PDA

View Full Version : SW Checks... out of stock soon?

Bel-Cam Jos
03-29-2008, 10:15 AM
I bought the "Path to the Dark Side" personal check series (or whatever it was called back in '05), and I received an email from the company that makes them (Anthony Grandio) that their license is expiring in a few days. Nice heads-up on the notice there! ;) Anyhow, if you want these (and they are cool, a few check design lines), get 'em before 4/1/08. Website is just their name as one word, plus .com at the end (very complex).

bobafrett
03-31-2008, 06:31 PM
Wow, I think I saw this company at Celebration II, and at that time they didn't have the checks yet. They gave me an e-mail address, and or a website, but everytime I checked into it, or saw it avertised in a Sci-Fi magazine, I would check back, and I kept getting the same message that the checks were not yet available, and to check back soon.

I did get some SW checks sometime before that, but because my bank didn't work with that check company, I had to open an account at Harris bank. I was intending on useing that account for my "Star Wars" spending account, but after I signed on, Harris bank decided to start charging for $5 a month for accounts under a certain balance. Eventually my money was gone, but I still have the checks, and the cool Vader checkbook cover.

stillakid
03-31-2008, 07:45 PM
I thought about getting a book of checks from them, but the exorbitant price kept me away. I asked the guy why the price was so high and he said that it was for the "added value" of having checks with Star Wars on them. Seems weird to me, given that the point of a check is to give it away. Who exactly was I going to be impressing by handing over a check with pictures of Star Wars stuff on it? :confused:

Bel-Cam Jos
03-31-2008, 08:03 PM
You actually use the checks? I just keep them MISP. :p

Seriously, I re-ordered a box, the 'Armada' line (vehicles). I've had the 'Dark Side' ROTS and 'Characters' ones previously. The checkbook covers were cool; I never used them with the checkbook, just my dull, dependable blue one from the bank. :yes:

bobafrett
04-01-2008, 07:22 PM
I used one check from the ones at Harris bank, and that was an order from the Star Wars fan club. I wish I could recall what I bought, if it was merchandise or renewing my subscription/membership.

The price is making me shy away at the moment, but if I do decide to go ahead, I'd get the Imperial checks.