PDA

View Full Version : Sculpting a Galaxy: Inside the Star Wars Model Shop

JediGoofy
04-02-2008, 01:43 PM
I know this is the wrong forum to post this thread, but I usually do not travel outside the MM safe harbor (maybe I can go up to the LEGO section, but not more distant :) ), so I am posting here my dilemma because you are interested in the SW vehicles like me and maybe you can help me. :yes:

I just received from Amazon "Sculpting a Galaxy". The book is wonderful, big, glossy pictures full of details with very interesting notes about the models and their history. A dream come true! :D

But ... the binding is terrible! :sad:
I just leafed through the book once, placing it on a flat surface, and the instalments are already almost coming off! :cry:

The other book "Dressing a Galaxy" is the same size and binding and does not have any problem.

Now I would like to know from the people owning this book if they have this problem too, or if it is a known problem, or if this is a problem just for my copy of the book. :cross-eye
And do you think it can be the case to ask for a replacement to Amazon?

Thank you for your help and your advice. :)

Ciao,
JediGoofy

ascmclarencoupe
04-08-2008, 01:35 PM
I know this is the wrong forum to post this thread, but I usually do not travel outside the MM safe harbor (maybe I can go up to the LEGO section, but not more distant :) ), so I am posting here my dilemma because you are interested in the SW vehicles like me and maybe you can help me. :yes:

I just received from Amazon "Sculpting a Galaxy". The book is wonderful, big, glossy pictures full of details with very interesting notes about the models and their history. A dream come true! :D

But ... the binding is terrible! :sad:
I just leafed through the book once, placing it on a flat surface, and the instalments are already almost coming off! :cry:

The other book "Dressing a Galaxy" is the same size and binding and does not have any problem.

Now I would like to know from the people owning this book if they have this problem too, or if it is a known problem, or if this is a problem just for my copy of the book. :cross-eye
And do you think it can be the case to ask for a replacement to Amazon?

Thank you for your help and your advice. :)

Ciao,
JediGoofy

I ordered mine online from Barnes & Noble and I had the exact same issue. I filled out the return slip that came with order stating that the binding was defective and sent it back.
In less than 2 weeks I received a replacement in the mail.

The second one was significantly better than the first, however it definitely is a fragile design in my opinion.

My 6 year old loves to look at my Star Wars books and I have taught him to be very carefull with them, but because of the binding of this particular book, we look at it together very carefully.

Brent

Deoxyribonucleic
04-08-2008, 07:09 PM
I have the version that came in the clamshell box with the landspeeder, death star and falcon models and I've never had any problems. But I think it is bound very differently than the version that comes just as a hardcover book.

I would definitely contact Amazon. They are very good at returns, especially if you just want a replacement.

JediGoofy
04-09-2008, 04:19 AM
I ordered mine online from Barnes & Noble and I had the exact same issue.
Argh! This is what I was afraid of! :(

I will try the return to Amazon (I hope living in Europe is not a problem :o ).

I have the version that came in the clamshell box with the landspeeder, death star and falcon models and I've never had any problems.

Wow! :shocked: I never saw that edition. How were the models? Which scale? Which manifacturer? Were they made expressly for that edition? (do you see how much I envy you? :D )

Ciao,
JediGoofy