PDA

View Full Version : What Ships need to be re-released.

DarkArtist
04-05-2008, 10:58 PM
I figured since we have a thread about what figures need to be re-released why not have a thread for ships and vehicles as well.

I would love to see:

Anakin's Clone Wars Starfighter:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup: (missed out on this one and don't want to have to pay Ebay scalper prices.)
Geonosian Starfighter
Republic Gunship
CW Deco ARC-170
ROTS Deco ARC-170
Large Wing TIE Fighter
AOTC Anakin's Speeder
AOTC Zam Wessel's Speeder
Clone Wars Speederbike
Shadows of the Empire Swoopbike
Jabba's Desert Sail Skiff

and while we are at it here what I would like to see from the vintage line to be re-released but just updated with new paint apps and better detailing:

Rebel Transport
Twin Pod Cloud Car
MLC-3

stillakid
04-06-2008, 12:34 AM
I'd like another large wing TIE Fighter. Also, while it isn't officially a "vehicle" as such, I'd like to see the first edition Bantha from a few years ago instead of the weird-hair one that has been out recently.

Does the "Death Star" count as a vehicle? (see my sig line) :)

I might consider getting another AT AT if it came out "improved" with the vintage motorized front guns.

Stuff like that.

bigbarada
04-06-2008, 04:14 PM
1. TIE Interceptor: new cockpit, no red stripe on the panels.
2. TIE Fighter: new cockpit, correctly-scaled panels, white deco.
3. Palpatine's Imperial Shuttle: clean, grey stripe down the front

I would list the AT-AT, but I think that vehicle really needs to be completely remade, larger and more accurate. Same with the Speeder Bike and the AT-ST.

Battle Droid
04-06-2008, 04:18 PM
V-Wing starfighter (Imperial colors)
ROTS Vulture Droid (transforming version from the EPI three pack)
Geonosian Starfighter (New Clone Wars colors)

Deoxyribonucleic
04-06-2008, 05:27 PM
Rebel Transport is a great idea.
Twin-Pod Cloud Car
B-Wing again

and where is that $150 price point Millennium Falcon? :thumbsup:

jedi master sal
04-06-2008, 08:42 PM
Of your suggestions I would like to see:
Republic Gunship-correct movie colors only.
ROTS Deco ARC-170
Large Wing TIE Fighter-at a smaller pricepoint plese. this is nothing but a ball a shingles. Surely we can get away from this being a $40 release again...
Jabba's Desert Sail Skiff

And from the vintage choices.
Rebel Transport
Twin Pod Cloud Car

2-1B
04-06-2008, 09:01 PM
POTF2 TIE Fighter with Green Missiles

Deoxyribonucleic
04-06-2008, 09:04 PM
POTF2 TIE Fighter with Green Missiles

You're a pooper! ;)

Jargo
04-06-2008, 09:32 PM
one thing that I spotted on the net yesterday is a clone wars era Y-wing design with all the plating intact. releasing that with the last version of the Y-wing they released, that has the droid slot, as an evolutions pack would get my dollars. so what if it's only two vehicles. it'd make a sweet set. forget pilots just pack in those access ladders we know they sculpted for that unreleased accessory set. a couple of the cheese wedge landing lights like the ones molded onto the base of the POTF2 rebel pilots cinema scene.

The snowspeeder could do with being shoved out again. the one with the air breaks and small harpoon gun. do it as Zev's ship or Wes 'good shot' Janson's. resculpt the cockpit so it's tighter and the figures don't rattle around in it.

An X-wing in basic deco with stickers so you can make it any of your rebel pilots' ship. sticker sheets for three or four main pilots besides Luke, just add the stickers to the fuselage nose and wings. shove the access ladders in with that too. and the landing lights.

If they ever release a rebel transport again i hope it's a new sculpt and larger. considering the bit that sticks out the top is supposed to be a cockpit and the underside is supposed to be hundeds of cargo containers. I'd want to see something significanly bigger and with removable container units and at least some sort of detailed interior space. if most of the thing was still a carry case for figures that'd be cool but I want one of these for my tatooine shelf and the vintage one just plain sucks.

Old Fossil
04-06-2008, 11:03 PM
Luke's Landspeeder (Saga). Pack-in a "dirty" version of Ewok Throne Threepio, or a Moisture Vaporator, or both.:D

Deoxyribonucleic
04-06-2008, 11:52 PM
Luke's Landspeeder (Saga). Pack-in a "dirty" version of Ewok Throne Threepio, or a Moisture Vaporator, or both.:D

Wow, you know what, that is an awesome idea to re-release the land speeder. That always seems to be forgotten. I'd like an updated version though :thumbsup:

Danger Mouse
04-07-2008, 04:12 AM
Correct me if I'm wrong, but there's never been a Star Destroyer toy, has there? Well, granted they'll never make one to scale, but I guess a 4-footer might be alright.

Deoxyribonucleic
04-07-2008, 12:12 PM
Correct me if I'm wrong, but there's never been a Star Destroyer toy, has there? Well, granted they'll never make one to scale, but I guess a 4-footer might be alright.

They did make one in the vintage years but it was just a section of a star destroyer, encompassing parts from both movies. The canon from Star wars where they almost shoot the escape pod out of the sky and darth vader's chamber and the officer pits and bridge from Empire. I have it and I remember having lots of fun with it cuz back then I just loved star wars and didn't really care about detail. After all, the play value of that sucker is what they were after and they got it from me :thumbsup: I wouldn't want them to rerelease that again though.

Dark Marble
04-07-2008, 12:58 PM
I think I would want:

1. Big Wing Tie in White
2. A-Wing but in blue
3. V-Wing in grey

I would also take the Emperor's shuttle as long as it was at the $50 to $60 price point.

Sinscia Fat'o
04-07-2008, 02:03 PM
The Skiff
Impireal Shuttle
The Sand Crawler
Tauntaun with a new SA hoth Luke Skywalker
Aura Sing's Swoop

JON9000
04-07-2008, 02:11 PM
Wow, you know what, that is an awesome idea to re-release the land speeder. That always seems to be forgotten. I'd like an updated version though :thumbsup:

That was a GREAT toy and I wish I had one. I don't think we'll see the Falcon this year. Marketing would seem to dictate that parents would only buy Jr. one really expensive toy every year. A Falcon and an ATTE would be a pretty expensive one-two punch. Maybe in 09...

Sinscia Fat'o
04-07-2008, 03:39 PM
That was a GREAT toy and I wish I had one. I don't think we'll see the Falcon this year. Marketing would seem to dictate that parents would only buy Jr. one really expensive toy every year. A Falcon and an ATTE would be a pretty expensive one-two punch. Maybe in 09...

Which is sad as the Falcon deserves a update and a release before the AT-Te, but the cartoon makes anything prequel a number one priority for hasbro...which is smart business. Though i can say i'm pleased the falcon isn't coming out this year as it saves me some bank roll!

Also before any one takes my AT-TE statement wrong i have nothing against the thing, as it looks really-really cool, and i would love to get it, but i can't find the room for something like that as my collection is out of control as it is. I just prefer my OT over prequels these days.

Jedi_Kal-El
04-07-2008, 03:50 PM
We need different versions of the X-Wing for various pilots such as Wedge and Biggs.

I'd also like to see:

Sandcrawler
Imperial Shuttle(Clean Deco)
Large Wing Tie Fighter
B-Wing
AT-AT(A new version would be nice)
New Falcon
Desert Skiff

DarkArtist
04-07-2008, 08:58 PM
forgot to add the sandcrawler but would also like to see Palpatine's shuttle from ROTS with perhaps a medical capsule and a couple of pack in figures.

Gothiczartan
04-09-2008, 08:47 PM
republic gunship with retooling for bubble type cockpits to fit figures in

Gothiczartan
04-09-2008, 08:49 PM
new sculpt desert skiff to have room for the figures just as seen in the movie

rebel transport

Danger Mouse
04-11-2008, 12:38 AM
The StealthX.

Deoxyribonucleic
04-11-2008, 12:42 AM
I think I would want:

1. Big Wing Tie in White
2. A-Wing but in blue
3. V-Wing in grey

I would also take the Emperor's shuttle as long as it was at the $50 to $60 price point.

Big wing TIE in white is out now, saw 4 at TRU yesterday, looks really good! It's in TAC packaging.

bigbarada
04-11-2008, 01:35 AM
Big wing TIE in white is out now, saw 4 at TRU yesterday, looks really good! It's in TAC packaging.

Seriously? Does it have the new cockpit?

Deoxyribonucleic
04-11-2008, 02:52 AM
Seriously? Does it have the new cockpit?

Yeah it does :) They also have pics up at rebelscum I just noticed. Retail 39.99. It looks great but I have the blue one so I am still contemplating getting it...

bigbarada
04-11-2008, 02:56 AM
Yeah it does :) They also have pics up at rebelscum I just noticed. Retail 39.99. It looks great but I have the blue one so I am still contemplating getting it...

I didn't even know this thing was being made, but I've been hoping that we would eventually see it. That's awesome that it's out already! :thumbsup: