PDA

View Full Version : Voice Activated Artoo - Instructions?

majikmonkee
04-04-2008, 10:35 AM
I have a voice activated Artoo who's about 2 feet tall and responds to verbal commands, and I've had him for about fours years now. It was given to me by a friend, and I got it without the box, though it did have a sheet that detailed most of the commands it responds to (there were some "easter egg" commands written on there in pen too). That was quite a while ago, and while a lot of the commands I have committed to memory, I lost the sheet, and I'd like to find a copy or at least a list of the commands online. For some reason, I can't seem to figure out how this little droid is listed on the web, or where I can find a listing of the commands to print out. Any help would be great. I really love the Artoo...especially when I turn him on and my dog freaks out and Artoo chases him...see link below...:razz:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v616/majik_monkee/howieartoo.jpg

bigbarada
04-04-2008, 12:29 PM
It looks like one of these, originally sold in 2002, then repackaged a couple of years later:
http://www.amazon.com/Star-Wars-Interactive-Electronic-Astromech/dp/B000C0XYIS/ref=pd_bbs_sr_2?ie=UTF8&s=home-garden&qid=1207330279&sr=8-2

majikmonkee
04-04-2008, 12:31 PM
Mine is the 2002 one, it was owned for a few years before I got it. A friend of mine gave it to me after she broke up with her SW fan ex...she'd given it to him as a gift and decided I should have it instead... =P

bigbarada
04-04-2008, 02:08 PM
I've been thinking about buying one, but just worried about how it would move around on my carpet. It doesn't seem to be having any problems on that rug of yours, does it get jammed up at all on carpeted floors?

majikmonkee
04-04-2008, 02:38 PM
I've been thinking about buying one, but just worried about how it would move around on my carpet. It doesn't seem to be having any problems on that rug of yours, does it get jammed up at all on carpeted floors?

It actually seems to function just as well on carpet as it does on hard wood and tile. The front leg I believe has a sort of "ball" in it, and the other legs have wheels in them that grip really well without catching. I've never used him on shag carpet before, but otherwise, carpet of average depth doesn't seem to slow him down at all.

Haven't tried him on sand before to test and see if he can do like he does in ANH, but I'm content not being the one to test that out...lol

K M Toydarian
04-09-2008, 12:13 AM
Here's Hasbro's website devoted to R2-D2. You can download the manual and it shows all the "Easter Eggs".
The new repackaged version is identical to the old one.

http://www.hasbro.com/r2droidfactory/

bigbarada
04-09-2008, 01:39 AM
Here's Hasbro's website devoted to R2-D2. You can download the manual and it shows all the "Easter Eggs".
The new repackaged version is identical to the old one.

Umm, did you forget something?

Anyways, I hope this thing is really cool because I just finally broke down and ordered one.

K M Toydarian
04-09-2008, 04:38 AM
Oops, sorry about that. I forgot to add the link, my bad.

He is pretty cool. I pulled him out for a spin a little while ago after having him sitting for a couple years (I got the first version back in 2002). You have to remember to press the wheel lock button when you turn him on first to make him move. I thought he was broken, as he wouldn't move, but then I read the directions and it all made sense.

http://www.hasbro.com/r2droidfactory/

bigbarada
04-09-2008, 12:17 PM
Thanks! I really never knew that Hasbro had been rereleasing this thing over the years. I remember seeing it in stores in 2002, but they just sat there and I was hoping that they would go on clearance, because I couldn't afford the $100 price tag at the time; but they never did, they just disappeared one day and I never saw them in a store again.

Anyways, I ordered the most recent release from the TAC line, so I'm wondering if Hasbro has done any upgrading for these.