PDA

View Full Version : Are you a SSG completist?

Bel-Cam Jos
04-05-2008, 09:56 AM
There are a few threads here on this site; I'd say at least eight. Does anyone (cough JT) try to read every one of them? Do you make sure you read every post in certain threads? Any you avoid, like a crummy toy line? As Mods, some of us don't really count, at least in our particular sections, since we're contractually obligated to do just as I've queried here.

p.s. No points for saying you collect your threads MIST (mint in sealed thread) and therefore never open them. Unless you're a lurker... :sleeping:

Deoxyribonucleic
04-05-2008, 12:56 PM
Does anyone try to read every one of them? Do you make sure you read every post in certain threads?

Hell NO! And that includes the threads AND the posts within threads. Especially the really long ones. I don't even attempt any of those, I've got too much stuff outside of here to do.

Kidhuman
04-05-2008, 05:29 PM
No, I dont read stuff I dont care about or if I dont mod there.

El Chuxter
04-05-2008, 05:39 PM
No, there's one thread under General Discussion I've not posted in yet, so--

Dammit.

jjreason
04-05-2008, 05:49 PM
I subscribe, like many other forumites, to the "post first, read later (if ever)" philosophy. Who gives a carp what other people think, anyhow?

figrin bran
04-05-2008, 08:32 PM
I don't read every thread and even in the ones that I do read, I don't always read through every response. Sometimes it's just a quick skim through.

CaptainSolo1138
04-05-2008, 08:33 PM
I will usually poke my head into most GenDisc and CB threads, but I'll only look elsewhere if it seems interesting. I don't collect much anymore, so I stopped looking at every stupid clonetrooper or "Here's why this figure sucks" thread.

Slicker
04-05-2008, 08:44 PM
I try not to read any pointless threads started by Tycho

jjreason
04-05-2008, 08:50 PM
So a guy has one false-straight dream about you in your sailor suit and it's okay to start bashing him? I really don't know what this place is coming to.

JediTricks
04-06-2008, 07:44 PM
I used to, but between the massive number of sections to cover, the number of posts coming in every day, and some truly dumb stuff ;) I've relegated that task to the mod staff.

2-1B
04-06-2008, 09:15 PM
Especially the really long ones. I don't even attempt any of those, I've got too much stuff outside of here to do.

If you don't read the really long ones, then how did you and Tycho get to be such good friends ? :thumbsup:

Jargo
04-06-2008, 10:03 PM
Erm, no. I've got two or three whole forum sections collapsed coz I never use them. And certain subjects in thread titles mean I skip them to avoid saying something I shouldn't.

having certain people on ignore shortens threads too so I don't read all of a thread sometimes anyway.

bobafrett
04-06-2008, 10:21 PM
I'm so excited, I just got my computer somehow to connect to the internet!

No, I barely have time to read but just a handful of threads, so I keep it to just those that interest me. Sometimes they have an interesting, but then I roll the pointer over it, and read the highlighted info only to find it's not what I thought the title said it would be.

Deoxyribonucleic
04-06-2008, 10:22 PM
Sometimes they have an interesting, but then I roll the pointer over it, and read the highlighted info only to find it's not what I thought the title said it would be.

That's the worst! You BASTAGES! *shakes fist in air

;)

Darth Jax
04-06-2008, 10:28 PM
i just click the new posts button and look at the threads that might be interesting. i too hate threads that have misleading titles.

CaptainSolo1138
04-06-2008, 11:28 PM
i too hate threads that have misleading titles.
SPOILER: The thread titled "Shakin'" is not about Michael J. Fox.

What? Too soon?

Deoxyribonucleic
04-06-2008, 11:48 PM

As SUPERSTAR Mary Kathryn Gallagher would say...

"You're horrible..."

"Horrible..."

"Horrible..."

"HORRIBLE!"

Darth Jax
04-07-2008, 08:19 AM

From the location of that thread, it was easy to ascertain what it would be about.

JediTricks
04-07-2008, 06:15 PM
If you don't read the really long ones, then how did you and Tycho get to be such good friends ? :thumbsup:Because she DIDN'T read them. :D

Then again, her quoting Mary Katherine Gallagher is a little upsetting, maybe that's the part of her that draws to Tycho. ;)