PDA

View Full Version : What figures need to be rereleased?

Old Fossil
03-29-2008, 03:47 PM
I think Hasbro should look at rereleasing certain figures, sort of like the Legends line but this time GIVING US WHAT WE ASK FOR:mad: and not just plugging the line with future pegwarmers.

That being said, I'd like to see

1. Pablo-Jill
2. Snowtrooper (VTAC)
3. McQuarrie Luke Skywalker
4. McQuarrie Boba Fett
5. McQuarrie Stormtrooper
6. Emperor's Royal Guard (ROTS issue)
7. Red R2 (from Naboo Royal Starship; the TPM tin release)
8. Luke Skywalker: X-Wing Pilot (VTSC)
9. Tusken Raider (VTSC)
10. Chewbacca (VOTC)
11. Stormtrooper (VOTC)

Mad Slanted Powers
03-29-2008, 05:02 PM
I'd definitely like some more of the VOTC Stormtroopers. The TAC ones are a bit too wobbly in the middle for me. The VOTC one is my favorite.

Of the rest that you mentioned, I'd McQuarrie Luke and the Red R2 are the only ones I do not have opened. However, with the McQuarrie Luke, I want to get one of the original release ones to open so I'll have the coin. I'll probably open the tin set figures some day, but if they re-released all the figures that were exclusive to them, then I could keep them in the package.

I guess since I usually end up getting all the figures somehow, I don't really need figures re-released. Troops are about the only ones that I would get. Perhaps if they can't come up with a new and improved Battle Droid sculpt, then they should re-release the Episode I and POTJ Security versions as long as the plastic is as good as in those original releases. Starting with the Boomer Damage version, all of the Battle Droids since have been disappointing.

Jedi_Kal-El
03-29-2008, 05:23 PM
I wouldn't complain if they kept the VOTC Stormtrooper in the rotation. You can never have enough Stormies.

I'd also like to see a re-release of the red ROTS Royal Guard. It baffles me that they re-released the blue version, but not the red. I would think you'd want to rehash the more poular version, but this is Hasbro we're talking about.

Some of the droids that were previously only available in multi-packs would be nice too. I don't have the red R2 from the tins so that would be a good carded release.

I could go on, but the list is a bit long, so I'll stick with what I have for now.

Snowtrooper
03-29-2008, 07:09 PM
These are the ones I'd want them to re-release:

1. VOTC stormtrooper or Tantive IV Stormtrooper with correct belt. Either one is pretty good IMHO.
2. Tie Fighter Pilot-Saga
3. VOTC Chewbacca
4. VTSC Tusken Raider
5. VOTC Han Solo
6. VTAC Snowtrooper
7. Assassin Droid (C2pak)
8. Jawas TAC
9. Royal Handmaidens POTC
10. Darth Sidious-holo
11. Sio Bibble

These are some that I already have, but others might be interested in:

1. Han Solo ST disguise-non comic version
2. Luke Skywalker ST disguise-again, non comic version
3. Pablo Jill
4. Any astro droid pack in.
5. Ephant Mon
6. Dannik Jericho-without holes in face
7. McQuarrie Snowtrooper

El Chuxter
03-29-2008, 09:54 PM
Rocket-launching R5-D4 should remain available at all times.

Jedi_Kal-El
03-29-2008, 09:56 PM
Rocket-launching R5-D4 should remain available at all times.

Forgot about him. Good call Chux.:thumbsup:

El Chuxter
03-29-2008, 10:01 PM
Funny thing is, everyone complains about him, but I displayed him using his gun arms like repair devices, and have them under the (raised) panel on the EU Snowspeeder. Or I did, when I had room to display both.

Jedi_Kal-El
03-29-2008, 10:03 PM
I never complained about him. Yeah the launching feature was a bit cheesy, but I thought he was better than lighsaber launching R2.

JetsAndHeels
03-30-2008, 12:20 AM
I would like to see another Lando w/skiff disguise. SA on it would be nice.

I think a Jabba the Hutt set would be good also.

If hasbro could re-release the Wampa I would be grateful as well.

DarkArtist
03-30-2008, 10:41 AM
I'd like to see:

VOTC Princess Leia
VOTC Stormtrooper
VOTC Tuskan Raider
VOTC IG-88
VOTC Luke Skywalker X-Wing
Target Salecumi Trooper
all of the Order 66 Clones (for those who like to army build)
181 TIE Interceptor Pilot
Comic Pack Mara Jade with purple blade lightsaber
Comic Pack Luke Skywalker Stormtrooper with correct helmet
Comic Pack Han Solo Stormtrooper with correct helmet
TAC Death Star Trooper with DC-17 blaster and new sculpt head

Banthaholic
03-30-2008, 01:12 PM
How 'bout Ric Olie ;)

Deoxyribonucleic
03-30-2008, 01:41 PM
two words: WALRUS MAN

Devil King
03-30-2008, 03:04 PM
I don't think any figures need to be rereleased. I think it's high time for some sort of uniformity from the SW line. Uniform articulation, rescult some of those sorely neglected characters from the OT that haven't had descent sculpts since 97 or 98. We need an accurate Tarkin figure from ANH. Not an Episode style face and uniform that's been painted to pass off as an ANH representation, but an actual resculpt of the character. Yes, we need a Ponda Baba with articulation and a resculpt. The gamorrean guard is still pretty good, but it needs articulation. And how about a descent Dr. Evazan figure? Admiral Ackbar? And for god's sake, do something about disco dancing Uncle Owen. He looks like he's had too much to drink and he's about to say "ayund won mer thinggggg." and fall over unconscious. (Which he does actually do if you even attempt to stand him up)

If they want to do another round of ultimate galactic hunt, don't anatgonize us with coins or Lucas looking thinner than he has since 1978 figures. If they think no one will buy Owen and Beru off the shelves, make their updated figures the mail away offer. As it is, I've never mailed away for any of the offers. I simply don't want a George Lucas figure, Stormtrooper OR in a two pack with his tubby daughter.

JediTricks
03-30-2008, 03:50 PM
While I generally prefer new figures to reissues, there are some that just should be out rather than waiting forever to get, kids and casual collectors aren't so patient. From your ideas, here's stuff I agree with:

Snowtrooper (VTAC)
Emperor's Royal Guard (ROTS issue)
Luke Skywalker: X-Wing Pilot (VTSC) (with a better deco!)
Tusken Raider (VTSC)
POTJ Security Battle Droid
Tie Fighter Pilot-Saga
Jawas TAC (I'd like to see the TAC Jawa with the larger OTC-repaint Jawa, that'd make a good 2pack)
Ephant Mon (just to shut this issue down finally)
Lando w/skiff disguise (action Lando, not a bad choice, small rotation figure)
VOTC Princess Leia (MUST HAVE NEW DECO!!!)
VOTC IG-88

I'd like to see the Chewie from the Early Bird Kit instead of VOTC. VOTC is the ROTJ hairstyle which isn't as common for the character.

I'm happier with the TAC Stormtrooper despite its problem chest, the pose is more natural and the helmet looks way better sitting on a real head, there's a ton more poses you can get out of that.

I'd like to see a reissue of the ROTS Battle Droid over any of the others, it's got the good pose, good sculpt, and good paint, and I didn't buy any because I was burned out from BDs at that point. But it's way way better than that Ep 1 piece of crap which is horribly inaccurate and looks so boring holding its blaster in 1 hand. The POTJ Security droid is cool but doesn't have a backpack.

two words: WALRUS MANYou're a devil woman! No more old Ponda Baba figures, that thing suuuuucks! New or nothing!

As for my own ideas...

TSC Leia as Boushh
TSC Hoth R2 but with the tools and tool panel from VOTC R2 (I like this deco, and can live with the chrome dome here)
POTF2 Ugnaughts (in light rotation, and a new deco)
VTAC Bossk
VTSC Greedo (in light rotation, with plastic vest)
POTJ EllorRs Madak
Ep 1 Darth Sidious (makes for a good any-use Emperor figure despite the crappy giant sleeves, I'd prefer a new Emp but...)
TSC Luke Speederbike (covers Jabba's Palace Luke and Endor Luke needs despite being somewhat inferior. I'd prefer the articulation of the TAC Luke Jedi figure, but his crappy soft-goods vest is so incomplete it's not really a good payoff, I'd take it with Endor digs though if they went that way)
Evolutions Darth Maul (v1) (without the stupid oversized cloak, but with the Saga metal saber with the removable blades)
-alternately- Saga Darth Maul (the one with the red piping, magnet hand, and spinny gimmick, I like this figure, it's fun)
ROTS Dooku or Evo Dooku (in light rotation, I don't have Evo Dooku, he's supposedly a little better, I can only speak for ROTS being a decent fig, but old guys are boring so light rotation)
TSC Sun Fac (light rotation, but a good Geonosian alien fig)

Mad Slanted Powers
03-30-2008, 04:08 PM
You're a devil woman! No more old Ponda Baba figures, that thing suuuuucks! New or nothing!Perhaps she meant a new version. I myself have been wondering if some of the suggestions here were for repack/repaint figures or resculpts.

TSC Leia as Boushh - This was already reissued in the Saga Legends line, and peg-warmed a fair amount around here in both the TSC and SL releases.

Blue2th
03-30-2008, 04:20 PM
Sooner or later we'll get, I wish sooner than later:

TAC Super Battledroid without holes in his chest.

I'd wish for the regular Battledroid but the ROTS one even though it looks good, it is less articulated than ones before it.
He needs a resculpt, retool, rethink on what kinda plastic to use, so no re-release for him.

Deoxyribonucleic
03-30-2008, 05:05 PM
Perhaps she meant a new version. I myself have been wondering if some of the suggestions here were for repack/repaint figures or resculpts.

I did lol :twisted:

Totally saw the mistake AFTER I posted.

For reals now, rereleases...

VOTC Han Solo
VOTC Ben Kenobi
VTSC Luke X-Wing
VOTC Yoda
VOTC Threepio haha, just kidding
ROTS Red Emperor's Guard
VTSC Snow Trooper

I'd like these on basic cards, not vintage style cards, so the price is less. No fancy pack-ins or accessories, just the figs and their weapons/snake/cane

Jargo
03-30-2008, 06:35 PM
Moisture vaporater 2-pack. without Luke or Biggs or a Jawa or Aunt Beru or Uncle Owen or Cliegg or Shmi or poledancing Ishi Tib or Aquaplaning cruise missile trooper or scubadiving Rebel Sushi trooper or Deep jungle camouflage Mon Mothma or transforming Bantha dung/Jabba or cake making Boba 'the trouser trumpeter' Fett.

Old Fossil
03-30-2008, 06:42 PM
Moisture vaporater 2-pack. without Luke or Biggs or a Jawa or Aunt Beru or Uncle Owen or Cliegg or Shmi or poledancing Ishi Tib or Aquaplaning cruise missile trooper or scubadiving Rebel Sushi trooper or Deep jungle camouflage Mon Mothma or transforming Bantha dung/Jabba or cake making Boba 'the trouser trumpeter' Fett.

You, sir, are a true artiste.:)

Jargo
03-30-2008, 06:48 PM
*Curtsies*

Jedi_Kal-El
03-30-2008, 06:54 PM

I don't know if I should laugh at the way you worded that, or due to the fact that there's just alot of truth in there. lol

I do agree with a Moisture Vaporator 2-Pack though. I's buy several of them in fact.

Battle Droid
03-30-2008, 08:35 PM
Battle Droid - Security (POTJ)
Wat Tambor (Saga)
Cat Miin (ROTS)
Mustafar Sentry (ROTS)

Snowtrooper
03-30-2008, 11:05 PM
Amanaman would also be a nice re-release, at one per case. As far as I know, we haven't seen it since its POTJ release.

jedi master sal
03-31-2008, 09:43 AM
Amanaman would also be a nice re-release, at one per case. As far as I know, we haven't seen it since its POTJ release.

Rumor is there is one coming in a comic pack later this year. Not specifically Amanaman, but one of his race.

JediTricks
03-31-2008, 06:36 PM
- This was already reissued in the Saga Legends line, and peg-warmed a fair amount around here in both the TSC and SL releases.I know, I don't care. We have 2 "action Leia" figures worthy of being carried forward: Boushh Leia and POTJ Bespin Escape Leia. Both good characters but the latter is small and preposed and less iconic. I'd take an ANH Leia but there really aren't any good ones, the VOTC one needs paint badly to salvage where it is, the Commtech one is limited in poses and the face paint looks bad, and everything else isn't worth mention. Endor Leia figs all suck too. I'll give you "light rotation" on Boushh, but I really think it needs to be there for the kids to have an exciting Leia figure for once. If they did a decent repaint on VOTC Leia here, I'd rescind my Boushh request though.

I'd wish for the regular Battledroid but the ROTS one even though it looks good, it is less articulated than ones before it.
He needs a resculpt, retool, rethink on what kinda plastic to use, so no re-release for him.The ROTS Battle Droid is the same figure as the Saga one except with way better paint. It has head, shoulder, elbow, and hip articulation, the only loss is the knees on the Security droid, and since they don't have ankle articulation it's not as useful as it could be.

Amanaman would also be a nice re-release, at one per case. As far as I know, we haven't seen it since its POTJ release.Never has been rereleased probably because the original tanked pretty hard.

Deoxyribonucleic
03-31-2008, 06:42 PM
Never has been rereleased probably because the original tanked pretty hard.

Not in this house mister ;) I have 3 that I can see and I think a 4th still in its package :thumbsup:

JediTricks
03-31-2008, 06:54 PM
And I'm sure you had no trouble finding them in stores... for the next 3 years after its release. :p

It's possible I only own 1 and have never opened it. I don't care for Bananaman.

Mad Slanted Powers
03-31-2008, 07:01 PM
I know, I don't care. We have 2 "action Leia" figures worthy of being carried forward: Boushh Leia and POTJ Bespin Escape Leia. Both good characters but the latter is small and preposed and less iconic. I'd take an ANH Leia but there really aren't any good ones, the VOTC one needs paint badly to salvage where it is, the Commtech one is limited in poses and the face paint looks bad, and everything else isn't worth mention. Endor Leia figs all suck too. I'll give you "light rotation" on Boushh, but I really think it needs to be there for the kids to have an exciting Leia figure for once. If they did a decent repaint on VOTC Leia here, I'd rescind my Boushh request though.
I think the solution here is to resculpt one of the other existing ones rather than rerelease one that doesn't sell. I agree that Boushh is a great figure and that they should rerelease if they ever want a Leia Boushh in circulation again, but I don't think it is one that needs to be rereleased at this point.

As for Amanaman, they need to make Amanawoman to keep him company.

Banthaholic
03-31-2008, 10:39 PM
And I'm sure you had no trouble finding them in stores... for the next 3 years after its release. :p

It's possible I only own 1 and have never opened it. I don't care for Bananaman.

It's worth noting and arguing that the $10 price for essentially what is a basic figure by today's standard contributed. Making this fans choice a deluxe figure didn't attribute to extra sales.

I'd love to see him, but on his POTF cardback, that one kicks major tail, and I don't have the $100+ dollars to shell for the vintage one.

Deoxyribonucleic
03-31-2008, 10:56 PM
It's worth noting and arguing that the $10 price for essentially what is a basic figure by today's standard contributed. Making this fans choice a deluxe figure didn't attribute to extra sales.

I'd love to see him, but on his POTF cardback, that one kicks major tail, and I don't have the $100+ dollars to shell for the vintage one.

A vintage carded, resculpted Amanaman would be AWESOME! Gosh I hope they bring back the VOTC line :hopeful:

Snowtrooper
04-01-2008, 05:58 PM
It wasn't very hard to find around our parts, but it didn't pegwarm either.

If they did decide to re-release it, they should at least try to add extra articulation to the arms.

JediTricks
04-01-2008, 07:55 PM
I think the solution here is to resculpt one of the other existing ones rather than rerelease one that doesn't sell. I agree that Boushh is a great figure and that they should rerelease if they ever want a Leia Boushh in circulation again, but I don't think it is one that needs to be rereleased at this point.There's nothing WRONG with TSC Leia Boushh though, it's just not presented as excitingly as other figures in the line. Kids need a good Leia figure, and since this thread is about Hasbro re-releasing figures, not resculpting or physically modifying them in any manner beyond deco, that's the only answer I can give - I believe there should be an action Leia figure out there and the choices are slim, so it's the only one that can make sense to me.

Honestly, the best choice is an ANH Leia figure since it's the most iconic, but the results there are not terribly exciting.

It's worth noting and arguing that the $10 price for essentially what is a basic figure by today's standard contributed. Making this fans choice a deluxe figure didn't attribute to extra sales.Taking today's standards against that era's standards is not fair, I pointed out that Amanaman lingered for 3 years after his release (longer actually, I still occasionally see a dusty one here and there), not much in the basic line could compete with that size (and if you say "Ephant Mon", I will be forced to point out that that figure's size is what made it impossible for mass-marketing and re-release :p).

If they rereleased the figure, they'd HAVE to give him a better deco, they let the plastic do too much of the heavy lifting there.

DarkArtist
04-05-2008, 11:33 AM
I'd also like to add the following:

Battlefront II Jetpack Trooper
Battlefront II Clone Engineer

Gothiczartan
04-09-2008, 09:06 PM
endor leia from vintage figure line
han solo with carbonite from the saga collection line (carbonite repainted for ESB version before ROTJ)

Gothiczartan
04-10-2008, 05:38 AM
http://www.rebelscum.com/photo.asp?image=/TSC/TSCdeathstarBast.jpg

what about this guy? in the movie he was seen with his cap on.

I would like him to be rerelease this time with a removable cap (the same figure from the death star briefing pack)

TheDarthVader
04-16-2008, 09:43 PM
Has anyone mentioned some jedi?! List is as follows: Coleman Trebor, Depa Billaba, Yaddle, and Even Piell. YAY! (Pablo Jill was mentioned...I still need one) :(

bigbarada
04-17-2008, 11:30 AM
http://www.rebelscum.com/photo.asp?image=/TSC/TSCdeathstarBast.jpg

what about this guy? in the movie he was seen with his cap on.

I would like him to be rerelease this time with a removable cap (the same figure from the death star briefing pack)

Speaking of which, I seemed to remember hearing that Colonel Wulf Yularen was getting rereleased in the Saga Legends line, is that correct? If not, then I think him and some of the other Imperial officers from that set need to be rereleased.

jedi master sal
04-17-2008, 01:21 PM
Speaking of which, I seemed to remember hearing that Colonel Wulf Yularen was getting rereleased in the Saga Legends line, is that correct? If not, then I think him and some of the other Imperial officers from that set need to be rereleased.

Now with knee articulation....

bigbarada
04-17-2008, 01:59 PM
Now with knee articulation....

:yes: Yes, please.

Phantom-like Menace
04-25-2008, 09:16 PM
Coleman Trebor and Pablo Jill. I was able to find Jill in stores, but to this day the only Coleman Trebor I've ever seen in person I got off of eBay.

Gothiczartan
04-25-2008, 09:35 PM

he was seen with his cap on in the movie. maybe the cap from luke figure comic pack will work.