PDA

View Full Version : Give Wedge Antilles his due!!!

Old Fossil
04-04-2008, 04:51 PM
So we've had some great Rebel Pilots from you of late, Hasbro... Zev Senesca, Tycho Celchu. Biggs was fine, even if he used an older torso mold.

And yet we do not have a Wedge Antilles figure to match the quality of Zev or Tycho or even Biggs. Wedge is one of the great heroes of the Rebellion, figuring prominently at the Battle of Yavin and the Battle of Endor. AND YET he is not even said to be included in your upcoming Rebel Pilots Evolutions set. He is the leader of Rogue Squadron, AND YET he could not be given a place in your Comic Pack last year.

What gives? We last saw Wedge in action figure form in 2004, with the less than stellar treatment he got in the OTC line. We have since seen incredible work done with the Rebel pilot uniform, especially the VTSC Luke Skywalker: X-Wing Pilot figure from 2006. AND YET kids and collectors must needs rely on a 4-year old figure mold (that utilized an even older torso mold!) to give this near-legendary character representation in our collections.

It's time, Hasbro, time to make a great Wedge Antilles figure that honors this character's important place in the Star Wars saga. Please make him, and make him good. I'm sure a lot of us would be all over that.:thumbsup:

Jargo
04-04-2008, 06:45 PM
Denis Lawson is old now. There's bits of him sag in all the wrong ways. I can't get the image out of my head whenever anyone mentions Wedge.... *trails off in despair*

Kidhuman
04-04-2008, 09:16 PM
I am all for a non exclusive Wedge figure. I have never gotten one because I didnt want to pay internet exclusive prices.

JediTricks
04-04-2008, 11:48 PM
I am down for Wedge finally getting a decent figure, but this thread title kinda made me think of Chris Crocker's plea to the world to "LEAVE BRITNEY ALONE!!!" :p

El Chuxter
04-05-2008, 01:14 PM
So, it's not bad enough that you watched more than three seconds of that stupid video, but you know the guy's name, too?

Do you have Chocolate Rain posters hanging on your wall? Are you stalking the Star Wars Kid? Do you have "What What (In My A*****e)" on your iPod?

Mr. JabbaJohnL
04-05-2008, 03:08 PM
Aw man, everyone knows Chris Crocker's name.

Mad Slanted Powers
04-05-2008, 03:28 PM
Do you have Chocolate Rain posters hanging on your wall? Hey, Tay Zonday is a musical genius!

I too would like to see a decent Wedge figure released. We've had three Wedge figures, but one was a pack-in for a carrying case and another was part of a Cinema Scene 3-pack. The only basic carded one was an internet exclusive.

JediTricks
04-06-2008, 06:58 PM
You'll have to forgive Chux, he's got that disease that turns him prematurely into a cranky geezer who doesn't realize the world is passing him by even while he rallies against change, you know, "Oldfart's Syndrome". Don't worry pops, we'll all go back to dancing the Bartman soon enough, and you can then complain that parachute pants are scary... oh, and grumbling about young people shaving swear words into their hair.

El Chuxter
04-06-2008, 09:39 PM
So if something that's not entertaining is online, and a lot of people view it, lemming-like, then I'm supposed to find it entertaining or at least pretend I do?

I've clicked on most of these videos, and a couple of seconds is enough to convince me not to waste anymore time.

Jargo
04-07-2008, 08:40 AM
Only one I found amusing was Seth Green's answer video, 'leave Chris Crocker alone'.

jedi master sal
04-07-2008, 02:36 PM
Aw man, everyone knows Chris Crocker's name.

Who? I have no idea who this is.

El Chuxter
04-07-2008, 02:45 PM
Betty's son.

JediTricks
04-07-2008, 06:27 PM
So if something that's not entertaining is online, and a lot of people view it, lemming-like, then I'm supposed to find it entertaining or at least pretend I do?

I've clicked on most of these videos, and a couple of seconds is enough to convince me not to waste anymore time.One should be at least tertiarily familiar with pop culture in order to communicate what one does and doesn't like, plus it helps to broaden one's horizons. I know it's scary for you, what with all the fist-shaking you've done at the talkies and all, but laughing at Chris Crocker's video is a good use of 2 minutes.

I still think Tay Zonday's not actually worthy of ridicule, he's got a fair voice and decent writing, it's only that video he put up which turned him into this year's William Hung.

Only one I found amusing was Seth Green's answer video, 'leave Chris Crocker alone'.Which would have made no sense without seeing the Chris Crocker video though.

Jargo
04-07-2008, 07:17 PM
obviously. but chris crocker isn't funny. just pitiful.

jedi master sal
04-08-2008, 10:38 AM
Betty's son.

nice!!!! I actually did lol on that one.

JediTricks
04-08-2008, 09:51 PM
obviously. but chris crocker isn't funny. just pitiful.He's both! It's funny to see someone get so incredibly, earnestly worked up over someone he doesn't really know, to become so invested in the idea of that person that he takes criticisms of her personally enough to violently lash out at others over it.

Betty Crocker doesn't exist, and perhaps, neither does Chris.

Banthaholic
04-08-2008, 10:34 PM
Back on topic... I'm all for a Snowspeeder version of Wedge, but as for the standard x-wing release, my internet exclusive is fine for the time being. I'm much rather have a 'real' AHN Red Leader (and droid too)

Gothiczartan
04-09-2008, 07:36 PM
anyone talking about a newly sculpt wedge antilled figure. maybe they can retooled VTSC luke figure with a new head and still same helmet.

both snowspeeder and x wing pilot.

after they make luke snowspeeder maybe they can use the figure to create a wedge snowspeeder pilot because of the same height as luke.

JON9000
04-11-2008, 04:17 PM
anyone talking about a newly sculpt wedge antilled figure. maybe they can retooled VTSC luke figure with a new head and still same helmet.

Okay, you are going to make me feel like a crank, but while I love almost everything about VTSC pilot Luke, next to Dutch and Biggs he is freaking short as heck. I don't know that I would want Wedge to be a midget, but it is equally silly looking to have little Luke leading a bunch of other pilots who all tower over him into battle, so maybe shorty Luke needs some shorty company.

Gothiczartan
04-12-2008, 12:21 AM
Okay, you are going to make me feel like a crank, but while I love almost everything about VTSC pilot Luke, next to Dutch and Biggs he is freaking short as heck. I don't know that I would want Wedge to be a midget, but it is equally silly looking to have little Luke leading a bunch of other pilots who all tower over him into battle, so maybe shorty Luke needs some shorty company.

i think wedge and luke are about same height.

Gothiczartan
04-21-2008, 10:06 PM
a removable leg band color and a chest box would be nice?