PDA

View Full Version : SA 501st question

pegger
04-02-2008, 06:14 PM
Has the SA version of the 501st been released yet? Has anyone seen it? Does anyone know what case assortment it's coming out with?

Snowtrooper
04-02-2008, 06:48 PM
Its been out for a little while. I found two at Wal-Mart around 3 weeks ago. People who have ordered off of HTS reported getting it, but you'd be taking your chances there since they are still shipping out both types.

I also found the clean sandtroopers which are supposed to be shipping with the SA 501st.

Thunderbird
04-02-2008, 08:58 PM
These have been shipping for a while. I've found them at TRU and Wal Mart. Also the Evolutions Sandtrooper is shipping. These both started showing up about the same time as the new Pit Droids.

bigbarada
04-02-2008, 09:30 PM
I've been seeing these in Wal-Mart for a few weeks now.

figrin bran
04-02-2008, 10:02 PM
I have 12 of these already and could've had 20 if I so desired.

There is one assortment of Saga Legends where they come 3 per case so hopefully you'll find yours soon.

Mad Slanted Powers
04-02-2008, 10:47 PM
I kept passing up 501st figures thinking they were the other mold. I still wasn't sure when I was looking at the ones I got. The glare on the bubble made it hard to see the shoulder joint. The way the arms were posed made it look like the AT-TE gunner mold. However, it looked like it might be the SA one so I got one and I was right. I got one more since then.

Maradona
04-02-2008, 10:57 PM
Not only are these plentiful in my area, but they are also on HTS. I ordered 3 from them about 2 weeks ago and got them last friday. I've read, however, that some have received the old Tank Gunner mold.

figrin bran
04-02-2008, 11:12 PM
I kept passing up 501st figures thinking they were the other mold. I still wasn't sure when I was looking at the ones I got. The glare on the bubble made it hard to see the shoulder joint. The way the arms were posed made it look like the AT-TE gunner mold. However, it looked like it might be the SA one so I got one and I was right. I got one more since then.

The easiest way, to me, is to look at the midsection. If it's fused together, it's Tank Gunner.

Unfortunately, I ordered 2 from HTS recently and got the Tank Gunner mold.

Sinscia Fat'o
04-03-2008, 11:42 AM
I seen these around the time the 08 wave 1 started shipping. I have passed on these a lot, though i did snag one clean sand trooper.

Dark Marble
04-03-2008, 11:42 AM
Also just turn the card to see underneath the helmet. If there is a flesh colored chin it is the tank gunner mold. The SA version does not have a removable helmet.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
04-03-2008, 04:21 PM
Also, be on the lookout for fakes, as I have encountered several (Dark Marble has too, as we go to the same stores). People have been putting the quick-draw mold from the 2005 Jedi Temple Assault Battle Pack on the card and keeping the SA ones for themselves. So make sure your guy has waist articulation (look out for people who switched it with Commander Appo while you're at it, though I doubt that would happen as they're the same mold but with different deco).

El Chuxter
04-03-2008, 04:31 PM
Why would anyone do that? I'd be more likely to find a K-Mart that still has the Jedi Temple Assault set, buy the SA 501st, switch them into the battlepack, and return that to K-Mart.

Sorry, I still think the SA mold blows goats compared to the quick-draw version. No one will ever convince me otherwise.

bigbarada
04-03-2008, 04:39 PM
Why would anyone do that? I'd be more likely to find a K-Mart that still has the Jedi Temple Assault set, buy the SA 501st, switch them into the battlepack, and return that to K-Mart.

Sorry, I still think the SA mold blows goats compared to the quick-draw version. No one will ever convince me otherwise.

Someone around the St. Louis area has been going around and buying up the Tantive IV BPs and returning them with the 1995 POTF2 Stormtroopers in place of the SA Stormtrooopers from that set.

I think one of the comic packs had the Republic Commando swapped out with a POTF2 Stormtrooper as well.

El Chuxter
04-03-2008, 05:33 PM
I saw a Republic Commando comic pack with the Commando switched for a 1995 Han Solo recently. WTF? It's like the dude wasn't even trying. And the cashier who took it back should've been fired. That's not some minor mixup there--you can't mistake a guy who's identified on the package as wearing full-body armor with Han Solo.

Mad Slanted Powers
04-03-2008, 07:25 PM
Also just turn the card to see underneath the helmet. If there is a flesh colored chin it is the tank gunner mold. The SA version does not have a removable helmet.
That may have been how I decided to get it, because it looked like it wasn't a removable helmet. It seems like even that was hard to tell.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
04-03-2008, 08:19 PM

When I finally saw the Jedi Temple Battle Pack, some dick had replaced the 501st troopers with Clone Pilots. I wonder if it was the same guy who has been doing it more recently. I've seen it a fair number of times with other clones, too, but nothing too bizarre or really noticeable to anyone other than a collector.

Jedi_Kal-El
04-04-2008, 09:23 AM
I see alot of that switching out of figures. Especially at my local Target. Probably the same guy doing it too. I saw a Episode 2 tin set that had all the tin figures removed and a Holo Ki-Adi Mundi, and Sora Bulq(cards cut down to size)in the tin in place of the actual figures. Happens all the time even though I've warned them to the fact.