PDA

View Full Version : (And for 3 of us) Battlestar Galactica Titanium Series 3" Variant UPDATE- 4/2/08

Warstar
04-02-2008, 08:29 PM
Here's the definitive list of the 3" Battlestar Galactica Titaniums as of 4/2/08.

This list covers The Battlestar Galactica Titaniums released since the Hasbro Titanium Series MASS RETAIL Wave 6. At this time, I do not have a complete Retro-List of the Hasbro Titanium Series MASS RETAIL Waves the ships were released in, but this information may be added at a later date.

Any help with this list would be appreciated!

I am not listing Wave Revisions, though new ships might be released in those revisions- keep that in mind!

If I miss anything, let me know :) This will be ordered for the Titanium Series in their respective order of release.

The words "CLASSIC logo" or "NEW logo" refer to the font style of the molded words "Battlestar Galactica" on the base stands of the ships. The "CLASSIC" style features the original 1970's font/lettering of the words "Battlestar Galactica" while the "NEW" style refers to the 2004 "Re-imagined" font style/lettering of the words "Battlestar Galactica." The variation in the fonts is very obvious when the stands are side-by-side.

The paint lines at the end of the variations refer to the color of the words "Battlestar Galactica" on the stands, which are all Rainbow Silver to date.

THIS LIST IS IN ORDER OF RELEASE (In the future the HASBRO SHIPPING WAVE number where a mold first shipped out may be added)

The numbers correspond with the variations below, and the numbers "**." indicate that the ship mold mentioned was either released in a previous wave or is a repaint of another ship from another wave.

Starting with...

MASS RETAIL WAVE 6 (May, 2006- EVERYWHERE- RETAIL Packaging 6 Ships)

1. Battlestar Galactica 2004 TV Series Version w/Light Gray and Purple Coloration
2. Colonial Viper Mark II 2004 TV Series Version w/Red and White Coloration
3. Colonial Viper Mark VII 2004 TV Series Version w/Blue and Silver Coloration
4. Colonial One 2004 TV Series Version w/Blue and White Coloration
5. Colonial Raptor 2004 TV Series Version w/Light Tan Coloration
6. Cylon Raider 2004 TV Series Version w/Black and Dark Purple Coloration

Then...

MASS RETAIL WAVE ?? (Fall, 2006(?)- EVERYWHERE- RETAIL Packaging 2 Ships)

**. Cylon Raider 2004 TV Series Version "Scar" with light Purple and Light Gray/Black Coloration
7. Battlestar Pegasus 2004 TV Series Version w/Light Gray and Purple Coloration

2007 WAVE ?? (Spring, 2007(?)- EVERYWHERE- RETAIL Packaging 2 Ships)

8. Colonial Viper (aka Viper Mark I) 1978 TV Series Version Gray with Orange Stripes
9. Cylon Raider 1978 TV Series Version w/Gray and Black Coloration

2007 WAVE ?? (Late Summer, 2007- EVERYWHERE- RETAIL Packaging 2 Ships)

**. Colonial Viper Mark II 2004 TV Series Version w/Black and Blue Coloration
**. Colonial Viper Mark VII 2004 TV Series Version w/Red and White Coloration

2008 WAVE 1 (AKA MASS RETAIL WAVE 22- January, 2008- EVERYWHERE- RETAIL Packaging 1 Ship)

10. Battlestar Galactica 1978 TV Series Version w/Gray and Black Coloration

2007 SAN DIEGO COMIC CON EXCLUSIVE 3-PACK (Early Summer, 2007)

**. Battlestar Galactica 2004 TV Series Version w/Black and Dark Gray Coloration
**. Colonial Viper Mark II 2004 TV Series Version w/"Captain Apollo" lettering and Red/White Coloration
**. Colonial Raptor 2004 TV Series Version w/Dark Brown ("Olive") Coloration

2008 Wave 4 (MASS RETAIL WAVE 25- June, 2008- EVERYWHERE- RETAIL Packaging 1 Ship)

11. Cyclon Basestar 2004 TV Series Version Silver

(1) Battlestar Galactica 2004 TV Series Version

-Titanium Single Pack Wave 6 MASS RETAIL Edition- Light Gray coloration with light Purple. NEW logo; Black Stand Rainbow Silver Paint

-SDCC EXCLUSIVE 3-PACK Edition- Black coloration with Dark gray. NEW logo; Black Stand Rainbow Silver Paint

(2) Colonial Viper Mark II 2004 TV Series Version

-Titanium Single Pack Wave 6 MASS RETAIL Edition*- Red and White coloration. Vague/non-detailed Black "writing" on ship sides and wings- "1104NC" near top Center Fin- NEW logo; Black Stand Rainbow Silver Paint. *NOTE: Ship is MIS-IDENTIFIED as "VIPER MARK VII" on the package writing!

-Titanium Single Pack Wave ?? MASS RETAIL Edition*- Black and Blue coloration. Detailed Silver "writing" on ship sides and wings with "CPT LEE ADAMA- APOLLO" on sides- "0223NC" near top Center Fin- NEW logo; Black Stand Rainbow Silver Paint. *NOTE: ship is CORRECTLY IDENTIFIED as "VIPER MARK II" on the package writing!

-SDCC EXCLUSIVE 3-PACK Edition- Red and White coloration. Detailed Black "writing" on ship sides and wings with "CPT LEE ADAMA- APOLLO" on sides- "0223NC" near top Center Fin- NEW logo; Black Stand Rainbow Silver Paint

(3) Colonial Viper Mark VII 2004 TV Series Version

-Titanium Single Pack Wave 6 MASS RETAIL Edition- Dark and light Blue coloration with Silver highlights. NEW logo; Black Stand Rainbow Silver Paint

-Titanium Single Pack Wave ?? MASS RETAIL Edition- Red and White coloration with Black(?) highlights. NEW logo; Black Stand Rainbow Silver Paint

(4) Colonial One 2004 TV Series Version

-Titanium Single Pack Wave 6 MASS RETAIL Edition- Blue and White coloration with Brown highlights. NEW logo; Black Stand Rainbow Silver Paint

(5) Colonial Raptor 2004 TV Series Version

-Titanium Single Pack Wave 6 MASS RETAIL Edition- Light Tan with Darker Gray highlights. NEW logo; Black Stand Rainbow Silver Paint

-SDCC EXCLUSIVE 3-PACK Edition- Dark Brown with Darker Gray highlights. Ship almost appears "Olive" in coloration- NEW logo; Black Stand Rainbow Silver Paint

(6) Cylon 2004 TV Series Version

-Titanium Single Pack Wave 6 MASS RETAIL Edition- Black with Dark Purple highlights. Green Cyclon Logo on sides- NEW logo; Black Stand Rainbow Silver Paint

-Titanium Single Pack Wave ?? MASS RETAIL Edition- Ship called "Scar" on packaging- Light Purple with Darker Gray highlights. Red Cylon "Eye" with Silver Details around front center pylon on the ship- NEW logo; Black Stand Rainbow Silver Paint

(7) Battlestar Pegasus 2004 TV Series Version

-Titanium Single Pack Wave ?? MASS RETAIL Edition- Light Gray coloration with light Purple. NEW logo; Black Stand Rainbow Silver Paint

(8) Colonial Viper 1978 TV Series Version (aka Viper Mark 1)

-Titanium Single Pack Wave ?? MASS RETAIL Edition- Light Gray with Orange Stripes. NO BLACK DETAILING PAINT IN PANEL LINES- Gold Guns- CLASSIC logo; Black Stand Rainbow Silver Paint

-Titanium Single Pack Wave ?? MASS RETAIL Edition- Light Gray with Orange Stripes. BLACK DETAILING PAINT IN PANEL LINES- Gold Guns- CLASSIC logo; Black Stand Rainbow Silver Paint

-Titanium Single Pack Wave ?? MASS RETAIL Edition- Light Gray with Orange Stripes. BLACK DETAILING PAINT IN PANEL LINES- Gold Guns- NEW logo; Black Stand Rainbow Silver Paint

(9) Cylon Raider 1978 TV Series Version

-Titanium Single Pack Wave ?? MASS RETAIL Edition- Light Gray with Black markings- CLASSIC logo; Black Stand Rainbow Silver Paint

(10) Battlestar Galactica 1978 TV Series Version

-Titanium Single Pack 2008 Wave 1 MASS RETAIL Edition- Gray with Black markings- CLASSIC logo; Black Stand Rainbow Silver Paint

NOTE: ALL RELEASED SHIPS HAVE THE SMALL NOSE PIECE POSITIONED UPSIDE DOWN ON THE FRONT OF THE CLASSIC GALACTICA IN PACKAGE- A CORRECTED VERSION HAS YET TO BE SEEN (As of 4/2/08)

(11) Cylon Basestar 2004 TV Series Version Silver

-Titanium Single Pack 2008 Wave 4 MASS RETAIL Edition- Silver Paint NEW logo(?); Black Stand Rainbow Silver Paint

The ULTRA TITANIUM checklist OFFICIALLY lists the following ship:

1. Battlestar Galactica 2004 modern version

...and that's it. Darn.

The Titanium LISTED 3 3/4" Scale Figures include (MAY or MAY NOT have Regular Color and "Vintage" Silver Paint version):

RELEASED 1. Cylon Warrior- 2004 modern version- Regular Color Scheme (Silver, Red Eye)

Enjoy :)

Darth Duranium
04-04-2008, 06:56 AM
There's also another new Viper Mk VII which has "clean" grey paint, BSG logos below the cockpit, and more lettering and detailing... new and improved. I think it's part of 2008 Wave 2... I just got it a few weeks back.

Curiously enough, the wave said it was coming with a Mk VII but EE incorrectly shows a pic of a Mk II with the wave... previously EE just showed a black viper-shaped blob. Someone called it the super-stealth version or sumthin'...

And Warstar, thanks for the lists. Maybe I can help figure out the first waves... I got 'em all. Can't see much missing...

Blue2th
04-04-2008, 09:49 AM
Damn, I had a chance to get that MK VII at HTS, but passed because I thought it was the same blue-gray one. :ninja: Is the new one more of a regular gray with no blue-purple in it DT? Hopefully I'll find it at retail.

A couple of notes I might add:

The 1978 Galactica though gray is almost near white with red trim markings (don't see any black at all) (i've only found one of these)

The 1978 and "Razor" episode Cylon Raider has two versions: A dirty one with a dark gray wash all over it almost battle-damaged, and I beleive which is the most recent one is a clean gray, and you can see more detail of the fuselage panels.

Think I'm going to order the SDCC 3-pack if it's still available at HTS. Last time I checked a couple of days ago it was.

Darth Duranium
04-05-2008, 01:13 AM
Blue2th, here ya go. Yeah, I guess the new one is less purple... a little more gunmetal blue. Check it out next to the others...
I still dislike the white one...

Darth Duranium
04-05-2008, 01:22 AM
Here's my frakked up SDCC Viper Mk II... anyone else get one like this? I kinda like it, all the same. Is it worth sending a pic to Hasbro and trying to get a non-frakked one for free? Any guidance welcome...

Darth Duranium
04-05-2008, 01:36 AM
Thought youzes might like to see a head-to-head comparison of the Konami and TS classic Battlestars.

Gotta give the Golden Flying Frakk award to the Konami... no metal but much more accurate... has even got the ship's name on the hull. Crap stand, though.

Maybe I should photograph the Raider Mk I's and the Viper Mk I's.... the TS Raider is the only one where Hasbro wins, IMHO.

BTW, I'm fairly sure that the Guardian Raiders we see in "Razor" are modified from the classic series'... they're slightly altered. The classic Colonial Shuttles in Razor are a little bit different than in the old series, too. Pretty close, though.

Saw the new episode tonight... great as always!

Blue2th
04-05-2008, 01:09 PM
Blue2th, here ya go. Yeah, I guess the new one is less purple... a little more gunmetal blue. Check it out next to the others...
I still dislike the white one...

Thanks for the pics DT.

Yup, I can see a little difference in color. Not that much difference though, just less wear'n'tear look. I like that they put "Galactica" on there. Those BSG insignias remind me of the Star Wars Rebel Alliance emblems.

I also still dislike the white MK VII.

I went ahead and ordered the SDCC three pack yesterday, after reading Warstar's list. There's enough of a difference in each to justify them in my mind. I especially want Lee Adama's MK II.

I can't believe the difference in the original Galactica's engines compared to the Konami one. Who's getting it wrong here?

JediTricks
04-06-2008, 05:42 PM
Hmm, I'm not really in love with that new Mk 7 but I am gonna get it for the markings, the first version is pretty lame and the white version disappoints worse and worse every time I see it.

Konami did a really nice job except, as mentioned, with the engine. Hasbro's engine design is better, but the head design is so awful while Konami nailed it.

Darth Duranium
04-06-2008, 06:09 PM
Yeah, the Konami BSG's pretty good... especially the flight pods. I'd agree that Hasbro's arse-end is better.

Here's some more side-by-sides of BSG ships.

The first one's a resin BSG with the TS Ultra BSG and a mini TS Pegasus.

Darth Duranium
04-06-2008, 06:20 PM
Continued BSG ships... enjoy. See pic names for details, if you're not sure which is which.

Warstar
04-09-2008, 07:33 PM
WOW- I hadn't seen that Mark VII with Insignias yet- cool thing is I just ordered 2008 Wave 2 from EE 'cause they sent me a $15 discount coupon so I am paying $5.83 a ship with shipping in the end- and they'll have 2 of all the new SW ones and 2 of these new Vipers so AWESOME! :D

Happy find!

I actually took apart my Titanium Series 1978 Galactica and turned the turned-up nose piece upside down. I can't STAND the "underbite" the original shipped version has and I can't see how Hasbro's QA let is pass like this!

Otherwise, the 1978 Galactica also has varying amounts of black speckling on it, but all of them do have it- some heavier than others. I tend to gravitate towards the ones with fewer speckles.

While I actually LIKE the White Mark VII color scheme, the details do, indeed, suck. Wish they'd do it right.

ACK! Missing red stripe indeed is frakked up on that SDCC one. It's kinda cool though- maybe the Chief had to use a spare wing or somethin' :D

Blue2th
04-09-2008, 10:47 PM
Continued BSG ships... enjoy. See pic names for details, if you're not sure which is which.
There is quite a difference in the color of that Raptor. It's olive green compared to the tan one. Kind of a cool color though. Reminds me of the Raptor pilot's uniform. I wouldn't mind having a few more of these to mix up the squadron.

I think a battle-damaged Galactica would have been better, but I'll settle for a "stealth" version.

I see the sloppy stripes on the SDCC MKII, but I still want all three of these.

I really like that Basestar. I'm Going to have to check out those Konami BSG's.

Thanks for the comparison pics. :thumbsup:

Warstar
04-09-2008, 11:00 PM
One other thing real quick-

The Classic Raider designs in the new Galactica Series are more different than you think. They are more angular and "sleek," so to speak.

On another note, I'm hoping we see a Cylon Heavy Raider in the Titanium Series soon to complement the Colonial Raptor (HINT HINT HASBRO!) lol

Darth Duranium
04-10-2008, 10:26 PM
Thanks for the kind words, fellas... it's nice to know that the pics are appreciated.

I just built a new 15-shelf 6x6' shelving unit to hold my TS-scale ships... so they're all gettin' moved soon anyway. Moving them's gonna be quite a mission, but it'll be a great excuse to play with 'em, hehehe.

Warstar, I agree that the Razor Raiders (Mk. II's) are more angular but they're still pretty close to the Mk. I's from the OS... certainly nothing like the Mk. III's from the new show. Check out the pics from Razor. I especially like their extra maneuvering jets.

I'd love a TS Heavy Raider too... wasn't one rumoured a on a list a couple of years ago? More Raptors would be nice, too.

Sweet deal on the TS stuff, dude... I got lucky on eBay and got all of Wave 2 for $6.50 + $8 shipping! Freakish. The Force is/Gods are strong with us.

I picked up a TS scale resin OS BSG Shuttle for $5 on eBay recently... I'll get around to painting it someday. Along with about 5 others... including a Moviecan ship and a Colonial Movers ship. Someday...

Great frakkin' idea to flip the nosepiece on the OS BSG! I did the same...see pic. I just twisted it off and glued it... gotta say it looked pretty good without it on there at all...

Regarding my frakked SDCC Viper, yeah I guess the Chief was busy smackin' Callie around, instead of painting my ship. Still, I do like it, warts and all.

Darth Duranium
04-10-2008, 10:35 PM
Regarding the BSG arse question, here's all the evidence we'll ever need...the original model. It looks like we were all wrong and Konami nailed that, too. The landing bays are kewl, too. Check it out...

JediTricks
04-11-2008, 12:18 AM
The details are better on the Konami engine, but the scale is better with Hasbro's.

Darth Duranium
04-14-2008, 04:32 PM
Hey Warstar,

For BSG Wave info, check out:

http://www.jedidefender.com/checklists/otherhasbro/titaniumchronoprint.php

Hope it helps... it includes the BSG ships in light detail.

As for BSG ships in Titanium scale (that ain't Titanium), there ain't much.

Discounting the lame diecast "Galactic Cruiser" toys from the 70's and the gaming miniatures, there's only the Konami line which covers ships exclusively from the classic series:

Cylon Basestar
Cylon Raider
Colonial Viper
Battlestar Galactica
Battlestar Atlantia (chase ship)
Battlestar Pegasus (chase ship)

Good luck on not getting hosed for those last 2.

There are a few Konami figures from the set but I'll skip 'em.

Some kewl minis at:

http://www.ravenstarstudios.com/bsg/index.php

http://armouryhobbies.com/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=2&zenid=1556700f019f1e5c6a5f2f4d5d67e2c9

http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Meteor/4155/recent/brandnew.html

I want a TS Battlestar Valkyrie... pic below. How kewl would that be?

Plus the resin BSG I've got that's Ultra scale.
That's all I know.

Regarding the TS vs Konami arse debate, I'd say that TS did indeed get the general scale better, but the flight pods are too skinny and almost all of the details are way off. Too much red paint doesn't help...

Konami's detail and colour are great but its arse needs to be widened out, wider... like Oprah's. This would fix most of the scale issues. They must have run out of resin at the plant. IMHO, it's vastly superior and looks maxons better on the shelf...

kirby3531
04-23-2008, 09:14 AM
I just found this forum and I gotta say I LOVE this thread! Finally, some folks who like the BSG ships as much as I do. Special thanks for all of the comparison pics!

[...]
I'd love a TS Heavy Raider too... wasn't one rumoured a on a list a couple of years ago?
[...]

Since I watched the first three seasons again and saw some really sweet views of the heavy raider, I have been itchin for a titanium heavy raider.

Regarding that, check this out from an 04/07/07 RebelScum interview (sorry, but I can't post the link until I have 10 posts on this board):

Rebelscum: Thanks for producing the amazing Battlestar Galactica Titanium starships. Just wondering if you would ever consider producing an Ultra Battlestar Pegasus, the Blackbird Stealth Ship, the Cylon Heavy Raider, a Cylon Basestar, classic Battlestar Galactica or Cylon Base Ship, or any of the ships seen in the fleet?

Hasbro: Two of those (Classic Galactica and Cylon Heavy Raider) are in development for 2008. The Ultra will not come out, unless it becomes part of a future exclusive, because demand for the Ultra line was much softer than anticipated. The other two are probably not likely to happen due to the complexity of production for our price point.

Looks like we might just get our wish later this year. :)

Blue2th
04-23-2008, 10:44 AM
I just found this forum and I gotta say I LOVE this thread! Finally, some folks who like the BSG ships as much as I do. Special thanks for all of the comparison pics!

Since I watched the first three seasons again and saw some really sweet views of the heavy raider, I have been itchin for a titanium heavy raider.

Regarding that, check this out from an 04/07/07 RebelScum interview (sorry, but I can't post the link until I have 10 posts on this board):

Rebelscum: Thanks for producing the amazing Battlestar Galactica Titanium starships. Just wondering if you would ever consider producing an Ultra Battlestar Pegasus, the Blackbird Stealth Ship, the Cylon Heavy Raider, a Cylon Basestar, classic Battlestar Galactica or Cylon Base Ship, or any of the ships seen in the fleet?

Hasbro: Two of those (Classic Galactica and Cylon Heavy Raider) are in development for 2008. The Ultra will not come out, unless it becomes part of a future exclusive, because demand for the Ultra line was much softer than anticipated. The other two are probably not likely to happen due to the complexity of production for our price point.

Looks like we might just get our wish later this year. :)
Welcome Kirby!

That's good news concerning the Heavy Raider :thumbsup:
We know we're getting the modern Basestar, and the vintage Galactica already came out, though for a very short run (I only found one)
Still like to see the Stealth ship also.

Darth Duranium
04-24-2008, 06:33 PM
Hey Kirby!

Welcome to the muthafrakking gang, ya frakking frak! Always kewl to talk to another BSG TS fan. Well chuffed that you liked the comparison pics. Warstar's mega-lists rock, too.

I agree..the BSG ships are among Hasbro's best, Titanium-wise anyway. I wish Hasbro/WOTC would do a Starship Battles-style set of larger BSG miniatures... it'd be a quick way to get the proverbial "ragtag" fleet, eh?

The year-old post from RS shows us that Hasbro is somewhat schizoid/negligent re: the Titaniums. Thanks...this must have been the post I remembered.

On one hand, they say we're not going to get a new Cylon Basestar (H:"...probably not likely to happen due to the complexity of production for our price point.") I'm stoked that they reconsidered (it's in the next wave)... a few folks here wanna take credit! I'm down with that, homeslice.:thumbsup:

On the other hand, still no frakkin' Heavy Raider yet announced for 2008.

It's weird that there's so few TS moulds/tools cuz there's really not that many ships in the BSG universe, compared to SW and ST. Far fewer ships. And they sell like daggit-filled hotcakes.

Mmmmm. Nummy.

We've never seen a non-CGI Heavy Raider up close on the show, though. Then again, that's true of many other ships, too.

H:The Ultra will not come out...
Sounds like there's already a TS Ultra tool for the Pegasus and I'd guess there are protos and test shots. Anyone ever see a pic? Please post!

I would have thought that some retailer like EE would pick up on "Razor" and do an Ultra Pegasus exclusive but frak, this didn't seem to happen.

Hasbro seems to treat the Titanium Series as an afterthought a lot of the time... look at Toyfair this year!

Worse still, they seem to treat the BSG line as an even vaguer notion of an afterthought. Lately, it's like Hasbro saying: Ah frakk, slap some repaints together quick! We gotta get some sort of half-arsed wave in the mail.

The newer BSG repaints are better than their originals, though. Except for that cursed white Mk VII...hehehe

Now for the iconic Resurrection ship, a BSV, and all the others...
I hope we see the Heavy Raider this year... I'll put it next to my Outrider.

kirby3531
04-29-2008, 01:25 PM
Thanks for the welcome, folks! Nice to know I'm welcome somewhere. *grin*

Darth,

I've got to agree with ya; Hasbro is definitely schizoid when it comes to the BSG Titaniums.

While they are probably some of the best frakkin' products from Hasbro, the BSG titaniums have the worst frakking marketing of any of Hasbro's products.

There are (at least) three Hasbro sites for the titaniums, and none of them has an accurate list. Frak, but the 'official' titanium site only shows 6 BSG titaniums (3") when we all know there are 17!!

They are probably wondering why stores aren't stocking them; we've all heard the rumors of store managers holding the BSGs or even returning them. Well, why should anyone be suprised? Has ANYONE trolling this board seen any kind of advertising for the titaniums? Frak, but a high-school dropout could tell you that even one titanium ad run during any episode of BSG would send demand through the roof, thus ensuring stores actually stock their shelves.

*stepping down* Sorry, got up on my soapbox again.

While I don't like the white/red Mk VII, I don't mind the repaints as long as they actually make a new mold now and then and keep the titaniums coming.

Speaking of new molds, here's my wish list (most to least-wanted):

Heavy Raider
Blackbird
ToS BaseStar
Demetrius
Ultra Pegasus (only if in the same scale as the Ultra Galactica!)
Hybrid BaseStar from Razor
several of the more noticable civilian ships
Resurrection Ship

Gang, what's your BSG titanium wish list look like?

Blue2th
04-29-2008, 01:58 PM
Speaking of new molds, here's my wish list (most to least-wanted):

Heavy Raider
Blackbird
ToS BaseStar
Demetrius
Ultra Pegasus (only if in the same scale as the Ultra Galactica!)
Hybrid BaseStar from Razor
several of the more noticable civilian ships
Resurrection Ship

Gang, what's your BSG titanium wish list look like?
Other than maybe the original series Shuttle, your list would be my list :thumbsup:

Darth Duranium
04-29-2008, 06:24 PM
Hey Kirby,

Always welcome. Soapboxes are also welcome but always be prepared to be pelted with rotten algae snacks.

I'm fairly new to the SSG/posting scene (collector for ages, though) too but I've really enjoyed the peeps here... never seen the flame wars or nastiness of the other sites. A lot of good info, too.

Yup, Hasbro's got a really dumbass marketing strategy... I live in a city of millions and there's only 2 (brick and mortar) spots I can get the recent TS ships... miles away! One of these stores is great... usually about 60 different TS ships on the shelves at any given time. WM,TRU, and the other big chains are utterly useless here... many months behind the new waves. HTS is coming here soon apparently... should be good to avoid eBay and long drives.

BSG is made here (well, Vangroover B.C.) and gets superb ratings across this country... sci-fi is very popular. Colonel Tigh has the most hilarious "hoser" accent, IMHO. Reminds me of some hockey coach from like, Moose Jaw... he's barely intelligible!

I can even watch the older episodes in syndication on 4 different Toronto-area channels! The BSG ships just FLY off the shelves here so I can't understand why Hasbro ignores their potential and doesn't advertise 'em.

And the debacle that was the Ultra BSG's release shows how messed up Hasbro is. Despite insanely high pricing on eBay, they just dumped 'em on dollar stores across the continent for a pittance. EE could have made a killing...

Anyhoo, I dug out and updated my BSG list...

BSG Astral Queen prison transport
BSG Battlestar Valkyrie
BSG Cloud 9 starliner
BSG Colonial Blackbird Stealth Fighter “Laura”
BSG Colonial Landram (classic and 2003)
BSG Colonial Movers Freighter
BSG Colonial Shuttle (classic and 2003)
BSG Colonial Stealthstar (“Bulldog”)
BSG Cylon Basestar (classic and Guardian)
BSG Cylon Freighter (classic and 2003)
BSG Cylon Heavy Raider (2003)
BSG Cylon Guardian Raider (2003)
BSG Cylon Resurrection Ship
BSG Gemenon Traveller starliner
BSG Majahual mining ship (2003)/ ”Moviecan” Transport/ Livery Ship (classic)
BSG Olympic Carrier starliner
BSG Space Park starliner
BSG Valley Forge agroship

Ultra anything!

If I had to pick just 3, I'd go with a BSV, a Heavy Raider, and either Stealthstar. I've always wanted a Landram, too.

The agroship (how "aggressive" is that one, Hasbro?) would be kewl cuz it's a tribute to Silent Running. Zero chance.

IMHO, Warstar' lists are anal-itiously great... I think they're more detailed than any others I've seen. He recently added in the BSG list to supplement the SW one 'cuz we kept naggin' him and he finally caved.

Nightside
07-25-2008, 09:34 AM
Great to finally find some people talking my language!

I love the BSG Titanium series. I've got at least one of everything in the series except the Classic Galactica (never even saw that one on store shelves).

Does anyone know when the new Cylon Basestar is supposed to appear? I've been keeping my eyes peeled but most of the stores around here don't even have Star Wars Titaniums at the moment.

Jut one last comment about the red and white Mk VII - has anyone else noticed that red and white Mk VIIs actually appear in the series? I just thought that it was typical Hasbro being repaint crazy, but then I spotted at least 2 red and white Mk VIIs when I was watching Season 3 on DVD! The paint scheme isn't identical, but they do appear to be red and white.

Once again, thanks for this great thread.

Darth Duranium
07-26-2008, 01:51 AM
Hey Nightside... good name. Welcome to the forum.

I just read that a fan went up to Hasbro at the SDCC and asked what's up with the Basestar wave (a.k.a. Mystery Phantom Wave 4).

Apparently, it'll be split up into other wave assortments to be released before the end of the year.

It looks as though the Basestar is the final BSG Titanium 'cuz the licence runs out at the end of this year.

Frak.

R.I.P. BSG TS ...they'll be missed. Some of the best moulds Hasbro did, IMHO.

Nightside
07-28-2008, 07:14 AM
Thanks for the info Darth Titanium!

I hope we do eventually see the Basestar and it'd be wonderful if Hasbro renews the license (there's still demand after all).

I did see a couple of Classic Cylon Raiders this weekend mixed in with the other new Titanium releases (in the new style packaging). I didn't see any real difference between this release and the previous release of the Classic Raider. Anyone know if there is any difference or did Hasbro just repackage it without any paint changes?

Val Da Car
07-28-2008, 08:08 AM
Thanks for the info Darth Titanium!

I hope we do eventually see the Basestar and it'd be wonderful if Hasbro renews the license (there's still demand after all).

I did see a couple of Classic Cylon Raiders this weekend mixed in with the other new Titanium releases (in the new style packaging). I didn't see any real difference between this release and the previous release of the Classic Raider. Anyone know if there is any difference or did Hasbro just repackage it without any paint changes?

Just a repackage....It didn't make sense to me why it was in the MM (midnight Madness) event for SW but my classic raiders travel in sets of three so I need the two more.

Nightside
07-28-2008, 02:49 PM
I already have two raiders, so I passed on them. I was disappointed that it was just a repackage of an already released item. I would have at least liked to see a repaint.

Speaking of repaints, I went back and looked again at season 3 and found the red and white Mk VIIs I referred to earlier. If you take a look at the training sequence near the beginning of "Torn" there are several Mk VIIs that clearly have red markings and appear to have a white base color.

Check out the scene at 7 min 32 sec and the scene at 7 min 46 sec. Both are really short (1-2 sec) so you'll need to pause it to get a decent look. In both scenes, the Viper that's firing really appears to be red and white (and clearly NOT a MK II). What do you all think?

Blue2th
07-28-2008, 08:29 PM
So the Base Star and that's it. What a bummer. I was so looking forward to a couple more new sculpts, like at least a Cylon Heavy Raider, maybe even a Battle ravaged Base Star, or original series one.

Darth Duranium
07-28-2008, 08:45 PM
I'll check it out, Nightside. Maybe that white/red Viper Mk VII is canon after all.

Looks like they're going to do some BSG TV movies after the series ends in 2009... being negotiated now, apparently. They'll be set in time periods prior to them reaching Earth, so it's said. Here's hoping. We'll see.

Plus, they're already in pre-production in Vancouver for "Caprica", the prequel series set during the 1st Cylon War, I believe. BSG lives!

Eric Stoltz may be in Caprica... if he has his makeup from "Mask" on, he'll have some trouble getting his head into a Viper helmet. And I hope Cher's not in it, though it might be fun to see her rubbing herself on a battlestar's gun turret...

Blu, I'm just assuming that the Basestar is the final one, based on what Hasbro said. That Heavy Raider might still sneak out..

Maybe Hasbro will pick up the license and forge on with new ships. I'd love to see some Titanium Ultra Vipers and Raiders... I just won't fork out $150 each for the Diamond Select ones. Unless I can get into it and fly it into space...

Warstar
07-28-2008, 11:00 PM
I am truly stoked for all these new Titaniums!!!

And completely behind on the list!

I am missing from the new ones (so far) the Vulture Droid and Sandspeeder.

What is up with the Black Star Wars Logo Stickers and non-foil Titanium series logos and the Foil Star Wars/Titanium Logo Stickers? I have found both and though I am into variants, buying 3 sets of all the new ones...ouch.

Anyway, I will update this list ASAP after catching up with the stuff shown at ComicCon.

Nightside
07-29-2008, 12:52 PM
Picked up a Titanium Cylon Centurion last night for $7! I've been watching the local discount stores for months now, hoping one would turn up. The articulation may be limited, but it looks soooo good.

I do hope that Hasbro continues the license. If the line ends without a Heavy Raider, I'd be very disappointed. :cry:

As for the Basestar, how much of it is actual going to be metal? I can't imagine very much of it will be given the general pointiness of the design. Hasbro isn't in the business of manufacturing weapons after all.

Just a note about the variants list (which is awesome BTW): For the Raptor, no mention is made of the difference in canopies. The mass retail version has an opaque canopy but the SDCC version has a slightly translucent canopy.

Darth Duranium
08-09-2008, 11:53 PM
Hey Nightside: Had "Torn" on my HD so I ripped a few screenshots... yup, there's a red and white Viper Mk.VII as you said. Well spotted... I wouldn't have had a clue where and in which episode to look.

BTW, I don't think anyone was arguing that a red/white Viper Mk. VII wasn't canon... (I could be wrong) ...it's just that some think the paintjob was poorly executed on the Titanium version. The black splodges with dashes around them are particularly crap, IMHO. And the red stripes are not very accurate, as it turns out (see below), to say the least...

I think that it looks pretty good onscreen in "Torn"! They probably did it to help differentiate the assorted "dogfighting" Vipers from one another, I'd guess.

Nice buy on that Cylon... I never saw one in a store. I very rarely collect figures but I'd buy that one for sure. I picked up an all-plastic Cylon from SDCC recently on eBay, though... it's covered in human blooooood. Mwa-ha-ha-ha... But I'd prefer the Titanium.

I'm more than a little concerned that the Basestar hasn't shown up in any of the waves taking us to November... not looking good. Maybe if Universal hadn't frakked around so long between BSG seasons, Hasbro might have been more keen to continue the line, though BSG TS sales seemed frakkin' healthy to me.

JT, thanks for forwarding the death of BSG question to Hasbro and thanks to everyone who voted for it. Hopefully, we'll know soon. BTW, what's the answer to the Outrider question?

Oh and Warstar... No new and improved lists? WTF, dude? I mean c'mon... we're depending on you....

Darth Duranium
08-09-2008, 11:59 PM
I dunno if these have been mentioned here before but damn, I want one of these hot l'il numbers from SDCC... wonder if it has a red LED that goes side-to-side.

Next, someone'll figure out how to do a "Skin Job". Maybe a Roy Batty Crushing Tyrell's Head tattoo?

JediTricks
08-10-2008, 10:28 PM
Sure thing on the BSG question. I made an executive decision that the fast votes meant it should be asked to round out what we had.

The Outrider answer is said to be coming on Friday

figrin bran
08-10-2008, 11:47 PM
I dunno if these have been mentioned here before but damn, I want one of these hot l'il numbers from SDCC... wonder if it has a red LED that goes side-to-side.

Next, someone'll figure out how to do a "Skin Job". Maybe a Roy Batty Crushing Tyrell's Head tattoo?

Those BSG toasters were super limited. I think the NBC booth salesperson said something like only 10 per day or so.

I did buy their pewter silver Viper while at the SDCC and can post pics if any of you are interested. IMO, it wasn't worth the money and the Titanium mold is actually crisper.

Nightside
08-11-2008, 09:34 AM
Thanks for the screenshots Darth Titanium!

As for the red and white Mk VIIs, didn't Hasbro just use the same paint mask previously used on the original release of the Mk IIs? (I only have SDCC Mk IIs so I don't know for sure). If that's the case, we can't expect a close match to the vipers from "Torn", but it's still nice to know that there actually is some variety in the on-screen vipers and that the red and white Titanium version is at least somewhat canon.

Hasbro better release the basestar. We've been waiting for it for months and months. Think there's any chance of Hasbro making anything for the new "Caprica" series? I know the show is going to be planet-based, but there's got to be something that could be translated into the Titanium series. Just being hopeful, I guess.

On a related note, anyone have Titanium-like die-cast pieces for other sci-fi series? There are some nice Titanium-scale pieces from the new "Doctor Who". I've got a TARDIS and Dalek Sec and would highly recommend both. They're wonderfully detailed and the Dalek's head and arms are articulated. (There is also a set with a gold Dalek and a Cyberman.) I've also just ordered the "Red Dwarf" pieces by Corgi (Red Dwarf, Starbug, Rimmer and Lister). Looking forward to seeing what they're like when they arrive.

JediTricks
08-12-2008, 10:26 PM
10 per day on the toaster? Stupid! That thing is online now.

I was really tempted to get that pewter Viper based on the preview pics I saw somewhere (I think in the program, could have been a handout though), but when I saw the one on display in their booth, it was an easy pass.

figrin bran
08-12-2008, 11:36 PM
10 per day on the toaster? Stupid! That thing is online now.

I was really tempted to get that pewter Viper based on the preview pics I saw somewhere (I think in the program, could have been a handout though), but when I saw the one on display in their booth, it was an easy pass.

Not any longer. I just checked the NBC store and didn't see any toasters.

And that pewter Viper really is underwhelming. I figured that out of the 3 that they had, Galactica, Raider, Viper, the Viper should've had the nicest sculpt. Oh well, at least the "I *cylon eye* toasters" shirt I got is quite nice.

Darth Duranium
08-14-2008, 05:16 PM
Wish I'd heard about the toaster earlier... $65 to have all your toast have Cylon warriors burned in... seems almost reasonable (to an insane person like me). I think they're going for considerably more on eBay now so I'll have let it go for now. Besides, I like Colonial waffles.

Nightside, the red stripes on the SDCC and regular TS Mk II are the same... the detailing's way better on the SDCC one, though. Don't even get me started about the red stripes and Twillek scribbles on the TS Mk VII... I just wish they'd gone with the official version from "Torn" cuz it looks great!

I collect diecasts from other series, too. I have a Corgi "Davros" Dalek (looks like crispy Captain Pike in his blinky chair from Trek), a Tardis, stuff from Star Blazers, Buck Rogers, ET, Flash Gordon, Trek, NASA, Blade Runner, Space 1999, Lost In Space, 007, Red Dwarf, Marvel, DC, and a bunch of others. Not so many diecasts coming out these days, though.

Figrin, I'd like to see a pic of the SDCC viper. Is it gaming size or larger? I'd probably have given it a miss cuz I don't like unpainted ships, but it might be cool.

Thanks to Val and Kirby for the info on the TS Classic Cylon Raider re-release... it's the only one I skipped from the 2 new waves cuz it's (apparently) identical to the first one.

Where's my frakkin' basestar??????

Hopefully, we'll get our BSG/Caprica answers tomorrow in the Q&A!

Darth Duranium
08-22-2008, 10:14 PM
Didn't know that this was out there... it's been out a while... here's a Jumbotron-sized trailer for the next BSG series called "Caprica".

I like Eric Stoltz (especially in The Prophesy and Pulp Fiction) so I'm pleased to see they snagged him away from that other series...

Looks interesting... did I see some nudity in there? No sfx shots I could see...

http://www.scifi.com/scifiwire/index.php?id=57977

No word on further BSG "movies" yet...

Nightside
08-26-2008, 09:35 AM
I finally got my hands on an inexpensive Classic Galactica! My collection is finally complete (except for the original retail version of the Mk II, which I have no urgent need to get since I have the SDCC version). And I guess it's only complete until Hasbro gets around to releasing the Basestar.

The Classic Galactica was listed on ebay as a "Star Wars ship". It was loose and came with a Star Wars display stand. The stand is odd because it's one of the taller Delta Jedi Starfighter types and the logo was painted (poorly) with silver model paint. I decided to remove the bad paint job.

Now I've got to make room for the new arrival.

Blue2th
08-26-2008, 11:35 AM
The Classic Galactica is the hardest one to get I think. I only saw it once on the pegs, and I only have one.
Good find. :thumbsup:

JediTricks
08-26-2008, 09:23 PM
I saw it on pegs twice, bought 1 for me and 1 for my step-dad who was a big fan of the original.

There's a taller stand for the JSFs? I had no idea!

Nice get though.

Darth Duranium
08-28-2008, 07:03 AM
Hey Nightside, did you pick it up from an Asian seller? There's a guy who always has loads of new ships and sells them loose with badly painted (or the wrong) stands.... wonder if it's the same guy.

One time he had a "lot" of 40 black/blue Vipers, all with funky stands...

Y'know, I may have gotten a SW stand with a BSG ship once... I seem to remember being annoyed about that.

Weirdly enough, BSG ships have always been fairly easy to get where I live... maybe there's less scalping going on. I never saw an Ultra BSG up here, though. Ever.

BTW, Death to scalpers...:upset:

kirby3531
08-28-2008, 01:32 PM
Hey Nightside, did you pick it up from an Asian seller? There's a guy who always has loads of new ships and sells them loose with badly painted (or the wrong) stands.... wonder if it's the same guy.

DT,
I'm pretty sure I've been hit by that guy. Bought my new series Cylon Raider (not Scar) off EBay. I'm willing to buy loose 'cause it's just going on my shelf. I think this guy's got access to the factory rejects the one I got had a frakked-up paint job and the stand isn't painted.

Darth Duranium
08-28-2008, 05:46 PM
Yeah Kirb, I had a crazy hunch that that guy was selling factory seconds... 40 ships? I wonder how maimed they really are. I've bought many loose ships from eBay before... (they go on my shelf, too) but I think that that was for AF and Ultra ships only, not regular TSes.

But I guess he's not the only one. Like I said above, I got a BSG ship (Pegasus, I think) that came with a SW stand... and it was bought new in its packaging at the store.

I also got a SDCC Viper Mk II (new in its packaging, too) that is missing red paint on one wing... so much for quality control at Hasbro. I've grown to like it 'cuz it stands out even more from the first red/white Mk II... and I'm too cheap to buy another SDCC set at the prices they're going for now.

I never was too fussy about the paint Hasbro put on the first (purple!) TS Raider or their Classic Galactica... the TS Scar repaint and the Konami Classic BSG are vastly better, IMHO. I would have liked to see a "raw metal" Raider and Viper Mk VII... but alas....

Can you post a pic of your frakked up Raider? Kinda curious... like driving by an accident scene and rubbernecking, really. Can't be that much worse than the regular one, IMO.

Anybody else get any weird paintjobs/ funky stands? I keep seeing this one from HK on eBay... must have suffered some thermal damage in hyperspace...

JediTricks
08-30-2008, 02:56 PM
Reminds me of Salvador Dali's artwork. :p

Nightside
09-01-2008, 04:04 PM

Darth Titanium, I did get the Classic Galactica loose from a Hong Kong seller. I never saw the ship in any of the stores around here (the only one of the line I never saw) so I snagged it since the price was so agreeable.

I wish Hasbro would release another repaint for us until they get around to releasing the Base Star. I'd love to see a more detailed version of a Raptor.

Darth Duranium
09-01-2008, 05:02 PM
I really like the TS Raptor... especially the SDCC repaint... I think it's one of Hasbro's best in TS. Nice size, weight, appearance. Wish they'd have put a side door hatch on it... you could practice blowing the Chief and Callie out the airlock and back. Woo hoo.

Another Raptor (maybe stealth?) woulda been nice... but nooooooooo!

I wish they'd bothered to repaint the Classic Raider in the newest wave, instead of just retreading it as-is. An opportunity wasted. Come to think of it, the Raider's the only ship from the first 2 waves of Legacy TS that I haven't seen in person. Well, my peeps here inform me they're identical...

Still, weird that noone's seen a single Basestar on eBay from Asia... and no sign of the last wave of '08 yet, either. Hmmmm... I'm still waiting for Wave 3!

Saw a TS TIE Defender going for $50+ on eBay yesterday... I guess some folks don't read our forum... or they've got a lotta dosh.
Oy veh! Vatta buncha schmucks and yutzes!

BTW, they're saying that Caprica will likely have a 2 hour premiere in November.... from the 3 pics attached, it looks a bit like the Untouchables... they've got fedoras on!?! The past is the future, indeed.

BSG season 4.5 starts 9 Jan/09, apparently.

kirby3531
09-22-2008, 02:46 PM
Can you post a pic of your frakked up Raider? Kinda curious... like driving by an accident scene and rubbernecking, really. Can't be that much worse than the regular one, IMO.

Sorry, haven't been online much lately. New son's keeping us pretty busy last few weeks. Plus, I only just figured out how to make our old digital camera take closeups.

As you can see (hopefully), the paint job is normal on the main body; nice matte cylon camo pattern. However, it looks like something went wrong on the front arms and someone tried to correct it with some sort of gloss glaze. At a distance, from inside a display case, it isn't too bad. That's why I haven't gotten a replacement for it yet. Unfortunately, the unpainted stand and missing redeye really show (and is starting to bug me). Not sure if I'm ready to pop for a new one, tho.

Hackmaster12
09-24-2008, 10:50 AM
Hi everyone. I've been lurking through the forums here for the past few days and I'd like to thank everyone who has gone through the effort of posting all the fantastic information here for us to see.

Now I have the obligatory first question, coupled with the "I searched but couldn't find this anywhere" disclaimer.

I'm looking for the Titanium Ultra Galactica. I know that it's out of production and all that, and that it is available on the secondary market. I have a good contact at Hasbro Games (not the Toy division though) and he can check inventory to see if there are any long forgotten cases collecting dust in a warehouse, but we need the item number or assortment number to do this. Typically, those are two sets of five digit numbers seperated by a slash, somewhere on the front of the package. If any of you have the box for this, could you either post a picture of those numbers from the box, or provide the numbers from the box? On the very off-chance that there are any left, it would be much less expensive than going out to get on from ebay or elsewhere.

Thanks!

Nightside
09-26-2008, 02:17 PM
Hackmaster12, here's the numbers from the Ultra Galactica box:

34608/34560

Hope that helps.

Hackmaster12
09-29-2008, 07:07 AM
Thank you Nightside. That looks like what I need. <crosses fingers>

Darth Duranium
09-30-2008, 06:37 PM
Thanks for the pics, Kirby. Yeah, it looks a little bit chewed up but not too bad. Shame about the red eye but it is pretty small. Luckily, the regular paintjob wasn't so hot anyway. You could always hit it with some flat matte glaze to get rid of the glossiness.

I never got a replacement for my frakked up SDCC Viper either... and I didn't buy it from that HK guy.

Hackmaster, I'd be surprised if you got your hands on a warehouse Ultra BSG... it seems that they mostly ended up a discount stores months after many stores passed on them. Good luck, though...

Hackmaster12
09-30-2008, 07:17 PM
Well he checked and, as I exected, there were none anywhere. Would have been nice to have found ine in the back corner of their Raiders of the Lost Ark warehouse though. Next stop, ebay.

JediTricks
10-08-2008, 01:41 AM
Good luck, that piece is a beast unfortunately. It took me months to track down a replacement for the broken one I first got.

bsg1005
10-10-2008, 06:26 PM
Hi Guy!
found you on the net don't know how.. but found your conversations VERY interesting about our commun passion for BSG the re-imagine serie and in particular for the Titanium Serie!!!!! :grin: So i thought i'd join in if that's ok..

Reading you i've learned so much! i didn't know about 'Konami'.. and still don't know how to get some of there models... i never realised that the TS Galactica didn't have it's name on the hull!!! how bad is that.. even on the Ultra's serie,,, how disapointing...
Also for the base star.. i don't know if you have infos.. but found an article and the GOOD NEW IS that Hasbro said the Base Star would be out on this year's last wave.. the bad news, is that it would be the last BSG in the TS series...:cry:

and even found a pic for you to see. shame it's not a Ultra model really..

What do you think?..

Darth Duranium
10-10-2008, 08:52 PM
Hey BSG1005,

Welcome to the forum... always nice to meet another BSG and Titanium fan.

Thanks dude, but we're all aware of the Basestar wave (a.k.a. Mystery Phantom Wave 4) ... fans here at SSG have been pressing Hasbro for info about the Titanium line all year long. In fact, it was our hammering about the Basestar that prompted the "last wave of the year" answer! Anyhoo, last Q&A, we found out that the Heavy Raider's dead too.

In the next Q&A, we asked for further clarification about when the Basestar is expected (it still hasn't shown up for preorder in the next 3 wave!) and what SW ships are upcoming in 2009. Hope they tell us something! I've been re-posting the Titanium Q&A's in the Titanium section lately.

The Konami's are available on eBay, but sadly, they've gotten kinda pricey. I got the set a few years back for less than $20! I gotta say that I'm a big fan of 'em... I like 'em much better than their Titanium counterparts, excepting the Cylon Raider. Shame they never did "Reimagined" series ships.

If you're in London, you might try Comet or Forbidden Planet... both on the net, too. If they've still got 'em, expect to pay extortionate prices from those 2, though.

Good hunting!