PDA

View Full Version : 2 Right Arm'd 4-LOM

amrcanpoet
04-03-2008, 10:15 PM
Picked this up for $30...I'm not a huge vintage collector (only what managed to survive my childhood), so I'm not so sure what it's worth. I figured it was worth at LEAST the $30 I paid for it.

It's a AFA'd 80NM 1981 4-LOM, complete, with an error of 2 right arms. Anyone have an opinion on its worth?

sjd9299
04-03-2008, 10:40 PM
Picked this up for $30...I'm not a huge vintage collector (only what managed to survive my childhood), so I'm not so sure what it's worth. I figured it was worth at LEAST the $30 I paid for it.

It's a AFA'd 80NM 1981 4-LOM, complete, with an error of 2 right arms. Anyone have an opinion on its worth?

As with all mistakes, to most people this is worth less than a correct 4-LOM. However to a special few, this might be interesting. It is something I would add to my collection for no more than $20 and that would be a strech. But you may find that one guy would pay $100 or more to have. Any collectible is worth only what someone else is willing to pay for it at the time it is sold. So I guess on that day it was worth $30. With something like this there is no way to compare it to what others sold for.

plasticfetish
04-03-2008, 11:27 PM
There's that old saying, about how a thing's only worth what someone's willing to pay for it, so yeah... I'd say it's worth at least $30. ;)

In a world where there are so many loose vintage Star Wars figures out there to diminish the value of the toys, it's always going to be the "weird" things like this that are worth something. I would also say that this is one of those times when having it graded makes it worth a bit more.