PDA

View Full Version : Oz

SithDroid
02-14-2002, 12:39 PM
I was just curious. I haven't seen a thread about this show and thought that there should be one. Does anyone else watch this show? If not, then you should. It is awesome. This next part contains SPOILERS for those of you who don't watch the show and want to, so be advised now.

Ok. So first off. I love this show.

Did everyone see last nights episode? It was awesome, as usual.
There are a few things that I would like to happen though. The red headed kid that bricked up Reverand Kluteia (his name eludes me right now), should be killed off. I hate him. He is always causing trouble and is a little brat IMO. Also Omar. I do not like this character. He is always twitching or speaking noncoherant words. I swear I can never understand a single sentence that comes out of his mouth. I'd like to see him go. Also the female corrections officer that is always having sex with O'Reilly and now Keller. I hate her and wish something would happen to her. As for that, the rest of the characters are pretty cool.

I really like Schillenger, Chris Keller, Ryan and Cyril O'Reilly, and Alvarez. I think that they make the series worth watching. I also like Kareem Siede. The narrator is also cool, although I don't quite like his character in the show.

A couple of questions that I don't understand though? Whatever happened to the Irish Bomber at the end of last season? There was no mention of him in this season, at least that I can remember. Also, where did Reverand Kluteia disappear to? Are we supposed to blieve that he has some mystical powers? I don't buy it. Anyway, does anyone else like this show?

Wolfwood319
02-14-2002, 02:05 PM
Oz is one of the few television shows I watch everytime it is on. Its the most original series on TV, IMO, and the best. Most people are turned off I think because of all the violence and male...err..uhh...prison activities.

I didn't see the last episode so I'll catch on Saturday night, but last I checked the Rev was still in the hospital bed all mangled up. As for the Irish guy, I'm not sure, I think at the very end of the last episode of last season, when his bomb was a dud, they shipped him off somewhere else.

My favorite twist this season so far was the bus accident, it made a lot more characters dangerous, IMO, less to live for, especially Schillinger. The guy who plays him will also be J. Jonah Jameson in the upcoming Spider-man movie, btw.

I hate that red head punk that leads the Christians, he should be killed off, definately. Him, and Omar, too. I don't see his point in the show.

SithDroid
02-14-2002, 06:13 PM
Well at least we agree about the red head kid and Omar. I hope you get to see the newest episodes. You will really enjoy them. Especially the last two.

Jargo
02-14-2002, 06:32 PM
Hmmm, we got season one here in the UK a while back. But they showed it so late at night that it didn't get much interest and then the morallly indignant idiot brigade complained about the adult content and they just gave up on the whole thing. Pity cuz i thought it was an excellent show. Good character studies. can't remember much about now though other than I'm pised it isn't on anymore.

GNT
02-14-2002, 11:19 PM
I thougght this thread was going to discussion about "Australia" d'oh :o and the show doesnt air here :(

Emperor Howdy
02-15-2002, 12:12 AM
Oh man, AWESOME show and I had no freakin' idea it was back on!!! I figured too many people were raising Hellothere about the show and it got canned, so...Oz gets blown up...the end. So tell me? How does the preacher get out...or how is he found?

Wolfwood319
02-15-2002, 12:17 AM
Well, being buried behind that wall saved his life. Although he aint pretty no more. He is really disfigured now and in the infirmary.

I don't see why people would have a problem with this show and not the Sopranos? I'm not a fan of the Sopranos, but everyone seems to love it. At least the criminals in Oz are already in prison. Besides, its on HBO, late at night. Why do people put up such a big fuss, its not like kids are going to be watching it.

SithDroid
02-15-2002, 12:34 PM
I think people complain about Oz because it has SO much violence in it. Plus the nudity. I still like it over the Sopranos though.

Emperor Howdy, you should start watching it again. Let me see if I can tell you what has happened so far this season. SPOILERS for this season ahead, quit reading if you don't want to know.

First off the blast destroyed the kitchen. They had to remodel it and they found Reverand Klutiea's body behind one of the walls. He is really messed up and can't talk. It is quite disgusting. The Red Headed kid tries to get someone to kill Kluteia in the hospital before he can recover and tell him that it was him. Hoyt begins seeing "visions" of Kletiea talking to him telling him to kill the Red headed kid. Hoyt stabs the Red headed kid with a cross through the chest, but he lives. Hoyt confesses to a ton of murders and is sentenced to death row. The asian preacher tells Hoyt that the red headed kid survived, so Hoyt confesses to the Warden that he was behind walling Klutiea up. The red headed kid then gets Clarence to call some arsonist on the outside and burn down the church where the preacher goes. That is that story arc.

Ryan and Cyril. Ryans REAL mother shows up in OZ vlounteering as the music coooridinator. She begins teaching the inmates some songs to perform at a variety show. The two Asian characters decide to kill Ryan, Cyril, and his mother. They pay someone else to tell Ryan and Cyril that they are going to rape their mother. Ryan then attempts to kill one of them and gets knocked down. Cyril grabs the knife and kills one of them and is sentenced to solitary until he can await trial. The guy who lied to Ryan about the rape won't confess to the warden so Ryan arranges that a little accident happens to him. He gets his arm ripped off. Now Ryan is planning on killing the other asian guy Jyas. Cyril goes to trial and sister Marie gives him a puppet to talk to so that he doesn't interupt the proceedings.

Kareem Siede pledges guilty to assaulting Schillinger and Arief. He then is made sponsor over Omar to make sure he doesn't do drugs and stays in line. Omar becomes involved in the music program and is always singing, so McManus gives Omar his own practice room. Burr Redding tells Omar that he will start helping him sell drugs through that room Siede catches him and beats him up and is sent to solitary. Siede is about to be released from solitary when he denies and says that he must find his sanity in there. (He has been going pretty psycho all season). He finally finds peace and leaves. Meanwhile the variety show happens and Omar sings with Siede supporting him.

Beecher, Schillenger, and Siede have been going to counseling to talk about the stabbing. Two new inmates are introduced into Oz. They raped a girl. One of them is sent to Schillengers area. The Arians tell him that thye will protect him, but for a price. He becomes their love slave and they make him dress up in make-up and ponytails. The other guy is sent to live with Beecher because he knew the kid when he was growing up. The Arians want the kid and the Sicilians help protect him because Schillenger attacked Pencamo, who is in the hospital fighting a staff infection. The guy who is dressing like a girl tells the other guy that Beecher is gay and he becomes homophobic of Beecher and begins calling him names and at one point hits him. Chris Keller returns to Oz because they found out that he didn't kill Schillengers son, and that Pencamo was responsible. Hence why the Arains are now against the Sicilians and why Pencamo got stabbed. Schillenger arranges a way that Beecher can see Keller because he is being held in protective custody. Schillenger wants the other boy and says that if Beecher gives him to him, then he can see Keller by coimg to work for him in the mail room that way he could deliver the mail to Keller. Beecher decides to give Schillenger the guy that no longer likes him because he has become a pain in his a**. The boy gets transferred to Schillengers wing where he ends up getting raped by all the Arians. Also one of the other Sicilians gets raped by Arief, Schillenger, and somone else because the was raped by Adabissi.

The narrator guy begins doing heroin again because a bus crash on the way to the prison at the beginning of the season killed his mother, the main mexican's sister, and Schillengers Daughter in Law. He then has an overdose and is sent to the hospital. Redding decides to find and kill the person who gave him the drugs. The guy with dreads gave it to him, but sets up one of the sicilians and they arrange for him to have an overdose of LSD by putting it in his food because Redding now controls the cafeteria instead of the sicilians.

One of the Jewish guys finds out his grandson is going to die due to some disease. He says that he is going to try to win the lottery to help save his grandson by using themoney for the research to save him. He gives the numbers to the guard who got his ankle cut. The guard palces the bet for him. The guy who cut his ankle throws puke, blood, and urine in his face and he is sent to the hospital to check for diseases. The lotery time comes around and the numbers are the winning ones. The guard takes off with the ticket, quits his job, and leaves the jewish guy with nothing.

Alvarez is let out of solitary and signs up to help train seeing eye dogs because he feels bad about blinding the officer. He also asks one of the main mexican guys to shank him in the shoulder. He does and barely misses his heart. He asked him to do this that way if anything ever happened to him, he would have witnesses to come forward and point him out as a suspect.

McManus's ex-wife now works with Oz to help turnit around.

Whew. Hopefully I remembered everything. Hope this helps. If I forgot anything, I'm sorry.

Wolfwood319
02-20-2002, 12:17 AM
Next week is the season finale, my question is; "Who do you think will die, and what else will happen?"

There haven't been as many conflicts this season, but that doesn't mean there isn't going to be the usual "shocker" finale.

SithDroid
02-20-2002, 02:24 PM
Well, looking at the scenes from next week, it looks like Redding might get killed, but then again it will probably be someone else. I don't think they are going to kill off Cyril. I hope the female corrections officer that beat up Keller gets it. I am tired of her having sex with everyone and being so corrupt. The narrator won't get killed off because he is a huge part of the show. Neither will Schillenger. I'd like to see Beecher get it. I have never really cared for him. Oh well, guess we'll have to wait and see.

Wolfwood319
02-21-2002, 02:35 AM
I've always thought of Beecher as the "main character," if you consider the show to have one.

I also think that McManas may get at least seriously injured. Just a thought...

JEDIpartner
02-21-2002, 11:04 AM
During the 17.02 episode...

I'm not overly crazy about this season. It just seems like it's payback after payback after payback. Getting a little old. Some of the seconday storylines are a little more interesting. I still like the show for the most part, but I would like to see something a little ditfferent happening than the same old "who did what to whom and let's get some other person wrapped up in it to kill him thing".

SithDroid
02-24-2002, 11:31 PM
OK, so did anyone see the final episode tonight? It was pretty good. SPOILERS ahead.

Man, what a strange episode. I wonder if Robson will get let back into the Brotherhood? Also Augustus getting killed, that was a surprise. Who will be the narrator from now on? I liked his role as the narrator and I believe that it will be a hard role to replace. If you notice almost all the main characters this episode either ended up in solitary or on death row. I wonder what will happen to Beecher next season now that he ratted on Schillenger. Alvarez didn't deserve to be talked to the way the parol board talked to him. He has really turned himself around the last year and deserved a shot. The only thing I didn't like about this episode was right after Alex Jr. dies Officer Brass shows up and says "Hey I'm going to give the money to Riebadaud for his grandson." Stupid writing IMO and the only reason they did that was so that no one would wonder what happened to Officer Brass. Hopefully the Reverand Klutiea issue will be resolved next season. I don't like how he "mystically" disappeared. Oh well, I guess we'll have to wait till next season to see.

Wolfwood319
02-24-2002, 11:51 PM
This season's finale really didn't end any major plot threads. The only thing it did have was the surprise death of Augustus, which I'm not really sure why. The only thing it had was shock value, no one was out to get him.

They bring back Keller, only to have him on death row. Cyril is sentenced to death, but then that plot thread just hangs there as they try to bring public awareness to him. Is he just going to be on death row with Keller next season.

Beecher, Schillinger, Said, Redding, and Morales really didn't do that much this season.

All in all, this season was decent, but a lot of storylines still going. Most of the storylines that started last season are still unresolved, while all the new storylines presented this season were subpar, and resolved quickly.

SithDroid
02-25-2002, 12:18 AM
Some of the episodes this season were pretty good. The season finale was nothing special though. What I am still wondering about is what ever happened to the irish bomber at the end of last season? They never told what happened to him. I want to know. He obviously wasn't in Oz this season, so where was he?