the Jedi that don't look like Jedi.Man, I didn't realize you wanted Obi-Wan in Bakleeda disguise! If you had said that back in November I would have added the question then, I thought you just wanted a Siri in disguise figure and were throwing in a regular Obi-Wan!

New question,

If the new Millennium Falcon and AT-TE sell well could this led the way to other larger vehicles such as the MTT to be made?I'm not adding that, we know the answer is yes because you said "could" leaving room for ambiguity. We asked them pretty much the same thing when it was the Imperial Shuttle, SSG got this answer on Jan 12th '07:
Q: From what we've seen, the recent Toys R Us-exclusive Endor AT-AT and Target-exclusive Imperial Shuttle have both sold fairly well, the Imperial Shuttle selling through in only a matter of weeks. Will this mean we'll be more likely to see more larger vehicles in the future? If so, would they likely be all-new molds, retooled molds, or unmodified reissues? As a side note, some collectors have felt that large vehicles would always sell better if they were released just before Christmas the way Imperial Shuttle was, furthering the likelihood of selling more units to a wider market - what's Hasbro's take on that? A: Obviously, higher price points do better before the holidays since that's when gift giving really ramps up and that is the ideal timing for anything that is not an "everyday" priced item (we consider the $19.99 SRP Starfighter Vehicle collection to be sustainable all year long and will keep that going with continued fresh waves). As far as our optimism for large vehicles succeeding based on the recent success - we knew that there was a market for the larger vehicles, the challenge is the extraordinary cost of doing new ones. We are looking at every opportunity to bring all-new ones out. We can't confirm anything right now though. If we did, because of timing, it might not be until 2008.
I don't think we'd get anything beyond that sort of thing, and I'm not ready to press harder when we still haven't gotten them to admit this awesome new Falcon exists. If I were though, the MTT wouldn't be my example.

New question,

You revealed in an earlier Q&A that we'll be getting a Geonosis Battle Droid Commander, will it be released in the Legacy Collection or the next Saga Legends, and will it be a new SA sculpt or not?Since we got the answer about the Geonosis BD Commander only a round ago, I'm not ready to ask another specific question about it. We harp on Battle Droids in Q&A almost as much as all the other sites combined.

is yarma still be release as a collectors edition since kids may not want this figure?Not asking this, it's not moved from the basic line.

when will ever we see a gungan sub, cloud car, new sculpt or retooled speederbikes (the handle bars)?Not soon, we already asked them about the Cloud Car and speederbikes and the responses weren't encouraging.

will there be a new sculpt a little large scale AT AT walker to fit and carry about 10 figures that include two speederbikes, will a cockpit can carry three figures just like seen in the movie?It's too early to ask something like that.

will there be a new or a retooled AT ST walker that can carry about three figures in the cockpit?We asked them this, they said they'd look at it but not likely right now.

will evolution pack jango fett ever be released again as a single pack with the orginal jetpack (the one that was destroyed during the battle with obi-wan) or a retooled jetpack of the the saga collection jango fett figure, why can't he have two jetpacks for the evolution set of fetts?They said they had no plans to single-pack them right now. As for the jetpacks, it's not enough of an issue for me to add, especially when Boba's ESB jetpack is nearly identical and already in the set.

will there be retooled han hoth of VTSC and luke hoth with tauntuans?Explain your idea here better, how would you want them REASONABLY changed? I'll consider adding this.

will be get an new sculpt TPM and AOTC Obi-Wan figures as single packs or evolution packs?They already said single packs.

will there be a new sculpted dengar or a retooled with ball jointet elbows and a holster and gun added?Too specific for right now.

will TPM Ob-Wan have a new sculpt head with a breathing mouth piece?Too specific.

will Evolution pack Qui-Gon Jin be released again with a new sculpted head with a breathing mouth piece?Too specific.

is there going to be a new Tie-Fighter pilot figure with a removable helmet?Too specific.

will we see new sculpted rebel troopers (as first seen on the fleet that was under attack by star destroyer) with removable helmets, working holster for blaster?Not likely, we asked for this already.

will they retooled TAC luke jedi for a much improved tunic, a new right gloved hand?Not right now, we asked for this already as well.

will we see a VTSC luke x wing pilot retooled for TAC jedi luke head, new arms (no gloves) that shows a blasted damage hand and a removable black glove as seen in the movie, ROTJ version of Luke X-Wing Pilot?Super specific, not gonna add this right now.

Okay, here's a new one:

Might it be better if the upcoming AT-TE and Millennium Falcon were released farther apart in time? Both vehicles will apparently go for $100 or more, feature heavy electronics, appeal to both kids and collectors, and are amazing pieces. It might be better for them to be released several months or a year apart from each other rather than both in July, don't you think? That way, both items could have their "time in the sun," and collectors and kids would be able to get both without putting too much of a strain on their wallets all at once or having to choose between the two. (And there's no point in telling us "no comment" on the Falcon, as we've all seen it.)Hi, thanks for walking me right onto the minefield. They most likely won't answer this judging by their past behavior. I tried to come up with a good way to ask it hypothetically, but couldn't really express it properly. The release date is still rumor at this point, so even if we ask it hypothetically, we could get ourselves into a can of worms if they answer it and then the sucker doesn't actually come out then. LMK if you guys can come up with anything better yet still bulletproofed.

JediTricks
04-10-2008, 11:29 PM
My votes:

3 - roleplay
5 - gh atat
8 - tfu rerelease
11 - jango suit
19 - 3PO
20 - pricepoint

Gothiczartan
04-11-2008, 12:01 AM
Question 21 modified.

Last day to vote!

Man, I didn't realize you wanted Obi-Wan in Bakleeda disguise! If you had said that back in November I would have added the question then, I thought you just wanted a Siri in disguise figure and were throwing in a regular Obi-Wan!

I'm not adding that, we know the answer is yes because you said "could" leaving room for ambiguity. We asked them pretty much the same thing when it was the Imperial Shuttle, SSG got this answer on Jan 12th '07:

Q: From what we've seen, the recent Toys R Us-exclusive Endor AT-AT and Target-exclusive Imperial Shuttle have both sold fairly well, the Imperial Shuttle selling through in only a matter of weeks. Will this mean we'll be more likely to see more larger vehicles in the future? If so, would they likely be all-new molds, retooled molds, or unmodified reissues? As a side note, some collectors have felt that large vehicles would always sell better if they were released just before Christmas the way Imperial Shuttle was, furthering the likelihood of selling more units to a wider market - what's Hasbro's take on that? A: Obviously, higher price points do better before the holidays since that's when gift giving really ramps up and that is the ideal timing for anything that is not an "everyday" priced item (we consider the $19.99 SRP Starfighter Vehicle collection to be sustainable all year long and will keep that going with continued fresh waves). As far as our optimism for large vehicles succeeding based on the recent success - we knew that there was a market for the larger vehicles, the challenge is the extraordinary cost of doing new ones. We are looking at every opportunity to bring all-new ones out. We can't confirm anything right now though. If we did, because of timing, it might not be until 2008.
I don't think we'd get anything beyond that sort of thing, and I'm not ready to press harder when we still haven't gotten them to admit this awesome new Falcon exists. If I were though, the MTT wouldn't be my example.

Since we got the answer about the Geonosis BD Commander only a round ago, I'm not ready to ask another specific question about it. We harp on Battle Droids in Q&A almost as much as all the other sites combined.

Not asking this, it's not moved from the basic line.

Not soon, we already asked them about the Cloud Car and speederbikes and the responses weren't encouraging.

It's too early to ask something like that.

We asked them this, they said they'd look at it but not likely right now.

They said they had no plans to single-pack them right now. As for the jetpacks, it's not enough of an issue for me to add, especially when Boba's ESB jetpack is nearly identical and already in the set.

Explain your idea here better, how would you want them REASONABLY changed? I'll consider adding this.

They already said single packs.

Too specific for right now.

Too specific.

Too specific.

Too specific.

Not likely, we asked for this already.

Not right now, we asked for this already as well.

Super specific, not gonna add this right now.

Hi, thanks for walking me right onto the minefield. They most likely won't answer this judging by their past behavior. I tried to come up with a good way to ask it hypothetically, but couldn't really express it properly. The release date is still rumor at this point, so even if we ask it hypothetically, we could get ourselves into a can of worms if they answer it and then the sucker doesn't actually come out then. LMK if you guys can come up with anything better yet still bulletproofed.

too many that I can't remember asking this same thing. I'll remember it. I'll have to wait and see how the figures will turn out to be.

mtriv73
04-11-2008, 09:36 AM
11, 16, 19, 20

That's all for this round

Kidhuman
04-11-2008, 10:08 AM
16 ;)

11, 16, 19, 20

That's all for this round

Many different votes in this round for you MTriv. I think you need to narrow some down. :D

Kidhuman
04-11-2008, 10:11 AM
4, 5, 9, 12, 15, 20,

JediTricks
04-11-2008, 02:50 PM
Many different votes in this round for you MTriv. I think you need to narrow some down. :DNice catch! :p

JediTricks
04-11-2008, 02:52 PM
Well, that's it for this round. Thanks to everybody who voted!

Here's the questions we're submitting this round:

C-3PO's presence in the saga is constant, he speaks the first and last lines, he facilitates the most important deeds, and while fussy his actions helped lead the Rebellion to victory, all while remaining one of the most recognizable cultural Star Wars touchstones, so surely he's an important enough character. That said, C-3PO figures have seemed a bit held back by the insistence on using a vacuum-metalized finish which limits articulation and fine detail. This despite the fact that 3PO's shiny, clean finish is rarely seen in the films. Is there some way we could get a super-articulated C-3PO figure sporting a shiny but not vac-metalized gold paint finish, while avoiding the dull look of the Saga Ultra C-3PO?
Will the Republic Gunship be re-released to coincide with the release of the Clone Wars cartoon? Several are featured in the preview, and some even have new deco.
The 3¾" action figure system has always straddled the toy market - on the one hand it's small enough that kids can have plenty of toys in the system without taking up a lot of space, while on the other it's not as big as many popular action figure scales out there so it's seen as "less product". With yet another round of price increases, this scale seems to be heading for a bit of a quandary: how does a $7.99 Star Wars or Indiana Jones figure in this scale compete with a similarly-priced 5" or 6" figure that sports as much detail and articulation and is perceived as being "more toy for the money". Pack-ins can only take it so far - although obviously you are gambling on the Build-A-Figure concept to take it an extra buck farther - so the question becomes, is there any concern that the eight-dollar Star Wars basic figure will be the pricepoint the brand or the scale itself cannot breach, especially in a sagging toy industry fraught with market-erosion from both video games and the internet, all while during an economic recession? Is there any concern with this price increase over the potential loss of collectors, both hardcore and casual (including kids) alike? You say the majority of your cost concerns are found in new tooling, and the greatest hits-style lines have been selling extremely well for you the past few years, yet the greatest hits-style lines like Saga Legends have no significant tooling costs to worry about beyond routine maintenance since it is all re-releases (aside from the pit droid anomalies). In the past we've asked about why the Saga Legends line shouldn't be a cheaper MSRP in relation to the main line and the answer was to support the system, but shouldn't the recent increased income from the high-selling line of purely existing tools help defray the costs and thus help lower pricing on the main line?
Might the build-a-droid concept be applied to other build-a-whatever ideas such as build-a-beast or a piece of scenery?
After six years, you've finally made a highly articulated Jango Fett figure that has a great sculpt and lots of articulation. Trouble is, his jumpsuit is a garish shade of lavender that never appears in the film or any EU source, the one in the film was a far more muted, bluish tone. Was this an error or intentional, and if in error, will it be corrected in future shipments?
In the Galactic Heroes line we have gotten an AT-AT Commander and Driver figures, and now several new vehicles and beasts. Might that increase chances of getting a Galactic Heroes AT-AT?

Look for the new round of voting soon.