PDA

View Full Version : Target Exclusive Order 66 two-packs have arrived!

shortcat
04-04-2008, 08:58 PM
Just saw them tonight, on an endcap at the front registers, but didn't have enough money. Hope to be able to pick up a few of them soon, and I'm hoping they don't disappear like Target exclusives usually do.

On the same end cap were the GI Joe exclusive vehicles with figures, as well as the exclusive Transformer repaints. They all look great.

Is anybody planning on picking up any of these?

Kidhuman
04-04-2008, 09:13 PM
I had my target run the DCPI today and got the pack I wanted.

087-06-0884 is the number incase you guys cant find them on the shelf.

Thunderbird
04-04-2008, 09:58 PM
I plan on buying two set of these when I see them. I can't wait to see them, hopefully this weekend.

figrin bran
04-04-2008, 10:19 PM
Be sure to use this $5 off coupon when you spend at least $25 on toys at Target!!!!

Target coupon (http://www.shoppersresource.com/images/printable/target.htm)

I plan on getting the Tsui Choi and Sev sets as well as the GI Joe HISS.

Banthaholic
04-04-2008, 10:38 PM
I will be buying them when Target gets around to putting them out.

DarkArtist
04-05-2008, 12:36 PM
I will be buying them when Target gets around to putting them out.

i second that. still have yet to see them or the GI JOE Vehicles. I really really really really want the AWE Striker with Crankcase (by far my favorite vehicle back in the day, plus the driver has a funny name Crankcase, how can you not love it.)

Kidhuman
04-05-2008, 05:17 PM
The Joe vehicles have a street date of te 13th also.

Snowtrooper
04-05-2008, 05:53 PM
I only plan on getting a few of the ones I like at full price. The rest I'll wait for clearance. I still can't believe they're doing these again. Most didn't sell at full price and it took putting them on clearance at $2.98 to finally get rid of them.

Thunderbird
04-05-2008, 06:20 PM
I only plan on getting a few of the ones I like at full price. The rest I'll wait for clearance. I still can't believe they're doing these again. Most didn't sell at full price and it took putting them on clearance at $2.98 to finally get rid of them.

Really? Around here all the Targets had alot of them for a while, and I mean ALOT of them for weeks, and then gone. I never saw them at clearace.

Kidhuman
04-05-2008, 09:45 PM
All I remember hitting clearance were the Palpatine packs and 1 Obi-Wan from the first go round.

jedi master sal
04-05-2008, 10:25 PM
I'm banking on the ARC sets to clearance as well as the AT-RT set. The Palpatine set may do better this time since not only is it another cool 501st commander, but has a correct grey faced Palpatine. The Tsui Choi set is awesome. That's one impresive little jedi Master, and the clone is an army builder. I'm planning for 5-6 sets of that one and will happily pay full retail for the Choi sets. I got two of those already as well as my quota of two palpatine sets. So just one each of the ARCs, 1 AT-RT set and 3-4 more of Choi and I'm set.

But I think I'm going to gamble on them going to clearance again. If I miss the ARC sets, I'll be okay with it. Though truthfuly the Anakin one loks good with the soft goods robes (I like soft goods). And the Sev set isn't as bad as I once thought. Now that I've seen them all. (Yes, I had the chance to buy two complete sets and passed all but the Choi and Palpy sets.) I supose I could have bought them for other collectors but I really think they will be in abundance and if we wait will eventually clearance out.

-Sal

Mad Slanted Powers
04-05-2008, 10:42 PM
Wish I had seen this thread earlier. I was at Target today but didn't look for them. I did find an AT-AP and Grievous' Starfighter though, as well as a Titanium Red 5 X-Wing. I'll be over that way on Monday, so I'll check then.

DarkArtist
04-05-2008, 10:49 PM
around here the original sets disappeared, not even long enough for clearence. I really hope to find these soon.

Phantom-like Menace
04-07-2008, 12:47 AM
It really depends on where you were and whether or not you even think Target was justified in putting them on clearance when they did. My Target held them in the back for so long they went straight to clearance, and they were all purchased within two days.

I think Target put those sets and the Aayla sets on clearance way before they needed to.

El Chuxter
04-07-2008, 02:03 AM
Target is really, really weird with clearances. They clear out exclusives after two or three weeks. And, yet, there are still an army's worth of Jerjerrods at every Target in my area.

I've seen them clearance items down to practically nothing, get rid of them, and restock a bunch a week later at full price.

Thunderbird
04-07-2008, 10:26 PM
I just pick up two sets of these today. I think they are all very cool. I like the fact that the ARC Troopers have removable helmets, and the skirts are a little different on each one.

jedi master sal
04-08-2008, 10:35 AM
...and the skirts are a little different on each one.

They are called kamas, not skirts. I bet you call them dolls and not action figures either, lol. Just kidding.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
04-08-2008, 11:11 AM
Found them today at my local Target. I only picked up the sets with Tsui Choi and Master Sev as they were the only "new" figures available.

They also had the Transformers movie figures in the same packaging and the GI Joe Vehicles.

joshephe
04-11-2008, 07:12 AM
I found them yesterday at the target in Benton Harbor. Picked up all 6. Hope to find all six on clearance later on.

Jedi_Kal-El
04-11-2008, 09:24 AM
I found all six of them this morning. Only picked up the Tsui Choi set so far. They had one of each set left but if these are anything like the last sets were, a small amount was put on shelves, they sold out quick the fist time, and they put alot more back out two more times after that.

joe-da
04-11-2008, 11:45 AM
I picked up the Aleena, as it's probably as close as I'll get to having a Bogg Tyrell figure. The robe kind of even looks like her dress. I picked up Sev, since he may be as close as I'll get to having a Que-Mars Redath-Gom figure.

jamesbondo07
04-11-2008, 07:06 PM
I was a little skeptical about the order 66 2-packs this year. I figured I would only get a couple of them. When I saw them in person I thought that they were all really good figures. I especially like the fact that 2 of the jedi are original figures. So I picked up a set today. Hoping to get a few more on clearance.

DarkArtist
04-11-2008, 08:59 PM
picked up the Anakin, Kenobi,Sidious,and Weequay sets today. missed out on the Luminara and Tsoi sets.

still no sightings of the GI Joe vehicles or any new figures on the pegs. hoping that on Sunday I hit it big and find the AWE Striker and the other 2 sets of Order 66

Phantom-like Menace
04-12-2008, 10:34 AM
I grabbed Tsui Choi, Sev, and Luminara for myself, and I grabbed Palpatine for my brother so he could finally have a commander for his 501st clones. I grabbed Tsui Choi and Sev for the Jedi and Luminara for the clone. I'm going to get a few more of Choi, because between the short lightsaber, the clone and the gattling cannon, there are quite a few pieces I want in multiples. I like Sev more than I figured I would, but I am me, so I deplore his (and Choi's) softgoods.

I imagine I'll be happy to get three more of the Luminara set, three or more additional Choi sets and maybe the Palpatine, though what I'll do with yet another 501st commander is beyond me.

I did also see the G.I. Joe exclusives, so I picked up the A.W.E. Striker, one of my favorits from when I was young. It's very cool to have one again.

figrin bran
04-12-2008, 12:41 PM
You guys are using the Target coupon that I posted on page 1 of this thread when buying these, right?

I just got back from Target with the Tsui, Sev and Luminara sets along with a HISS and Night Specter.

El Chuxter
04-12-2008, 01:04 PM
I am now. :)

I printed a few extras to keep in my wallet, but I'm hoping to score some Joes today.

Mad Slanted Powers
04-12-2008, 02:18 PM
Still no sight of these at my local Target. I'll be making the drive down to the next nearest Target the following week, so if I don't see them here next Saturday, maybe I'll find them down there.

Old Fossil
04-12-2008, 11:27 PM
I saw all of these at Target tonight, but only got the Master Sev/ARC Trooper set. The plastic on the trooper seems a bit flimsy, or softer than that of the comic pack ARC.

There seemed to be quite a bit fewer of this Order 66 than I remember there being from last year's offering. I wonder if they made smaller quantities of these in light of many of last year's sets going to clearance?...

figrin bran
04-12-2008, 11:52 PM
There seemed to be quite a bit fewer of this Order 66 than I remember there being from last year's offering. I wonder if they made smaller quantities of these in light of many of last year's sets going to clearance?...

I'm getting the same feeling as well...I scanned one of the sets, expecting to see "in storeroom: yes" but instead it said "no". I would've thought that they'd have plenty of cases of these in the back. I scanned the Joe vehicles and they didn't have those in the storeroom either. Assuming that endcap stays there for a month or so, how do they expect to have it stocked for that entirety?

They only had 3 total of the Transformers exclusives and I can't imagine that they've sold that many already.

Thunderbird
04-13-2008, 02:48 PM
They put alot of these out today. It looks like there were some put out during the week. Yesterday they had about two sets, today they filled the end cap.

Jedi_Kal-El
04-13-2008, 02:53 PM
They put alot of these out today. It looks like there were some put out during the week. Yesterday they had about two sets, today they filled the end cap.

That's what I was saying before. Last year they put out a small amount at first, and then they put out a buch more on two more occasions. I doubt anyone that's near a Target should have a hard time finding these(depending on how well your Target works at putting out stock).

I already got the main set I wanted so, I should be able to hang back a bit and look for some other things I'm looking for, before I get the rest of these.

Mad Slanted Powers
04-13-2008, 02:59 PM
If every store is putting them up by the registers like before, then they either haven't put them out yet here, or they've all come and gone.

Thunderbird
04-13-2008, 03:10 PM
When I saw these last year, it seemed like all, then nothing. They had the end cap for a couple of weeks and then move them to the SW section. For about a month there were plenty, and then they were gone. I had freinds waiting til they went on clearace and never got them.

I'm just glad I bought my two sets last week, now I don't have to worry about missing these.

DarkArtist
04-13-2008, 04:21 PM
went to one of the Target Greatlands today and talked with the Toy Manager. he said that they are not getting the Order 66 packs or the GI Joe vehicles as the larger stores tend to have smaller toy selections and the smaller Targets carry more toy selections.

Jedi_Kal-El
04-13-2008, 04:26 PM
went to one of the Target Greatlands today and talked with the Toy Manager. he said that they are not getting the Order 66 packs or the GI Joe vehicles as the larger stores tend to have smaller toy selections and the smaller Targets carry more toy selections.

That's kinda weird. I have a smaller Target, and a larger Super Target, and both are currently carrying these sets. Maybe it just varies by location.

El Chuxter
04-14-2008, 11:10 PM
I saw these today. Five of the six sucked (though, I must admit, the purple ARC with Anakin looked kinda neat, but not $10 neat).

The sixth, the cool one, was, needless to say, Tsui Choi. That figure ****ing rocks. We must get Ratts using that headsculpt soon.

TheDarthVader
04-15-2008, 12:05 AM
I purchased the Choi and Sev sets today. I might go back for palpy and luminara. I will wait and see. Yeah, I am using that coupon next time. Thanks for that! :D

Blue2th
04-15-2008, 01:10 AM
Still none at any of the four Targets in greater Albuquerque. They are slow to put out any exclusives. They really haven't stocked any new figures of any kind for over a month it seems. Just the Aayla Fighter and Wookie battle-packs which aren't moving very well.

figrin bran
04-15-2008, 01:38 AM

I wouldn't necessarily take the toy managers at their word. Try having either guest services or electronics look up the DCPI for you 087 06 0884. That'll tell you if they have them in stock and also if any nearby stores have them.

jedi master sal
04-15-2008, 08:37 AM
Well I took the plunge and bought all that I wanted yesterday.

So last night I scored (and could have scored much more as there was PLENTY on the shelves):

1X Anakin/Blue ARC
1X Obi/Red ARC
1X Sev/Yellow ARC
1X Luminara/Camo AT-RT
5X Tsui Choi/Yellow Barc trooper

I do not need the Tsui Choi figures, so they are up for sale or trade.
In trade I need:
1 Jump trooper
2 EVO troopers
Kashyyyk troopers (many)

Since Tsui is half of the 66 pack, I'm trading him at a value of $5, so I'd kick in an extra $2 if someone has one of the above troopers to trade.

The cost to buy Tsui is $5, plus shipping.

Respond here or PM me if interested.

-Sal

Cane_Adiss
04-15-2008, 11:20 AM
Of all the stores I shop for toys, Target seems to be best at moving product quickly and stocking exclusives on time. Picked up the Tsui Choi and Sev sets yesterday, and boy do they rock! I wish they couldv'e sculpted Sev's head to look like the pic on the packageing as the illustration is a little more interesting. At first I thought his head was just the POTF2 one but it's not, it's just sculpted VERY similarly.

jedi master sal
04-15-2008, 12:44 PM
Well, now that I have them all I'll list them in preference and give my critique:

1. Tsui Choi/Yellow Barc trooper
2. Palpatine/Caommander Vill
3. Sev/Yellow ARC trooper
4. Anakin/Blue ARC trooper
5. Luminara/Camo AT-RT driver
6. Obi Wan/Red ARC trooper

1. Tsui Choi/Yellow Barc trooper: First and foremost we have an all new Jedi here. Regardless of the fact that he's so small, he's an excellent figure. Articulation is great considering he is so tiny. The Barc trooper is nice for a repaint of the Commander Neyo figure. My only complaint about this set is not have either a regular blaster or rifle for the clone. Other than that, it's a top notch set and worth the full retail price.

2. Palpatine/Caommander Vill: Wow, finally a grey faced SA Palpatine. This has been so overdue and I would have gladly bought it on a single card, so getting Commander VIll for what amounts to just $3 extra made this set golden. Vill isn't a bad figure either. A slight variation to other 501st commanders. He'll fit in nicely to my army of BLUE

3. Anakin/Blue ARC trooper: The Blue ARC is decent and for the value with Anakin is worth getting even if you already have Alpha from the comic pack (as this ARC is differnet). It's really the Anakin that's worth getting in this set, especially if you like soft goods material. Using the Nelvaan Anakin but repainted, and now with robes, this is a much above par figure. Only gripe I have is that the glove hand wasn't included with this set. That would have been nice to have so we could choose to switch back and forth as desired. Still again for the value, this was a great set.

4. Sev/Yellow ARC trooper: A good set. I try to follow the books and other related material as much as possible, but to date have never been aware of a yellow ARC trooper, so this one was initially further down on my list. However it's the Sev figure that I'm surprisingly more drawn to. An excellent reuse/repaint of the ROTS Kit Fisto figure now with a new Weequay head and repainted hands to match. Maybe not worth full retail, but then again it IS two figures for $10, so I don't feel too bad for picking it up right away.

5. Luminara/Camo AT-RT driver: This one was initially on the bottom of my list. I didn't like the camo deco on the AT-RT driver. However once I opened the set up, I was pleasently surprised by the nice redeco of Luminara. She seems much more natural in these darker colors. Better even than the original deco, IMO. Not really worth the full price and had either been on a single card I would have passed them up, but since they were a 2-pack for a reasonable price, I bit.

6. Obi Wan/Red ARC trooper: Well if you want to update your ARC Commander Fordo, this is one way to do it, otherwise I'd say pass this set up or hope it clearances and you can pick it up on the cheap. The Obi is horrible, even the new wire framed robe couldn't help this figure. The Red ARC is okay and helps in the value of the set. Just not worth the full retail price, IMO.

-Sal

JEDIpartner
04-15-2008, 01:04 PM
Is anybody planning on picking up any of these?

Erhm... no. :sleeping:

Mr. JabbaJohnL
04-15-2008, 06:19 PM
I saw these today. Five of the six sucked (though, I must admit, the purple ARC with Anakin looked kinda neat, but not $10 neat).

The sixth, the cool one, was, needless to say, Tsui Choi. That figure ****ing rocks. We must get Ratts using that headsculpt soon.
Anakin's ARC Trooper is blue, though it's a darker hue.

The Targets in my area have been putting these out slowly. Someone has been buying all the Tsui Choi sets and even pulling a few switcheroos with the clones, but I got Tsui last night and still need Luminara and Palpatine (which will not be hard to get). Overall I like this lineup better than last year's.

I will say, though, that the picture on the back of Sev's packaging (http://www.rebelscum.com/photo.asp?image=/TAC/TAC08order666T2.jpg) freaks me out. It looks like the Photoshopped a picture of Mace Windu to look like a Weequay, and it's damn scary. :eek:

TheDarthVader
04-15-2008, 06:25 PM
would someone mind telling me the differences between the Sev figure and the Saga Sora Bulq figure? i think the sev one is better, but are there any facial differences or anything?

Mr. JabbaJohnL
04-15-2008, 06:36 PM
would someone mind telling me the differences between the Sev figure and the Saga Sora Bulq figure? i think the sev one is better, but are there any facial differences or anything?
Sev looks almost exactly like the POTF2 Weequay in the face, but with more detail, and has similar braids. His body is that of the ROTS Kit Fisto painted in orangey colors and he has a new, short cloak. You really wouldn't confuse the two if you saw them together.

Also, I had wanted to use this Anakin for a post-nightmare setup with the upcoming Padmé from the Evolution set, but it looks like the belt won't come off easily and it leaves a funky gap in his torso. I guess he also wasn't wearing boots in that scene, so whatever.

Anakin Palpatine
04-15-2008, 06:41 PM
Anakin's ARC Trooper is blue, though it's a darker hue.

The Targets in my area have been putting these out slowly. Someone has been buying all the Tsui Choi sets and even pulling a few switcheroos with the clones, but I got Tsui last night and still need Luminara and Palpatine (which will not be hard to get). Overall I like this lineup better than last year's.

I will say, though, that the picture on the back of Sev's packaging (http://www.rebelscum.com/photo.asp?image=/TAC/TAC08order666T2.jpg) freaks me out. It looks like the Photoshopped a picture of Mace Windu to look like a Weequay, and it's damn scary. :eek:

That is so true!!! LOL!!

sebillba
04-16-2008, 01:48 AM
That pic of Mace Sev really is scary!!! :eek: Why would any artist paint him like that?? He's got human lips and nose, and looks nothing like a weequay. :confused:

figrin bran
04-16-2008, 02:17 AM
That pic of Mace Sev really is scary!!! :eek: Why would any artist paint him like that?? He's got human lips and nose, and looks nothing like a weequay. :confused:

Looks like I'm not the only one that noticed Mace Sev as several of you have already commented on it.

I'm pretty sure it was a Mace image with the added features photoshopped in. sebilba got it right - NO self respecting artist would've painted that and then allowed it to be seen by thousands.

jedi master sal
04-16-2008, 09:09 AM
...I will say, though, that the picture on the back of Sev's packaging (http://www.rebelscum.com/photo.asp?image=/TAC/TAC08order666T2.jpg) freaks me out. It looks like the Photoshopped a picture of Mace Windu to look like a Weequay, and it's damn scary. :eek:

Damn, that IS scary. I hadn't bothered to look at the packaging closely. Yikes.

stillakid
04-16-2008, 05:25 PM

It actually looks more like some nerdy Trekkie was getting his Klingon fixation inserted into the Star Wars lore.

Mad Slanted Powers
04-16-2008, 08:02 PM
It actually looks more like some nerdy Trekkie was getting his Klingon fixation inserted into the Star Wars lore.
As I've said before, you haven't experienced Star Wars until you've seen it in the original Klingon!

Dark Marble
04-17-2008, 12:07 PM
So I picked up my Tsui Choi and Master Sev last night and all I need now is the Obi and Red Arc which seems to be one of the least popular. What is it about Tsui Choi that is driving everyone so crazy??

Blue2th
04-17-2008, 12:29 PM
I picked up all of these at Target last night finally. I really like that little Jedi Tsui Choi. Some of the other ones are really cool like the gray faced Emperor. I think the re-dressed Kelvan Anakin is really neat. I also like the Yellow Arc Trooper alot. Might have to go back and get a few extra of the ones I really like.
I think there is at least one good figure in each two-pack. Though I would say my least favorite are the Obi-Wan-Red Arc, (I've already got a good Fordo) and the Luminaria-AT-RT trooper. I don't like the camo sceme on him as much as the vibrant geen-yellow of last year's Order 66 Kashyyyk trooper. I have multiples of him, and they go good with the recent Target AT-RT twin pack with the Baraca-like commander. Though this AT-RT driver seems to have a similar color to the TAC Kashyyk trooper with the fold down visor which is ok.

jedi master sal
04-17-2008, 02:25 PM
So I picked up my Tsui Choi and Master Sev last night and all I need now is the Obi and Red Arc which seems to be one of the least popular. What is it about Tsui Choi that is driving everyone so crazy??

Totally new figure, whereas last years where all kitbashes or straight rereleases. All of the Jedi/Sith from the new wave are also kitbashes or redecoed rereleases, with exception to Choi. Besides, it's just a darn good sculpt and paves the way for Rats Tyrell and his family to be made. Oh and the Barc Trooper is cool-lots of potential for customs paint job with the Barc trooper!

DarkArtist
04-17-2008, 09:31 PM
finally picked up the last 2 sets I needed, Luminara and Tsoi. might try to get extra sets of the figures to army build some of the clones, would like to get extras of the Barc Trooper, Yellow ARC, and Red ARC.

Phantom-like Menace
04-18-2008, 12:35 AM
What is it about Tsui Choi that is driving everyone so crazy??

Honestly, I don't have any interest in the character of Choi himself, and I'm not all that fond of the figure, but I want to have one figure of each unique Jedi. Beyond that, this is the set I'd be inclined to army build for several reasons. First, I have a Ziploc bad full of lightsabers for customs, and only two or three of those are short lightsabers, so I'd love to get more short ones (the Jedi Council sets took up two of my short sabers and another got sucked up and broken in the vacuum). Also, I want the Neyo-style clones for customs (the lighter yellow is easier to paint over than the darker red on Neyo). And finally, I don't have any real problem with the gun the clone is holding. Is it too big to be practical? Sure. Is that not often part of the fun? Abso-****ing-lutely! So I want more of the guns.

Sinscia Fat'o
04-20-2008, 03:38 PM
I was a little angry that Christansburg Target didn't have the choi two pack...outraged even. My girl Friend got a kick making fun of me as this was the only two pack i wanted form this line, but after seeing The Emperor and Master Sev i broke down and got those two...I really just wanted the yellow Arc Trooper...as if it wasn't for that i would have passed on Sev. I figured Choi would be a hard find in these parts of the world. Though i did pull a Nomi Sunrider out of my Star Wars Minis! :thumbsup:

Mad Slanted Powers
04-20-2008, 04:35 PM
I finally found them yesterday. I got one of each.

TheDarthVader
04-20-2008, 11:48 PM
Not sure if they moved to the toy aisle, but the two packs are now gone from my Target at the front checkout area. Luckily, I got the sets I wanted already.

Dark Marble
04-22-2008, 09:51 AM
I think the choi figure is good, don't get me wrong there. But I was wondering why he was the one flying off the shelves. However, as rightly said, he is the only new sculpt in the line. Master Sev is also "new" but does not seem to be getting the same attention.

I wonder if what is in stock at Target right now is what they have and that is it? I still need an Obi but see that the figures are starting to thin out. They need to last until Friday for me!!!!

sebillba
04-23-2008, 04:36 PM
I got all the Jedi/Sith figures today, thanks to DarkJedi5 :thumbsup: (only 5 days from California to the UK - awesome!!). I'm not really interested in more clones, but it's nice to get the variations on the other figures. Of course, my favourites are Sev and Tsui Choi - Choi is such a cute little dude, a really nice sculpt, and a totally unique-looking jedi.

I was expecting Anakin's soft goods to be removable - well, I guess they are, but I can't see how without breaking the belt. Does he pull apart at the waist or something? It's not really that important, and I doubt I'd get them back on again anyway, but I'm just curious if anyone's done it?

Val Da Car
04-25-2008, 12:12 PM
http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/showthread.php?t=174463

forums is having database issues but it does have a picture.

JetsAndHeels
04-25-2008, 08:04 PM
I think the choi figure is good, don't get me wrong there. But I was wondering why he was the one flying off the shelves.

I wonder the same thing. Not sure what is so great about that figure. I passed it up, didn't think twice about it.

GizorDellso
04-26-2008, 10:11 AM
My target had at least 4 of every pack.But when i got to the toy section they had 3 comic packs and 8 Death Star Gunners and 4 Landos.:cross-eye

So i bought a Choi one